PDA

View Full Version : At least some good news about OU

Phil C
08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Ex OU star Roy Williams signed a contract with the Cowboys through 2010! Good news indeed. :)

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Ex OU star Roy Williams signed a contract with the Cowboys through 2010! Good news indeed. :)

I bet he still isnt making more than Rhett Bomar.:D

Phil C
08-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I bet he still isnt making more than Rhett Bomar.:D

:D

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
And some good news for UT fans...

The "REAL" Roy Williams will have a better year than Terrell Owens. :D

DaHop72
08-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

The "REAL" Roy Williams will have a better year than Terrell Owens. :D Red, you need to update your sig.:D

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Bomar was working 5 hours/week at a car dealership yet claimed earnings of $18,000. If had worked 50 weeks...that works out to $72/hour.

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Red, you need to update your sig.:D

Yeah, I was going to this morning and then realized I was only
a handful back of neck 06 and Du stud04. I'll do it after I pass
them. :D

Phil C
08-02-2006, 03:52 PM

The "REAL" Roy Williams will have a better year than Terrell Owens. :D

But you have to remember that Detroit still has the Bobby Layne (Ex UT qb) curse on them till 2008.

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 04:06 PM
But you have to remember that Detroit still has the Bobby Layne (Ex UT qb) curse on them till 2008.

Tell me about. Scott Mitchell played like Dan Marino for one year.
That's been it.

Can't forget about the curse of first rounder Bryant "Toast" Westbrook either.

Thanks for Roy and Shaun Rodgers though. Detroit stole Rodgers
in the draft (3rd round if I remeber) due to other teams injury concerns about him. :D

Fal44
08-02-2006, 04:12 PM
and Mike Williams was a horrible pick... They are having to beg him to show up to practice on time also I saw that hes over weight.. Wonder what happened between the time From USC to NFL maybe Maurice Clarrett syndrome..:D

Phil C
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
This web site explains the curse. Remember when you read it that in 1958 players did not make the big money as now and many had to work at off season jobs. Some of the things now are taken for granted since players are payed well but back then dedication was shown and loyalty was expected both ways which Layne felt he didnt' get at Detroit.

http://www.curseofbobbylayne.com/

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
and Mike Williams was a horrible pick... They are having to beg him to show up to practice on time also I saw that hes over weight.. Wonder what happened between the time From USC to NFL maybe Maurice Clarrett syndrome..:D

That's another reason I am expecting big things from Roy. Mike will never be open. Charles Rodgers has the "Ricky Williams-itis :smoker:". So, Roy should be the one to benefit in Mike Martz wide open offense. :D

lepfan
08-02-2006, 11:53 PM

The "REAL" Roy Williams will have a better year than Terrell Owens. :D Facts only please :D

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2006, 09:41 AM
This web site explains the curse. Remember when you read it that in 1958 players did not make the big money as now and many had to work at off season jobs. Some of the things now are taken for granted since players are played well but back then dedication was shown and loyalty was expected both ways which Layne felt he didnt' get at Detroit.

http://www.curseofbobbylayne.com/

:( :( :(

And to think that goes on all the time now. Look at the Patriots. They
are widely considered a dynasty but show no love for their
veterans...just ask Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Willie McGinest, or Adam
Vinitari...amongst others. :thinking:

Phil C
08-03-2006, 09:48 AM
:( :( :(

And to think that goes on all the time now. Look at the Patriots. They
are widely considered a dynasty but show no love for their
veterans...just ask Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Willie McGinest, or Adam
Vinitari...amongst others. :thinking:

True but at least today players are payed very well so lack of loyalty is part of the game. Back then the pay was not bad for the six month long season but many had to have extra jobs during the off season and these were real jobs not like a dealershop paying them for not coming to work. In fact in Doak Walker cut his football career short because he was making more money in the off season job than playing for the Lions. :eek:
Bobby Layne worked in the oil business and when he retired he made more money than when he was playing pro football.