PDA

View Full Version : Rhett Bomar is DONE at Oklahoma (merged)

KTJ
08-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Wow!

This is crazy!

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
:confused:

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Well, WHY? :confused:

Ranger Mom
08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
INFO!!! We need INFO!!!!

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
can't find anything online...what's going on?

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:06 PM
he was kicked off the team...

http://www.newsok.com/article/2824545/

From Staff and Wire Reports

Oklahoma football coach Bob Stoops says he's dismissing two players from the Sooner football team.

A news release from OU does not name the players, but News 9 sports director Dean Blevins says one player is starting quarterback Rhett Bomar.

The release says an investigation by the university found the two players were paid to work at a private business and were paid for hours they didn't work.

OU said the two are being permanently dismissed and will not be allowed to return to the team at any time.

OU athletic director Joe Castiglione says he's disappointed in the athletes and university President David Boren says he believes Stoops is doing the right thing and he strongly supports the coach.

KTJ
08-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm searching for the article.

Basically, 2 people have been kicked off the team and Bomar was one of them. They were being paid illegally for work they didn't do at a private company.

I'm still searching...

EDIT--here's the article.

News Oklahoma (http://www.newsok.com/article/2824545/)

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Wow. This changes my whole view of the Big XII. I was touting OU as this year's Conference Champ based on Bomar's (assumed) progression as a QB into his third year in the system.

So who takes over now? Does Thompson move back to QB?

wedo
08-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Na na na na hey hey hey good bye!!!!! To OU season!!!!!

DaHop72
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Hum,:thinking: wonder what the chief would say about this?

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Vince was paid to work for boosters. Remember...you heard it here first.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Maroon87
08-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

Until next season...:D

AggieJohn
A&M vs. Texas on T+1 decides the big 12 south and probably the big 12 champion this year

CalallenWildcat
New Big XII South prediction for this year...

1. Texas Tech
2. Texas
3. OU
4. Texas A&M
5. Baylor
6. Oklahoma State

Adidas410s
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat

1. Texas Tech
2. Texas
3. OU
4. Texas A&M
5. Baylor
6. Oklahoma State

:smoker:

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:smoker:

Haha, I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pretty good at predicting these things.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Haha, I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pretty good at predicting these things.

Tech will miss Henderson too much...and their defense won't be as strong.

Texas 27
Tech 21

The goalposts are staying up in the LBK this fall!

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:17 PM

1. Texas Tech
2. Texas
3. OU
4. Texas A&M
5. Baylor
6. Oklahoma State
1a. UT
1b. OU
3. Tech
4. TAMU
5a. OSU
5b. Baylor

If Paul Thompson steps up, UT and OU will finish with the same conference record. Each will have one conference loss-- UT to OU and OU to either Tech or OSU.

KTJ
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
A&M vs. Texas on T+1 decides the big 12 south and probably the big 12 champion this year

Oklahoma is still a salty team. And you're underestimating Texas Tech.

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM

1. Texas Tech
You're my new bestest friend. :kiss: :kiss: ;)

Or have you been hanging around with s4s....I mean p4s again. :eek: :p

DaHop72
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Until next season...:D .........Boomer Sooner:devil:

DaHop72
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Or have you been hanging around with s4s.. :devil: :devil: :devil:

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech will miss Henderson too much...and their defense won't be as strong.

Texas 27
Tech 21

The goalposts are staying up in the LBK this fall!

It's in LBK...that's a tough place to play. Tech's QB is coming into the year with more than 0 passing yards, something Texas hasn't really had to face since Kingsbury when Tech wasn't as talented. And the game is right after a tough game at Lincoln, and before a game vs. Oklahoma State who always gives the Longhorns trouble.

Tech 34
Texas 23

That being said...OU will be one-dimensional.

Texas 38
OU 17

Tech 42
OU 28

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Texas Tech has the schedule most favorable for success.

pirate4state
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM

Or have you been hanging around with s4s....I mean p4s again. :eek: :p :smoker: :smoker: in the boys room :devil:

wedo
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Oklahoma is still a salty team. And you're underestimating Texas Tech.

Tech can't play an all aroung football game!! And by that i mean they can't play defense and im not sure about their special teams!!!!

And when Thompson play Qb he is really Clumsy!!!! Last year when he played QB he looked like he should be playing for the Little Giants!!!!

