PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

jdog93
08-07-2006, 01:48 PM
will V. Young start or be second string during preseason?

jdog93
08-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Lets get some replys in here

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
that's awesome, a shutout

jdog93
08-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Man! I would have thought Vince to get at least 1 vote

BTEXDAD
08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
who else do they have at QB?

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
who else do they have at QB?

Billy Volek

big daddy russ
08-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Give Vince some time to adjust, the way Mack did at UT. Start developing an offense to suit his talents, then start working him into a QB in the mold of the old offense, and have them meet in the middle somewhere. Vince has some unbelievable talent. Now Tennessee has to figure out how best to use those talents in the NFL. Let Billy Volek take the reigns for a while and let Vince learn from him.

If the Titans can do that, they just may have a future HOFer on their hands.

Eagle 1
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by jdog93
Man! I would have thought Vince to get at least 1 vote

Yes, where is all the VY faithful?
Interesting note; I joined a yahoo football fantasy league last week. VY wasnt picked until the 14th round by the "automatic" picker. :clap:

BTEXDAD
08-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Billy Volek

VY won't start immediately, but will get a lot of playing time.

BV won't be able to stay.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Interesting note; I joined a yahoo football fantasy league last week. VY wasnt picked until the 14th round by the "automatic" picker. :clap:

And you are shocked because????

Right now there are a lot of NFL QB's that I would take ahead of Vince. Like the 20-25 teams that know who their starting QB is going to be. Vince isn't the current starting QB for Tennessee...Volek is. Why would I want to draft a QB in my fantasy league that likely won't be playing at the start of the season? That would just be dumb.

The only two rookies that I would take in a fantasy draft right now would be Reggie Bush (my 7th round pick I think) and Vernon Davis (my 17th and final pick). They are the ones most likely to make an impact in fantasy football this season.

Oh...and how are Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie, and Hodges doing in the NFL these days??? :doh:

kepdawg
08-07-2006, 02:10 PM

The VY faithful aren't stupid.

BTEXDAD
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM
And you are shocked because????

Right now there are a lot of NFL QB's that I would take ahead of Vince. Like the 20-25 teams that know who their starting QB is going to be. Vince isn't the current starting QB for Tennessee...Volek is. Why would I want to draft a QB in my fantasy league that likely won't be playing at the start of the season? That would just be dumb.

Oh...and how are Kingsbury, Symons, Cumbie, and Hodges doing in the NFL these days??? :doh:

yeah, what adidas said.
I'm not in fantasy football anymore, but I wouldn't think Reggie B would have been picked in the top 10-12 running backs. If he was picked higher, I need to get in that fantasy league. Obviously some light weight team owners.

Eagle 1
08-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Troy Aikman who was drafted #1 by the Cowboys in 1989 started his rookie season.
Of course the team finished 1-15. As Troy improved, however, so too did the Cowboys' record. Eventually winning the Super Bowl in just 4 years.
I say the best way to learn is by experience. Throw him to the wolves and lets see what he has got. Besides if you going offer him a deal that could be worth 58 million, he better perform.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
yeah, what adidas said.
I'm not in fantasy football anymore, but I wouldn't think Reggie B would have been picked in the top 10-12 running backs. If he was picked higher, I need to get in that fantasy league. Obviously some light weight team owners.

Here was my edit on that post...when I picked up RB in the 7th round he was around the 20th RB taken in the league...and I believe that ESPN had him somewhere between 17 and 25 in terms of fantasy backs this season. I'll check the magazine tonight when I get home.

The only two rookies that I would take in a fantasy draft right now would be Reggie Bush (my 7th round pick I think) and Vernon Davis (my 17th and final pick). They are the ones most likely to make an impact in fantasy football this season.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:26 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Troy Aikman who was drafted #1 by the Cowboys in 1989 started his rookie season.
Of course the team finished 1-15. As Troy improved, however, so too did the Cowboys' record. Eventually winning the Super Bowl in just 4 years.
I say the best way to learn is by experience. Throw him to the wolves and lets see what he has got. Besides if you going offer him a deal that could be worth 58 million, he better perform.

so to get back to your fantasy football comment...would you have wanted Troy Aikman on your team that year??? I think not...:thumbsup:

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
14-0 is awesome

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
14-0 is awesome you are really strange :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you are really strange :thumbsup:

some of us have the same thoughts about you! :smoker:

Phil C
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Vince can jump in and do the job right now. Three super bowl wins for Tennessee the next ten years. What a steal! Hook 'em!

