PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City vs. Liberty

lbc05
09-01-2003, 12:46 AM
this should be a good one folks!! liberty travels to Bridge City to play the cardinals. Any picks on the game and or discussion would be great have at it boys

Liberyt 14 Bridge City 0

j_dog
09-01-2003, 01:20 AM
BC is tough to beat at BC. Jasper has been there, tried that.

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 02:26 AM
I do believe Liberty will beat B-C over there. The Cardinals are too young for Liberty's experienced talent, and I know Liberty's offense can score on them, but what I don't know is if B-C
can score on that solid D from L-town.

exbccards76'smom
09-01-2003, 05:48 AM
come on down to Bridge City and let's see what happens. we're young, but got lot's of heart. gonna be a rough road to how this year.

Old Cardinal
09-01-2003, 09:08 AM
I would say Liberty should win big against such a very young team. For years, Liberty has been beaten over-and-over again by BC, and am sure they want to take advantage of this one year when they can. BC will gel sometime this year, but it would be a little premature for this to happen just yet...I do know one thing, these recent 9th graders and JV'ers, have the heart-of-a-champion, and have won before, big-time, and when they get their sea-legs problems solved; they will win again. I could happen by Friday, but hats off to the Coaches and players, if it happens: it would be a miracle to pull it off that soon!

panther_pride_04
09-01-2003, 11:01 AM
I think the game will be good until it starts....haha...28-0 Liberty...wut wut~! game over

Old Cardinal
09-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Wow 28-0 that's a big score---that's 2 points more than BC beat you(Anahuac,Panthers) last season. I will assure you that I will personnally be pulling for every team in 21-3A, or any other team, that play you; after what I have witnessed at a host of sporting events during the course of last year!

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

RBARKER
09-01-2003, 01:19 PM
I new that Liberty was going to have a good team this year. Great win against Silsbee! I think Liberty is pretty hungry this year and should beat the young BC team by 14, but as Old Card was saying if these two played later in the year it might be a different score. I am Glad BH has time to prepare before they meet the Panthers because as of today Liberty would go undefeated in district 22-3a. Goodluck Liberty! represent 22-3A wink

3ABirdMan
09-01-2003, 03:43 PM
I really expect BC to go into District play 0-3, with NO disrespect intended against our coaches or players. :mad:

I see a very young group of talented players learning to step up into starting Varsity positions, learning to have the confidence to make the play. I saw a lot of heart against LC-M last Friday, but not a lot of confidence. As soon as they learn "I DESERVE to be here - I can PLAY here", they'll be hard to beat. :)

I heard a lot of talk at the beginning of last year about some stud linebacker at Liberty - who will remain nameless. When BC traveled there early, I saw a big, athletic-looking kid (about 6'2" & 210)who looked to have speed and talent, but he always appeared to arrive at the end of the play after somebody else had made the tackle. I wasn't real impressed. In week 1 of the playoffs, I went to watch Liberty play Orangefield (BC was off), and saw this same kid RULE the field. He made all of the plays with big hits, and he got there first. (just so you Panthers know, I'm BRAGGING on the kid, not dissin' :D ) The transformation of that player during the course of the season is what our Cardinals need to experience - They need to learn they CAN make the play, and then DO IT!

:( Enough said, and I'm sorry to say:
Liberty 28
Bridge City 13

Old Cardinal
09-01-2003, 06:12 PM
3ABirdman: You ought to be a writer-that pretty well lays out the picture!

bearkatdad
09-01-2003, 08:20 PM
I'm going to go with BC in a 'mild upset'since they will be at home...but it'll be close...I predict BC 14 Liberty 13.

lbc05
09-01-2003, 09:22 PM
yeah the liberty linebacker (steven havard) is even better this year.. look for a defensively dominated game. BC is a tough team that runs alot of bootleg and buck sweep type stuff with a little wham and option mixed in together. LCM was just a little to large for BC upfront but BC did play hard.. i dont expect a blowout but definetly a liberty win

Old Cardinal
09-01-2003, 09:45 PM
All I can tell you is; if you win- savor it, because next year those 9 Sophomores and others(Juniors) will clean your plow, just like in years past...In fact, with this years strong 8th and 9th grade dominate teams, I would not look for Liberty to win again any time in the foreseeable future....

bccards
09-01-2003, 10:14 PM
Old Cardinal:
All I can tell you is; if you win- savor it, because next year those 9 Sophomores and others(Juniors) will clean your plow, just like in years past...In fact, with this years strong 8th and 9th grade dominate teams, I would not look for Liberty to win again any time in the foreseeable future....Old Card, what makes you think that Bridge City will play Liberty next year after realignment? Liberty may have other plans in not playing BC, or vice versa for BC.

xhardinhornet
09-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Good point....From what I have seen in the past Liberty loves a challenge in that, every year they play teams with playoff contention as non-district games. Maybe there will be a re-match next year!

