PDA

View Full Version : Well, I figured it out (NOT football)

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Other than the "chat" regulars, I've scratched my brain for a year or so trying to figure out where the "clique" thing came from. If you put 50 people that know each other in the same room, there are bound to be some "inside jokes" with a few folks, because of different situations.

Anyway, it dawned on me a few times today. New folks (or not "regulars") come one here and see http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif between some of the oldie/regulars and think "that looks like fun....I wanna play".

Nellie, HOLD THE PHONE! How "dare" this new person step into our little world and try to play? Sheesh! I was new once. So was everyone else. http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif

:p

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 05:02 PM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif take that! :evillaugh

My report cards always had that little note "doesn't play well with others" :devil:

I shall strive to do better!! :cool:

piratebg
08-08-2006, 05:03 PM
It's not that you don't play well, it's that you play rough. :D

kepdawg
08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
I've been here for a while and I'm on the outside of most stuff. It does seem to me that at times there are vague posts referencing inside things that serve no purpose to anyone other than the few people that are on the inside. I decided a long time ago to just be content being on the outside.

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I decided a long time ago to just be content being on the outside.
:p We can change that, but you might get rocks thrown at you. ;)

AggieJohn
08-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I decided a long time ago to just be content being on the outside.

I don't think it's that, i think that it's that you don't have the time to dedicate to this site like RM and LHPM and 66 do.....all of them have time that they set aside to help this site, and along with that are pretty much why they became mods.....i notice that i don't get half of what they are talking about on texags.com and tha's primarily because i don't understand or haven't been on it all day...it's all about your time and devotion to the site...if you spend more time your going to undersand more

kepdawg
08-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
I don't think it's that, i think that it's that you don't have the time to dedicate to this site like RM and LHPM and 66 do.....all of them have time that they set aside to help this site, and along with that are pretty much why they became mods.....i notice that i don't get half of what they are talking about on texags.com and tha's primarily because i don't understand or haven't been on it all day...it's all about your time and devotion to the site...if you spend more time your going to undersand more

Oh, okay. So, if I am devoted to the site then I can get inside?

AggieJohn
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Oh, okay. So, if I am devoted to the site then I can get inside? no if you spend more time on the site you come to get to understand alot of what is said.....
alot of the things that people complain they are left out of are things that happened before they were signed up....in that case ask one of us...we'll help you out

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 05:50 PM
So people are complaining because they are left out of "inside jokes"!!

Well, if that's how it is - P4S and DaHop....what's the scoop on the YIM man???

I wanna know...I DEMAND to know...I WILL KNOW!!!!

I'm sorry, I think the inside joke notion and people feeling left out is ridiculous!

Anyone that regularly goes in the chat is gonna have an inside story......we are a close bunch in there. Anyone and everyone is invited to come in, but you HAVE to jump into the fray yourself!!

We talk A LOT, we ask questions of each other that if we asked on the board we would get the post, "take it up in a PM"! We know what each other's kids names are, what position they play in football (if they play)....we know whose dog is in heat:D :D, etc.

I refuse to feel bad for the people who strictly post on the board and then throw out the "Im being left out because I am a newbie card"....I was newbie once, I never shut up, and before long, I was an old-timer!!:) :)

kepdawg
08-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
no if you spend more time on the site you come to get to understand alot of what is said.....
alot of the things that people complain they are left out of are things that happened before they were signed up....in that case ask one of us...we'll help you out

Someone can spend all day every day on the site and still be on the outside. That is not to fault those on the inside. The outsiders must be proactive and jump in. The way I see it nothing I miss on this site is going to effect me in anyway, so I don't worry about it. As for anyone, who cares, they need to jump in feet first!

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We talk A LOT, we ask questions of each other that if we asked on the board we would get the post, "take it up in a PM"! We know what each other's kids names are, what position they play in football (if they play)....we know whose dog is in heat:D :D, etc.
Then, there's always "Ranger Mom Story Hour". :eek: :eek: :D

Someone can spend all day every day on the site and still be on the outside. That is not to fault those on the inside. The outsiders must be proactive and jump in. The way I see it nothing I miss on this site is going to effect me in anyway, so I don't worry about it. As for anyone, who cares, they need to jump in feet first!
:kiss: :kiss: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
The way I see it nothing I miss on this site is going to effect me in anyway, so I don't worry about it. As for anyone, who cares, they need to jump in feet first!

Yeah!! What he said!!

kepdawg...we would love you have you join us in the chat though!! We have a blast!!

DaHop72
08-20-2006, 11:43 PM

Well, if that's how it is - P4S and DaHop....what's the scoop on the YIM man???

I wanna know...I DEMAND to know...I WILL KNOW!!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

garageoffice
08-20-2006, 11:57 PM
As a relative newby myself...(yeah, I've been a member for a while, but haven't been that active)...I have to agree with the posts saying it's about getting involved. There are always gonna be some inside jokes: some of you know each other outside of here, after all, and others have been online for several years together. However, I've just recently started putting some time into the chat room and I've been warmly welcomed. Of course, I'm the type to jump in when and where I can and not get offended if I don't understand some of the more esoteric comments some of you make. :D

Thanks, everybody for making me welcome! I look forward to many more days here and getting to know more of you!

