PDA

View Full Version : T.O......Starting Already, or No?

Bullaholic
08-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I hate to give T.O. any more notice than any other good NFL player, but because of his "high profile", it seems that the "winds" of controversy are beginning to blow in the Cowboys training camp. It seems that T.O. is claiming that he has an injured hamstring and has missed 7 of 15 practices to date. Now he claims that he will not practice the rest of this week, nor be available for Saturday's pre-season game. He claims he will consider showing up for practice on Monday, and has called in 2 "personal" trainers to help him recuperate. So, what do you think? Is T.O. just being T.O. and has a legitimate reason to miss practice, or is he "malingering" just to keep from practicing? How many players in the NFL can tell their team the status of their injury, decide how it will be treated, and when and where they will practice?

BJG40
08-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes sir, I'm already somewhat agitated with him. I was not happy at all when he came but since he's wearing the star I had to SHOW SOME COMPASSION.haha. However, if he does have some hamstring problems ( which the mri said it wasnt in that bad of condition) than he should at least show up to practice. When you have guys like Justin Beriault, one of the backup safeties who wears #40, who continues to practice and give it his all after having that knee surgery (i forget what its called) that no NFL player has come back from, it shows somewhat of a lack of character and "want-to" on T.O's part in my opinion.

neck_06
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
No.

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Honestly, I think any little thing he does or says will be blown way out of proportion. Frankly, I don't care what he says off the field. All I care about is how he performs on the field!

Emerson1
08-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Did anyone see the TO interview before the HOF game?

neck_06
08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did anyone see the TO interview before the HOF game?

no, what did he say?

spiveyrat
08-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I hate to give T.O. any more notice than any other good NFL player, but because of his "high profile", it seems that the "winds" of controversy are beginning to blow in the Cowboys training camp. It seems that T.O. is claiming that he has an injured hamstring and has missed 7 of 15 practices to date. Now he claims that he will not practice the rest of this week, nor be available for Saturday's pre-season game. He claims he will consider showing up for practice on Monday, and has called in 2 "personal" trainers to help him recuperate. So, what do you think? Is T.O. just being T.O. and has a legitimate reason to miss practice, or is he "malingering" just to keep from practicing? How many players in the NFL can tell their team the status of their injury, decide how it will be treated, and when and where they will practice?

I hope this is not true. Da 'Boys don't need any internal distractions. And him being a ME player instead of a team player is going to affect the cohesion of the rest of the team. :rolleyes:

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 09:33 PM
I've been giving him the benefit of a doubt but I starting to wonder now.

Mustangpride09
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
It's preseason, it doesn't matter at all, he would only get maybe 3 balls thrown to him if he played anyway. As long as he is ready for the opener against Jacksonville, I have no problem with it.

lostaussie
08-15-2006, 09:40 PM
i hope the tuna puts his arse on the bench:D. that would be great news for the opener.

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I know its just preseason but its getting to the point that it is a distraction.

Txbroadcaster
08-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Steve Smith just came back to practice after missing TWO Weeks or 15 practice sessions because of a sore hamstring.

TO is alot of things, but one of them has never been a lazy player, or one who does not practice hard. He is one of the hardest working players in the game.

A hamstring problem can last all year if you do not rest it properly and allow it to heal. I personally think they are doing the right thing and resting it.

I also think Parcells is just using this as a chance to be his normal surly self. I dont think he is as bothered by it as he acts.

lostaussie
08-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
I know its just preseason but its getting to the point that it is a distraction. i agree. lots of folks saying, i told ya so, right now. i just wish he would fade off into the sunset.

WTF-82
08-15-2006, 09:48 PM
I think the media is make a big deal of nothing he will start practicing when he is ready NFL is long year. He will be ready he is one of the most in shape players in the league this trains hard media just trying to make something for all of us to read,

Old Tiger
08-15-2006, 09:50 PM
It's not a big deal really just. It is just that the media wants him to be surrounded by controversey.

lostaussie
08-15-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
It's not a big deal really just. It is just that the media wants him to be surrounded by controversey. then i retract my statement. i don't hate T.O. i hate the media:D

Old Tiger
08-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
then i retract my statement. i don't hate T.O. i hate the media:D Yea the media is stupid ask Bill Cowher, lol