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Vince can jump in and do the job right now. Three super bowl wins for Tennessee the next ten years. What a steal! Hook 'em!

Phil...I think you should get into the reselling business...cars, event tickets...something. You definitely have what it takes! :thumbsup:

DaHop72
08-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Vince can jump in and do the job right now. Three super bowl wins for Tennessee the next ten years. What a steal! Hook 'em! Homer:D So much for your shut out AJ.:devil: :devil:

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Homer:D So much for your shut out AJ.:devil: :devil:
that was going to be my next post. Now we know who votes "yes!"

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
some of us have the same thoughts about you! :smoker: listen up....I don't care! :smoker: :p :p

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Homer:D So much for your shut out AJ.:devil: :devil: ugh...you've gone and made me say "SHOW SOME COMPASSION!" :mad: :mad:

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Homer:D So much for your shut out AJ.:devil: :devil:

ahhhhhh:mad: :mad:

DaHop72
08-07-2006, 02:53 PM
ugh...you've gone and made me say "SHOW SOME COMPASSION!" :mad: :mad: Note to s4s, when using this quote please put quote in separate box. Thank you for your time.:kiss: :kiss:

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:54 PM
ugh...you've gone and made me say "SHOW SOME COMPASSION!" :mad: :mad:

ROFL...welcome to the Phil C fan club! :D

pirate4state
Note to s4s, when using this quote please put quote in separate box. Thank you for your time.:kiss: :kiss: Dude....like that is too much work! :cool: :D

Adidas410s
Note to s4s, when using this quote please put quote in separate box. Thank you for your time.:kiss: :kiss:

true...true...

DaHop72
08-07-2006, 02:57 PM
true...true... Note to Adidas, Phil C quote violation in Kyle Field scoreboard thread.:mad:

BTEXDAD
08-07-2006, 02:57 PM
so to get back to your fantasy football comment...would you have wanted Troy Aikman on your team that year??? I think not...:thumbsup:

Troy never was a good fantasy football QB. Handed the ball off to Emmitt too much to get the passing stats. In real life, he was one of the best tho.
I remember Randall Cunningham and Steve Young being the fantasy studs at QB years back when I was heavy into it.
Few years from now, VY may be best fantasy league QB ever. Hopefully for him and Titans the running and passing stats will translate to real life victories also.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Note to Adidas, Phil C quote violation in Kyle Field scoreboard thread.:mad:

Note to Hops...I HAVE to be the exception to the rule!!! Plus...I am the 2nd biggest user...so I get quoting rights before you do! :thumbsup:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :flamingma

Eagle 1
08-07-2006, 03:01 PM

I would rather have Troy Aikman his rookie year than Vince Young any year.

DaHop72
08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Note to Hops...I HAVE to be the exception to the rule!!! Plus...I am the 2nd biggest user...so I get quoting rights before you do! :thumbsup:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :flamingma SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-07-2006, 03:16 PM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :flamingma
Copying is still just that.....and last time I looked, had no rights. :p

DaHop72
08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Copying is still just that.....and last time I looked, had no rights. :p I for one would never lower myself to copying one of Phil's catch phrases. If you're going to jack it, type it.:devil:

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 03:27 PM
I for one would never lower myself to copying one of Phil's catch phrases. If you're going to jack it, type it.:devil:

did you type it correctly here???

SHOW SOME COMPASSION PHIL
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44853&highlight=show+some+compassion

I think not!!! :thinking:

Plus...if you do a search for "SHOW SOME COMPASSION" you will find that Phil doesn't always write it the same. Sometimes you get ! (or !!...or !!!) on the end. Not to mention the occassional lower case usage and multiple :mad: :mad: :mad: . There is variety...just not much!

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 03:28 PM

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44853&highlight=show+some+compassion

I think not!!! :thinking:

Plus...if you do a search for "SHOW SOME COMPASSION" you will find that Phil doesn't always right it the same. Sometimes you get ! (or !!...or !!!) on the end. Not to mention the occassional lower case usage and multiple :mad: :mad: :mad: . There is variety...just not much! right? write? :thinking: LOL! ;)

Old Tiger
08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Honestly I hope he only gets limited PT so that he can learn from the bench and come in and do a wonderful job and not look lost.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 03:37 PM
right? write? :thinking: LOL! ;)

seriously??? I type 5,000 words/week on here and screw up ONE TIME and you have to call me out on it...:rolleyes: ;)

DaHop72
08-07-2006, 03:40 PM

I was specifically telling Phil to show compassion. Come on, he was talking about the Spurs.:devil: :devil:

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
seriously??? I type 5,000 words/week on here and screw up ONE TIME and you have to call me out on it...:rolleyes: ;) :nerd: Of course! :D

Old Tiger
08-07-2006, 03:43 PM
I say the best way to learn is by experience. Throw him to the wolves and lets see what he has got. Besides if you going offer him a deal that could be worth 58 million, he better perform. David Carr

Phil C
08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I for one would never lower myself to copying one of Phil's catch phrases. If you're going to jack it, type it.:devil:

It's ok with me Da but thank you for your concern. Besides I don't have a copywrite on it!