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
As a relative newby myself...(yeah, I've been a member for a while, but haven't been that active)...I have to agree with the posts saying it's about getting involved. There are always gonna be some inside jokes: some of you know each other outside of here, after all, and others have been online for several years together. However, I've just recently started putting some time into the chat room and I've been warmly welcomed. Of course, I'm the type to jump in when and where I can and not get offended if I don't understand some of the more esoteric comments some of you make. :D

Thanks, everybody for making me welcome! I look forward to many more days here and getting to know more of you!

Back at ya!! We have enjoyed having you here AND the chat.

One more thing......what does "esoteric" mean??:D :D

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Why are sticking your tongue out at me?? Do I know or do I know???

HMMMMMM?????

;) :p :p

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:08 AM

Thanks, everybody for making me welcome! I look forward to many more days here and getting to know more of you! Glad to have ya!! :) Theme nights are the best. :thumbsup:

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:09 AM

HMMMMMM?????

;) :p :p

You know b/c "the man" allows it!! :D :D

"It's okay now, I'm here"

wait....didn't we say goodnight?? :evillaugh :doh:

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
wait....didn't we say goodnight?? :evillaugh :doh:

ROFL...I was fixin to ask you the exact same question!!:D

garageoffice
08-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Back at ya!! We have enjoyed having you here AND the chat.

One more thing......what does "esoteric" mean??:D :D

Aawww, now RM...are you for real or are you just givin' me a chance to show out? :D

es·o·ter·ic - adj.
1. Intended for or understood by only a particular group
2. Of or relating to that which is known by a restricted number of people

Kinda sounds like this place at times, huh? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Aawww, now RM...are you for real or are you just givin' me a chance to show out? :D

es·o·ter·ic - adj.
1. Intended for or understood by only a particular group
2. Of or relating to that which is known by a restricted number of people

Kinda sounds like this place at times, huh? :thinking:

I was "for real".....I guess I could have just looked it up myself, but I thought maybe you would like to enlighten me!!

THANKS!!

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:19 AM
ROFL...I was fixin to ask you the exact same question!!:D damn....just can't stay away...:nerd:

garageoffice
08-21-2006, 12:21 AM
I was "for real".....I guess I could have just looked it up myself, but I thought maybe you would like to enlighten me!!

THANKS!!

LOL - anytime, RM. I try...I really do! :D :D

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:22 AM
GO - LOVE THE SIG!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

garageoffice
08-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
GO - LOVE THE SIG!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks P4S! I was beginning to feel left out. (LOL) So many of you had such cool sigs, I figured I needed to try something myself.

District303aPastPlayer
08-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks P4S! I was beginning to feel left out. (LOL) So many of you had such cool sigs, I figured I needed to try something myself.

yours is great, one of the nicer ones thats very simple i thjink

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Im glad you finally figured SOMETHING out LHPM.....:D

DU_stud04
08-21-2006, 02:16 AM
the chat room is a fun place, kinda sad when you and 3-4 others start chatting around 11ish...then 8 hours later everyone is still there

its cool, you get to find out alot of the person behind the alias and make quite a few friends in there.

we have our fun;) :D :p

DaHop72
08-21-2006, 07:47 AM

HMMMMMM?????

;) :p :p Oh, wait a minute I'm one of the plays well with others. The :devil: must have made me do it. But, "It's okay now, I,m here".:D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

DaHop72
08-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Oh, wait a minute I'm one of the plays well with others. The :devil: must have made me do it. But, "It's okay now, I,m here".:D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

And, yes you know.:D

GWOOD
08-21-2006, 09:11 AM
I've been here for a while and I'm on the outside of most stuff.

I remember feeling that way...

on the outside looking in...:(

badly wanting to be invited into the inner circle...:crying:

but then a voice of reason spoke inside my head and said...

What are you thinking? These people are nuts! Stay away. STAY VERY FAR AWAY.

I've been a content poster since.;)

DaHop72
08-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD

Hey, some of us resemble that remark.:D

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I remember feeling that way...

on the outside looking in...:(

badly wanting to be invited into the inner circle...:crying:

but then a voice of reason spoke inside my head and said...

I've been a content poster since.;)

Is that why you avoid me at all the games???

:D :D

GWOOD
08-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Is that why you avoid me at all the games???

:D :D

I just can't get to you at the games because there is always a crowd of people around you.

Just another one of those "outside looking in" issues I have had to deal with !!!;)

Ranger Mom
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I just can't get to you at the games because there is always a crowd of people around you.

Just another one of those "outside looking in" issues I have had to deal with !!!;)

I guess you can go talk to Jimmy...I think he feels the same way!!:p

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
bump

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Other than the "chat" regulars, I've scratched my brain for a year or so trying to figure out where the "clique" thing came from. If you put 50 people that know each other in the same room, there are bound to be some "inside jokes" with a few folks, because of different situations.

Anyway, it dawned on me a few times today. New folks (or not "regulars") come one here and see http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif between some of the oldie/regulars and think "that looks like fun....I wanna play".

Nellie, HOLD THE PHONE! How "dare" this new person step into our little world and try to play? Sheesh! I was new once. So was everyone else. http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif

:p
So are you telling me the invasion has started? I don't see it.:hand: :D

SintonFan
08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
I was newbie once, I never shut up, and before long, I was an old-timer!!:) :)
Way.....
too.............
................easy!:p

sinton66
08-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Wow!!! astute observation! I'll have you know, we resemble that remark.;)