PDA

View Full Version : What if Rhett Bomar Transfers to SHSU!

Phil C
08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
I know I mentioned it before in another thread but this is too significant to not have its' own right now. This is horrifying.
:eek:

Remember SHSU would be tough enough for UT without him. Remember they lost the National Championship in their division 2 years ago mainly because the game was on the road. With a good QB like Bomar there they would be tougher and increase the risk. Very scary indeed.

:(

injuredinmelee
08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
I hope the NCAA rules him ineligible for ever.

injuredinmelee
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I know this has probably already been said but...

I heard he was transfering in to Gilmer.

Adidas410s
08-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

true...true...

Sweetwater Red
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I know I mentioned it before in another thread but this is too significant to not have its' own right now. This is horrifying.

Remember SHSU would be tough enough for UT without him. Remember they lost the National Championship in their division 2 years ago mainly because the game was on the road. With a good QB like Bomar there they would be tougher and increase the risk. Very scary indeed.

If this happens the UT starters will have to play the whole first
quarter !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D

Johnny Moxen
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM

Are sure it wasn't Snyder?????:thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
08-04-2006, 04:04 PM
I hope the NCAA rules him ineligible for ever.

Yeah, I believe he won't be able to play anywhere but CFL, AFL, and maybe NAIA. The dismissal may have come from OU, but they were probably playing 'C-Y-A'. When the NCAA is said and done, he'll get at least a year 1 year suspension, and that's if he's lucky.

j_dog
08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
hey, he cannot come to Sam. We can't afford him. ;)

wedo
08-04-2006, 04:09 PM
I didn't think that he was all that great ne ways!!! He is very unproven!!!

lostaussie
08-04-2006, 08:04 PM

I heard he was transfering in to Gilmer. why must you be a punk in every thread??? rumor i heard on radio today was maybe tamu commerce. could be a good fit????

PPHSfan
08-04-2006, 08:15 PM
He should be eligible for next years draft.

lostaussie
08-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
He should be eligible for next years draft. probably go in 1st 2 rounds:D

Matthew328
08-04-2006, 09:00 PM
I also heard Commerce contacted OU about Bomar

Gp83
08-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I would say Bomar going to Commerce would depend on which car dealership had the biggest signing bonus:)

KTJ
08-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Switch to decaf, Phil.

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I also heard Commerce contacted OU about Bomar

im sure every juco-Division II school has contacted OU

Old Tiger
08-04-2006, 10:17 PM

:( What if your aunt had balls?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-04-2006, 11:14 PM
I wounder if he has got a call from mack brown?

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Yeah, I believe he won't be able to play anywhere but CFL, AFL, and maybe NAIA. The dismissal may have come from OU, but they were probably playing 'C-Y-A'. When the NCAA is said and done, he'll get at least a year 1 year suspension, and that's if he's lucky.

Ok...once and for all, here are the facts you need to know, from an ESPN.com article:

If former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar decides to transfer and play football at another NCAA institution, he will have to clear some hurdles. Since Oklahoma has declared him ineligible, Bomar more than likely will have to repay the money he shouldn't have received from working at a car dealership, then seek reinstatement from the NCAA.

If Bomar is reinstated and transfers to another Division I school, he would be required to sit out this season. The NCAA does allow a one-time transfer from Division I to I-AA, but a student-athlete must meet four conditions: the student-athlete has two years of eligibility remaining; he or she has not transferred previously from a four-year institution; he or she is in good academic standing and meets progress toward degree requirements; and the former school has released the student-athlete from his or her scholarship.

If Bomar were to transfer to a two-year junior college, he still would have to be reinstated by the NCAA before playing at another one of its member schools. His other options include playing for an NAIA school, which isn't subject to NCAA rules, or entering the NFL draft in two years.

GreenMonster
08-05-2006, 02:04 AM
What if he transfers to that school Ramonce Taylor transferred to. That would be one high powered offense right there.

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2006, 02:22 AM

Phil..please and i do mean this PLEASE quit trying to make the SHSU game out to be a "dangerous" game.

