PDA

View Full Version : What is this guy thinking???

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
(I got this on another message board)

He's responding to somebody else saying they are going to Vegas in December.

'Uppie_' dateWednesday, August 9th, 2006, 10:38 AM'

December score me too. But don't know how much poker/gaming i will be doing sense it is my honeymoon and the wife isn't a huge fan of all that but we still going to vegas baby. I am sure I will find some late night pokering to be done.

pirate44
08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
the anticipation of going to vegas is like being drunk. i dont blame him one bit :D

not to mention, maybe he's everly excited about that honeymoon. once again, i dont blame him ;)

pirate4state
08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
(I got this on another message board)

He's responding to somebody else saying they are going to Vegas in December.

Are you on crack?

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are you on crack?

for being on another message board??? Well since poker isn't a frequent topic here...I go to where it is. Mainly as an observer though. I only have like 7 posts.

pirate4state
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
for being on another message board??? Well since poker isn't a frequent topic here...I go to where it is. Mainly as an observer though. I only have like 7 posts. No, for bringing it over here? :p I'd be happy to talk to you about poker. You probably wouldn't like the way I play though. I'm one of those "instinct" players all you "play the odds" players hate! :D :D

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
the anticipation of going to vegas is like being drunk. i dont blame him one bit :D

not to mention, maybe he's everly excited about that honeymoon. once again, i dont blame him ;)

I was mainly referring to the part where he said he may try and "sneak out" at night to go play poker. Hmm...I don't think I would recommend doing that ON YOUR HONEYMOON!!! :mad: ;)

pirate4state
08-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I was mainly referring to the part where he said he may try and "sneak out" at night to go play poker. Hmm...I don't think I would recommend doing that ON YOUR HONEYMOON!!! :mad: ;) LMAO .... I read that to mean something else!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
No, for bringing it over here? :p I'd be happy to talk to you about poker. You probably wouldn't like the way I play though. I'm one of those "instinct" players all you "play the odds" players hate! :D :D

oh there is much more than just playing the odds. Even when you "play by instinct"...it still creates patterns that are readable. It's the reason there are top online players that are successful in brick and morter poker rooms. They don't have to look at you to pick up any physical tells (which are really overrated btw) but rather they can pick up on your betting patterns and the ways that you play certain types of hands (TPTK, flop a set, flush/straight draws, two pair, big pocket pairs, suited connectors) and use that information to infer what you might be holding in any given hand. A great example of this is my boy, Daniel Negreanu, who was on the WSOP Circuit episodes from Tunica last night. You will see a lot of times where, even though he knows he is beat, he will pay off a bet from his opponent on the river just so that he can gather information on you for later. He'll give you that extra 5k in chips early on because later he plans to relieve you of your entire stack once he can get a dead-on read on what you are doing. And his ability to deduct imperfect information is just absolutely sick...I love it!!! :D

Ranger Mom
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately...."honeymoons" don't mean what they used to!!

It seems in most cases they have already "been there - done that"....might as well go gamble!!

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
LMAO .... I read that to mean something else!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh

Now there are some types of "pok(er)ing" that might be better suited for a honeymoon than spending all night at the Bellagio poker room! ;) ;)

pirate44
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Unfortunately...."honeymoons" don't mean what they used to!!

It seems in most cases they have already "been there - done that"....might as well go gamble!!
did you hear about the old lady talking with her grandaughter about the girls upcoming wedding. the girl asked "grandma, where did you and grandpa go for your honeymoon?" grandma quickly replied "upstairs, dear";)

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
did you hear about the old lady talking with her grandaughter about the girls upcoming wedding. the girl asked "grandma, where did you and grandpa go for your honeymoon?" grandma quickly replied "upstairs, dear";)

ROFL...good one! :thumbsup: