PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt Essay Contest

PPHSfan
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok, I need my ego massaged, so I am going to buy a brand new 3adl t-shirt for the person who writes the best paragraph about why PPHSfan is the King of the 3adl.

Also, in order to be fair, I will buy ANOTHER shirt for the person who writes the best paragraph as to why I am NOT the king.:D

Who knows? Maybe you can win them BOTH.:eek:

Bullaholic
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Ok, I need my ego massaged, so I am going to buy a brand new 3adl t-shirt for the person who writes the best paragraph about why PPHSfan is the King of the 3adl.

Also, in order to be fair, I will buy ANOTHER shirt for the person who writes the best paragraph as to why I am NOT the king.:D

Who knows? Maybe you can win them BOTH.:eek:

How about your sending me BOTH shirts prepaid if I promise not to tell all I know about you and cats and jelly? Or midgets and donkeys, or...... :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Why PPHSfan is NOT the King of 3A Downlow:

A Meticulously Written Report By Big Blue Defensive End

Scholars today still argue about the true "King of 3A Downlow." This debate rivals that of the true existence of King Arthur, but in many key ways suprasses even that legend. The legend dates back in to the early twenty-first century, when the pride of Texas High School Football was blossoming and bursting from every facet of life from every small, rural town to every large, bustling, metropolitan city. Football has grown into a way of life in the great state of Texas, and its tradition is recognized and unrivaled by any of the other forty-nine states in the nation. Football created the website known as 3A Downlow, which started out from humble beginnings, but has grown to one of the foremost authorities on high school football, bringing the latest gossip from the 3A high school ranks, which is arguably the most competitive division in all sports. The birth of the 3A Downlow marked a period of enlightenment and an opportunity for friendship and rivalry amongst its proud membership. During a period of growth and prosperity, one man emerged named PPHSfan, who claimed to be, "King of 3A Downlow." The sudden rise to power came as a shock to all of its members. Some accepted the position, some did not. The self-proclamation was unexpected, but not completely embraced. The reign was short, but created a remarkable explosion of interest on this very message board. The proclamation, however, did not make PPHSfan "King of 3A Downlow." The Downlow has no King, and never has and never will, simply based on the fact that the Downlow IS King. Its member base is, on the most part, on a first-name basis, full of spirited rivalries, jokes, comaradery, and a growing awareness and compassion for other teams across the state. The Downlow is a message board of morals and is very family oriented, with a staff of moderators who frequently patrol the board and make it one of the most welcoming places on the world wide web. No single person can never be the King and absolute ruler or such a place. Long live 3A Downlow.

-Copyright 2006

Emerson1
08-09-2006, 11:13 PM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2627/kingpphsfan1re2.jpg

I saw we throw that on a couple jock straps.

DU_stud04
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
A handsome, self-described party animal,
PPHSfan hails from p squared, TX. Always up for fun, PPHSfan beguiles women everywhere he goes...and has been known to leave a trail of broken hearts in his wake. PPHSfan loves to hit the bars and cause a little mischief...don't be surprised if you see him on the dance floor surrounded by adoring women. With an upbeat attitude and love for a good time and women, PPHSfan is often the very center of the action!

.... :)

Phantom Stang
08-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
A handsome, self-described party animal,
PPHSfan hails from p squared, TX. Always up for fun, PPHSfan beguiles women everywhere he goes...and has been known to leave a trail of broken hearts in his wake. PPHSfan loves to hit the bars and cause a little mischief...don't be surprised if you see him on the dance floor surrounded by adoring women. With an upbeat attitude and love for a good time and women, PPHSfan is often the very center of the action!

.... :)
Does that mean he should or should not be king?:p

DU_stud04
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Does that mean he should or should not be king?:p

which ever gets the shirt...... hahaha

Phantom Stang
08-09-2006, 11:29 PM
lol

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2006, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
which ever gets the shirt...... hahaha
Well, I'm pretty sure BBDE beat you out for the NOT. :D

KindaCool
08-10-2006, 10:12 AM
PPHSFan is not the king of the 3adownlow, the best TEXAS high school message board around, because he left this great state to go to swampland Louisiana. Oh, and he also hates old people and dogs. - that's it, I win.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Why PPHSfan is NOT the King of 3A Downlow:

