PDA

View Full Version : Who's Got More Speed?.......

Bullaholic
08-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Gobbla's thread about the article on Cuero's speed made we want to toss out this question......Who's got the most team speed this season---Cuero, Sweetwater, or Gilmer? Anybody faster overall than any of these 3? Let the discussion begin.....

sww-bull52
08-08-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm suprised no one's jumped all over this one. So I'll get it rolling.

In my opinion, Sweetwater and Cuero both have alot of speed. Our advantage is that, for example, last year we had one game that TWELVE different backs carried the ball. Which means if you shut down one or two of our backs, we've got plenty more we can throw at you. And YES, they can all run.

eagles_victory
08-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Tatum was faster then anyone last year.

kepdawg
08-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
I'm suprised no one's jumped all over this one. So I'll get it rolling.

In my opinion, Sweetwater and Cuero both have alot of speed. Our advantage is that, for example, last year we had one game that TWELVE different backs carried the ball. Which means if you shut down one or two of our backs, we've got plenty more we can throw at you. And YES, they can all run.

Can they run fast?

sww-bull52
08-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Most of them.

'specially when somebody's chasing them :)

tigerpride_08
08-08-2006, 01:02 PM
we're always known to have pretty good speed...

big daddy russ
08-08-2006, 01:04 PM
I think Dallas Madison will be the fastest, with Cuero a close second and Sweetwater third. Gilmer will be the most talented, though.

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Good question, Bull. Now, are you talking "football" speed or "get out there and run a foot race" speed? And if both teams aren't being timed under the same circumstances, is there an unbiased way to measure?

Or are you just trying to distract folks from answering the "real" question I asked earlier? :p

Big Papa
08-08-2006, 01:07 PM
my pick is Ryan Adkins and Highland,..;...dangit there sixman and he graduated..

Bullaholic
08-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good question, Bull. Now, are you talking "football" speed or "get out there and run a foot race" speed? And if both teams aren't being timed under the same circumstances, is there an unbiased way to measure?

Or are you just trying to distract folks from answering the "real" question I asked earlier? :p

My understanding of team "speed" would involve such factors as quickness and reaction times, as well as the flat-out "track" speed in pads of the skill players. Some kids are "jackrabbits" up to 40 yards or so, and others are "greyhounds" who will be ahead at 100m. There is no one set of measurements to determine who are the "fastest" teams, but all good coaches know potential opponents capabilities in all of these areas. So you can bet that when coaches are concerned about a team's speed---he's concerned with just more than one player.

And yes, LHPM---I am trying to provide some meaningful "football" subjects that all folks can get into---hopefully to distract them from each other. :D

lostaussie
08-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think Dallas Madison will be the fastest, with Cuero a close second and Sweetwater third. Gilmer will be the most talented, though. agree. top to bottom the fastest team is madison. not the most talented, but the fastest.

LH Panther Mom
08-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And yes, LHPM---I am trying to provide some meaningful "football" subjects that all folks can get into---hopefully to distract them from each other. :D
Well, then there's no question. The correct answer is Liberty Hill. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh That should get them going. ;)

Bullaholic
08-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, then there's no question. The correct answer is Liberty Hill. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh That should get them going. ;)

LHPM.....I think if Daryl Royal could pick a high school football team to coach, it would be Liberty Hill---talk about a "marriage made in heaven".

lostaussie
08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Well, then there's no question. The correct answer is Liberty Hill. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh That should get them going. ;) crap, i plum forgot about ya'll:D

STANG RED
08-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I think Dallas Madison will be the fastest, with Cuero a close second and Sweetwater third. Gilmer will be the most talented, though.

I agree, + throw in the great winning traditions at those schools, and you have some pretty tough to beat teams, year in and year out. Team speed is great, but you have to have the right system in place to take full advantage of it, and some pretty good coaching to boot, to be a consistant winner.
Sweetwater has had far more team speed than Wylie the last two years, but the Wylie coaches knew when and where to place the right players, to negate that speed on most plays, so they have won the last two. They made sure to stop that speed before it could get behind them. Great coaching job on Wylie's part, and great effort buy their kids! Maybe we can get a little payback this year. I hope!

Phantom Stang
08-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Tatum was faster then anyone last year.
Yes Tatum was fast, but it didn't appear to me that they were any faster than Sweetwater, if as fast.
It was Eagles' obvious SIZE advantage that beat the Mustangs IMHO.

wedo
08-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Are we talking about 3a or everyone????

mustang04
08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Yes Tatum was fast, but it didn't appear to me that they were any faster than Sweetwater, if as fast.
It was Eagles' obvious SIZE advantage that beat the Mustangs IMHO.

i agree 100%

sweetwater07
08-08-2006, 06:43 PM
madison always has speed...but cuero and sweetwater are known for it...our backs are quick but i think cuero has us beat...some fast kids down there..it must be in the water...