All I know is that from what I have heard threw the grape-vine, Hardin will most likely be 2a next year, as well as Anahuac.....

Old Cardinal
09-02-2003, 11:17 AM
To BCCard, Liberty has played Bridge City in preseason for sometime now, I can't see any validity in making a change after realignment, on a preseason schedule? Unless they are both thrown into the same 3A District.

bccards
09-02-2003, 12:44 PM
Old Cardinal:
To BCCard, Liberty has played Bridge City in preseason for sometime now, I can't see any validity in making a change after realignment, on a preseason schedule? Unless they are both thrown into the same 3A District.Not True, Bridge City started playing Liberty in 2000 when dropping down to 3A. Prior to that, BC has not played Liberty since 1993, which BC Lost 7-14. You never know what will happen at realignment. We've only scheduled them 2 times (since realignment is every two years). I have a hunch feeling we may not be playing them next year.

crunkandfocused
09-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Old Cardinal:
All I can tell you is; if you win- savor it, because next year those 9 Sophomores and others(Juniors) will clean your plow, just like in years past...In fact, with this years strong 8th and 9th grade dominate teams, I would not look for Liberty to win again any time in the foreseeable future....That's a bold statement Old Cardinal, guess we'll have to wait and see.

X21AAAPlayer
09-02-2003, 01:47 PM
My opinion is that bridge city needs to play teams like PNG and WOS in the preseason along with newton. Even if you dont win you gain experience with playing the larger schools. It should help greatly when they proceed to district and the playoffs. And playing newton is always going to be a challenge. They seem to be able to pump out great athletes every year.

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: X21AAAPlayer ]</small>

Wildcat81
09-02-2003, 04:12 PM
BC and Liberty close game any thing can happen on any given day. It depends on who wants to win the most.

lbc05
09-02-2003, 10:32 PM
old card.. not to be rude you are probably alot older and wiser than me ..but we are tlaking about this year not next year and not 10 years from now .. lets try to stay on the topic at hand...thank you

trojandad
09-03-2003, 01:20 AM
I am gonna pull for our district brothers, obviously. They sure look tough. That's the one constant with Liberty, tho. Even in year's that they haven't had the best record, they are always a "tough in the trenches" team.

If you remember before the Silsbee game, one poll had Silsbee to win by 17 and another one had them to lose by 17. I don't think anyone had a good hold on that game. But it's obvious that Liberty had the best team. So I'm gonna pick them by a touchdown in a hard fought game. I think BC is gonna go into a game against Liberty underdogs for the first time in a while and that's gonna be good for locker room material for BC, so it should be close. Good luck Cards, but win one for 22 3A, Panthers !!!

Compudyne
09-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Liberty - 17
Bridge City - 7

And the score may not be that high. Neither one of these teams look to be very good on offense. I am giving Liberty the edge because they have a pretty good defense.

BlueBlood
09-03-2003, 09:10 AM
I have not seen either team play this year. However, I did see both last year. BC really must have lost alot of kids to lose to LCM. Liberty did suprise me by beating Silsbee with a shutout. I think it will be a close game with Liberty winning in the fourth quarter. I will be pulling for BC, however. Liberty can be physical--BC should be ready for this type of game. Later.

Massey78
09-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Yea Liberty did beat us last year 17-10 i remember it very well i was on the field...they were good espically that linebacker yall are talking about noone could block him..he had speed...Bc was really good last year but they lost everyone..they dont have knight , peeples, verrett,melich,or mcguire..they are gonna have it really tough this year...Orangefeild is gonna beat them for sure this year no doubt bout it..i mean one of ther best players moved to orangefield by the name of thomas hamrick.. good luck bc Liberty 28 Bc-7