PDA

View Full Version : this is the end...

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 10:33 AM
beautiful friend...this is the end...my only friend the end

Jim Morrison was a GOD!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll never look into your eyes again...can you picture what will be...

:smoker: :smoker: :D

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
beautiful friend...this is the end...my only friend the end

Jim Morrison was a GOD!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll never look into your eyes again...can you picture what will be...

:smoker: :smoker: :D

He wasn't a God. He was the Lizard King and he really believed
that.

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :thinking:

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
He wasn't a God. He was the Lizard King and he really believed
that.

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :thinking: He was both then. ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
He was both then. ;)

I'll go with that.:D

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 10:40 AM
you better believe I'm back in the New York Groove :D

Bullaholic
08-10-2006, 10:56 AM
"Come on baby and light my fire"........Wish I had a nickel for every beer I drank in college listening to that song.

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
"Come on baby and light my fire"........Wish I had a nickel for every beer I drank in college listening to that song. LOL! Actually, I'm sick of that song it's too commercial. I like his darker stuff. :thumbsup:

But keep on keeping on Bull!!!! :)

44INAROW
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM
"Love me Two Times Baby" was a good one :D

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
"Love me Two Times Baby" was a good one :D :D :D I concur.

Van Halen's - Jaime's Crying

gotta love David Lee Roth!!! :cool:

Bullaholic
08-10-2006, 11:13 AM
"Love me Two Times Baby" was a good one :D

Well, I only drank beer to my fav, 44IAR.......:D

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Any fans of Tripping Daisy out there??? :thinking:

:clap: :clap: These guys were awesome back in the 90s!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Trip Along, I got a Girl, My Umbrella...good times. :)

44INAROW
08-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Any fans of Tripping Daisy out there??? :thinking:

:clap: :clap: These guys were awesome back in the 90s!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Trip Along, I got a Girl, My Umbrella...good times. :)

I must be showing my age on this. but WHO? maybe I'd recognize the song if I heard it

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I must be showing my age on this. but WHO? maybe I'd recognize the song if I heard it It's okay here is their web site (http://www.trippingdaisy.com/). :) They were a local band Arlington/DFW Metroplex.

44INAROW
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I am more of the "old school" type music: Savoy Brown, CCR, Jim Croce, Cat Stevens (before he turned nutty) Trapeze, Triumph - that era :cool: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: but I am open to all kinds of music

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I am more of the "old school" type music: Savoy Brown, CCR, Jim Croce, Cat Stevens (before he turned nutty) Trapeze, Triumph - that era :cool: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: but I am open to all kinds of music Tripping Daisy is very uh....what's the word...trippy...:devil:

Bullaholic
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I hope some of you folks will get a "kick" out of this---especially the young ones---since this is sort of a "nostalgic" music thread.

Here is a link dedicated to a high school dance held each year by a high school fraternity at my high school. Some of my old classmates still mark this dance by holding get togethers over the years to mark the event. Some of these pics should make many of you laugh out loud. Take note of some of the bands that used to play for practically nothing at these dances.

http://www.swampstomp.net/index.htm

Blastoderm55
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I remember Tripping Daisy. Reminds me of freshman year in high school. Can't really remember any of their tunes though. Just remember confusing them with the Wallflowers for some reason or another. :p

pirate4state
08-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I remember Tripping Daisy. Reminds me of freshman year in high school. Can't really remember any of their tunes though. Just remember confusing them with the Wallflowers for some reason or another. :p They sound nothing alike! :eek: I don't think I wanna know "for some reason or another" ROFL! :p

44INAROW
08-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I hope some of you folks will get a "kick" out of this---especially the young ones---since this is sort of a "nostalgic" music thread.

Here is a link dedicated to a high school dance held each year by a high school fraternity at my high school. Some of my old classmates still mark this dance by holding get togethers over the years to mark the event. Some of these pics should make many of you laugh out loud. Take note of some of the bands that used to play for practically nothing at these dances.

http://www.swampstomp.net/index.htm

that is just too neat.......... I've seen LAGNIAPPE before - that is the name on my mother and dad's college yearbooks.. They both graduated from La Tech. Must be a "Louisiana" word :D

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
that is just too neat.......... I've seen LAGNIAPPE before - that is the name on my mother and dad's college yearbooks.. They both graduated from La Tech. Must be a "Louisiana" word :D

Loosely translated it means "a little something extra".:D

44INAROW
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Loosely translated it means "a little something extra".:D

you were pretty close :)

Lagniappe
“to give more.” The word came into the rich Creole dialect mixture of New Orleans and there acquired a French spelling. It is still used in the Gulf states, especially southern Louisiana, to denote a little bonus that a friendly shopkeeper might add to a purchase. By extension, it may mean “an extra or unexpected gift or benefit.”