PDA

View Full Version : Zero Week Game of the Week

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 06:46 PM
The best game will be Snyder vs. Monahams at Grande in Midland. Any guesses who I think will win this game. The two teams could meet later in the playoffs again.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The best game will be Snyder vs. Monahams at Grande in Midland. Any guesses who I think will win this game. The two teams could meet later in the playoffs again.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I had planned on being at this game, but I didn't realize that we play Graham the same night. All the schedules I have seen say we play Friday, but I talked to our coach and it IS Thursday and is supposedly going to be televised!

Ranger Mom
08-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah!! Cuero/Sinton will be a good one that week too!!

Doesn't Gilmer play Tatum also then?

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had planned on being at this game, but I didn't realize that we play Graham the same night. All the schedules I have seen say we play Friday, but I talked to our coach and it IS Thursday and is supposedly going to be televised!

When did the UIL lift the rule on televising games alive, except for games contracted with FOX.

Ranger Mom
08-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
When did the UIL lift the rule on televising games alive, except for games contracted with FOX.

I was under the impression that was Friday night games that were under that rule...but heck, what do I know??

I know it's supposedly being filmed that night anyway, I have no idea when it's actually supposed to be broadcast!

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I was under the impression that was Friday night games that were under that rule...but heck, what do I know??

I know it's supposedly being filmed that night anyway, I have no idea when it's actually supposed to be broadcast!

You might be right. MMMMMM :thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
08-05-2006, 07:07 PM

GO GREEN GO!!! GO GREEN GO!!!!

Ranger Mom
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I wish the UIL had a search feature!! How in the heck do you find out about a specific rule?

I was curious as to what exactly it said about televised games...but I don't have a clue where to go.

I did find this article in the Dallas Morning News.....for what THAT's worth!!

UIL gets it right

ESPNU wants to televise a high school football game between Tyler-Lee and Cincinnati Colerain, which will be played in Columbus, Ohio, on Sept. 9, the eve of the UT-Ohio State game.

The UIL has a rule banning televised games on Friday night - something designed to encourage fans to go to games so fans don't sit at home and watch high school games on TV.

I applaud the UIL for so far failing to buckle to the pressure of a waiver being sought by ESPNU. There's enough high school sports on TV with the state championship games and even in-season games being moved to Thursday.

Let's leave big TV business to college sports, where athletes have at least met the test of having earned a scholarship.

We don't need to promote me-first, I'm-on-TV attitudes at the high school level, let alone have some kid miss a pass, tackle or field goal to determine the outcome of a game on TV as a high school kid and be scarred for life.

Call this old school, but so be it.

thatboiwes
08-05-2006, 07:18 PM
All games not played on Friday night can be televised live. Fox Sports ownes all rights to televise state championships, so noone but them can broadcast that game live.

And to who asked about Gilmer and Tatum playing zero week, that game is actually scheduled for week 1. Gilmer will play the Las Vegas Bishop Gorman Gaels zero week as part of the 3rd annual East Texas Classic in Tyler. That, in my opinion is the zero week game of the week. I believe it is the 1st ever high school game between Texas and Nevada.

Ranger Mom
08-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info on the UIL AND the Gilmer/Tatum game. I knew it was going to be played close to the beginning of the season, but wasn't real sure WHEN!!

oh well
08-05-2006, 07:51 PM
There are a lot of big games out there. The Greenwood Graham game will be one to watch

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by oh well
There are a lot of big games out there. The Greenwood Graham game will be one to watch

GO RANGERS :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
08-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah!! Cuero/Sinton will be a good one that week too!!

Doesn't Gilmer play Tatum also then?

Go Mean Green :clap: :clap:

Lets hope there is no weather interference this year:rolleyes:

piratebg
08-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Go Mean Green :clap: :clap:

Lets hope there is no weather interference this year:rolleyes:

Hopefully mother nature is much more kind this year. I have never done a M&G before and I think this may be the game that I do.

Manck
08-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Gilmer-Bishop Gorman is the game of the week in the state. Any time a Texas team gets a chance to whip an out-of-state team's ass, it's GOTW material.

For the homer part of the post, Gilmer's first three games are all pretty huge. Bishop Gorman, Tatum, Daingerfield and let's not forget Atlanta in week 5...just three years ago, if you got to see all of those teams (from TX) in one season, you were in the state semifinals.

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Any of you coaches (or anyone else, for that matter) know when THSCA will have the schedules up? :)

44INAROW
08-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Hopefully mother nature is much more kind this year. I have never done a M&G before and I think this may be the game that I do.

hopefully we can work something out before the game :)