That team that went to the finals is all pretty much gone, and even if that whole team was intact, this year's Texas squad would beat them by 35 on a bad night.

W/o Bomar Texas 56 SHSU 7

W/ Bomar Texas 56 SHSU 10

big daddy russ
08-05-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm almost 100% positive he'll never play in the NCAA again. If he took that money then he's probably out of D-I, D-II, all of it. I can't see him being reinstated no matter what happens. This is the cardinal sin of college athletics, and he broke it.

Look for him at an NAIA school near you. He'll probably wind up at either SAGU, Paul Quinn, Bacone, Langston, Southern Nazarene, or Texas College. If not, he'll just shell out the tuition and finish up at OU as a regular student.

Aesculus gilmus
08-05-2006, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
What if he transfers to that school Ramonce Taylor transferred to. That would be one high powered offense right there.

Texas College is in Tyler, which doesn't allow the sale of alcoholic beverages. I understand Bomar has an affinity for these products, so this would have to be dealt with in negotiations.

GreenMonster
08-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Texas College is in Tyler, which doesn't allow the sale of alcoholic beverages. I understand Bomar has an affinity for these products, so this would have to be dealt with in negotiations. I don't think they allow marijuana in Tyler either, but they sure landed a big fish to tote the rock in Ramonce Taylor. Texas College could become the nation's newest "convict college" if they were to land a couple more trouble makers to fill out their roster.

lostaussie
08-05-2006, 07:55 AM
I don't think they allow marijuana in Tyler either, but they sure landed a big fish to tote the rock in Ramonce Taylor. Texas College could become the nation's newest "convict college" if they were to land a couple more trouble makers to fill out their roster. i didn't say it...............but i sure was thinking it:D

SWMustang
08-05-2006, 08:09 AM
I don't think they allow marijuana in Tyler either, but they sure landed a big fish to tote the rock in Ramonce Taylor.
tote the rock

I think you meant "toke the rock"...

CalallenWildcat
08-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't think they allow marijuana in Tyler either, but they sure landed a big fish to tote the rock in Ramonce Taylor. Texas College could become the nation's newest "convict college" if they were to land a couple more trouble makers to fill out their roster.

He is NOT going to Texas College.

Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally.

http://www.texascollege.edu/welcome.htm

Aesculus gilmus
08-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Are you saying only blacks can attend there?

I'm not sure that's legal.

Also, I think most people already realized the "Bomar joining Taylor at Texas College" sentiment was a joke.

Sweetwater Red
08-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Are you saying only blacks can attend there?

I'm not sure that's legal.

Also, I think most people already realized the "Bomar joining Taylor at Texas College" sentiment was a joke.

True...I've seen white kids standing in uniform on Southern's
side line. They might be "token" white guys but they're on the
team.

Maroon87
08-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
I wounder if he has got a call from mack brown?

Doubtful. I think Mack likes to steer clear of players with baggage. That's why Ramonce Taylor isn't a Longhorn any more.

Buccaneer
08-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm almost 100% positive he'll never play in the NCAA again. If he took that money then he's probably out of D-I, D-II, all of it. I can't see him being reinstated no matter what happens. This is the cardinal sin of college athletics, and he broke it.
The Cardinal Sin is not that he took it but that he got caught!

big daddy russ
08-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
He is NOT going to Texas College.

Texas College a liberal arts institution has a historic mission and legacy of providing educational opportunities, academic services, and career choices for thousands of African American youth from throughout Texas, the nation, and internationally.

http://www.texascollege.edu/welcome.htm
It's just like Southern University, Prairie View A&M, Grambline, Alcorn State, or any other PREDOMINANTLY black college.

One of my old classmates from Blinn transferred into Prairie View after my first year up here. He loves loves it there. He fits in perfectly with the rest of the student body, loves the cameraderie, and it reminds him of home.

Oh, did I mention that he has flaming red hair and is so Anglo that he's almost a ghost? It's not exclusive to blacks, just a place that used to be before Brown v. the Board of Education. Texas College is the same.

