PDA

View Full Version : Best High School Broadcast

GetRDoneStangs
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
This one could be interesting.....:D :D

What Radio Station (or crew that may work for differnt stations) do you think does the most professional job? I mean they can't be such "Homers" that they nearly get in trouble with the FCC or UIL with their broadcast.

This could be very interesting......:thinking: :thinking:

In no particular order:

KBST... Big Spring (4a).. Very professional and do not homer it up. I havn't heard them in a year or so, but they were good.

KXOX.. Sweetwater... I can honestly say does a great job without being homers, I felt that way 20 years ago when I moved here and wasn't a true mustang fan yet. There will be some changes this year in the booth. Back will be the same guys in the booth from 2 years ago and will have 2 sideline reporters (I will be one again this year...I work cheap.. they pay for the gas, buy supper ,get into the game and "Roam" the sidelines....

Let's hear what y'all have to say about your broadcast crews!!

Be honest and don't forget to Show That Compassion!

kepdawg
08-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm sure that Snyder's broadcast is the best.

Ranger Mom
08-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I haven't listened to many radio broadcasts of games...but I can tell you the one's I have enjoyed the most are when two of our own posters annouced it together.

TxBroadcaster and Manck!

I don't think I have ever enjoyed a game I was only listening to as much as the games I listened to them announce!!

kaorder1999
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
i used to broadcast....i consider myself one of the best...joke

the short time i was boadcasting was fun. Had the chance to broadcast a state championship football game and state championship baseball game for forney.
:) :)

GetRDoneStangs
08-02-2006, 07:47 PM
I enjoy the sideline because the guys upstairs are calling the game and it gives me freedom to do reports from the crowd, or any "little" thing that may be going on that they can't see...It is a blast!! Interviewing some of the "Shy" players after the game is lot's of fun...

Maroon87
08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
I used to do the play-by-play thing for Kingsville HS when I was in college there. Also did A&I basketball. My broadcast partner then, Mike Smith, does A&M-Kingsville football now and is top notch. He also used to do Alice HS games and was in a class by himself then too, so I'd have to say he was the best but again I'm a little biased.;)

LoboFan07
08-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
TxBroadcaster and Manck!

Amen! :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Nope, far from it.

TxBroadcaster and Manck!

I don't think I have ever enjoyed a game I was only listening to as much as the games I listened to them announce!!

Gotta agree with you. I listened to them broadcast Gilmer Vs. Jasper and thought they were very good.

injuredinmelee
08-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Anyone ever listen to the Wylie guys?

The worst I have ever heard is the guys from Graham. They were screaming into the mic. It was like they were letting the high school speech class take turns at the mic every week.

I did enjoy TXbroadcasters calls i have heard.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2006, 09:55 PM
FIRST off thanks for all the kind words..Always Loved you guys

ALSO I post this at the request of a PM

Keenum Call (http://mmslb.eonstreams.com/b/krrp/Keenum.wma)

Snyder_TigerFan
08-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Anyone ever listen to the Wylie guys?

I can't remember their names, but IMO one is good (Chase?) and the other is too much of a homer.

Snydertigersrul
08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

The best way to learn what a"homer" is to listen to the Snyder radio broadcasts.

injuredinmelee
08-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I can't remember their names, but IMO one is good (Chase?) and the other is too much of a homer.

Trace Michaels and Bill Whitaker. Know them both and love em both. Good guys

injuredinmelee
08-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

thnaks for the link. I have a new puter and didnt have that link saved. Need to save it at work too.

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Nope, far from it.

Gotta agree with you. I listened to them broadcast Gilmer Vs. Jasper and thought they were very good.

Sad thing is our archive of that broadcast is lost forever

Bull Butter
08-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I used to do the play-by-play thing for Kingsville HS when I was in college there. Also did A&I basketball. My broadcast partner then, Mike Smith, does A&M-Kingsville football now and is top notch. He also used to do Alice HS games and was in a class by himself then too, so I'd have to say he was the best but again I'm a little biased.;)

I will agree that Mike Smith is an outstanding announcer. I have met the man and he is class all the way. Here's to many more years of him and Tiger Womack doing the Javelinas.

Also, as I posted on the 4A board, Vito Duran, who has done Gregory-Portland games on the radio for over 30 years is an outstanding announcer.

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Sad thing is our archive of that broadcast is lost forever

What happened to it? :(

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM

Just listened to the link....it gave me goosebumps!!

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Also, as I posted on the 4A board, Vito Duran, who has done Gregory-Portland games on the radio for over 30 years is an outstanding announcer.

GP reads all their commercials (why does that word not look right?) on air...a few years back I started laughing at this one:

Play-by-play guy: Well Vito, it's been a hot summer, and it's going to be a cold winter.
Vito: It is?????????? (pause) Oh, yeah, it is.