:D

Eagle 1
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
David Carr
Troy Aikman=HOF
David Carr=?

Phil C
08-07-2006, 03:49 PM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

Phil C
08-07-2006, 04:07 PM

SPARE NO EXPENSE!! :mad:

Old Tiger
08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Troy Aikman=HOF
David Carr=? They threw David Carr in and he was like a sitting duck back there and never had the chance to improve. Troy Aikman got better. It's all a learning experience

Sweetwater Red
08-07-2006, 04:26 PM
They threw David Carr in and he was like a sitting duck back there and never had the chance to improve. Troy Aikman got better. It's all a learning experience

Aikman had a much better O-line and a decent RB and WR. :thinking:

BJG40
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
....and MOOSE, Novacek, and a killer D. ( same point...just adding but not taking away from Mr. Aikman)

Old Tiger
08-07-2006, 05:33 PM
The Texans had a good o-line and RB and WR's but the coaching sucked for them honestly

DU_stud04
08-07-2006, 05:47 PM
good o-line? carr would get killed immediatly after getting the snap...

Old Tiger
08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Aikman was the same way his rookie year getting killded

Eagle 1
08-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Aikman still passed for 1749 yards, completed 155 of 293 (%52.9)
and 9 tds.
Not bad for somebody who was getting "killed" his rookie year.

Old Tiger
08-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Lets just wait and see who has the better career Young or Creinart...

sinfan75
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say by mid-way through the year he'll be a starter. Besides I can't wait for the day when him and White are terrorizin the NFL. That's gonna be a helluva backfield in about three years if they get a good group of players around em.

wedo
08-07-2006, 10:40 PM

Why not pick one of your Tech QB's??? Or is it b/c none of them actually see the field????

neck_06
08-07-2006, 11:51 PM
He will not start in the preseason, but i look for him to get the call about week 5 or 6 when the Titans are already out of the playoff hunt...

maestro
08-08-2006, 10:21 PM
go ahead and start him.
speed up the learning curve.

Old Tiger
08-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Now days with the complexity of the offence's and the terminology that comes with QB's it is good for them to sit and learn for their first year. The QB has to know every position on the offence and be able to instruct anyone on the line, recieving core, and runningbacks on their responsibility.

Phillip Rivers should be a prime example of the waiting game and doing well. I think Vince should sit a year and learn all he can so he will be that much better when he comes in and starts.

The great Peyton Manning had a awful rookie year and so did his brother Eli and look at them. They are prospering in they're positions at their respective franchise.

In conclusion Vince Young should have a great NFL career on a team with a lot of young and old talent surrounding him. With a strong ground game developing around him in LenDale white the 2cd round pick for the Titans. It should take a lot of pressure off of Vince.

Eagle 1
08-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Why not pick one of your Tech QB's??? Or is it b/c none of them actually see the field????

There are plenty of other tech players in the NFL, no big deal.

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 09:13 AM
There are plenty of other tech players in the NFL, no big deal.

there are plenty of other Texas players in the NFL too. If you're going to bag on a Texas QB...you better be ready to take it when you get the Tech QB's thrown back at you. Since everybody is Lubbock is so hard up about "the Air Raid''....oooh...we won 9 games! We scored 7 points in the Cotton Bowl....ooooh!!! Sonny Cumbie (from the great Snyder, Texas) is in the Arena League....yay!!!! :D

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 09:16 AM
there are plenty of other Texas players in the NFL too. If you're going to bag on a Texas QB...you better be ready to take it when you get the Tech QB's thrown back at you. Since everybody is Lubbock is so hard up about "the Air Raid''....oooh...we won 9 games! We scored 7 points in the Cotton Bowl....ooooh!!! Sonny Cumbie (from the great Snyder, Texas) is in the Arena League....yay!!!! :D

I don't think Cumbie is in the arena league either.

Tiger Baseball
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I don't think Cumbie is in the arena league either.