Ranger Mom
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:smoker: :smoker: in the boys room :devil:

heehee!!

Buccaneer
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Is Bomar headed for Texas College in Tyler!

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Tech can't play an all aroung football game!! And by that i mean they can't play defense and im not sure about their special teams!!!!

They actually recruited quite a few touted defensive guys this year, instead of 16 QB's. We'll see how they look in a few weeks. Until next time......GUNS UP!!!!

AggieJohn
Originally posted by KTJ
Oklahoma is still a salty team. And you're underestimating Texas Tech. i think OU is being over-rated and so is tech....i don't think that a&m will be truly spectacular...but you don't just lose your starting QB the week before camp and bounce back too win the big 12

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by Buccaneer
:doh: :doh: ROFL!!!:D

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
It's in LBK...that's a tough place to play. Tech's QB is coming into the year with more than 0 passing yards, something Texas hasn't really had to face since Kingsbury when Tech wasn't as talented. And the game is right after a tough game at Lincoln, and before a game vs. Oklahoma State who always gives the Longhorns trouble.

Tech 34
Texas 23

Texas 38
OU 17

Tech 42
OU 28

Tech's offense was better last year...and UT's defense will be even better this year. Plus, I think those in Lubbock will find the field turf to not be as friendly as the astroturf. Also, I highly doubt that Tech puts up 42 on BlowU...especially in Norman. Their defense should be pretty stout this year.

Texas 27
Tech 21

Texas 20
OU 13

Tech 21
OU 23

wedo
08-02-2006, 01:30 PM

Thats freakin hilarious!!!!!!:clap:

CalallenWildcat

And when Thompson play Qb he is really Clumsy!!!! Last year when he played QB he looked like he should be playing for the Little Giants!!!!

Ok they can't play defense. That is why they had the following results:

Kansas W 30-17
Baylor W 28-0
Ok State L 17-24
OU W 23-21
Bama L 10-13

When their offense isn't scoring, their defense holds up. Well, except for the Texas game. But Texas knocked the you know what out of everyone

KTJ
i think OU is being over-rated and so is tech....i don't think that a&m will be truly spectacular...but you don't just lose your starting QB the week before camp and bounce back too win the big 12

I agree that OU is/was being over-hyped, but I still think they are/were a great team.

As far as Tech goes, how are they being overrated? They aren't picked to win the Division and are barely in the Top 25. That's about right for a team like Tech.

1.) Texas
2.) Texas Tech
3.) Oklahoma
4.) Texas A&M/Baylor

6.) Oklahoma State

Anyone want to bet that OSU pulls the upset against Oklahoma? They play at Boone-Pickens this year, I believe.

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:32 PM
A lot of good points, but you have to remember that the one dimension that OU brings is the single best player in the nation. Two years ago, TAMU was celebrating like crazy because their run defense was the only one to hold AD to so many yards all year... and I think he still broke 100.

AD should scare run defenses more than Auburn's two headed monster (Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams) did two years ago.

LH Panther Mom

Kansas W 30-17
Baylor W 28-0
Ok State L 17-24
OU W 23-21
Bama L 10-13

When their offense isn't scoring, their defense holds up. Well, except for the Texas game. But Texas knocked the you know what out of everyone
To some folks (not mentioning any names), the rationale is that it's not Tech's defensive performance but the lack of offense by the other team. ;)

CalallenWildcat
Tech's offense was better last year...and UT's defense will be even better this year. Plus, I think those in Lubbock will find the field turf to not be as friendly as the astroturf. Also, I highly doubt that Tech puts up 42 on BlowU...especially in Norman. Their defense should be pretty stout this year.

Texas 27
Tech 21

Texas 20
OU 13

Tech 21
OU 23

No Tech's offense will be better this year. The only ingredient missing will be Henderson. They have the best receiving corps in the Big XII. And Graham Harrell is the real deal.

Tech will be ready for OU.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
A lot of good points, but you have to remember that the one dimension that OU brings is the single best player in the nation. Two years ago, TAMU was celebrating like crazy because their run defense was the only one to hold AD to so many yards all year... and I think he still broke 100.

AD should scare run defenses more than Auburn's two headed monster (Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams) did two years ago.

AD + 5 O-linemen = 6 players. That doesn't equal the defense's 11.

