PDA

View Full Version : Robert Duvall....

Bullaholic
08-05-2006, 09:41 PM
I think I would watch Robert Duvall act in anything, but like most Texans, I think I like his cowboy characters the best. I'm watching "Broken Trail" again right now on TV---yea, it and "Open Range" and "Lonesome Dove" are all pretty close, but I think that similarity ain't all bad.

shankbear
08-05-2006, 09:53 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.. It smells like........VICTORY!!!!!!

Bullaholic
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.. It smells like........VICTORY!!!!!!

Yep--That line by Robert Duvall as an army major in "Apocalypse Now" is a film classic.

hawkfan
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Lonesome Dove is the best.

pirate4state
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep--That line by Robert Duvall as an army major in "Apocalypse Now" is a film classic. He was a BA in that movie!! :thumbsup:

44INAROW
08-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Lonesome Dove...... he was great in that mini series

IHStangFan
08-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep--That line by Robert Duvall as an army major in "Apocalypse Now" is a film classic. You sure he wasnt a Lt. Col? ;) I am not sure to be honest...but who cares.....remember my old avatar??? "Charlie Don't Surf!" :D

pirate4state
08-05-2006, 10:13 PM
If you haven't already checked it out An Unfinished Life is a pretty good movie. Don't let the fact that J.Lo :rolleyes: also stars in it keep you from watching this movie. :) Just one of those lazy Sunday movies. ;)

PS. Robert Duvall is NOT in it, but Robert Redford is. :D

Bullaholic
08-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If you haven't already checked it out An Unfinished Life is a pretty good movie. Don't let the fact that J.Lo :rolleyes: also stars in it keep you from watching this movie. :) Just one of those lazy Sunday movies. ;)

PS. Robert Duvall is NOT in it, but Robert Redford is. :D

P4S, I watched Robert Redford for about the 10th time in "Jeremiah Johnson" on Wed. night. I always tell my wife if she misses me for more than a couple of days that she might look for me above 8000 ft. in the mountains. I think I could live like ol' Jeremiah pretty easy---except for the hostile Indians, of course

Crimestick
08-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Did you mean that most Texans like Duvall's cowboy characters the best or that he's from Texas? I think he's actually from San Diego. Maybe I'm confused.

Bandera YaYa
08-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

PS. Robert Duvall is NOT in it, but Robert Redford is. :D I finally saw that movie and it was darn good!! I thought all the actors were good...it's really a good movie, in fact next time i'm in Wally world, I plan on buying it.....Morgan Freeman is such a delight to watch...his voice is soooo sexy!!! Redford and Freeman.....*swoon*...... :inlove: :inlove: :D

Bull Butter
08-06-2006, 02:46 AM
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough.

Classic.

Maroon87
08-06-2006, 02:56 AM
When I watched Duvall in "Open Range" I thought I was watching my dad. Spooky...some of the lines were right out of my dad's mouth.:eek: