PDA

View Full Version : 3A Region 1 District Picks

Matthew328
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Division 1 teams are in all caps...I'll give my thoughts by request!

1-3A
Monahans
Clint
FORT STOCKTON
Fabens
Pecos
Anthony
Tornillo

3-3A
Snyder
ANDREWS
Midland Greenwood
Lamesa

4-3A
Lubbock Cooper
Seminole
LEVELLAND
Brownfield

5-3A
CANYON
Perryton
Borger
Dalhart

6-3A
Vernon
Graham
BURKBURNETT
Iowa Park
WF Hirschi

7-3A
Sweetwater
ABILENE WYLIE
Breckenridge
Comanche
Clyde

8-3A
DECATUR
Sanger
Bridgeport
Argyle
Gainesville
Bowie

Potential Playoff Matchups

Division 1
Ft. Stockton, BYE
Andrews vs. Levelland
Canyon vs. Burkburnett
Abilene Wylie vs. Decatur

Division 2
Monahans, BYE
Snyder vs. Seminole
Perryton vs. Graham
Sweetwater vs. Bridgeport
Clint, BYE
Midland Greenwood vs. Lubbock Cooper
Borger vs. Vernon
Breckenridge vs. Sanger

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Why are some in CAPS, are they the defending champs?? Maybe not the same district, just former champs??

VWG
08-03-2006, 09:50 PM
You've got Gainesville low, Matt. Why? I know they lost a ton of kids but don't you think they've got the numbers to reload?

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Why are some in CAPS, are they the defending champs?? Maybe not the same district, just former champs??

His pick for DI school!

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs

Division 1 teams are in all caps

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Division 1 teams are in all caps

Thanks!!!!

KTJ
08-03-2006, 10:03 PM
You really think Gainesville will finish 2nd to last?

I hope they surprise some folks this year...

IHStangFan
08-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

1-3A
Monahans
Clint
FORT STOCKTON
Fabens
Pecos
Anthony
Tornillo

3-3A
Snyder
ANDREWS
Midland Greenwood
Lamesa

4-3A
Lubbock Cooper
Seminole
LEVELLAND
Brownfield

5-3A
CANYON
Perryton
Borger
Dalhart

6-3A
Vernon
Graham
BURKBURNETT
Iowa Park
WF Hirschi

7-3A
Sweetwater
ABILENE WYLIE
Breckenridge
Comanche
Clyde

8-3A
DECATUR
Sanger
Bridgeport
Argyle
Gainesville
Bowie

Division 1
Ft. Stockton, BYE
Andrews vs. Levelland
Canyon vs. Burkburnett

Division 2
Monahans, BYE
Snyder vs. Seminole
Perryton vs. Graham
Clint, BYE
Borger vs. Vernon
Breckenridge vs. Sanger wow...how funny...all of the names of these small towns have a diff. meaning to me this evening...as I drove from Houston to Liberal, KS last night, and back to Pampa, TX this afternoon. Then tomorrow I may be headed to Wyoming!!:eek:

VWG
08-04-2006, 05:23 PM
ttt

Matthew328
08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I think Gainesville will struggle big time this year....tough district and the Leps lost the house....and then the best player they had back transferred to Cisco!! It'll be tough for Gainesville and that district is very tough

GetRDoneStangs
08-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Speaking of Cisco... I was in Abilene today and a guy from Eastland said that Ciscoe was getting Field Tuef put in... He said it was a cooperation with the Junior College.... Way to go CISCO!!!

VWG
08-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I think Gainesville will struggle big time this year....tough district and the Leps lost the house....and then the best player they had back transferred to Cisco!! It'll be tough for Gainesville and that district is very tough

Who transferred? Their QB West?
That would be his third school in three years. Dad is a coach. Was at 4A Mineral Wells in 2004, Gainesville in 2005, now Cisco?

Matthew328
08-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Yes, West's dad was the OC under Cordell...when Cordell left he put in for the HC job and Gainesville chose Matt Young...West ended up at Cisco

VWG
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM
With West moving that does put a new spin on Gainesville's season. Who will replace West? JV QB from last year?

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-05-2006, 12:49 AM
I think you may have something in district 6.

The only thing about Vernon is I have no idea who will be calling the plays??? I think they have a talented team this year.

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 10:16 AM

1-3A
Monahans
Clint
FORT STOCKTON
Fabens
Pecos
Anthony
Tornillo

3-3A
Snyder
ANDREWS
Midland Greenwood
Lamesa

4-3A
Lubbock Cooper
Seminole
LEVELLAND
Brownfield

5-3A
CANYON
Perryton
Borger
Dalhart

6-3A
Vernon
Graham
BURKBURNETT
Iowa Park
WF Hirschi

7-3A
Sweetwater
ABILENE WYLIE
Breckenridge
Comanche
Clyde

8-3A
DECATUR
Sanger
Bridgeport
Argyle
Gainesville
Bowie

Division 1
Ft. Stockton, BYE
Andrews vs. Levelland
Canyon vs. Burkburnett

Division 2
Monahans, BYE
Snyder vs. Seminole
Perryton vs. Graham
Clint, BYE
Borger vs. Vernon
Breckenridge vs. Sanger

Switch Sweetwater and Wylie in District 7 and you might have all of your picks right.

Matthew328
08-05-2006, 03:51 PM
IMO Wylie is in a transition year...they are still gonna be real tough but Sweetwater has too many key parts back to put them behind Wylie

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 04:27 PM
IMO Wylie is in a transition year...they are still gonna be real tough but Sweetwater has too many key parts back to put them behind Wylie

We shall see. Tatum quickly exploited their weaknesses while playing their worst game of the season.

2004 -- Wylie 13, Sweetwater 7
2005 -- Wylie 26, Sweetwater 3

Matthew328
08-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I think Tatum had the speed across the board and the athletes to exploit Sweetwater...I dunno if Wylie will be able to do that this year...

Sandifer is one of the best game day coaches in the state and always has a few wrinkles up his sleeve especially come playoff time...however I think the loss of Keenum is really going to put a damper of what Wylie can do this year...

that's what so much fun about the season is all the variables that come into play

Black_Magic
08-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I think Wylie will beat Sweetwater this year. Reson is that they alway find a way to beat sweetwater even when they are down. Sweetwater returns two key running backs true. BUT , Graduated nearly the entire D and O lines last year as well as some secondary. QB is a question mark especialy about throwing the ball. It will depend on who can step up and deliver for sweetwater . I see Wylie winning by 14 other wise. Wylie will go to the play offs and if they can get by Canyon they may get an oportunity to play GILMER:D we will see how that goes.

GetRDoneStangs
08-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Switch Sweetwater and Wylie in District 7 and you might have all of your picks right.

Wylie will be the Big school rep from the district... please read earlier post.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh well
08-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Clyde will be a major player in this Dist. They have a chance to get th #2 seat

Black_Magic
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by oh well
Clyde will be a major player in this Dist. They have a chance to get th #2 seat I think so Too. The may be the #2 seed. I think they beat the bucks this year anyway. I dont see them getting less than at least 3rd in that district.