One man does not make a team. Or at least a Big XII caliber team

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
I just read all the stuff about Tech's defense. Just remember, last year they had the 30th-ranked defense in the nation. They're not as bad as everyone seems to think.

And KTJ, I'm all over that. OSU always gives OU problems. They're one of those teams that gives everyone problems, but only pulls off an upset a year. Here's their upset.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Tech's defense was pretty good last year. It won't be as good this year. It will still be good enough for a Top 50 or so because they will do well against the powerhouses of SMU and Directional Louisiana...but they will prove to be average against the Big 12 competition.

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 01:36 PM

can you imagine running an option witht hose two

LH Panther Mom
but they will prove to be average against the Big 12 competition.
:hand: :hand:

big daddy russ
AD + 5 O-linemen = 6 players. That doesn't equal the defense's 11.

One man does not make a team. Or at least a Big XII caliber team
That one man just may.

Besides, Stoops is an offensive guy. The Sooner offense will be just fine with or without Bomar. If you're worried about anything when it comes to OU, worry about that big, gaping hole in their pass defense.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
I just read all the stuff about Tech's defense. Just remember, last year they had the 30th-ranked defense in the nation. They're not as bad as everyone seems to think.

And KTJ, I'm all over that. OSU always gives OU problems. They're one of those teams that gives everyone problems, but only pulls off an upset a year. Here's their upset.

They had the 30th ranked defense in the nation and that's a defense on a team that does not run a ball-control offense. If that defense were on the field the amount of time a normal defense were on the field, their ranking would be even higher.

Tech's defense was pretty good last year. It won't be as good this year. It will still be good enough for a Top 50 or so because they will do well against the powerhouses of SMU and Directional Louisiana...but they will prove to be average against the Big 12 competition.

What's your reasoning for saying they won't be as good this year? You said the same about their offense.

SMU game will tell us what to think about Tech's defense this year. If they keep DeMyron Martin in check, they are going to be terribly good against the run. But if SMU scores more than 24 pts on Tech, watch out for the rest of the season.

Phil C
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

CalallenWildcat
Besides, Stoops is an offensive guy. The Sooner offense will be just fine with or without Bomar. If you're worried about anything when it comes to OU, worry about that big, gaping hole in their pass defense.

Which is why I pick Tech to beat OU.

wedo

Kansas W 30-17
Baylor W 28-0
Ok State L 17-24
OU W 23-21
Bama L 10-13

Wow shutting out baylor is awesome!!! Kansas was ok last year but not great!!! OU had not o-line and no qb and still don't!! Ok State was average and didn't have good qb play!!! Bama couldn't score points after they lost their leading reciever!!!!

Bullaholic
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Wow, you know this must be REALLY serious----KTJ has said nice things about OU twice in the same thread. :D

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
can you imagine running an option witht hose two

Yeah, but that is one school Bomar will NOT transfer to.

Wow shutting out baylor is awesome!!! Kansas was ok last year but not great!!! OU had not o-line and no qb and still don't!! Ok State was average and didn't have good qb play!!! Bama couldn't score points after they lost their leading reciever!!!!

Only 2 schools shut Baylor out last year: Texas and Texas Tech. OU allowed 30 in a 2OT game. Oklahoma State allowed 44.

The KU offense was struggling when they played Tech but this was a team that also scored 40 on Nebraska and 42 on Houston.

OU was/is not a slouch. They scored more than 40 on K-State and Ok State and more than 30 on 4 more occasions.

Bama is the only team that I will accept your argument for.

Macarthur
08-02-2006, 01:57 PM
That one man just may.

Huh?

Stoops is a defensive guy!

The starting QB is never just another guy.

KTJ
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wow, you know this must be REALLY serious----KTJ has said nice things about OU twice in the same thread. :D

I say nice things about OU, A&M, and Tech all the time.

Now nice things about Bridgeport...that's a different story. ;) :D

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 02:01 PM
What's your reasoning for saying they won't be as good this year? You said the same about their offense.

Personnel changes.

While I thought that Hodges was a joke at QB and was never ashamed to lead the charge to get Harrell in there...I think that Hendo will be missed...A LOT. Plus they have a few holes to fill on an offensive line that wasn't that good to begin with. That being said...Hicks and Filani will be STUDS at WR. Then again...they were last year too and, within the Tech system, don't have a lot of room for improvement. Thus we must look at QB (a plus), RB (a BIG loss), and OL (a loss).