A Meticulously Written Report By Big Blue Defensive End

Scholars today still argue about the true "King of 3A Downlow." This debate rivals that of the true existence of King Arthur, but in many key ways suprasses even that legend. The legend dates back in to the early twenty-first century, when the pride of Texas High School Football was blossoming and bursting from every facet of life from every small, rural town to every large, bustling, metropolitan city. Football has grown into a way of life in the great state of Texas, and its tradition is recognized and unrivaled by any of the other forty-nine states in the nation. Football created the website known as 3A Downlow, which started out from humble beginnings, but has grown to one of the foremost authorities on high school football, bringing the latest gossip from the 3A high school ranks, which is arguably the most competitive division in all sports. The birth of the 3A Downlow marked a period of enlightenment and an opportunity for friendship and rivalry amongst its proud membership. During a period of growth and prosperity, one man emerged named PPHSfan, who claimed to be, "King of 3A Downlow." The sudden rise to power came as a shock to all of its members. Some accepted the position, some did not. The self-proclamation was unexpected, but not completely embraced. The reign was short, but created a remarkable explosion of interest on this very message board. The proclamation, however, did not make PPHSfan "King of 3A Downlow." The Downlow has no King, and never has and never will, simply based on the fact that the Downlow IS King. Its member base is, on the most part, on a first-name basis, full of spirited rivalries, jokes, comaradery, and a growing awareness and compassion for other teams across the state. The Downlow is a message board of morals and is very family oriented, with a staff of moderators who frequently patrol the board and make it one of the most welcoming places on the world wide web. No single person can never be the King and absolute ruler or such a place. Long live 3A Downlow.

-Copyright 2006

So, when do I know if I won?

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So, when do I know if I won? Sounds like someone really wants a shirt!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Sounds like someone really wants a shirt!

Hey, I spent a good 10 minutes writing that essay, it had better not have been in vain.

PPHSfan
08-10-2006, 09:14 PM
BBDE so far you are in the lead for the why not shirt. Maybe you should write another essay for the other shirt.

SintonFan
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
BBDE so far you are in the lead for the why not shirt. Maybe you should write another essay for the other shirt.
Be very careful if you give out your contact info. BBDE tends to be kinda flippant with that kinda stuff.:eek: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Why PPHSfan is King of 3A Downlow:

A Meticulously Written Report by Big Blue Defensive End

Who is PPHSfan, you ask? He is a legend, a man of mythical proportions. He is intelligent, intellectual, and a lighthouse of greatness. PPHSfan is the King of 3A Downlow. PPHSfan embodies everything that is masculine. He sits upon his perch of enlightenment and casts down rays of hope to all of those who visit 3A Downlow. When children are asked what they want to be when they grow up, do you think they say Superman, or Batman? If you do, you would be wrong, because they all say PPHSfan. PPHSfan is all-knowing and rules everything with an iron fist, including this website. "Administrators" and "Moderators" are just professional titles for PPHSfans "slaves," who consult him on every issue on this message board and follow his every command. Even Chuck Norris has been known to tremble in his presence. The last, and most important reason, that PPHSfan is King of 3A Downlow is because he said so.

PPHSfan
08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
LMAO

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-10-2006, 10:02 PM
LMAO
Does this mean you approve?

PPHSfan
08-10-2006, 10:03 PM
So far you are in the lead BOTH ways.:)

Ranger Mom
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Honestly...I don't think anyone can beat what BBDE has written...on either side!!

neck_06
08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
BBDE, since you are going to win both shirts, how about you throw one my way. :D :D :D :D

garageoffice
08-10-2006, 10:56 PM
How can you ask the question, "Who is PPHSfan?" Do you not know...have you not heard? Possibly in hearing you have been blind, in seeing you have been deaf. Do you not remember the "Ode to PPHSfan" as originally written by BBDE? Is it to be imagined that you have not danced to "The Ballad of PPHSfan" as performed by the Downlow Family singers?

If still you have not the wherewithal to appreciate the virtues of PPHSfan, I will attempt to provide you with the bare essentials necessary: PPHSfan simply is!

SintonFan
08-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
How can you ask the question, "Who is PPHSfan?" Do you not know...have you not heard? Possibly in hearing you have been blind, in seeing you have been deaf. Do you not remember the "Ode to PPHSfan" as originally written by BBDE? Is it to be imagined that you have not danced to "The Ballad of PPHSfan" as performed by the Downlow Family singers?

If still you have not the wherewithal to appreciate the virtues of PPHSfan, I will attempt to provide you with the bare essentials necessary: PPHSfan simply is!
He's got my vote!:eek:
Poetic yet not too lyrical. An arrangement of words that are pertinent today, but still seem automatically timeless. Good job GA!:clap: :clap: :)