PDA

View Full Version : Today's Food Thread---Pizza....

Bullaholic
08-04-2006, 10:42 AM
How do you like you pizza? Thick or thin? What kind of toppings? What's the best pizza you ever ate? Is $16 for a large pizza with 3 toppings too much?

For me:

Thin crust Pepperoni or Supreme
Best Pizza: Uno's in Ft. Worth on Sundance Square (Chicago style)
$16 for a GOOD large pizza is not too bad.

When my son was at TCU he says the fraternities used to "pool" their orders and call in 50 pizzas at a time. He said they got unbelievable bargains at that quantity. Pizza places around the major universities are "big" business.

(Let me know if any of you grow "tired" of food threads---I'm just trying to help "tread" water" along with everybody else until the season starts.....)

DaHop72
08-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Thick
Canadian bacon
Sausage
Bacon Bits
Hamburger

Veggies weren't meant to be on pizza.

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Beef, tomato, and onions on regular (or "hand tossed") crust.

CenTexSports
08-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Thin crust Supreme or super supreme with extra sauce from Pizza Hut.

But I do like their vege pizza.

Bullaholic
08-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Wonder if RM or LHPM have a "pizza " story. You know as many kids as they have hauled over the years, there's got to be one there somewhere.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Favorite:

Sausage. No cheese.

Second favorite:

Pepperoni & Mushrooms w/cheese

Hand-tossed crust on both

pirate44
08-04-2006, 10:55 AM
another food i cant choose how i like it. but my favorite pizza is
1. Metro Pizza - Las Vegas
2. Dentonis - Corpus Christi
3. some pizza place i cant remember the name - just outside of Chicago in Wisconsin
4. CPK - Las vegas
5. any place nearby

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 10:55 AM
i love sausage, mmmmmmm, sausage

*tires screech as AJ heads to pizza hut*

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
another food i cant choose how i like it. but my favorite pizza is
1. Metro Pizza - Las Vegas
2. Dentonis - Corpus Christi
3. some pizza place i cant remember the name - just outside of Chicago in Wisconsin
4. CPK - Las vegas
5. any place nearby

Where is Dentoni's at? I've never been there.

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Where is Dentoni's at? I've never been there.

Downtown CC, near Executive Surf Club. I can't remember the street though...:thinking:

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Downtown CC, near Executive Surf Club. I can't remember the street though...:thinking:

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

luvhoops34
08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Gotta have my pan pizza from pizza hut. I always use coupons, though. Because $16 is waaay to much to pay for a pizza.

Personally, I like italian sausage with extra cheese and onions.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wonder if RM or LHPM have a "pizza " story. You know as many kids as they have hauled over the years, there's got to be one there somewhere.
:D A few days ago, we decided to order from the local place. Pretty dang good pizza! We've ordered a couple of times this summer and the youngest son was gone for a month. # 55 has been in heaven because we'd order the "adult" version (with veggies) and then the "kid" large meat only version. Anyway, when I was placing the order, # 55 was a tad ticked that I only ordered ONE kid large...with little brother back, he didn't get it all to himself. :D

Blastoderm55
08-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I love most pizza. Except thin crust from Dominos and Supreme from anywhere. My favorite would be a homemade concoction featuring a wheat crust, alfredo sauce, spicy shredded chicken and fresh spinach. My-tee tay-stee! :D

GreenMonster
08-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Any kind, just about anyways. No olives, sardines, or fruit of any kind. Thick, thin doesn't matter I like pizza. My favorite place to eat pizza is a buffet. I don't care, I like all types of pizza. MMMMMMMMMM, now I'm gonna have to join AJ with the screeching tire bit.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Any kind, just about anyways. No olives, sardines, or fruit of any kind. Thick, thin doesn't matter I like pizza. My favorite place to eat pizza is a buffet. I don't care, I like all types of pizza. MMMMMMMMMM, now I'm gonna have to join AJ with the screeching tire bit.

A buffet?

I love the places up east that sell pizza by the slice. Calzones too.

Blastoderm55
08-04-2006, 11:42 AM
A buffet?

Mall pizza rules.

Buccaneer
08-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Pizza is like shrimp. No matter how you cook it it is hard to screw it up! Hmmmm shrimp pizza!

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Mall pizza rules.