Later on in that game:

Play-by-play guy: You know, (insert name of boat storage place) can really get you out of the doghouse.
Vito: Really? I need to go there then.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also laughed when I first listened to the Cuero broadcasts with the analyst named "Grandpa"

Terry, the Gilmer-Jasper game was probably the best game you guys have ever done. I'm sad that it is no longer available.

44INAROW
08-03-2006, 09:01 AM

DANG, It felt like I was sitting there :)

44INAROW
08-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat

I also laughed when I first listened to the Cuero broadcasts with the analyst named "Grandpa"

Sadly, unless another station picks up us, Grandpa and Joe won't be on the air this year. The radio station 104.7 had 28 sponsors last season to broadcast Cuero games, but has decided to drop the Gobblers and broadcast the Victoria Vapors I mean Vipers this season, If anyone knows of a station that would like to broadcast the Gobbler games, please contact Coach Reeve...... (he made this announcement last night at Booster Club so I think it's OK to post on here)

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Sadly, unless another station picks up us, Grandpa and Joe won't be on the air this year. The radio station 104.7 had 28 sponsors last season to broadcast Cuero games, but has decided to drop the Gobblers and broadcast the Victoria Vapors I mean Vipers this season, If anyone knows of a station that would like to broadcast the Gobbler games, please contact Coach Reeve...... (he made this announcement last night at Booster Club so I think it's OK to post on here)

Have him ask 98.7 FM. They might do it.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Why in the world would anyone want to broadcast a Victoria game over Cuero??

Is Victoria any good??

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Just listened to the link....it gave me goosebumps!!

It's killing me to not be able to listen to it at work. I'll have to do it tonight for sure...

44INAROW
08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Why in the world would anyone want to broadcast a Victoria game over Cuero??

Is Victoria any good??

They've made some coaching changes, so I guess only time will tell -

Someone has a call into 98.7 - that would be sweet if they did the broadcast!:)

yoemenkracker30
08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
KMIL in Cameron is usually pretty good on their broadcasts, they were a lot better a few years ago when they had Rob Reed but he's in Cali now

spiveyrat
08-03-2006, 09:34 AM
I haven't listened to many radio broadcasts of games...but I can tell you the one's I have enjoyed the most are when two of our own posters annouced it together.

TxBroadcaster and Manck!

Gotta agree. I really enjoyed the Jasper/Gilmer game despite them being biased towards Gilmer. ;) :clap:

j/k guys. It was very exciting for both sides in that game!

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What happened to it? :(

In a nutshell..the company I worked for went under, they did not pay the bill for archive...the company that had the archive deleted the whole server for former company.

I have been in talks with the streaming company and they are trying to recover it.

I told them of all the games PLEASE recover that one if nothing else.

STANG RED
08-03-2006, 06:09 PM

I have to agree. They are pretty good, but that one guy is a big time homer.

DU_stud04
08-03-2006, 06:42 PM
definatly not the best, but i might consider them some of the worst. monahans, hahaha.
monahans vs sweetwater game (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38616&highlight=barnyard)

the whole game they were the biggest homers ive ever listened to. even funnier were the comments they made. also mispronouncing "banyard" for "barnyard!"

the commercials really took the cake though....check it out for a good laugh

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
definatly not the best, but i might consider them some of the worst. monahans, hahaha.
monahans vs sweetwater game (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38616&highlight=barnyard)

the whole game they were the biggest homers ive ever listened to. even funnier were the comments they made. also mispronouncing "banyard" for "barnyard!"

the commercials really took the cake though....check it out for a good laugh

I listened to the Monahans crew and they sounded like two great professionals. They especially did a good job of describing runs by BARNYARD.

Txbroadcaster
08-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Look as far as a broadcast crew for a team, well they have to be homers. Just the biz. Hometown fans en masse want their broadcast teams to "support" and "root" for the team they are broadcasting for.

When I have been broadcasting for a certain team a whole year, I to have some homerism. It is just the nature of the biz

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Look as far as a broadcast crew for a team, well they have to be homers. Just the biz. Hometown fans en masse want their broadcast teams to "support" and "root" for the team they are broadcasting for.

When I have been broadcasting for a certain team a whole year, I to have some homerism. It is just the nature of the biz

Way to go Txbroadcaster. They must remember who is listening and paying the bills.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM

Until the very end of the Jasper/Gilmer game...I thought yall did a GREAT job. Yall seemed equally excited for each team.

But when that final second ticked away....the homerism shown through...and it was SO NEAT to listen too!!

Eagle 1
08-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Dallas Huston, the voice of the Brownwood Lions for more than 30 years. You can read more about him here:http://www.reporternews.com/abil/fe_people/article/0,1874,ABIL_7933_4107028,00.html

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Offense shuts em up
Defense shuts em out

Thats is sooooo true! Good sig!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Offense shuts em up
Defense shuts em out

Thats is sooooo true! Good sig!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Just like missed extra points at the end of a game.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Just like missed extra points at the end of a game.

