PDA

View Full Version : Legal Performing Enhancing Drugs

KTJ
08-06-2006, 01:04 PM
******PREFACE: I DO NOT CONDONE USING STEROIDS. I NEVER HAVE AND I NEVER WILL.

I've been an athlete in high school and I constantly workout to stay in shape and to stay healthy. My friends all say they are jealous cause I have no body fat and I have an athletic/toned body.

With that said, for the last 6 years--8 if you count my final 2 years of high school--I've wanted to get bigger. Not so big that I look like I've been competing in strong man competitions on ESPN. But just a bit more muscular. I'm very toned/athletic now, but I don't really have any "muscle" to my frame. I do the protein shakes and I've done/do creatine. I also take my multi-vitamin everyday. I've taken a number of other things too.

But, I was curious about LEGAL performance drugs? Not steroids...no way. But is there anything that will help me get more muscle mass but it isn't illegal or it isn't "steroids" per se? And maybe I'll never have more muscle mass. Maybe this is how I am supposed to look. But I refuse to accept that.

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2006, 01:23 PM
weight gainer?

Gobbla2001
08-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
weight gainer?

ahhhh yes... weight gainer... I can help you with that KTJ :D

I forget how I put on the weight, but I keep it on by:

1. Eating a lot every now and then (every other meal)

2. Drinking dark and heavy beers every now and then (every other 30 minutes)

District303aPastPlayer
08-06-2006, 01:28 PM
eating at night has helped some of my friends gain weight...

big daddy russ
08-06-2006, 01:45 PM
One of my old HS buddies who went on to play football at UH couldn't gain any weight at first, so he tried this:

He'd go to Whataburger/Burger King right before hitting the sack. He'd get a value meal and one extra burger, loaded with bacon and cheese. He'd scarf down the value meal then hit the sack. Then his alarm would go off at 3 in the morning, and he'd eat the other burger.

Went from 205 to 230 in about six months, started getting some PT his RS Soph year (he was a TE).

I don't know if that's the kind of weight you're looking to gain, but if you have a high metabolism it works well.

Crimestick
08-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Creatine is legal. It's just not legal inside of a lot of organizations like the NFL, etc. It works, but all of the potential effects haven't been studied. However, I haven't heard about any serious adverse effects. I used to use it when I was trying to bulk up.

KTJ
08-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I could try the muscle milk/protein that they have at Vitamin World.

And I guess, technically, I can put on more weight by eating those juicy, nice, delicious Whataburgers and that will eventually turn into muscle.

3afan
08-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
One of my old HS buddies who went on to play football at UH couldn't gain any weight at first, so he tried this:

He'd go to Whataburger/Burger King right before hitting the sack. He'd get a value meal and one extra burger, loaded with bacon and cheese. He'd scarf down the value meal then hit the sack. Then his alarm would go off at 3 in the morning, and he'd eat the other burger.

Went from 205 to 230 in about six months, started getting some PT his RS Soph year (he was a TE).

I don't know if that's the kind of weight you're looking to gain, but if you have a high metabolism it works well.

but the fat & cholesterol of such a "diet" will cause big time problems if you are not careful

mistanice
08-06-2006, 04:28 PM
ask my buddy, he's a trainer at the local gym

http://www.myspace.com/aaronctx

3afan
08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I could try the muscle milk/protein that they have at Vitamin World.

And I guess, technically, I can put on more weight by eating those juicy, nice, delicious Whataburgers and that will eventually turn into muscle.

the only way to gain mucsle is protein and hitting the weight room - don't look for a short cut

KTJ
08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
the only way to gain mucsle is protein and hitting the weight room - don't look for a short cut

I workout 4-6 times a week.

I take protein and there are so many kinds that each person will tell you X brand is better than Y.

Myoplex, Muscle Milk, EAS....

thewyliefan
08-06-2006, 10:17 PM
if you have a gnc, their generic protein powder works and just make sure you take a good multi-vitamin

the key to building muscle is protein vitamins sleep and hard work

Old Tiger
08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Tuna, boiled eggs, steak, potato's, peanut butter sandwiches before bed, baked chicken, and milk shakes.

Fish's mom
08-06-2006, 10:57 PM

Amen.
But something that you can try, not a short cut, just a way to keep what you have is by adding fish's oil to your daily vit. regiment. It's also good for your heart too.

:) :)

SintonFan
08-07-2006, 12:47 AM
I had some succes with Chromium Polynicotinate when I wanted to bulk up a little when I was in my early 20's. Weider makes some good products that have CP.

eagles_victory
08-07-2006, 01:02 AM
but the fat & cholesterol of such a "diet" will cause big time problems if you are not careful not to mention it could get pretty expensive.

wedo
08-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Tuna, boiled eggs, steak, potato's, peanut butter sandwiches before bed, baked chicken, and milk shakes.

This is exactly what you should eat!!! Has far as lifting goes lift everything in 4-5 set of 6-8 heavy weight!!! What do your work outs consist of?? I work at a gym and everyone ask the same question!!!