PDA

View Full Version : College scouts

Chief Woodman
05-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Is it usual for college scouts to visit sping drills for 3A teams? UT, zero U and several others have been sniffin' around Decatur drills lately. Is this normal? It could be, but being new to the ideas of them there, I was just looking for some info. Thanks

fwisd
05-15-2003, 05:41 PM
Very normal - for schools who are regular recruiting stops. The high school I teach at is a regular stop for recruiters from D-1 to JUCO. We have them all spring long - they're much busier in the fall - you know they are all coaches, too - so spring is a great time for them to visit and check on kids - had one today from University of Iowa. It's normal - maybe it hasn't been in Wise County but quite common in other places.

Wildcat2004
05-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Kennedale has had about 40 college scouts come to spring Drills.

ThaRealBulldog
05-15-2003, 06:02 PM
We have had a number of scouts in our spring practices in Carthage.

Chief Woodman
05-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info.....

BU97
05-21-2003, 09:21 AM
Wharton has had about 30 schools come by in the last few weeks. Had over 10 straight days with at least 3 schools visiting. Also had visits from Coach Fran, Guy Moriss, and Nick Saban! It has been very exciting for both the coaches and kids!

vet93
05-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Do Boy Scouts and Extension Service Boll weevil Scouts count? If they do, then count Ballinger in! :D

marlinbulldogplayer
05-21-2003, 01:13 PM
every college in the nation has come by marlin looking at d'nerian writer, red richardson, and jermany griffen. oklahome, kansas state, tcu arkansas have already offered them a full ride to play.

PPHSfan
05-21-2003, 01:37 PM
marlinbulldogplayer:
every college in the nation has come by marlin looking at d'nerian writer, red richardson, and jermany griffen. oklahome, kansas state, tcu arkansas have already offered them a full ride to play.Wow, that is amazing that every college in the nation would come to a 3A school and offer full rides to three different kids. For some reason I can't find any of these names on any schools recruiting lists though at The Insiders (http://recruiting.theinsiders.com/) I guess I am gonna have to change my sources.

Keith7
05-21-2003, 02:56 PM
PPHSfan:

marlinbulldogplayer:
every college in the nation has come by marlin looking at d'nerian writer, red richardson, and jermany griffen. oklahome, kansas state, tcu arkansas have already offered them a full ride to play.Wow, that is amazing that every college in the nation would come to a 3A school and offer full rides to three different kids. For some reason I can't find any of these names on any schools recruiting lists though at The Insiders (http://recruiting.theinsiders.com/) I guess I am gonna have to change my sources.These kids were probobly wanted so badly they copy righted their name so they couldnt be put on any recruiting lists

sinton66
05-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Maybe they used photoshop to doctor up their pictures where no one recognized them. :D :D :D