PDA

View Full Version : Arithmancy - a fun little exercise

STANG RED
08-07-2006, 10:18 AM
arithmancy (AR-ith-man-see) noun

Divination by numbers.

[From Greek arithmos (number) + -mancy (divination).]

Arithmancy is also known as arithmomancy and numerology. It is one of the subjects taught at Hogwarts School where Harry Potter studies the art of wizardry. You don't need to go to Hogwarts to know the numbers related to your name and to find out what they reveal. Try it at:

http://sorcererscompanion.net/arithmancy.html

Go to the link above for a fun little exercise. If your like me, you dont believe in this silly nonsense, but it's always fun to go check these things out anyway. Actually, I have to admit, it does have me pegged pretty close.

Character Number: 4
Heart Number : 7
Social Number: 6

4 Like a table that rests solidly on four legs, four indicates stability and firmness. Fours enjoy hard work. They are practical, reliable and down to earth; they prefer logic and reason to flights of fancy. They are good at organization and getting things done. Like the cycle of the four seasons, they are also predictable. They can be stubborn, suspicious, overly practical and prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in "two" are doubled in four.
6 Six represents harmony, friendship, and family life. Sixes are loyal, reliable, and loving. They adapt easily. They do well in teaching and the arts, but are often unsuccessful in business. They are sometimes prone to gossip and complacency.
7 Perceptive, understanding, and bright, sevens enjoy hard work and challenges. They are often serious, scholarly, and interested in all things mysterious. Originality and imagination are more important than money and material possessions. Sevens can also be pessimistic, sarcastic, and insecure.

CalallenWildcat
08-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Character Number: 4
Heart Number : 8
Social Number: 5

4: Like a table that rests solidly on four legs, four indicates stability and firmness. Fours enjoy hard work. They are practical, reliable and down to earth; they prefer logic and reason to flights of fancy. They are good at organization and getting things done. Like the cycle of the four seasons, they are also predictable. They can be stubborn, suspicious, overly practical and prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in "two" are doubled in four.

8: Eight indicates the possibility of great success in business, finance, and politics. Eights are practical, ambitious, committed, and hard working. They can also be jealous, greedy, domineering, and power-hungry. Eight is said to be the most unpredictable of numbers and can indicate the pinnacle of success or the depths of failure; the potential to go either way is present from the beginning.

5: Five is the number of instability and imbalance, indicating change and uncertainty. Fives are drawn to many things at once but commit to none. They are adventurous, energetic and willing to take risks. They enjoy travel and meeting new people but may not stay in one place very long. Fives can be conceited, irresponsible, quick-tempered and impatient.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'll admit there are some grains of truth in that.

44INAROW
08-07-2006, 10:31 AM
speaking of NUMBERS - does anyone watch the show NUMBERS on Friday nights? All thosenumber and quantum theories etc, just amaze me.

CalallenWildcat
08-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
speaking of NUMBERS - does anyone watch the show NUMBERS on Friday nights? All thosenumber and quantum theories etc, just amaze me.

Can't say I've ever seen it.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

:thumbsup:

You and I have good tastes in TV shows Mrs. 44 ;) I had a few DVR'd episodes to catch up on yesterday so I got to watch 3 in a row...a grand time indeed.

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Character Number = 3
Heart Number = 3
Social Number = 9

Character & Heart: Three represents the idea of completeness or wholeness, as in the threesomes past-present-future and mind-body-spirit. Three indicates talent, energy, an artistic nature, humor, and social ease. Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial.

Social: Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times). Nines dedicate themselves to service, often as teachers, scientists, and humanitarians. Strongly determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others. However, they can also be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

:eek: :eek: ROFL!

44INAROW
08-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:thumbsup:

You and I have good tastes in TV shows Mrs. 44 ;) I had a few DVR'd episodes to catch up on yesterday so I got to watch 3 in a row...a grand time indeed.

that's what we were doing as well! :D

Here's my #'s

CHARACTER 9 Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times). Nines dedicate themselves to service, often as teachers, scientists, and humanitarians. Strongly determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others. However, they can also be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

HEART 8 Eight indicates the possibility of great success in business, finance, and politics. Eights are practical, ambitious, committed, and hard working. They can also be jealous, greedy, domineering, and power-hungry. Eight is said to be the most unpredictable of numbers and can indicate the pinnacle of success or the depths of failure; the potential to go either way is present from the beginning.

SOCIAL 1 This is the number of the individual, the solitary unit. Ones are independent, focused, and determined. They set a goal and stick to it. They are leaders and inventors. Ones find it difficult to work with others and don't like to take orders. They can be self-centered, egotistical, and domineering. They are often loners.

CalallenWildcat
08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Character Number = 3
Heart Number = 3
Social Number = 9

Character & Heart: Three represents the idea of completeness or wholeness, as in the threesomes past-present-future and mind-body-spirit. Three indicates talent, energy, an artistic nature, humor, and social ease. Threes are often lucky, easygoing, and highly successful, but they can also be unfocused, easily offended, and superficial.

Social: Represents completion and achievement to the fullest degree (as it is the complete number, three, expressed three times). Nines dedicate themselves to service, often as teachers, scientists, and humanitarians. Strongly determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others. However, they can also be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

:eek: :eek: ROFL!

Ha, my brother has the same