PDA

View Full Version : Who Hit That Home Run?

Phil C
08-12-2003, 03:26 PM
In the girls softball field in Sinton the batters face the southeast where the wind flows in their faces so there have been very few home runs on this field. I mean by home run by a hit over the fense so needless to say the field is pitcher friendly. I have heard the first one that ever hit a home run on that field was one from Orange Grove so if anyone knows who she was please post her name here. Fortunately Sinton won that game. The other one was from Sinton named Tracie Garcia and I think she did it in her junior year. Home runs (over the fence) don't happen here very often.

Old Cardinal
08-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Phil, I started laughing at the configuration of your girls field. At Bridge City, the girls field faces the predominate South-Southeast wind, for that time of year, also. Now the Boys have a cross wind and they try to pull the HR balls to left field, to ride it out of the park! Most all fields at High Schools have the girls field facing south or southeast. Phil, we still had Laura Gremillion, Jessica Lemoine and Meagan Godwin hit multiple HRs last year. The only outsider to get a HR was Holly Tankersley, from Kirbyville, in their 12-1 lost to Bridge City in preseason... The fence is 190'....Next season, Godwin and Lemoine, will be joined by Jessica Sartin, Hailey Simonton, Kaleigh Wallace, Elena Clinton, Christina Jacquess, and maybe Ashley Laparolorie-with the capability to knock it over the BC Softball fence; even facing a little breeze....Would others, across 3A share, with us what direction the prevailing wind comes from at your softball field. Also, the distance---and who do you know has the ability to knock a HR?

<small>[ August 12, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

PhiI C
08-12-2003, 10:09 PM
There are several that can hit home runs in South Texas. Jackie Deleon will be a senior for Sinton this year and if anyone can do it she can. We will just have to wait and see.

Old Cardinal
08-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Phil, down this way, I would say that C. Worley(Lufkin Hudson), Allie-the pitcher(Hamshire-Fannett), Gonzalez(Barbers Hill), C. Witte-Catcher(Caldwell); and possiblely Hope Tankersley(Holly's little sister, at Kirbyville), all have the capabilites to develop into HR hitters by next season.