PDA

View Full Version : Adidas' Daily Poll...Chok-la-homa style

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Remember this anyone???

Adrian Peterson, in making his decision to attend BlowU over Texas, said, "I want to go to a school where we can win championships."

Do you think AP regrets his choice of OU over Texas now?

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
hed have to play second fiddle to everyone here in the UT roster... at OU he IS the star

pero chato
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
He chose.....poorly

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Ask me again at the end of the year. If OU takes positive strides amidst all this turmoil (in other words, finishes as one of the top two teams in the conference), I think he's OK with his decision. But if they lose three or more games, he'll have regretted ever opening his big, fat mouth.

It's kind of crazy that the kid who has a chance to go down as the greatest college player of all time may have screwed himself out of a national championship by picking a school based on where they're going instead of where they've been.

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
He chose.....poorly
Indy, wook out!!!

ROFL.

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's kind of crazy that the kid who has a chance to go down as the greatest college player of all time may have screwed himself out of a national championship by picking a school based on where they're going instead of where they've been.

you seriously believe he had that much talent to accomplish going down as the GREATEST?

Bullaholic
08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm guessing AP is like most college superstars.....he just wants to finish his college days at a high profile major power that does pretty well and spells his name right in the media. At this point he has $$$$ in both eyes and wants to say to the pros---"Show me the money" just as soon as he can. I think that statement about wanting to play for a program that was going to win the National Championship was all part of this personal "hype", and less of a "shot" at UT.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm guessing AP is like most college superstars.....he just wants to finish his college days at a high profile major power that does pretty well and spells his name right in the media. At this point he has $$$$ in both eyes and wants to say to the pros---"Show me the money" just as soon as he can. I think that statement about wanting to play for a program that was going to win the National Championship was all part of this personal "hype", and less of a "shot" at UT.

Maybe he will turn pro after this season. I doubt a lot of people would blame him for it.

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you seriously believe he had that much talent to accomplish going down as the GREATEST?
Without a doubt. I know there's a lot of anti-OU sentiment on the board, but when it's all said and done he'll go down as one of the five greatest RB's to ever put on pads. He's already one of the top 35 players EVER, and he hasn't even played his junior year yet.

He's BETTER than Reggie Bush right now. Still not on the Leinart/Young/Herschel/Barry Sanders/Bo Jackson/Archie Griffin/Doak Walker level, but he's close. Real close. Can run inside. Can run outside. Can block, can catch, can bull over defenders, can juke them, can make them miss, can run around them. Had he not been injured last year (you know, when he ran for 1,100 friggin' yards on a hobbled ankle) he'd have been a 1,500 yard back and would've had a seat at the NY Athletic Club for the second straight year.

I don't care who you are, where you played, or how much I hate that team, if you ran that well behind the past two OU lines you're in the elite. I've already got him right on the heels of my all-time favorite college player, a certain RB from a certain school on the plains of Alabama.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I've already got him right on the heels of my all-time favorite college player, a certain RB from a certain school on the plains of Alabama.

Shaun Alexander??? :confused:

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

The PLAINS :D What school is located in the "prettiest village on the plains?"

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
ROFL. Alexander was good... and I can admit this because of how much I hated him. But I'm torn now because he's such a genuinely good guy and I've liked the Seahawks for a long while.

The Plains, though, are a little farther south and east. ;)

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
The PLAINS :D What school is located in the "prettiest village on the plains?"

I was just picking on Mr Auburn Man Crush over there...;)

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey, every school has its 'fanatics' on this board. For Auburn, there's me. For UT, there's KTJ. For A&M, there's AJ. And for the entire Pac-10, there's Keith. :D

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:21 PM

:D

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR EAGLE!

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey, every school has its 'fanatics' on this board. For Auburn, there's me. For UT, there's KTJ. For A&M, there's AJ. And for the entire Pac-10, there's Keith. :D

So I guess I take SMU and Virginia then?

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:23 PM
So I guess I take SMU and Virginia then?
You're definitely the SMU guy. You an Auburn fan, too?

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
You're definitely the SMU guy. You an Auburn fan, too?

They are my SEC team, but I'm not a HUGE fan like you are.

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
They are my SEC team, but I'm not a HUGE fan like you are.
We can't all be perfect. :D

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
We can't all be perfect. :D

You remember that :D

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 02:30 PM

Hey! I can tell you all you need to know about the Big Ten...

Michigan is the winningest program in NCAA history and Ohio St. sucks. :D

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:38 PM
...and Sweetwater Red is the local Ohio State fanatic.

DaHop72
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
...and Sweetwater Red is local Ohio State fanatic. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

...and Sweetwater Red is the local Ohio State fanatic.

If there was ever a time to....

SHOW SOME COMPASSION !!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

that would be now...:( :( :( .

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If there was ever a time to....

SHOW SOME COMPASSION !!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

that would be now...:( :( :( .
:D ;) :p

Pmoney
08-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Well he should recognize his mistake but you never know w/ people that choose Oklahoma football over Texas football

Phil C
08-02-2006, 02:54 PM

I'm not one of them? :(

:D

Phil C
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hey! I can tell you all you need to know about the Big Ten...

Michigan is the winningest program in NCAA history and Ohio St. sucks. :D

and in the 2005 Rose Bowl: Texas 37 Michigan 35

:)