PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Leap Movie coming!

Phil C
08-03-2006, 09:41 AM
I think it will be a made for tv movie and may be on the sci fi channel but I am not sure yet. It will star the two original actors from the popular television series with Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett and Dean Stockwell as Al. It will be produced by the same producer Donald P. Bellisario. It is called "Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward." The tv series Quantum Leap was a popular series that ran from 1988 to 1993 for five years. The last episode left everyone hanging and this movie has been requested by the fans for many years and hopefully it won't disappoint. The SciFi Channel ran reruns of the series for a long time and may bring them back even though unfortunately parts of the episodes were edited (which means chopped up and scenes deleted) and sometimes they did a poor job of it. They did the chopping up so they could have more commercials.
I am looking forward to this movie which is still in production and hope it delivers and doesn't disappoint.

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think it will be a made for tv movie and may be on the sci fi channel but I am not sure yet. It will star the two original actors from the popular television series with Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett and Dean Stockwell as Al. It will be produced by the same producer Donald P. Bellisario. It is called "Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward." The tv series Quantum Leap was a popular series that ran from 1988 to 1993 for five years. The last episode left everyone hanging and this movie has been requested by the fans for many years and hopefully it won't disappoint. The SciFi Channel ran reruns of the series for a long time and may bring them back even though unfortunately parts of the episodes were edited (which means chopped up and scenes deleted) and sometimes they did a poor job of it. They did the chopping up so they could have more commercials.
I am looking forward to this movie which is still in production and hope it delivers and doesn't disappoint.

I use to love that show when I was younger. When it went in to
syndication I just couldn't get into watching re-runs. I think part
of the hook of the show was how they would end one episode
with the beginning of the next episode. You know what I mean?

pirate44
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
wow, i cant wait. i love time travel type movies, and i loved that tv show. it was my favorite at the time.

BJG40
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm not a huge sci-fi fan but this show is great. It used to come on at like 1 oclock in the morning so I would watch an episode after my games on fri to wind down. Thanks for the info Phil.

piratebg
08-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool. I used to love to watch this show as a kid. I know that they have been talking about a movie for several years now, but they could never get one off the ground.