What made Tech's defense good last year was it's (and Slay's) ability to deliver the big hit. It kept a lot of teams from going across the middle. This year...they have a lot of new guys that will have to step up at LB and Safety and until they have proven themselves then you can't assume that they will be at the same level as last years team.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Personnel changes.

While I thought that Hodges was a joke at QB and was never ashamed to lead the charge to get Harrell in there...I think that Hendo will be missed...A LOT. Plus they have a few holes to fill on an offensive line that wasn't that good to begin with.

What made Tech's defense good last year was it's (and Slay's) ability to deliver the big hit. It kept a lot of teams from going across the middle. This year...they have a lot of new guys that will have to step up at LB and Safety and until they have proven themselves then you can't assume that they will be at the same level as last years team.

Fair enough. I don't think Henderson's loss will make that much of an impact.

Tech brought in some good defensive recruits this year and while they will be missing the defensive stars, I think they will be more solid all-around.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Fair enough. I don't think Henderson's loss will make that much of an impact.

Tech brought in some good defensive recruits this year and while they will be missing the defensive stars, I think they will be more solid all-around.

either way...I have my Texas Tech shirt ready and waiting to head down to Kyle Field...sit on the 50 yard line...and watch Tech BTHO A&M! ;)

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Huh?

Stoops is a defensive guy!

The starting QB is never just another guy.
You're right. Mike Stoops is a defensive guy. Bob Stoops, on the other hand, has helped that offense out more than anybody knows since leaving his post under Spurrier a few years back.

It's like Brian Billick. When they took over the team they seemed to make the other units better. With Stoops, a former DC, the offense immediately became lethal. With Billick, a former offensive guru, Baltimore's defense has become crazy good, even after their braintrusts left.

And you're right about the QB never being just another guy. I was saying that the offense will be fine. I never said they'd win the NC. Never said said that Stoops was grooming the next Pat Sullivan. My big beef with OU is now the same beef I have with UT. Doesn't mean I don't think that either team's offense won't be absolutely great.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
either way...I have my Texas Tech shirt ready and waiting to head down to Kyle Field...sit on the 50 yard line...and watch Tech BTHO A&M! ;)

That sounds like a plan. You got tickets? You got an extra one? :D

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
You're right. Mike Stoops is a defensive guy. Bob Stoops, on the other hand, has helped that offense out more than anybody knows since leaving his post under Spurrier a few years back.

It's like Bill Belichek. When they took over the team they seemed to make the other units better. With Stoops, a former DC, the offense immediately became lethal. With Belichek, a former offensive guru, Baltimore's defense has become crazy good, even after their braintrusts left.

And you're right about the QB never being just another guy. I was saying that the offense will be fine. I never said they'd win the NC. Never said said that Stoops was grooming the next Pat Sullivan. My big beef with OU is now the same beef I have with UT. Doesn't mean I don't think that either team's offense won't be absolutely great.

Bill Belichek coaches at New England. Brian Billick is the Baltimore coach.

Adidas410s

I've got tickets...not an extra one though. Sorry! :D

DaHop72
That sounds like a plan. You got tickets? You got an extra one? :D I know this one Yes/No.:devil:

big daddy russ
Bill Belichek coaches at New England. Brian Billick is the Baltimore coach.
My bad. Trying to multitask and not doing so well right now.

CalallenWildcat
I've got tickets...not an extra one though. Sorry! :D

No problem! Have fun!

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 02:12 PM
My bad. Trying to multitask and not doing so well right now.

go check my daily poll...I took at shot at you! ;)

KTJ
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM

What's funny is that a few of my friends and I are thinking about going to the A&M/Tech game. UT plays SHSU....why would we want to watch that massacre?!

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
What's funny is that a few of my friends and I are thinking about going to the A&M/Tech game. UT plays SHSU....why would we want to watch that massacre?!

Exactly, and I don't have a game yet for that Saturday.

luvhoops34
08-02-2006, 02:16 PM
Well cry me a river.....:clap: I"m soooo sad for all the okie fans

Bullaholic
08-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I say nice things about OU, A&M, and Tech all the time.

