PDA

View Full Version : Had the feeling?

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:34 PM
You know... you're out ridin' on the boat.... tearin' up a lake on a jetski... you finish your fun and hop back in the vehicle for the ride home and you STILL feel like you're on the boat or the jetski?

I finished mowing the yard with a rider not too long ago... drove it into the shed, locked up the shed and got in my car... I got out on the highway and drove about 5-10 for a while until I realized "Hey, I'm in my car"... I never got used to it this trip because it was short... I was mowing pavement the whole way...

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:35 PM
no alcohol involved btw

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2006, 07:36 PM
...is there anyone else this doesn't make sense to???? :confused: :confused: :crazy:

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
...is there anyone else this doesn't make sense to???? :confused: :confused: :crazy:

Dammit BlahBlah you need to drive a vehicle after getting off of a jetski etc...

Maybe I'm the only one though

:(

kepdawg
08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
no alcohol involved btw

I was about to ask!

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I was about to ask!

well it was involved a few times, but I've experienced it tons of times without it...

I'm pretty sure...

GetRDoneStangs
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
At least you weren't driving around in big circles on the pavement!!!:confused: :confused: :D
Were you?

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
At least you weren't driving around in big circles on the pavement!!!:confused: :confused: :D
Were you?

yes...... :(

okay no but dammit someone tell me they've had the feeling before I go and shoot myself...

Old Tiger
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM
You know... you're out ridin' on the boat.... tearin' up a lake on a jetski... you finish your fun and hop back in the vehicle for the ride home and you STILL feel like you're on the boat or the jetski?

I finished mowing the yard with a rider not too long ago... drove it into the shed, locked up the shed and got in my car... I got out on the highway and drove about 5-10 for a while until I realized "Hey, I'm in my car"... I never got used to it this trip because it was short... I was mowing pavement the whole way... Hold old are you now Gobbla?

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Hold old are you now Gobbla?

dammit

(the word of the night btw)

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Dammit BlahBlah you need to drive a vehicle after getting off of a jetski etc...

:( .....maybe so.....when I do, I'll let you know........just don't rightly know what I'll be looking for tho....... :thinking: :nerd:

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
.....maybe so.....when I do, I'll let you know........just don't rightly know what I'll be looking for tho....... :thinking: :nerd:

see, I'm looking for the road... but at the same time I feel I'm hitting wake or something.... weird...

sinton66
08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I might have the answer, Gobbla. Check your pm's.;)

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I might have the answer, Gobbla. Check your pm's.;)

oh hell no that's not the answer

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 07:59 PM
BTW, YaYa, you almost had the Gobbla grace your town with his presence this weekend... but no one I was interested in was playing at the Caberet... so we're goin' to NB

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2006, 08:02 PM
BTW, YaYa, you almost had the Gobbla grace your town with his presence this weekend... but no one I was interested in was playing at the Caberet... so we're goin' to NB You should have been here last weekend....for Kevin Fowler.....I thought Reckless Kelly was playing this weekend....no??

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 08:04 PM
You should have been here last weekend....for Kevin Fowler.....I thought Reckless Kelly was playing this weekend....no??

Fowler... seen him a few times in my day... gotta buncha rednecks following him around... he's a nice guy...

I think Reckless is there the weekend after next... atleast that's what I thought I read?

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Caberet

Oops, Cabaret...

but according to GetRDone as long as the first and last letter are spelled correctly it's all kosher...

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Yah, next weekend is RK and this weekend is Honeybrowne

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah you are right....the following weekend.....Bruce Robison playes in SEpt....he puts on a GREAT show......both my girls went to Fowler, but they like him least of the Texas singers.....but they will be at Reckless Kelly and Bruce's concerts for sure!

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah you are right....the following weekend.....Bruce Robison playes in SEpt....he puts on a GREAT show......both my girls went to Fowler, but they like him least of the Texas singers.....but they will be at Reckless Kelly and Bruce's concerts for sure!

Bruce is a great songwriter... I loved 'Traveling Soldier' long before the Dix Chicks ever picked it up... he's playing down around this area soon...

Wanna see Reckless Kelly again soon though... the closest shows I've seen listed for the next few months are in Gonzales and Houston maybe...

