PDA

View Full Version : More Ou Trouble?

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
read on another board that the school is now investigating the fact that Petersons father is now out of Prison and working at a Car Dealership in Oklahoma. HMMMMM......interesting!

this could be BS but the post said that a radio station in Oklahoma was talking about this

Cameron Crazy
08-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Crazy stuff!

District303aPastPlayer
08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
read on another board that the school is now investigating the fact that Petersons father is now out of Prison and working at a Car Dealership in Oklahoma. HMMMMM......interesting!

this could be BS but the post said that a radio station in Oklahoma was talking about this

so how does his dad coming out of prison complicate things... it ell you what, the NCAA is weird. because once you become a college athlete... i believe you cant take money as a gift til you pass on or something like that.

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
sounds like a funny joke to me...

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so how does his dad coming out of prison complicate things... it ell you what, the NCAA is weird. because once you become a college athlete... i believe you cant take money as a gift til you pass on or something like that.

how does it complicate things? It could possible be the same dealership that paid Bomar and the same dealership that gave Peterson a Lexus to drive for months without paying for it.

KindaCool
08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Adrian Peterson was on Cold Pizza earlier this week and they (the guys on Cold Pizza) asked AP how he would deal with his father getting out of prison during mid-season - his father has never seen him play before, thats coming straight from Peterson - i doubt he's out and working at the car dealership already

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
you could be right. Im just going by what the station said. IF he is out and working at the dealership then there is a BIG problem. If hes still in prison then that radio station is stupid!

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
i researched a little bit and his father has been released from prison. I found that he has been moved to a halfway house in Dallas.

luvhoops34
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i researched a little bit and his father has been released from prison. I found that he has been moved to a halfway house in Dallas.

How in the hell do you find this stuff out?

injuredinmelee
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
How in the hell do you find this stuff out?

with the invention of the internet there is nothing secret anymore.

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
with the invention of the internet there is nothing secret anymore.

yeah...there are tons of articles out there. He will be released two days before OU plays UT at the Cotton Bowl

Emerson1
08-04-2006, 01:14 PM
How has he been released from prison and living at a halfway house, if he isn't gonna be released until 2 days before the rosebowl starts.

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How has he been released from prison and living at a halfway house, if he isn't gonna be released until 2 days before the rosebowl starts.

he will be released from the halfway house 2 days before the Red River Classic

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Peterson's father released: Adrian Peterson's father, incarcerated since his son was in the seventh grade, has been moved to a halfway house in Dallas and has a projected release date of Oct. 5. Two days later, in that same city, the Oklahoma Sooners play Texas in the Cotton Bowl. "If everything goes good, he should be there," the OU tailback said. "It's going to be crazy, being able to look in the stands, see him. Maybe be the extra drive I'll need." (NewsOK.com)