PDA

View Full Version : Sep. 22, 2006

Chris Hart
08-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm looking for a marquee matchup to go to on this date. This is Burnet's open week. I am only interested in a game involving two highly ranked teams. Classification doesn't matter to me, do you know of one that may interest me? Thanks...:)

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Sweetwater vs. Canyon in Sweetwater.

Final score should be...

Sweetwater...60
Canyon..........59

:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I am only interested in a game involving two highly ranked teams.
Well, scratch that idea. :weeping:

Chris Hart
08-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, scratch that idea. :weeping: Who yall playing LHPantherMom?;)

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Cisco (with QB Jacob West...formerly of Gainesville) @ Albany. A top 2A vs a top 1A. Should be a good game! :thumbsup:

I checked 10 top programs schedules and all of them are off the September 22. The Sweetwater/Canyon matchup is starting to sound pretty good. That should be a fun one to watch too!

Canyon 49
Sweetwater 35

44INAROW
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Who yall playing LHPantherMom?;)

I'll field that question.. The Panthers will be traveling down to Gobbler territory on Sept 22nd

Chris Hart
08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Is the Sweetwater/Canyon game in Sweetwater or Canyon? I don't think I would drive all the way to Canyon...

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Is the Sweetwater/Canyon game in Sweetwater or Canyon? I don't think I would drive all the way to Canyon...

I believe it's in Sweetwater.

Chris Hart
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I'll field that question.. The Panthers will be traveling down to Gobbler territory on Sept 22nd I see, that's more to liking #2 Cuero vs a very underrated LH team , much more intriguing than a Region 1 game(no offense guys):D

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Cisco (with QB Jacob West...formerly of Gainesville) @ Albany. A top 2A vs a top 1A. Should be a good game! :thumbsup:

I checked 10 top programs schedules and all of them are off the September 22. The Sweetwater/Canyon matchup is starting to sound pretty good. That should be a fun one to watch too!

Canyon 49
Sweetwater 35

I'll let this slide this one time.:mad:

But only because you picked Brownwood over Wylie.:D

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'll let this slide this one time.:mad:

But only because you picked Brownwood over Wylie.

Though our Snyder buddies would never agree...I'm not a Wylie homer. Besides...as far back as I can remember, the only times Wylie ever went 10-0 in the regular season was 2000 (state finals year) and 2001 (#3 in state...got bent over by Vernon in bi-district).

As much as those in Snyder will never accept this comment, Sandifer doesn't build his teams to win in the regular season. He builds them to win in the playoffs. That's why you see different formations, play calling styles, player lineups just about every Friday during the regular season...and rarely see Wylie truly blow somebody out (Merkel notwithstanding). Sandifer knows he has enough talent and a system that will win enough games to get them into the playoffs. He uses the regular season to figure out what works and what doesn't work so that he isn't have to "take a risk" in a big spot in a playoff game and hope the guys come through for him. Pretty much any situation that comes up in a playoff game, they've already faced it in the regular season and now how to react accordingly.

K...a slight rabbit chaser there...SORRY MOM!!! :mad:

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I see, that's more to liking #2 Cuero vs a very underrated LH team , much more intriguing than a Region 1 game(no offense guys):D

The Region 1 game is going to feature the returning leading passer in 3A (Canyon's Anthony Ramos) along with an incredibly fast, talented running game from Sweetwater. It will be plenty of offensive firepower and should be exciting to watch.

DaHop72
08-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Though our Snyder buddies would never agree... With the exception of....................:thinking: :clap: :D

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
With the exception of....................:thinking: :clap: :D

You're my downlow amigo! :thumbsup:

I don't lump you in with Snyder's best and brightest (sad to think that they are allowed to "lead the team" on Friday's! :rolleyes: )

TexDad
08-10-2006, 11:33 AM
I know it's a drive, but Wimberley vs Liberty-Eylau in Waxahacie might be a good one.

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by TexDad
I know it's a drive, but Wimberley vs Liberty-Eylau in Waxahacie might be a good one. Forgot about that game. :thinking:

Chris Hart
08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
The Region 1 game is going to feature the returning leading passer in 3A (Canyon's Anthony Ramos) along with an incredibly fast, talented running game from Sweetwater. It will be plenty of offensive firepower and should be exciting to watch. Thanks Adidas, I know Sweetwater returns alot and most region 1 people are pretty high on Canyon after they gave Wylie such a great game in last years playoffs. I really wasn't trying to get a dig in on Region 1, the drive distance was the main reason I was leaning toward the LH/Cuero game. I've never seen a Sweetwater game in the Bowl, I plan to someday... :)

injuredinmelee
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
I think i will actually go to this Sweetwater/ Canyon tilt.

Chris Hart
08-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by TexDad
I know it's a drive, but Wimberley vs Liberty-Eylau in Waxahacie might be a good one. That game would be worth the drive! The defending Champs against the pre-season #2 or #3 depending on the poll. I would love to see this game. I think I'll keep my eye on Wimberley for a few games before I decide to take in this one though. I'll see how the Texans fare against Giddings and their other two tough foes before the Leopards first. I know the Texans have some awesome shoes to fill on the defensive side of the ball. IMO, the Texans should be better on offense this year, but replacing the studs they lost on defense is almost impossible. That was the best 3A defense I've seen in a LONG LONG TIME. I've saw where some Texan fans think the defense has a chance to be even better this year, if that's the case you can just hand them the trophy. I just don't see how they can be as good as last year's D, I hope they prove me wrong. I do however expect Wimberley to be a VERY TOUGH out come playoff time...

MHSvarsity2007
08-10-2006, 04:03 PM
wylies homecoming. they're playing big spring i do believe.