Now nice things about Bridgeport...that's a different story. ;) :D

You're right, KTJ......most folks just stand there with their mouths "open" in awe the first time they see my Bulls play. :D

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I don't know...Phil C says SHSU is going to be a tough test for UT. :D

Phil C
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Don't underestimate SHSU! Remember it was just two years ago they played for Division 2 National Championship and probably only lost because the team that beat them had the home field advantage. We have to be very careful here.

Phil C
08-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I am a UT fan but this is still a bummer for Adrian Peterson who may be turning pro after this year.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Don't underestimate SHSU! Remember it was just two years ago they played for Division 2 National Championship and probably only lost because the team that beat them had the home field advantage. We have to be very careful here.

Division I-AA. Not Division II. There's a difference.

SMU will beat SHSU this year.

Phil C
08-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Well cry me a river.....:clap: I"m soooo sad for all the okie fans

SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Back to the Bomar situation, has there been any word on whether Hazle or Thompson will be under center?

KTJ
08-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Back to the Bomar situation, has there been any word on whether Hazle or Thompson will be under center?

An OU insider was just on the radio here in Austin. He says it's possibly gonna be Thompson, but no one really knows yet.

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Is Manuel Johnson still @ OU? Might be an option..... :thinking: :thinking:

neck_06
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM

thats what i think too

Steer Fever
08-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Well well well looks like the sooners may have a problem. With the news jsut heard and as much as it kills me to hear it OU MAY just might be in for a long season ( i said may) they still have plenty of weapaons experienced o-line that will help AP run all over everybody. They will compete in the Bigi XII, and they will beat UT. Still sticking by my team.

As for OSU thye will suprise many people this year with Bobby Reid taking the reins they will be a danger. He is a dual threat. Woods at WR TD ability everytime he touches the ball.

Tech the loss of henserson is going to hurt majorly red zone efficiency will go down. As for defence same song different verse
improvment but not all that great. 8-4 maybe 9-3.

Nebraska will win the Big XII title watch out for Zac Taylor

BMOC
08-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Manuel Johnson is still at OU, he is listed as thier 4th receiver going into the fall. I've seen him play both positions, and I think his receiver abilities are better then his QB abilities, although he was a good QB. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks for the sooners.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
experienced o-line that will help AP run all over everybody.
lmao!

That's the funniest thing I have read all week!

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Where does Bomar go from here? He broke an NCAA rule. Not a team rule, an NCAA rule. Not just any NCAA rule, THE NCAA rule. My feeling is that he will NOT play NCAA football any longer.

He could go to an NAIA school or possibly to the CFL (though I don't know the rules to participate there)

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I have heard through a reliable source at work and a premium site, that peterson is under investigation as we speak. What if they lose him as well? They have already lost their best OL, starting QB, and kicker. :eek:

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I have heard through a reliable source at work and a premium site, that peterson is under investigation as we speak. What if they lose him as well? They have already lost their best OL, starting QB, and kicker. :eek:

As an SMU fan, if Peterson gets it as well, I say that it's "lack of institutional control"

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
J.D. Quinn is the other player who was released. That one video and article said him being investigated wasn't true.

J.D. Quinn is part of that "experienced offense line to.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 03:35 PM
I would definitely keep an eye on this situation. It could get VERY bad. Not SMU bad, but pretty close. All of these allegations of donors giving out money and recruiting violations at OU could spell serious trouble for OU athletics. Dark times are ahead in Norman if they cant get things under control.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 03:36 PM
they lost their kicker??? Are you referring to Hartley from SLC?

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 03:37 PM

I dont know his name. I dont know if it has been released to ESPN or not. He was grouped with the other two on an aggie premium site.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 03:41 PM
I would definitely keep an eye on this situation. It could get VERY bad. Not SMU bad, but pretty close. All of these allegations of donors giving out money and recruiting violations at OU could spell serious trouble for OU athletics. Dark times are ahead in Norman if they cant get things under control.

As an SMU fan, I will say that almost nothing can be SMU bad, as much as that shames me.

With what happened to basketball and now football...lack of institutional control over more than one sport? Ouch that would hurt.

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
Nebraska will win the Big XII title watch out for Zac Taylor
I said it last year and I'll say it again: Nebraska may be the most overhyped team in the nation. They may win the North if ISU or CU doesn't take it, but there's no way in hell they'll get through the South in the Big XII Championship.

