PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Backup QB Quits...

District303aPastPlayer
08-07-2006, 09:20 PM
because, get this.... he isnt getting the amount of snaps in practice he thinks he deserves

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
all of a sudden the big 12 has opened up hugely .......

sahen
08-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
because, get this.... he isnt getting the amount of snaps in practice he thinks he deserves what a great reason to throw away a free education....gee what is the matter w/ people...

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 09:38 PM
what a pansy by the way

injuredinmelee
08-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by sahen
what a great reason to throw away a free education....gee what is the matter w/ people...
maybe he will end up at SHSU.

District303aPastPlayer
08-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
maybe he will end up at SHSU.

or texas college

SnyTigBaseB07
08-08-2006, 12:38 AM
or worse, maybe he wont play anymore!

i think he'll end up at Sam Houston, or better yet how bout.......hardin simmons!

no offense to fans of either

Bulldog92
08-08-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm a lifelong Huskers fan and it's disappointing to see such a talent leave the program and if anything happens to Taylor, it will definitely hurt not to have him. Having said that, I think he and Joe Ganz were pretty much even, which leaves Jordan Adams at third string. Taylor made huge strides at the end of last year and Nebraska will be fine as long as he's taking the bulk of the snaps. The plan is to pick up a kid from the JC ranks sometime between now and the end of camp, but that would only help the bottom of the depth chart.

What will hurt more is the loss of starting corner Zachary Bowman with a torn ACL. They have a JC transfer that will step in and do a good job, but their pass defense will depend heavily on a very good front seven that can and will put pressure on opposing QBs.

Does it open up the Big XII North? It's pretty open anyway with Nebraska a slight favorite, but I don't know that Beck's departure will have much of an impact now as it will in the next couple of years...only because he had more upside than either Ganz or Adams.

While it's nice to see most people pretty high on the Huskers, I won't be convinced of anything until I see what they do at USC. The Trojans will still be very good and will give us Nebraska faithful a feel for how far Callahan has truly come since taking the reins in Lincoln. It's gonna be a fun year...:)