PDA

View Full Version : What are the rammifications of 3A fotball if Tatum beats Gilmer...if any???

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 02:49 PM
What do you think?

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What do you think? One team is 1-0 and the other team is 0-1.:devil: :devil:

44INAROW
08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
The message boards would be interesting for a few days and we'd move on to the next week :) :o

lostaussie
08-09-2006, 02:53 PM
somebody is gonna lose. might be us. they will probably still let us play the next week though:D

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry Red, just giving you a hard time. I think the biggest think would be where each team ended up in the rankings because of a win or lose.

Ranger Mom
08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
One team is 1-0 and the other team is 0-1.:devil: :devil:

Technically no...they don't play each other the first game!!:D

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Ok. Let me be more specific. I know it wouldn't be the end of the
world for either team. Tatum is the one with nothing to lose here.
But, if Gilmer wins..."oh well, they were supposed to". Let's say
this....if 2A Tatum beats 3A Gilmer...is it an upset?

Bullaholic
Don't think it would be "earth-shaking", Red because Tatum was the 3A-DII state champ last season, and have a big part of that talent still available this season. I think the only way a lot of teams will have a chance against Gilmer will be to beat their "heads" because I don't think too many teams will be able to match up with them in athletic talent. We will know what Gilmer is "made of" in this game with Tatum, who "matches" with Gilmer very well and can probably "run" with them. If they win it---I say they "run" the table---lose it, and I think the "doubt" monster will plague them all year against the good teams. The pressure is all on the Buckeyes because of all the pre-season "hype" and the Kinne transfer incident.

sww-bull52
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:doh: shoulda seen that one coming!!!

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Technically no...they don't play each other the first game!!:D Okay, I need "the Man" now.

Smart apple.:kiss: :kiss:

3afan
08-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Gilmer drops a little in the rankings - thats about it IMO

Blastoderm55
08-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Gilmer ends up in the Alamo bowl instead of challenging for a BCS berth. Tis tis tis. What a possible shame.

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
the Kinne transfer incident.

shhhh...we don't mention those words around here! ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 03:04 PM

Thanks RM. Aren't some people on this board mean?:(

Haha you got corrected hop...:D

pirate4state
08-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Okay, I need "the Man" now.

Smart apple.:kiss: :kiss: YIM to the rescue!! :D

"It's okay now, I'm here!"

Bullaholic
Originally posted by Adidas410s
shhhh...we don't mention those words around here! ;)

I can do anything I want, Adidas. RM told me I was her "hero" in another thread. :D Nah na Nah na boo boo! :tongue:

pirate4state
Don't think it would be "earth-shaking", Red because Tatum was the 3A-DII state champ last season, and have a big part of that talent still available this season. I think the only way a lot of teams will have a chance against Gilmer will be to beat their "heads" because I don't think too many teams will be able to match up with them in athletic talent. We will know what Gilmer is "made of" in this game with Tatum, who "matches" with Gilmer very well and can probably "run" with them. If they win it---I say they "run" the table---lose it, and I think the "doubt" monster will plague them all year against the good teams. The pressure is all on the Buckeyes because of all the pre-season "hype" and the Kinne transfer incident.

Brilliant!! :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
YIM to the rescue!! :D

"It's okay now, I'm here!" http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/598/hystericalsd1.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/598/hystericalsd1.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/598/hystericalsd1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

lostaussie
08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
we could actually start 0-2. doubt it, but it could happen. we don't know much about our opponent from las vegas. i look forward to the tests. only makes you stronger. 15-0 looks real good, but there is not a rule that says you can't lose a few games on your journey to a title.

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
we could actually start 0-2. doubt it, but it could happen. we don't know much about our opponent from las vegas. i look forward to the tests. only makes you stronger. 15-0 looks real good, but there is not a rule that says you can't lose a few games on your journey to a title.

For the record this thread wasn't intended to be a slight towards
Gilmer. :)

lostaussie
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
For the record this thread wasn't intended to be a slight towards
Gilmer. :) i know that and no offense was taken on my part. i do want to say this though. NOBODY was happier last year that gilmer lost than tatum. we had their number and they knew it. certainly not making excuses because we lost. you can't do that come playoff time. but IMO, had canton not beaten us, we would be trying to get our third championship in a row. but they did, so as they say, water under the bridge. hey, as my sig said at one time "2 out of 3 ain't bad":D

kepdawg
08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
If Tatum beats Gilmer the remainder of the 3A season will be cancelled. :rolleyes:

Tatum_Fan
08-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i know that and no offense was taken on my part. i do want to say this though. NOBODY was happier last year that gilmer lost than tatum. we had their number and they knew it. certainly not making excuses because we lost. you can't do that come playoff time. but IMO, had canton not beaten us, we would be trying to get our third championship in a row. but they did, so as they say, water under the bridge. hey, as my sig said at one time "2 out of 3 ain't bad":D

I hate to disagree with you, but Tatum WANTED Gilmer this year ~ because we felt that finally we had Gilmer's Number. The 2004 game with Gilmer was not our best moment...but in no way does that mean that we were afraid of the mighty Buckeyes! IMO, Canton or Gilmer, Tatum still 3A DII Champs.

Phantom Stang
08-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Nah na Nah na boo boo! :tongue:
:eek:You mean you can you say that on here??:eek:

:D