They're an A&M-caliber team.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 03:50 PM
ESPN is reporting it was their starting RG
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2537332

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
ESPN is reporting it was their starting RG
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2537332

I know the RG is gone too, but another site reported a third, that being the kicker. I dont know if that is true or not. Ill see if I can find that link again.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I love how EVERY sooner site is either crashing or is running super slow. :D

AggieJohn
08-02-2006, 03:58 PM
haha

Phil C
08-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I love how EVERY sooner site is either crashing or is running super slow. :D

You have to remember that they still have a good women's basketball team up there.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 04:01 PM
But no one cares about women's basketball

Only placekicker on the team, Garret Hartley also a former employee of Big Red Sports and Imports.....

DJ Wolfe a possiblity
Adrian Peterson also worked there for a time.

from OU rivals - WHO'S ONLINE: 817 registered users

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 04:04 PM

Only placekicker on the team, Garret Hartley also a former employee of Big Red Sports and Imports.....

DJ Wolfe a possiblity

EVERY single person is online, lol

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:06 PM

DJ Wolfe a possiblity

I just found that as well emerson. Thats what I was coming back with. Apparently Big red employed several key players for the Sooners. This may just be the tip of the iceberg. This case could get a lot bigger by the end of the week, if not by the end of the day.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Could be tax fraud on the way to if they reported they were working when they didn't.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
You have to remember that they still have a good women's basketball team up there.

Who knows Phil, they might not have ANY athletics for a while if they dont get crap together up there. I think I might check the Paris girls for any kind of donations or at least horse steroids.:D

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Could be tax fraud on the way to if they reported they were working when they didn't.

I think that is coming too. I have a feeling the IRS might have blown the whistle on this and then stoops came out to do damage control.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I just found this on another site and thought it was funny. It is OU's new logo.

http://www.reuterville.com/images/ou_helmet.jpg

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2006, 04:10 PM
No tax fraud if they reported working got paid, and then paid their taxes if they actually worked or not.

It is tax fraud if they had NOT paid any tax on money reported as income.

Phil C
08-02-2006, 04:11 PM

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 04:11 PM
This has had to be brewing for some time. Stoops signed a JUCO qb, Joey Halzle from Golden West CC where he threw for 2.077 yds & 13 TD's in 10 games. No way the kid signed on to be a back-up to Bomar for the next two years.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:13 PM
This has had to be brewing for some time. Stoops signed a JUCO qb, Joey Halzle from Golden West CC where he threw for 2.077 yds & 13 TD's in 10 games. No way the kid signed on to be a back-up to Bomar for the next two years.

There's no question he has known about it. You could tell the press conference and the press release were well thought out. You wouldnt make a move like this unless there has been a great deal of time spent to make sure it is all good info. Unless of course there was just hard evidence that dropped in their lap this morning.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 04:26 PM
I have not read all the 10,000 posts about this....BUT, in my opinion I am thinking ol' Rhett just could not rise above the party mode of a College boy. Stoops is a 3 strikes your out kind of guy...I am betting he was at another party...DUMBASS!!! Oh well, if that is the life he wanted OU didn't need him...I bet his daddy is kicking his dumb ass back to Texas!!!! You see there...OU saved you Texas/A&M fans from all this headache....you should thank them ;) .

As for the job business...glass houses people....glass houses!!!!

CalallenWildcat
If the worst happens, and one or more programs gets the axe for a year or two, what does the Big XII do?

Bulldog_12
Anyone think there could be something fishy here?

Peterson's car (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-oklahoma-petersonscar&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Notice where the car came from.

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 04:29 PM

Peterson's car (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-oklahoma-petersonscar&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Notice where the car came from.
Read the last sentence of the article. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Read the last sentence of the article. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I saw that.

I'm posting a lot of what I'm learning from this thread onto other sites. The people on the SMU site are having a field day.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM

Yeah i did see that. I really think Stoops is trying to head the NCAA off at the pass by coming down on two players. I hope the NCAA does their own investigation into this, and if they do, be prepared to see several more players get dismissed.

Phil C
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
I saw that.

I'm posting a lot of what I'm learning from this thread onto other sites. The people on the SMU site are having a field day.

Why? :confused:

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:31 PM
I saw that.

