PDA

View Full Version : Two things that will help posters from being misunderstood...

Sweetwater Red
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
1. Quote the post you are replying to directly instead of just
replying randomly in the middle of the thread.

2. Use emoticons (smilies). Here's two examples.

A. I sure don't like Sweetwater Red.
B. I sure don't like Sweetwater Red.:D :devil: :D

Which of these appears to be less harsh. :thinking:

tigerpride_08
08-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

wow everything seems so easier now... :D

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM

Who died and made you boss???:p :p :D ;)

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Like that?? Is that what you mean???

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:04 AM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

I did that yesterday!!;)

Sweetwater Red
08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Like that?? Is that what you mean???

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You know where this is comming from....:D .

KTJ
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM
This is the only message board that I'm apart of where people seem to reply more to a specific person rather than reply to the topic itself.

This is also the only message board I'm apart of that seems to have every thread wind up talking about something totally different that the initial topic.

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
This is the only message board that I'm apart of where people seem to reply more to a specific person rather than reply to the topic itself.

This is also the only message board I'm apart of that seems to have every thread wind up talking about something totally different that the initial topic.

It's great isn't it? :D

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

The downlow can get OT faster than any other board I've been on. Go over to Cingluar's boards...all you have to do to get a thread locked is make one OT comment. Heck...I'll do it intentionally sometimes so I can win an arguement. I'll state my case...then make an OT comment right after it and sure enough it's locked within 5 minutes.

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

This is probably the only message board where lots of the posters are genuine "friends" who have other common interests besides Sports.

I have had 2 downlowers come stay at my house. I met Pirate4State at Stanton Trade Days...I met LHPM at a bullride.

I have never visited another message board remotely like this one!!

DaHop72
08-08-2006, 09:40 AM
This is probably the only message board where lots of the posters are genuine "friends" who have other common interests besides Sports.

I have had 2 downlowers come stay at my house. I met Pirate4State at Stanton Trade Days...I met LHPM at a bullride.

I have never visited another message board remotely like this one!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:41 AM
I have never visited another message board remotely like this one!!

true....true...

most other sites are about "how fast can I flame somebody and establish superiority." We still flame away here...but we do it with style! ;)

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 09:43 AM
true....true...

most other sites are about "how fast can I flame somebody and establish superiority." We still flame away here...but we do it with style! ;) For some this site is about how fast someone can get to the top of THE LIST! ;) :evillaugh and another's fight to stay in the top 10! :nerd: Stay tuned!

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
For some this site is about how fast someone can get to the top of THE LIST! ;) :evillaugh and another's fight to stay in the top 10! :nerd: Stay tuned!

Somebody's getting closer! I worked hard yesterday (something over 100 posts I think) and made less than a 50 post dent. That means you might be the hardest working woman on the downlow! ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-08-2006, 09:46 AM
For some this site is about how fast someone can get to the top of THE LIST! ;) :evillaugh and another's fight to stay in the top 10! :nerd: Stay tuned!

Then there are the one's just happy to reach 1500 and get an

Ranger Mom
08-08-2006, 09:46 AM

I have no agenda....I just like to talk!:)

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Then there are the one's just happy to reach 1500 and get an

and provide not 1 but 3 targets!

spiveyrat
08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

And now, because of your comment, this thread is now talking about something totally different than the initial topic. :nerd: :D

Sweetwater Red
08-08-2006, 09:49 AM
and provide not 1 but 3 targets!

Hey! where's your smilie? :mad:

pirate4state
I have no agenda....I just like to talk!:) We know, we know! GOSH! :cool:

Adidas410s
I have no agenda....I just like to talk!:)

true...true...

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Somebody's getting closer! I worked hard yesterday (something over 100 posts I think) and made less than a 50 post dent. That means you might be the hardest working woman on the downlow! ;) Somebody needs to get to work! I don't have a boss this week!! :) SHould make for an interesting week!!! :thumbsup:

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
And now, because of your comment, this thread is now talking about something totally different than the initial topic. :nerd: :D :clap: :clap: :clap: You gotta love it!!!

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Somebody needs to get to work! I don't have a boss this week!! :) SHould make for an interesting week!!! :thumbsup:
You had extra time today because I didn't get to work until about 830 because of traffic.

KTJ
08-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
And now, because of your comment, this thread is now talking about something totally different than the initial topic. :nerd: :D

It was bound to happen. My comment had nothing to do with it.

:)

Sweetwater Red
P4S 7846
Adidas 7504

Just a matter of time?:thinking:

pirate4state
You had extra time today because I didn't get to work until about 830 because of traffic. I was late this morning too...so I guess we're even. ;)

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 09:57 AM
P4S 7846
Adidas 7504

Just a matter of time?:thinking:

true...true...

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 10:00 AM
true...true... http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 10:00 AM
What is really said is that more than half of the threads on p1 have a last reply from either me or p4s.

Sweetwater Red
08-08-2006, 10:01 AM
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hitwithrock.gif

LOL

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent use of smilies.:D

pirate4state
08-08-2006, 10:04 AM
What is really said is that more than half of the threads on p1 have a last reply from either me or p4s. No, what is really sad is that I am on my OWN nerves with this crap already! Imagine how everyone else feels!!! :mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 10:05 AM
No, what is really sad is that I am on my OWN nerves with this crap already! Imagine how everyone else feels!!! :mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

uh oh...a triple flamer!!!! :eek: :eek: