PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on two a days and practices in general

eagles_victory
08-06-2006, 07:40 PM
I know we have some coaches and parents and fans on here. As a parent/fan do you go and watch practices and two a days. As a coach do you have a problem with fans and parents coming to watch practices and two a days?

lostaussie
08-06-2006, 07:54 PM
an article in yesterdays gilmer paper i found to be interesting. i believe the buckeyes are practicing at 5:00 in the afternoon until 6:30 or 7:00 and again with the second practice at 8:00. coach traylor has invited all fans to comes to the practices. wants to bring as much game atmosphere to the practices as possible. these ain't the buckeyes i grew up with:D

hawkfan
08-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I am not the head coach, but I do not have a problem with parents watching practice. However, I f a parent comes down there on the field and tries to coach thier kid, then we have problems. And trust me, I have heard of this happening.

Fal44
08-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I wouldnt see why it would be a promblem to have parents watch practice or have a showing for the town.. I think it would bring the town closer to the football team but if fans start trying to coach their kid from the stands thats diffrent..

lostaussie
08-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I am not the head coach, but I do not have a problem with parents watching practice. However, I f a parent comes down there on the field and tries to coach thier kid, then we have problems. And trust me, I have heard of this happening. hehehe that will not be a problem that will happen in Gilmer. i don't know alot.............but i do know that.

lostaussie
08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
does any team practice at 12:01 tonight? i know they do at Winnsboro. sort of a tradition.

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
does any team practice at 12:01 tonight? i know they do at Winnsboro. sort of a tradition.
We did that for a few years, but stopped with the 2002 (I think) 2-a-days.

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm planning to watch some parts of 2-a-days this week. I'd love to be able to take off work all week to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing the differences in my son between last year and this.

tigerpride_08
08-06-2006, 10:30 PM
some of the parents come and watch but not many...usually most will just come to the senior-junior scrimmage we'll have at the end of the week...