You are a real jerk....but I'm sure you already know that!!:rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:34 PM
You are a real jerk....but I'm sure you already know that!!:rolleyes:

Just stating a fact. :devil:

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Just stating a fact. :devil:

Yeah...so was I! :)

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah...so was I! :)

Now Ranger Mom.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Now Ranger Mom.

Yes??

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes??

You know that I'm right, but I understand that you must take up for your friends.

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Just like missed extra points at the end of a game

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/schlafen/sleeping-smiley-008.gif.. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/schlafen/sleeping-smiley-006.gif...http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/schlafen/sleeping-smiley-012.gif

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
You know that I'm right, but I understand that you must take up for your friends.

What in the hell are you talking about?? I'm not taking up for anybody here...I just said you were a JERK.

I know I am right about THAT!!

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?? I'm not taking up for anybody here...I just said you were a JERK.

I know I am right about THAT!!

Calm down Ranger Mom. You don't even know me, so how can you make a judgement. If you doubt my character, ask Black Magic about me. :nerd:

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Calm down Ranger Mom. You don't even know me, so how can you make a judgement. If you doubt my character, ask Black Magic about me. :nerd:

I don't need to ask anyone about you, I can read your hate filled posts for myself.

Frankly...I don't WANNA know you!!:hand:

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't need to ask anyone about you, I can read your hate filled posts for myself.

Frankly...I don't WANNA know you!!:hand:

Thanks for the compliment.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

Anytime!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry GetRdoneStangs...didn't meant to hi-jack this thread!!

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Terry #1!
Manck #1!

Let's get back on subject...

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Terry #1!
Manck #1!

Let's get back on subject...

Oh no, not another Snyder/Sweetwater/Wylie thread. :clap:

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Sorry GetRdoneStangs...didn't meant to hi-jack this thread!!

No problem!! Some things need to be said, besides I am headed out to turn on some water.......SINCE IT DIDN'T RAIN HERE!!

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 08:06 PM
No problem!! Some things need to be said, besides I am headed out to turn on some water.......SINCE IT DIDN'T RAIN HERE!!

It's pouring down here in Snyder.

44INAROW
08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
.......SINCE IT DIDN'T RAIN HERE!!

how long has it been since you'll had any significant rain?

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
how long has it been since you'll had any significant rain?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:.........................

DaHop72
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: It rained in last night and again to night.:devil: :D

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 10:40 PM
SHOW SOME TOPICALITY! :mad:

Snydertigersrul
08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
SHOW SOME TOPICALITY! :mad:

Let's get back to the topic of the thread.

GetRDoneStangs
08-03-2006, 10:44 PM
It rained in last night and again to night.
::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Manck
08-04-2006, 01:10 AM
But when that final second ticked away....the homerism shown through...and it was SO NEAT to listen too!!
Sorry bout that...couldn't really help it.

Fal44
08-04-2006, 01:49 AM
I know are radio station has some of the worst announcers out there uhh but its funny to listen to them they say some pretty funny things from time to time..

Txbroadcaster
08-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
I know are radio station has some of the worst announcers out there uhh but its funny to listen to them they say some pretty funny things from time to time..

some of the FUNNIEST quotes from color guys I have worked with have been guys who were TERRIBLE at it.

GetRDoneStangs
08-04-2006, 06:51 PM
some of the FUNNIEST quotes from color guys I have worked with have been guys who were TERRIBLE at it.

Doing the play by play or color is a pretty tough job. I just could not stay focused that long, I guess I enjoy the game "atmosphere" too much.

Being a sideline reporter, I can free lance and still do my job!! I say hats off to you guys that call the game!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

mistanice
08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Yates Broadcasting does a good job for Lufkin.

Here's a clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK0QF_2ItL0

GetRDoneStangs
08-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Years ago I was in the Booth... doing stats or spoting... and I said something that may have fed into the mic of the Broadcast Crew.... ouch... I won't do that again!!!!:o :o

oh well
08-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I agree the sweetwater crew is very good I have listen to them several times even in Basketball however the guy that does the sideline pulls the group down.

Snydertigersrul
08-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by oh well
I agree the sweetwater crew is very good I have listen to them several times even in Basketball however the guy that does the sideline pulls the group down.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Txbroadcaster
08-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Doing the play by play or color is a pretty tough job. I just could not stay focused that long, I guess I enjoy the game "atmosphere" too much.

See I always try my best to incorporate the atmosphere of the stadium, the fans, the bands, and the game into my broadcast. I want people who listen to the game to enjoy it, not because of what I say, but because they feel they are at the game.

Ranger Mom
08-06-2006, 12:03 AM
See I always try my best to incorporate the atmosphere of the stadium, the fans, the bands, and the game into my broadcast. I want people who listen to the game to enjoy it, not because of what I say, but because they feel they are at the game.

You do a damn good job of it too!!