Yep thats where he is at, "Los Angeles Avengers",

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
(from the great Snyder, Texas) :flamingma :flamingma

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 09:29 AM
:flamingma :flamingma
yeah I thought about writing "sorry Hops...I just had to drag Snyder into this"....but I know your astute reading skills would find it.

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Yep thats where he is at, "Los Angeles Avengers",

My boss was on the golf course with him the other day. He didn't
know for sure if he was in the AFL or not. My bag. :D

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 09:31 AM
yeah I thought about writing "sorry Hops...I just had to drag Snyder into this"....but I know your astute reading skills would find it. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
yeah I thought about writing "sorry Hops...I just had to drag Snyder into this"....but I know your astute reading skills would find it.

Hey Snyder is the second greatest city west of Abilene that
starts with an "S". So you weren't completely wrong.:D

Boy, I went a long way for that didn't I?:devil:

Tiger Baseball
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
My boss was on the golf course with him the other day. He didn't
know for sure if he was in the AFL or not. My bag. :D

2007 season will be his last year of a 2 yr deal. I'm guessing he is still in his contract. He signed a 1 yr deal with the NFL Ravens, but it fell through.

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey Snyder is the second greatest city west of Abilene that
starts with an "S". So you weren't completely wrong.:D

Boy, I went a long way for that didn't I?:devil:

You're right...I also admire Seminole! :thumbsup:

oh and we must not forget about Stanton...and Slaton...and Seagraves...and Sundown.

And then there's Shallowater...and Sudan...and Silverton...and Stinnett...and Spearman...but those are kinda to the north!

And way out there is always Sheffield on I-10...and then we arrive at Socorro.

So many "S" towns...so hard to pick just one! ;)

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 09:47 AM
You're right...I also admire Seminole! :thumbsup:

oh and we must not forget about Stanton...and Slaton...and Seagraves...and Sundown.

And then there's Shallowater...and Sudan...and Silverton...and Stinnett...and Spearman...but those are kinda to the north!

And way out there is always Sheffield on I-10...and then we arrive at Socorro.

So many "S" towns...so hard to pick just one! ;) You forgot Southland and Smyer.:D :D

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Ok. Start with an "S" and end with water!!!!!

:foul: :flamingma :foul:

:D :D :D

pirate4state
08-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Stanton... State Champions in 2A :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 09:57 AM
You forgot Southland and Smyer.:D :D

I left off a few of the uber-small "towns." Then again...when your population gets below 100...they can't all get recognition.

Tiger Baseball
08-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Man, San Angelo didn't make the list???:doh:

Tiger Baseball
08-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Ok. Start with an "S" and end with water!!!!!

:foul: :flamingma :foul:

:D :D :D

That would be Shallowater!! :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Man, San Angelo didn't make the list???:doh:

Not a town...plus I don't like it there! :evillaugh

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 10:05 AM
That would be Shallowater!! :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 10:07 AM
That would be Shallowater!! :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
1) This thread should have nothing to do with Texas Tech.
2) And it should have nothing to do with any 3a team in the state or any other town.
3) You want to talk "Vince Young".....great! You don't? Find another thread.

Bullaholic
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
2) And it should have nothing to do with any 3a team in the state or any other town.

:thumbsup:

Emerson1
08-09-2006, 10:51 AM
The same people started to run this thread off-topic as well.

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/079.gif

LH Panther Mom
08-09-2006, 10:56 AM
http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/079.gif
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hijacked2.gif

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I believe Jeff Fisher is too smart of a coach to throw VY to the wolves rightr away.:D

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 11:07 AM

If it wasn't for the above mentioned...this thread would be on page
5 right now.

If a new thread was started everytime another one started to
go off topic there would be a new thread every five minutes.

Here's an idea...

Lock all current threads. Start 4 threads that have this title.

1) Pro sports only!!!
2) College sports only!!!
3) High school sports only!!!
4) Miscellaneous only!!!

Anybody that goes off topic gets one warning then they get
rommed.

Emerson1
08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Or they can just go to the chatroom.

Eagle 1
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I would be willing to bet that VY will never win a superbowl as the starting qb.

Emerson1
08-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Neither will 98% of the Quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

Old Tiger
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I would be willing to bet that VY will never win a superbowl as the starting qb. I would be willing to bet that you never graduated from high school or went to college.

bobcat1
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
He graduated high school and is still protecting your rights by serving his country as he has done his whole life Tigger. Next!

Eagle 1
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I would be willing to bet that you never graduated from high school or went to college.

Heartbreak Ridge.