PDA

View Full Version : Preseason College FB Top 25

big daddy russ
06-23-2003, 01:20 AM
Picked up my copy of Lindy's today and saw their preseason rankings. For those of you out there who may not know, Lindy's is the equivalent of Dave Campbell's when it comes to NCAA football. Here's how theirs looks.

1. Oklahoma
2. Miami
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Kansas State
6. AUBURN
7. Texas
8. University of Southern California
9. Tennessee
10. Maryland
11. Lousiana State
12. Pittsburgh
13. Georgia
14. Virginia Tech
15. Notre Dame
16. Purdue
17. Washington
18. Florida State
19. North Carolina State
20. Colorado State
21. Virginia
22. Colorado
23. Arizona State
24. Texas Christian University
25. Alabama

On a side note, a few months ago I posted that Auburn easily had a top-10, and possibly top-5 team and was poised as one of the early frontrunners for a national title. If I remember correctly, it was Jacket who said that I was overdoing it. :D We just missed the top five in this preseason poll, but there's no reason we couldn't take K-State's place. I know Athlon Sports had the Tigers ranked fifth.

I know it's just a poll, but dangit I love these things. Also, Texas A&M is ranked 27th while Florida fell in at 26.

You know I'm just messing with you, J2K. wink

CHS_CG
06-23-2003, 02:22 AM
I really hope the aggies do alot better this year and that Jason Carter gets more play time. He's one of my boys from Caldwell and we are all soo happy when he gets to play(and does good). Thanx for the top 25!

Showtime33
06-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Florida St will be back in the hunt this year, watch and see.

Old Tiger
06-23-2003, 11:07 AM
CHS_CG:
I really hope the aggies do alot better this year and that Jason Carter gets more play time. He's one of my boys from Caldwell and we are all soo happy when he gets to play(and does good). Thanx for the top 25!He will probably be a return man.

BIGBELL#7
06-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Hoprfully now that Simms is gone Texas will have a chance at winning a championship. From what ive been hearing the BIG IX is going to be really tuff this year. I akso hope to see A&M do good also.