PDA

View Full Version : Trans Texas Corridor

luvhoops34
08-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Anybody on here know where I can find information on this. It's proposed to go thru Wilson County and I would really like to see the exact proposed route.

Chief Woodman
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
It is so early that the exact proposed route is basicly useless.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Anybody on here know where I can find information on this. It's proposed to go thru Wilson County and I would really like to see the exact proposed route.

http://www.keeptexasmoving.com/

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Anyone else here completely against this?

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Anyone else here completely against this?

I'm not completely against it...I just think there's an easier way. But if you are completely against it, drive Interstate 35 from San Antonio to Dallas a few times.

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I'm not completely against it...I just think there's an easier way. But if you are completely against it, drive Interstate 35 from San Antonio to Dallas a few times.
I've done it. That's why I take the backroads.

But from everything I've heard, it's supposed to be a toll road. Seems like these days, the state government wants to fix all their transportation problems by putting up toll roads. Look at Houston. There are what, two or three tollways in that city alone.

If they're going to make me pay, there'd better not be a speed limit.

Lang lebend die deutsche Autobahn!

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I'm not completely against it

That's where I'm at on this issue... there is really no easier way for the construction, but they need to make it easy for the people the construction would effect...

I think something has to be done as our population keeps on rising... it's good that they're looking ahead, but as for now I'd vote no... they need to build it double decker all around or something, like that bridge I went on in Philly...

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:28 PM

Lang lebend die deutsche Autobahn!

Ich möchte auf reisen Autobahn....

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Ich möchte auf reisen Autobahn....
Mich auch. In einem Porsche 933.

pirate4state
08-04-2006, 12:34 PM
If they're going to make me pay, there'd better not be a speed limit. :eek: There are speed limits on the toll road? :eek: :evillaugh Guess I was always too busy speeding to notice. ;)

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Mich auch. In einem Porsche 933.

Und werfen Sie das Lenkrad aus dem Fenster?

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:44 PM
That's where I'm at on this issue... there is really no easier way for the construction, but they need to make it easy for the people the construction would effect...

I think something has to be done as our population keeps on rising... it's good that they're looking ahead, but as for now I'd vote no... they need to build it double decker all around or something, like that bridge I went on in Philly...

I also think they need to build it a little bit further away from I-35, it's almost touching it in some areas. Between 10-20 miles away seems like a good distance.

The reason why they want to build tollways, to whoever ranted about that, is because our state government is broke. We don't have enough money to fund major transportation projects like TTC-35.

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Und werfen Sie das Lenkrad aus dem Fenster?
Gehen Sie stellend Ideen in meinen Kopf nicht.

District303aPastPlayer
08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
we are in America, speak english :)

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Gehen Sie stellend Ideen in meinen Kopf nicht.

Ha... Sie sind für Ihre eigenen Tätigkeiten verantwortlich...

können Sie trinken, während Sie auf den Autobahn fahren? Ich konnte ein Paar für die Fahrt nehmen wünschen, wenn ich überhaupt gehe

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
we are in America, speak english :)

Dieses ist ein Anzeige Brett, in dem wir Internet sprechen

heh

Gobbla2001
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
been fun but I gotsta go back to work.... dammit...

Aller Sie genießen den Rest Ihrer Tage

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:55 PM
The reason why they want to build tollways, to whoever ranted about that, is because our state government is broke. We don't have enough money to fund major transportation projects like TTC-35.
That was me. I know they're busted and it's only going to get worse when Bush leaves office and stops sending us more federal money than any other state, but I think they need to start working on other solutions instead of just charging us for their screw ups.

It's like when the state govt was pressured by the feds to cut down smog around Houston, the guys in Austin figured that they could put a band aid on it and just lower the speed limit to 55. They didn't have any outside research done, and instead of making it better it just made it worse. Rush hour lasted an extra 30-45 minutes because of those 15 mph, and smog in the city actually went up. The bad thing about it all was they millions of dollars (it's been so long since I've studied this, I can't remember the exact figure) on those street signs to change over to 55, then they went through it all again raising it back up to 70.