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 09:53 PM
I've changed my "stance" on T.O. some---I've decided that he is not going to play me for a"fool" like some other "high profile" entertainment and sports figures have done to us all thru the years. I think T.O. is patterning himself after Muhammed Ali. T.O, like Ali, knows that as long as we are infuriated with his behavior and his antics, as well as what comes out of his mouth---we will never be able to forget his name and will tune in faithfully to "hang" on every word about him, just to see what "outrageous" thing he has done today. So, I say let him hold out from practice or do what ever else he thinks he has to do to get ready to play the NFL season---I just don't care. Many other "high profile" NFL stars pull similar stunts each season to perhaps keep from having to "endure" training camp. But come opening day of the season he had better not drop a single pass , cut a pass route short, or run less than full speed on any play, and his $10,000,000 bonus butt had better catch a bunch of TD's, or there will be an angry lynch-mob formed by the Cowboy faithfull----and I might be one of em'.

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Well everyone knows that anything he does or says will be magnified 10x.

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Well everyone knows that anything he does or says will be magnified 10x.

Trust me---no one knows this better than T.O.---he "lives" for these moments.

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Trust me---no one knows this better than T.O.---he "lives" for these moments.
I agree but you have two very strong egos with Bill Parcells and Terell Owens. I'm starting to think that things will reach CODE RED by the end of the week if T.O. still isnt practicing.

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I think Parcells lets T.O. get away with it during the pre-season, but if this continues and he "holds out" of a regular season game or causes any team distractions then--- look out.

Txbroadcaster
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Ok so for all those saying TO is starting problems..what exactly is he doing wrong?

Again Steve Smith missed TWO WEEKS with same thing, a sore hamstring.

Would u rather TO practice, and it never fully heal, so it becomes a problem all year? Hamstring injuries can ruin a season if they are not taken care of.

I just dont see what the big deal is other than the fact the media is fishing for something

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Ok so for all those saying TO is starting problems..what exactly is he doing wrong?

Would u rather TO practice, and it never fully heal, so it becomes a problem all year? Hamstring injuries can ruin a season if they are not taken care of.

I just dont see what the big deal is other than the fact the media is fishing for something

Like I said earlier, Tx---I don't care about T.O's silly little "mind games" anymore--I borrow a page from Al Davis' book---"Just Win, Baby"

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM

I'm not so sure he is doing anything wrong it may just be bad timing. However the only thing that Steve Smith and T.O. have in common is that they are both great receivers. Steve Smith can get away with anything right now because he has never been a problem in the past. But T.O. is under the microscope :devil:

Txbroadcaster
08-15-2006, 10:14 PM
and again I ask, what proof do we have he is playing mind games. He has said all the right things, something he does not normally do when he is in one of his attitude moments.

How about we take it for face value, he has a sore hamstring, nothing more nothing less

pantherpop
08-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I hope your right

Bullaholic
08-15-2006, 10:17 PM
and again I ask, what proof do we have he is playing mind games. He has said all the right things, something he does not normally do when he is in one of his attitude moments.

How about we take it for face value, he has a sore hamstring, nothing more nothing less

Well, I certainly won't try to change your opinion, Tx, you could be as right as anybody. But just ask anybody you want to pick, other than me, if they think T.O. is guilty of "manipulating" situations.

Big Papa
08-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Of course he is guilty of manipulating situations.....i just don;t think this is one of those situations. he will have a good season this year, it is year 2 i am worried about

Txbroadcaster
08-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, I certainly won't try to change your opinion, Tx, you could be as right as anybody. But just ask anybody you want to pick, other than me, if they think T.O. is guilty of "manipulating" situations.

your right, but when has TO ever been accused of being lazy, trying to miss practice and so forth? He is considered by amost everyone, even his detractors as being one of the hardest working players in the NFL.

And again usually when he is manipulating mode, then he is shooting off his mouth. He is not doing that right now.

He said today he understood if Parcells was frustrated, and felt bad for him..not sounding like his normal cocky manipulating self.

Snydertigersrul
08-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Like I said earlier, Tx---I don't care about T.O's silly little "mind games" anymore--I borrow a page from Al Davis' book---"Just Win, Baby"

How many games, including Super Bowls, have the Eagles played in since TO left. NO Super Bowls and very few wins.