PDA

View Full Version : In 17 hours and 14 minutes I'll Be Doing what I love

hawkfan
08-06-2006, 12:46 PM
The 2006 season for me starts a little earlier for me that most of you, with two-a-days starting tomorrow. I am real excited about this year. Of course I will probably say that every year.

44INAROW
08-06-2006, 01:11 PM
I thought 2 @ days start most places tomorrow? They start in Cuero tomorrow....... anyway.. have fun and drink lots of water TODAY!

Gobbla2001
08-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I thought 2 @ days start most places tomorrow? They start in Cuero tomorrow....... anyway.. have fun and drink lots of water TODAY!

isn't that what he said? ha

the boys excited about tomorrow?

hawkfan
08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
isn't that what he said? ha

the boys excited about tomorrow?

They better be or they shouldn't be playing.

Gobbla2001
08-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
They better be or they shouldn't be playing.

I was always nervous... I hated that feeling all around my head after wearing that helmet all day for the first time... was just something to get used to... also adjusting to your mouth-piece was not very comfortable when the sores came... the heat really never bothered me too much emotionally/mentally or anything...

I miss all of those things though...

MHSvarsity2007
08-06-2006, 01:31 PM
our guys start at midnight tonight...hoorah :clap:

ILS1
08-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Can't remember what school it is in Austin don't quote me on this but I believe it's Lake Travis. They usually start practice @ midnight on the first day of practice,sort of like that Midnight Madness thing in College Basketball.

:D

Fal44
08-06-2006, 02:13 PM
we report in the morning at 8:30 for pads and later on in the day we have are first practice... You know what is weird we are only having one practice a day cause of some in-service... I dont want to have just one long one...

hawkfan
08-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I was always nervous... I hated that feeling all around my head after wearing that helmet all day for the first time... was just something to get used to... also adjusting to your mouth-piece was not very comfortable when the sores came... the heat really never bothered me too much emotionally/mentally or anything...

I was nervous and excited at the same time. But what I remember about the first couple of days of practice is being so sore I could hardly walk.

LH Panther Mom
08-06-2006, 06:08 PM
I know the kids I've talked to can hardly wait. They've been busting their butts all summer. :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
08-06-2006, 08:21 PM
all 1-A through 3a start tomorrow as well as all 4a and 5a schools that did not have Spring Training.

AggieJohn
08-06-2006, 08:53 PM
i'm excited

Fal44
08-06-2006, 10:19 PM
ahhh imm so anxious for tommorow..Imm getting the butterflys right now the day Ive been waiting for all my life is just a few hours away ahhh I cant wait to put on that green helmet..

Fish's mom
08-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
The 2006 season for me starts a little earlier for me that most of you, with two-a-days starting tomorrow. I am real excited about this year. Of course I will probably say that every year.

My son's so excited I don't think he'll sleep tonight. They were suppose to start at midnight but coaches out voted them because that would mean they would have to work extra long hours. Instead they start at 6 am, this is what he has been working and thinking about all summer. Think he's waking up at 3 am in order to get a good breakfast down before the real work starts....... To all you players, stay hydrated and enjoy. :)

tigerpride_08
08-06-2006, 10:25 PM

yea...i hate getting the red marks on your forehead and getting pimples from the sweat...but its worth it lol:)

Pirate66
08-07-2006, 04:12 AM
Our Team started about 10 minutes ago at 4, man i wish i was playin, this is just my first year out of high school but i already miss football so much, all you players enjoy it while it last and good luck

hawkfan
08-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Pirate66
Our Team started about 10 minutes ago at 4, man i wish i was playin, this is just my first year out of high school but i already miss football so much, all you players enjoy it while it last and good luck

That is one thig I tell the seniors. Enjoy this year, because it will be gone before you know it, and every day you after you will pray to God that you had it back.