PDA

View Full Version : Seems Like A Lot of College FB Fans Just Want To Stay In the Parking Lot

Bullaholic
08-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm reading more and more that Universities are facing a growing problem with tail-gateing fans wanting to stay in the parking lots and "party" and watch the game on TV rather than enter the stadium. Some are getting a little "rowdy" and are causing complaints. Also, many are coming out of the stadium to party in the parking lot and never return to the stands. Is this a "good" or" bad" thing? I bet it breaks down along "age" lines.

Article on the problem at TCU:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15206351.htm

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 10:41 AM
it depends upon if your team is interesting enough

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

and who they are playing...:D .

Bullaholic
08-10-2006, 10:43 AM

Must be a HUGE problem at Kyle Field, then, huh AJ? :D
(j/k AJ--Sorry,the "shot" was just too good to pass up.)

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 10:45 AM
hmmmmmmmm......this is gonna be good. I've been to a few tailgates and have always had fun. For college & NFL I'd rather watch the game on television than in the stadium. I don't know why I feel disconnected from the game when I'm sitting their in the stands! :confused: :smoker: Anyway...what do they care if people are not in their seats at the start of the 3rd qtr? They already have their $$ from the ticket sale and isn't this what this really boils down too...not safety? :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents...I'm sure I can find some more change later....ROFL!

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Must be a HUGE problem at Kyle Field, then, huh AJ? :D
(j/k AJ--Sorry,the "shot" was just too good to pass up.) tail-gateing is an art form at a&m, but come time for kickoff you see a mass exodus from the park and parking lots to the stadium

everyone knows you are too be in your seat 22 minutes before kickoff so you can sing spirit of aggieland

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
tail-gateing is an art form at a&m, but come time for kickoff you see a mass exodus from the park and parking lots to the stadium

Well, when they are playing UT or OU anyway... :D .

Phil C
08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
BEHAVE YOURSELVES!! :mad:

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
BEHAVE YOURSELVES!! :mad: the godfather aka the compassion police

Phil C
08-10-2006, 11:26 AM
the godfather aka the compassion police

:)

KTJ
08-10-2006, 01:17 PM
tail-gateing is an art form at a&m, but come time for kickoff you see a mass exodus from the park and parking lots to the stadium

everyone knows you are too be in your seat 22 minutes before kickoff so you can sing spirit of aggieland

Art form? The tailgating at A&M isn't special and borders on boring. But the same can be said about UT as well. We don't have anything special either.

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Art form? The tailgating at A&M isn't special and borders on boring. But the same can be said about UT as well. We don't have anything special either. because a&m and texas are big boy football

SintonFan
08-10-2006, 01:24 PM
The beer is alot cheaper in the parking lot...:nerd:

big daddy russ
08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I've done a lot of tailgating and the stuff that goes on here in the Big XII is nothing compared to the stuff I've experienced in the SEC. I've tailgated in Tuscaloosa and Auburn, AL; Athens, GA; Gainesville, FL; Austin; Lubbock; College Station; San Marcos; and Houston (only for Southern-- still never been to a 'Coogs game). I also have a couple of good buddies who graduated from LSU and one of my good friends from high school lived in Jax, FL. That's right, she got to go to the World's Biggest Cocktail Party every year.

From everything I've seen in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, there's no school in Texas that can compare to those tailgaters. Of course, I've also never been to Carter Stadium and many of the other stadiums around the state.

Bull Butter
08-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I've been to many games at both Kyle and DKR. Unless you pump a lot of $$$ into those school's athletic departments, you won't be parking anywhere remotely close to the stadium anyway.

KTJ
08-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Despite them being jerk-off fans, Ohio State tailgating was really awesome.

(Minus the couch burning.)

CalallenWildcat
08-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I've done a lot of tailgating and the stuff that goes on here in the Big XII is nothing compared to the stuff I've experienced in the SEC. I've tailgated in Tuscaloosa and Auburn, AL; Athens, GA; Gainesville, FL; Austin; Lubbock; College Station; San Marcos; and Houston (only for Southern-- still never been to a 'Coogs game). I also have a couple of good buddies who graduated from LSU and one of my good friends from high school lived in Jax, FL. That's right, she got to go to the World's Biggest Cocktail Party every year.

From everything I've seen in Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, there's no school in Texas that can compare to those tailgaters. Of course, I've also never been to Carter Stadium and many of the other stadiums around the state.

SMU's Boulevard tailgating scene is recognized by those "in the know" as the 2nd best tailgating in the country...after The Grove at Ole Miss, which the Boulevard is modeled after.

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
SMU's Boulevard tailgating scene is recognized by those "in the know" as the 2nd best tailgating in the country...after The Grove at Ole Miss, which the Boulevard is modeled after. i've heard the grove is awesome, but i don't like a school that you dress up to go to the games...

CalallenWildcat
08-10-2006, 08:24 PM
i've heard the grove is awesome, but i don't like a school that you dress up to go to the games...

Why not? That tradition dates back to when colleges were all-male and the games were events to meet girls. And it's perhaps the only thing done twice that A&M doesn't call a "tradition."

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Why not? That tradition dates back to when colleges were all-male and the games were events to meet girls. And it's perhaps the only thing done twice that A&M doesn't call a "tradition." you don't go to football games to meet girls....that's the one time that ettiquite is out the door

KTJ
08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
The Grove is a gorgeous place and Ole Miss has by far the hottest girls you've ever seen. However, that campus is as racist as they come. (Then again, it is Mississippi.)

Texas is considering a series with Ole Miss. Should be a fun one.