PDA

View Full Version : Odis

Gsquared
08-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey, when you able to lock up the trailer, come over to my place and ill give you a lesson on commodities. Ill start by explaining how the Chinease are affecting the copper market. I can explain what drives you meth heads to stripping all copper out of TXU's Substations

Odis
08-11-2006, 01:38 PM
candy eater:

I've forgotten more about commodities than you will ever know. If you want to talk copper. Lets do it. Give me your opinion on todays action in light of whats going on at Escondida.

DaHop72
08-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Odis
candy eater:

I've forgotten more about commodities than you will ever know. If you want to talk copper. Lets do it. Give me your opinion on todays action in light of whats going on at Escondida. Ooops, Odis slipped out of his native tongue again.:thinking: :thinking:

Emerson1
08-11-2006, 01:58 PM
It mus been one of thu yungins on his name agin

Gsquared
08-11-2006, 02:05 PM
candy eater:

I've forgotten more about commodities than you will ever know. If you want to talk copper. Lets do it. Give me your opinion on todays action in light of whats going on at Escondida.
Hey Dip s****, copper isnt running close to four bucks a pound because of the mines!!!!!!!!!!! Look at whats going on in Chile all you want , the majority of it based on speculation!!! Chinease are using it all up, buyers scramble and were screwed. Will eventually correct though

Gobbla2001
08-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Hey Dip s****,

haha

G2... getting all to'd on the internet????

He must be sober...

Odis
08-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Just as I suspected:

Not a clue. What is it GG? Is it speculation?? or is it demand from Chindia??? Your trying to say it's both. Here's a little tip for you:

It's demand. The Chinese and Indians love indoor plumbing and electricity. There are almost 3 billion of them. GET IT!!!

Now add supply disruptions at the worlds largest copper mine and you have a double whammy.

Odis
08-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you might be stuck in a short postion. You shoulda got out today.

Long-term the trend is up up and away. Remember, the trend is your friend.

How many times you double down on that losing bet?

Sweetwater Red
08-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Does all this talk about copper mean a penny is worth more than
one cent right now? :thinking:

Gsquared
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Just as I suspected:

Not a clue. What is it GG? Is it speculation?? or is it demand from Chindia??? Your trying to say it's both. Here's a little tip for you:

It's demand. The Chinese and Indians love indoor plumbing and electricity. There are almost 3 billion of them. GET IT!!!

Now add supply disruptions at the worlds largest copper mine and you have a double whammy.
Dude, its both !! The Comex goes up because of China over buying and stock piling (even though they are using the heck out of it), US buyers see this and start speculating that the Comex is going to hit a certain level!! Think of this, say you are an electrical dist. for large industrials, you gotta hedge your bets on what the comex is going to be. If you buy your wire when copper is 3.66 a pound, quote a large contractor based on that rate, then he buys it all and you have back orders logged against that inventory you are selling at that comex rate, and the next day you place an order at a comex rate of 4.05 a pound, you are selling it at the 3.66 a pound rate. Your telling me speculation doesnt fit into the mix???????? The "market" is made up of people, who make up corporations, therefore, the market is based on human instinct, and speculation is one hell of a human instinct.

Gsquared
08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Dude, why am I talking about copper, scrimmages start next week, week zero in a couple and its almost cervesa time!!!

Odis
08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't know?? You asked me.

You can call anything "speculation", but it's all supply and demand. "Speculation" , to me is the excuse made by those on the losing end of a trade, to themselves or to their bosses in the example you sited. BTW, a chinese trader had the largest net short ever on copper recently so if anything until the short squeeze hit, if anything the Chinese were actually trying to drive down the price.

Full disclosure: I never traded copper. I stick to NG, HU, CL.

Your right, just a couple of weeks and the Old Mean Green will be preparing for their long playoff run that hopefully includes a little payback on those red shetlands.

Shoot Low boys!! He's ridin' a shetland!

sweetwater07
08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Ooops, Odis slipped out of his native tongue again.:thinking: :thinking:

no M&G at the snyder/ sweetwater game this year..too bad

Sweetwater Red
08-11-2006, 02:50 PM

You can call anything "speculation", but it's all supply and demand. "Speculation" , to me is the excuse made by those on the losing end of a trade, to themselves or to their bosses in the example you sited. BTW, a chinese trader had the largest net short ever on copper recently so if anything until the short squeeze hit, if anything the Chinese were actually trying to drive down the price.

Your right, just a couple of weeks and the Old Mean Green will be preparing for their long playoff run that hopefully includes a little payback on those red shetlands.

Hahahahaha!!!....No seriously!!!...hahahahahaha!!! :rolleyes:

Gsquared
08-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Ahh, I dunno, I thought you asked me. Been a long day. Right now, just about everybody loses, its crazy! I deal with stuff daily and it makes you pull your hair out. So far, ive been lucky enough to hit it right most of the time and make a little margin while not gouging my customers.

I think the 3-3 stack is more interesting that copper trading!

slpybear the bullfan
08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Nickel.

;)

And I don't care for the 3-3 stack!

;)