PDA

View Full Version : Nice Job Dallas Madison-uh oh!

kaorder1999
08-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Rules state, and I have yet to look this up and I will eventually, that you cannot have any contact the first 4 days of two a days. On the 5th day you can put pads on and have contact drills. Non-contact drills for that first four days INCLUDE the use of blocking dummies and blocking hand shields. You can place blocking dummies on the ground, like agiles and such, but the use of hand hand shields are prohibited until that 5th day. Here is the picture on the front page of the Dallas Morning News Sports today. Good job Madison!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/08-06/0808highschools.jpg

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 10:19 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

piratebg
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Is this something that is being reported to the UIL or just for our own personal enjoyment? Just curious.

Emerson1
08-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Technically in that picture they arn't using them. The RB is already by and isn't making contact with it, and that played in the background is obviously just handing it to the coach........ Maybe not

What is the punishment for things like this?

kaorder1999
08-08-2006, 10:36 PM
dont know the details....all ive heard...and I heard the same at coaching school...is that if any contact styke equipment is out during the first 4 days then they have to be laying on the ground during drills. I dont know that this is being reported and if it is then the only thing that would happen would be a warning.....im guessing.. This is just an observation of mine

Haunta Yo
08-08-2006, 10:50 PM
It happens somewhere every year...
Newspaper pics and TV cameras are usually for good finding a some blocking sled with pads on 'em or dummys being used somehow in a drill.

kepdawg
08-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Section 1250 (b) (5)

(C) The first four days of practice shall be conducted without any contact equipment except helmets. Other
contact equipment may be fitted and placed in lockers the first day workouts are permitted. During the
first four days, however, only shoes, socks, T-shirts, shorts and helmets may be worn. During the fourday
acclimatization period, no contact activities shall be permitted. All student athletes who arrive after
the first day of practice are required to undergo a four-day acclimatization period.

(D) Football equipment is interpreted to mean football shoulder pads, hip pads, thigh pads, shoes, helmets,
football pants, or any other equipment used primarily in football. Football practice or training is
interpreted to mean any organized instruction in football plays, formations or team skills.

Old Tiger
08-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Isn't 2-a-days only a week long this year? It doesn't relate to topic just a question.

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Isn't 2-a-days only a week long this year? It doesn't relate to topic just a question.
It depends when classes start.

tigerpride_08
08-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

ours use to be for 2 weeks...

Old Tiger
08-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
ours use to be for 2 weeks... ditto