Bandera YaYa
08-09-2006, 08:22 PM
Jackson Taylor opened for Fowler, girls said he was really good.......he autographed my youngest's arm (next morning I freaked...thought she had gotten a tattoo!!!).....in fact they liked him and his band way more than Fowler....ha

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 08:52 PM

I finished mowing the yard with a rider not too long ago... drove it into the shed, locked up the shed and got in my car... I got out on the highway and drove about 5-10 for a while until I realized "Hey, I'm in my car"... I never got used to it this trip because it was short... I was mowing pavement the whole way... Gobbla, I've had that happen after snow skiing, it a really wierd feeling.:D

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Gobbla, I've had that happen after snow skiing, it a really wierd feeling.:D

thank God... we've got us one...

Gobbla2001
08-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Jackson Taylor opened for Fowler, girls said he was really good.......he autographed my youngest's arm (next morning I freaked...thought she had gotten a tattoo!!!).....in fact they liked him and his band way more than Fowler....ha

Sometimes anything can seem better than Fowler...

big daddy russ
08-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Gobbla, Hops, I've got your backs. Either a jet ski, a boat, or a dirt bike. It all feels weird.

Ranger Mom
08-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I have felt that way after jumping on a trampoline for a while.....stand on solid ground and still feel like I am jumping!

I know where you are coming from D!:)

Tiger Baseball
08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
How about a floating bar and grill. I just left one a couple of hours ago and still feel like I'm on the water. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif

shankbear
08-09-2006, 10:12 PM
That feeling does have a name. It is commonly called "stillness illness" Even when you stop rocking, your inner ear is still screwed up for a while. Just talked to a guy who told me about this very malady.

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 08:52 AM

I finished mowing the yard with a rider not too long ago... drove it into the shed, locked up the shed and got in my car... I got out on the highway and drove about 5-10 for a while until I realized "Hey, I'm in my car"... I never got used to it this trip because it was short... I was mowing pavement the whole way...

I rode a ATV 12 hours a day for 6 years. I worked for a seismic
aquisition company HQ'd outta Houston. I had to ride through
every terrain imaginable to trouble shoot equipment. You wanna
talk about feeling like you never got off the thing. I'd be laying
in bed and my arms would still be vibrating.:)

DaHop72
08-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
How about a floating bar and grill. I just left one a couple of hours ago and still feel like I'm on the water. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_5.gif :confused: :confused:

injuredinmelee
08-10-2006, 02:20 PM

:(
I do that all the time after go carts, four wheelers and the mower!Glad i am not the only one.

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Yah, next weekend is RK and this weekend is Honeybrowne

yeah RK (along with their brothers of Micky and the Motorcars) are up in Challis, Idaho for the Braun Family Reunion concert thing they put on. Not really sure what goes on up there...but I have a few friends going up there for it. Evidently it's a pretty fun time!

garageoffice
08-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Sure, I have this problem all the time...especially after drivin' my recliner for a while. :D

But really, it seems to hit me the most after the mower, or a go-kart.

Bandera YaYa
08-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Gobbla, are you talkin about the kinda buzzy, tingly, pulsating, vibrating feeling I get in my hands after mowing my lawn?????? :thinking: :nerd: :p :kiss: :kiss:

Tiger Baseball
08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:confused: :confused:

Hop I'm in Granbury on business. I had supper last night on this floating resturant and it kinda would sway back and forth. And no I was not drinking... :D

Gobbla2001
08-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Gobbla, are you talkin about the kinda buzzy, tingly, pulsating, vibrating feeling I get in my hands after mowing my lawn?????? :thinking: :nerd: :p :kiss: :kiss:

damn lady, I bout got nasty in reply to that comment haha...

I guess so though if you're talkin' bout the non-perverted thing...

Gobbla2001
08-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah RK (along with their brothers of Micky and the Motorcars) are up in Challis, Idaho for the Braun Family Reunion concert thing they put on. Not really sure what goes on up there...but I have a few friends going up there for it. Evidently it's a pretty fun time!

wanna go to challis for that reunion so bad one day... had to settle for my taste of it a couple of weeks ago with RK and MMC in El Campo... was a great show...

speaking of Braun, though, I am going to New BRAUNfels this weekend for Randy Rogers Band and Wade Bowen... guest list VIP...

Sweetwater Red
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM

I guess so though if you're talkin' bout the non-perverted thing...

LMAO...:clap: .

I was thinking the same thing til she mentioned mowing the lawn.:(

Bandera YaYa
08-10-2006, 07:42 PM

I guess so though if you're talkin' bout the non-perverted thing... :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)