In the end, this screws over those farmers in the rural areas around the TTC more than anyone. Top that off with the fact that they're starting a policy of "charge them if they want to drive on a freeway" and it's a slippery slope from there.

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Ha... Sie sind für Ihre eigenen Tätigkeiten verantwortlich...

können Sie trinken, während Sie auf den Autobahn fahren? Ich konnte ein Paar für die Fahrt nehmen wünschen, wenn ich überhaupt gehe
LOL. I'm easily persuaded.

Take it easy, Gob.

luvhoops34
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I found the website and checked out the map of the various proposed routes. If they stick with their favorite which goes through the very northern part of Wilson County I'll be ok.

But, if they go with the lower route, I don't know. It looks awful close to my place. Too close.

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I found the website and checked out the map of the various proposed routes. If they stick with their favorite which goes through the very northern part of Wilson County I'll be ok.

But, if they go with the lower route, I don't know. It looks awful close to my place. Too close.
Look on the bright side. Your property value would go up like no other.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 01:01 PM

The lower route has already been decided against. They announced that earlier this week.

luvhoops34
08-04-2006, 01:09 PM
The lower route has already been decided against. They announced that earlier this week.

Are you talking about the lower route thru Wilson County specifically?

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
That was me. I know they're busted and it's only going to get worse when Bush leaves office and stops sending us more federal money than any other state, but I think they need to start working on other solutions instead of just charging us for their screw ups.

It's like when the state govt was pressured by the feds to cut down smog around Houston, the guys in Austin figured that they could put a band aid on it and just lower the speed limit to 55. They didn't have any outside research done, and instead of making it better it just made it worse. Rush hour lasted an extra 30-45 minutes because of those 15 mph, and smog in the city actually went up. The bad thing about it all was they millions of dollars (it's been so long since I've studied this, I can't remember the exact figure) on those street signs to change over to 55, then they went through it all again raising it back up to 70.

In the end, this screws over those farmers in the rural areas around the TTC more than anyone. Top that off with the fact that they're starting a policy of "charge them if they want to drive on a freeway" and it's a slippery slope from there.

1. Our state, like every other state in the USA, has no idea how to budget efficiently
2. Prove to me that the truckers will drive on TTC-35 instead of I-35. They haven't yet. That's one reason why I am against this.
3. I am OK with a toll as long as the toll is lifted after the highway is paid for.
4. I'm not sure if it's a policy of "charge them if they want to drive on a freeway" or not. I think it's more of a policy of "charge them if they want to drive on this freeway."
5. All that being said, here's what I would do:

First, cancel all plans to widen Interstate 35. Transfer money allocated to those projects to TTC-35.
Then, begin work on TTC-35. Build four lanes in each direction. Open these up to trucking traffic as a freeway. Passenger vehicles may not use TTC-35; large trucks will not be allowed on Interstate 35 between San Antonio and Dallas. Then, years down the road, build four more lanes in each direction as a tollway. This will be for passenger vehicles. Once the bill for TTC-35 construction is completely paid off, lift the toll.

I must say that the one thing that really excites me about TTC-35 is the rail plan.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Are you talking about the lower route thru Wilson County specifically?

The lower (gray) route as a whole.

At least this is what I heard on my local news.

Old Tiger
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Anyone else here completely against this? I am because it would mess up hunting and farming. Many towns rely on passer byes and it would have no major exits to smaller towns who rely on the passer byes to gain revenue from the business'. Farmers would have to travel 20 minutes to just reacha field a few miles away.

Aesculus gilmus
08-04-2006, 05:41 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50451

This has nothing to do with state government mismanagement. As Jerome Corsi has been pointing out, this is all about doing away with the borders between Mexico, the U.S. and Canada and declaring a "North American Union" by 2010.

You are living in the last few years of the USA.