I remember that place that used to be in Sunrise Mall, I believe it was Giovanni's. That was good mall pizza.:cool:

Blastoderm55
08-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't go that far. I've had some pretty nasty shrimp to go along with some flat out awful pizza. Burned is burned. :p Plus stuffed shrimp always makes me sick.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 11:44 AM
I remember that place that used to be in Sunrise Mall, I believe it was Giovanni's. That was good mall pizza.:cool:

Any pizza is better than Sbarro's.

Blastoderm55
08-04-2006, 11:44 AM

I remember Sbarro's from Sunrise. Villa Pizza at Padre Staples is pretty much the same thing.

SintonFan
08-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Mother's Pizza in Annaville before they closed was pretty darn good stuff.
When on a budget, I loves me some Totinos thin and crispy pizza. Mexican style, of course.

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I remember Sbarro's from Sunrise. Villa Pizza at Padre Staples is pretty much the same thing.

I'm showing my age here, but Giovanni's was an original Sunrise Mall tenant. It was there before they even had a food court. It was on the first floor, near where Aladdin's Castle used to be.

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Mother's Pizza in Annaville before they closed was pretty darn good stuff.

It was a tradition for us to eat there after Little League baseball games. They had a sweet table-top Space Invaders!:cool:

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
It was a tradition for us to eat there after Little League baseball games. They had a sweet table-top Space Invaders!:cool:

I remember going in there a few years before it closed, they had a table-top Galaga. Fun times.

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Im not really much of a pizza eater!!

But I do like the Schwann's "Mexican" Pizza.

As far as my "pizza story" goes. I found an entire pizza, minus one slice, still on the pizza pan underneath my son's couch in his room a few months back.

CHS_CS and StangGirl2007 have seen his room...they will understand!!:D

SintonFan
08-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Im not really much of a pizza eater!!

But I do like the Schwann's "Mexican" Pizza.

As far as my "pizza story" goes. I found an entire pizza, minus one slice, still on the pizza pan underneath my son's couch in his room a few months back.

CHS_CS and StangGirl2007 has seen his room...they will understand!!:D
Maybe he was hoping it would eventually turn into crude oil and save a buck.:inlove:

Blastoderm55
08-04-2006, 12:04 PM
If it were pan from Pizza Hut maybe.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 12:04 PM
You just HAD to go there. Grrrrrrrrr

Frank & Angie's - between 5th and 6th in Austin. They have AWESOME pizza.....lunch special - slice (about 1/6 of an 18") and salad or soup - $4.99 (I think). Mmmmmmmmmm

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You just HAD to go there. Grrrrrrrrr

Frank & Angie's - between 5th and 6th in Austin. They have AWESOME pizza.....lunch special - slice (about 1/6 of an 18") and salad or soup - $4.99 (I think). Mmmmmmmmmm

Ok, I'm getting hungry just reading that.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Ok, I'm getting hungry just reading that.
Well, since you brought up "slices", how about this? Roasted garlic and meatball slice... :p

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, since you brought up "slices", how about this? Roasted garlic and meatball slice... :p

I'd try one!

pirate4state
08-04-2006, 12:30 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/p4s90/pizza.jpg

Yummy....pizza at Lombardi's in NYC!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Only option in Sinton is Pizza Hut. Thin crust and good 'ol pepperoni. :) There is this small family owned place in Mansfield that is really good too. Pizza Time, I think is the name of the place.

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Canadian bacon and pineapple's my favorite, but I also like that new fajita pizza from Papa John's a whole lot. A close third would be a Mexican pizza-- the ones with the refried beans.

Favorite pizza joints:
1. Gumby's- College Station, TX (they have a few other locations in other college towns around the US)
2. Twin Pizza- Ingleside, TX (the only non-Chicago style pizza I really like... a thin crust pizza in a deep dish world)
3. Fuzzy's Pizza- Houston, TX
4. Papa John's
5. Papa's Pizza- Mobile, AL

TheDOCTORdre
08-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Calzones too.

mmmmmmmmmm calzones, i remember when I was at UT Jesta Pizza sold calzones and they would cover them with some nice garlic butter, it was pure heaven

piratebg
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
I love my crust hand tossed.

Pepperoni
Canadian Bacon
Italian Sausage

Real men don't eat vegies on the pizza.

I only order from Papa Johns and Mr Gattis, but since none of these are in Sinton, I have to settle for Pizza Hut sometimes.

DU_stud04
08-04-2006, 05:52 PM
i love me some nizza pizza....18' pizza for 9.99 , best new york style pizza ive had in texas.

my favorite pizza is a beef and pepperoni stuff crust :)

my other one is the bacon cheeseburger piza (beef, bacon, chedder) :D