PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

rockdale80
08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Okay guys here is the deal. Since my brothers are no longer playing high school football I will not be attending many Rockdale games this fall. So I am looking to see some other teams play and possible meet some fellow downlow members in the process. The schedule I have so far is

Aug 31st- Greenwood vs. Graham
Oct. 27th Sweetwater is Good vs. Wylie
Nov. 3rd Rockdale vs. Cameron

That leaves a few weeks to fill in and any help would be appreciated.:)

tigerpride_08
08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
too bad wharton is too far...

rockdale80
08-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Wharton is not too far. Look how far I am going to those other games. As long as it is under around 4 or 5 hours I am game

VWG
08-03-2006, 09:32 PM
If you could make Sweetwater/Wylie game that would be a great game to go see.... or it should be. You never know what will happen until then.
Greenwood and Graham play on Thursday night, Aug. 31st.

I don't know when they play but a good game should be Wylie and Graham in Wylie. Wylie will want to beat Graham after Graham took it to them at home last year.
A good 4A matchup would be Aledo and Stephenville. Always a good battle.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by VWG
If you could make Sweetwater/Wylie game that would be a great game to go see.... or it should be. You never know what will happen until then.

I don't know when they play but a good game should be Wylie and Graham in Wylie. Wylie will want to beat Graham after Graham took it to them at home last year.

WHAT??? We play Thursday??

rockdale80
08-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Well I am not trying to jump on any teams bandwagon in particular. Just wanting to see some good football games. I will make the Sweetwater is good/ Wylie game for sure. Just need a few more to fill my schedule. Are you going to the S.I.G./Wylie game?

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Both teams schedules that I found online...Graham/Greenwood, both say Sept 1st...which is a Friday!:confused:

rockdale80
08-03-2006, 10:05 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I think BBDE was going to try to make the Rockdale/LH game. :kiss: :inlove: :kiss:

Bullaholic
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
R80, I don't think you could go wrong with Gilmer/Tatum in Wk 1.

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Okay guys here is the deal. Since my brothers are no longer playing high school football I will not be attending many Rockdale games this fall. So I am looking to see some other teams play and possible meet some fellow downlow members in the process. The schedule I have so far is

80, check out Wimberley's schedule. Talk about a loaded lineup...

Sept. 1 @ Giddings
Sept. 22 vs. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau @ Waxahachie
Sept. 29 vs. Liberty Hill
Oct. 6 vs. Abilene Wylie
Oct. 13 @ Houston St. Thomas
Oct. 27 @ Bandera

Everyone except Houston St. Thomas is a top 20-caliber team... only because St. Thomas is a private school.

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 06:18 AM
I don't know dates/opponents (but can look later), but some good "teams" to catch a game would be Jasper, Liberty-Eylau, WO-S, Giddings, Bellville, Cuero..... Not intending to leave anyone off, because I know there are lots more. :)

wedo
08-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
80, check out Wimberley's schedule. Talk about a loaded lineup...

Sept. 1 @ Giddings
Sept. 22 vs. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau @ Waxahachie
Sept. 29 vs. Liberty Hill
Oct. 6 vs. Abilene Wylie
Oct. 13 @ Houston St. Thomas
Oct. 27 @ Bandera

Everyone except Houston St. Thomas is a top 20-caliber team... only because St. Thomas is a private school.

Unless they fixed their stadium Houston St. Thomas has to have the smallest stadium in the state!!! I played there when i was a Freshman and then the next day the Varsity played!!! It is a one sided stadium that doesnt fit many people!! So whoever goes to that game make sure you go early so you can get a seat!!!!!

CenTexSports
08-04-2006, 07:58 AM
You should see Lago Vista. The home fanes sit in a small set of stands on the side of a hill and the visitors sit in front of them on the ground.

CHS_CG
08-04-2006, 08:00 AM
r80 you should bunk in Rockdale the night of the sinton cuero game and you can carpool with me and maybe fb_gurl if she goes to that game down in sinton!

wedo
08-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
You should see Lago Vista. The home fanes sit in a small set of stands on the side of a hill and the visitors sit in front of them on the ground.

NVM that does sound worse!!! When i played at ST. Thomas there were sand pockets in the grass which made it hard to run!!!

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

A co-worker of mine graduated from Lago Vista in the late 80's and they didn't even have football then.:eek:

Adidas410s
08-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

true...true...I'm thinking about making this one.

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
r80 you should bunk in Rockdale the night of the sinton cuero game and you can carpool with me and maybe fb_gurl if she goes to that game down in sinton!

If we play that night (and not Thursday night as has been indicated) he said he wants to go to our game and meet ME!!:tongue:

wedo
08-04-2006, 08:39 AM
CHS_CG i think RM might have persuaded r80!!!

I don't blame him!!!

44INAROW
08-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I am making a bold prediction about this game......

It will most likely be Standing Room Only :D

tigerpride_08
08-04-2006, 11:14 AM
you have to check out the wharton/west columbia game down here October 13th...

SintonFan
08-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80

Come to the Sinton-Cuero game. There's gonna be a huge MnG at that game.:)

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Come to the Sinton-Cuero game. There's gonna be a huge MnG at that game.:)

When is that game?? Aug 31st??

He's already got a date with me!!:D

SintonFan
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When is that game?? Aug 31st??

He's already got a date with me!!:D
Our MnG will be bigger than yours.:p

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Our MnG will be bigger than yours.:p
So? :p Hers will have RM there. :D

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Exactly!!:thumbsup:

SintonFan
08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So????
Well...
huh
well....
jeez I'm stumped and can't top that...:o

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 01:43 PM
So????
Well...
huh
well....
jeez I'm stumped and can't top that...:o

Well.....I guess you can. Just found out for sure that the Greenwood/Graham game IS on Thursday and NOT Frday.

I was planning to go to the Snyder/Monahans game that night too.

This is just my luck...........hmmm, if I win the lottery between now and then, I may have to go the Sinton/Cuero game myself!

SintonFan
08-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well.....I guess you can. Just found out for sure that the Greenwood/Graham game IS on Thursday and NOT Frday.

I was planning to go to the Snyder/Monahans game that night too.

This is just my luck...........hmmm, if I win the lottery between now and then, I may have to go the Sinton/Cuero game myself!
Do you play the lottery?:(

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am making a bold prediction about this game......

It will most likely be Standing Room Only :D that's why i'm trying to work chains for this bad baby

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Do you play the lottery?:(

LOL!! No:)

As expensive as gas is right now, I couldn't even rationalize going. It would probably be cheaper flying into Austin or something.