PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Quote of the Weekend

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 09:22 AM
"On that restart, I guess [Sorenson] got into me a little bit. It's just one of those racing deals where he was doing his deal and I was doing my deal and our deals ended up colliding, so it's a bad day for me. - Boris Said

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 09:23 AM
NASCAR? NASCAR? :doh: I watched some golf this weekend. :thumbsup: Had a nice little nap. :)

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I watched some golf...and some of the race. Mainly I just played a bunch of poker and listened to a lot of thunder and a bit of rain. :D

CHS_CG
08-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Nascar is the best!

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 10:10 AM
nascar sucks, it shows our sophistication level, which is crappy because of this sport

lostaussie
08-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
nascar sucks, it shows our sophistication level, which is crappy because of this sport i beg to differ. my sophistication level is pretty dang high and i watch every race. there are a heck of alot smarter people in nascar than you, my little aggie friend.:thumbsup:

CHS_CG
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i beg to differ. my sophistication level is pretty dang high and i watch every race. there are a heck of alot smarter people in nascar than you, my little aggie friend.:thumbsup:

couldnt agree more!

44INAROW
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
We don't watch Nascar, but we have alot of friends that do (they keep trying to convert us) We've been invited to Daytona races - 4 days of 'festivities" etc. but we continue to decline - I guess one of these days we'll accept and discover what it's all about. We've been told that once we go see a race in person, we'll be 'hooked" forever.

CHS_CG
08-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
We don't watch Nascar, but we have alot of friends that do (they keep trying to convert us) We've been invited to Daytona races - 4 days of 'festivities" etc. but we continue to decline - I guess one of these days we'll accept and discover what it's all about. We've been told that once we go see a race in person, we'll be 'hooked" forever.

holy crap.. tell them that i wanna go that would be soo amazing!!!!

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
We've been told that once we go see a race in person, we'll be 'hooked" forever.

That's how I was with hockey. I never really cared much until I moved to Dallas in March. Went to my first Stars game...then caught 3 of the final 4 regular season games...then the 1st two playoff games. Once you go to a hockey game...you'll be hooked. I think it's as good (if not better) of a sport to watch in person than any other. There is constant action going on and just watching how fast the guys move ON ICE and their ability to stop on a dime...it's amazing!

pirate4state
08-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That's how I was with hockey. I never really cared much until I moved to Dallas in March. Went to my first Stars game...then caught 3 of the final 4 regular season games...then the 1st two playoff games. Once you go to a hockey game...you'll be hooked. I think it's as good (if not better) of a sport to watch in person than any other. There is constant action going on and just watching how fast the guys move ON ICE and their ability to stop on a dime...it's amazing! Correct! Same thing happened here! I was spoiled though with company give aways and such and all during the Stars run to win the Stanley Cup!! Exciting times indeed!! :)

lostaussie
08-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That's how I was with hockey. I never really cared much until I moved to Dallas in March. Went to my first Stars game...then caught 3 of the final 4 regular season games...then the 1st two playoff games. Once you go to a hockey game...you'll be hooked. I think it's as good (if not better) of a sport to watch in person than any other. There is constant action going on and just watching how fast the guys move ON ICE and their ability to stop on a dime...it's amazing! i was the same way. never knew the speed of the game until i saw the Stars for the first time.

neck_06
08-07-2006, 11:45 AM
"If you ain't first, you're last!" - Ricky Bobby