CalallenWildcat
08-05-2006, 12:10 PM
It's just like Southern University, Prairie View A&M, Grambline, Alcorn State, or any other PREDOMINANTLY black college.

One of my old classmates from Blinn transferred into Prairie View after my first year up here. He loves loves it there. He fits in perfectly with the rest of the student body, loves the cameraderie, and it reminds him of home.

Oh, did I mention that he has flaming red hair and is so Anglo that he's almost a ghost? It's not exclusive to blacks, just a place that used to be before Brown v. the Board of Education. Texas College is the same.

I didn't realize that.

big daddy russ
08-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I didn't realize that.
You live, you learn. The black population still makes up something like 94% of Prairie View's student body, so schools like that definitely carry their culture and traditions on with them, and whether or not it's politically correct to say it I'm glad they're still there. I hope it stays like that for a long time. If you ever get the chance, go to a basketball game or a football game at one of those schools. It's a blast. Heck, everything about Prairie View is fun.

KTJ
08-05-2006, 12:23 PM
1.) Ramonce was a head-case. He will never be allowed back on the campus of The University, unless he's visiting a friend.

2.) There was an article several years back on how more historically black colleges are seeing a dramatic increase in white enrollment. The article said the white kids and their parents found they could get a great education at half the price. I thought that was interesting.

Sweetwater Red
08-05-2006, 12:25 PM
You live, you learn. The black population still makes up something like 94% of Prairie View's student body, so schools like that definitely carry their culture and traditions on with them, and whether or not it's politically correct to say it I'm glad they're still there. I hope it stays like that for a long time. If you ever get the chance, go to a basketball game or a football game at one of those schools. It's a blast. Heck, everything about Prairie View is fun.

And the A&M vs. Southern halftime shows are awesome. :D

big daddy russ
08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
And the A&M vs. Southern halftime shows are awesome. :D
You ain't lying.

big daddy russ
08-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
2.) There was an article several years back on how more historically black colleges are seeing a dramatic increase in white enrollment. The article said the white kids and their parents found they could get a great education at half the price. I thought that was interesting.
That's interesting, but it makes sense. I read a study in one of my government classes a few years ago that said that students today are forced to work more than students 20 years ago so that they can keep up with the rising cost of living. Makes sense that some of those kids (and parents) would just say 'screw it' and spend a little less on school so they won't have to work their way through college.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
What if your aunt had balls?

She would be your uncle!

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-05-2006, 12:44 PM
I doubt that Texas College is half the price. In fact I believe that Texas College is a private college and I would even suggest that they may be twice the price.

If Bomar is allowed to participate in NCAA I would bet he goes to Commerce where his dad has connections with the coach. If not he may jump to NAIA.

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 11:07 AM

guess someone hit the nail on the head with this one the day of the bomar situation breaking

spiveyrat
08-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Why is UT playing SHSU in the first place? That does absolutely nothing for their "strength of schedule" (BCS standing) which could come back to bite them. :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
08-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Why is UT playing SHSU in the first place? That does absolutely nothing for their "strength of schedule" (BCS standing) which could come back to bite them. :thinking:

it really doesnt matter i dont think... they play tOSU which helps...

DaHop72
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Why is UT playing SHSU in the first place? UIL realignment.:devil: :devil: :devil:

Bearkat
08-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
UIL realignment.:devil: :devil: :devil:

:clap: :D :clap:

JT44
08-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Texas State still beats SHSU for the southland title and another run at a DII title

Adidas410s
08-29-2006, 01:32 PM
to calm Phil's nerves...last year Tech played SHSU after Daugherty trasnferred there...and needless to say it wasn't even close! :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
08-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Texas State still beats SHSU for the southland title and another run at a DII title Not DII, D1-AA

j_dog
08-29-2006, 03:26 PM

Yes, scary indeed. For SHSU! :D I don't even know why Sam scheduled UT, except for a big payday! :)