Im sure nobody is having more of a field day then the nice folks over at hornsfans.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 04:32 PM

Notice where the car came from. Well duhhhhh, it is a dealership in Norman, OK....what do you expect it to be call. Longhorns Are Us???? That is a pretty silly accusation if you ask me...wait you did not ask me did you...oh well you got that one for free. ;) :)

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Well duhhhhh, it is a dealership in Norman, OK....what do you expect it to be call. Longhorns Are Us???? That is a pretty silly accusation if you ask me...wait you did not ask me did you...oh well you got that one for free. ;) :)

I dont mean the name. that is the same dealership that has paid Bomar and hired several OU players. duhhhhhh:D

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Some quotes from the SMU site...they are having fun with this:

*username* gets a shoutout. He predicted that Willis would be better than Bomar this season, and I disputed him. He is right.

Any rumors as to who the 2nd is? Was the private-entity was alum-owned?
This had to be a pretty large sum of money to demand this sort of action. Like 25k for working for 20 minutes.

Bomar may be playing against us when SHSU takes the field.

Maybe Bomar will transfer to UTEP.

Does anybody know the URL for the OU message board? Maybe there is some talk going on there.

Conspiracy theory: one of the guys reporting the story, Doug Gottleib, is a graduate of Oklahoma State.

I spoke with my Norman contingency. Of course the timing sucks, but this guy has gained a reputation of being [deleted] and overall poor reflection of the university.

I watched him throw a tantrum in high school and was convinced he was a mistake waiting to happen.

Its a recipe for disaster for a football-adoring area such as Norman to allow such immature and [deleted] kids to become even more inflated by the sheer worshipdom those idiots perform.

And he was the son of a coach, but not the humble and hardworking types. He is a punk and his father did him a disservice by feeding him full of how great he is.

So what does he do now? Go to an NAIA school? He's screwed.

$15,000 for parking new cars at a car dealership..................which he did not park....................

He needs to go back to that job and tell them he wants it full time.

I guarantee you he parked one of those cars at his crib every night.

This was the same dealership that Peterson drove a car from for a few weeks before returning it.

Sounds like they have really good customer relations!

But remember, Peterson test-drove that Lexus for months, and it was determined that he didn't do anything wrong.

Welcome .... MAYBE .... to the Arena Football League, Bomar!

Awesome. OU fans are so obnoxious. I hope they lose to UAB in their first game. On a more serious note, I know some of you guys said he was a (deleted word) but I can't help but feel for him that he's basically p'd away a pretty promising career.

My main question is if its this bad, how is the NCAA going to come down on their program? I would think that after a so so year last year, and then maybe restrictions to come, recruits would question committing to OU this early, or if they've already committed.

$18,000 a year for 5 hours a week of who knows what.......................

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Why? :confused:

Who was the last program to get into this kind of trouble?

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:46 PM

In 93 A&M got into trouble for this same type of problem. A few guys got paid for work they didnt do and we lost tv coverage, and rights to a conference championship as far as I can remember, there might be more. The rings they got that year for being the "SWC Champs" had to say, best in the SWC not champs.

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 04:47 PM

The Dallas Cowboys program ??? :D :D :D

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 04:48 PM
In 93 A&M got into trouble for this same type of problem. A few guys got paid for work they didnt do and we lost tv coverage, and rights to a conference championship as far as I can remember, there might be more. The rings they got that year for being the "SWC Champs" had to say, best in the SWC not champs.

Ok the ring thing is pretty stupid.

The Dallas Cowboys program ???

I'll give you a hint. It's a pro team that played in Texas Stadium, but they played in the NCAA.

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Ok the ring thing is pretty stupid.

I'll give you a hint. It's a pro team that played in Texas Stadium, but they played in the NCAA.

Yeah, I know. I heard the NCAA would never impose that type of
penalty again. It devasted SMU. I still remember their celebration
after their first win against Connecticut (post - death penalty).

Snydertigersrul
08-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

The death penalty will never happen to Oklahoma. They have too much money and can pay the NCAA off.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

The NCAA retains the option to use the Death Penalty as it sees fit. However, I don't think they will use it against OU.

It baffles me as to the reason why SMU's program hasn't been more successful post death penalty. I mean, I could understand it the first couple of years, but they have now gone forever without a bowl. Oh well, that will all change this year.

CalallenWildcat
08-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The death penalty will never happen to Oklahoma. They have too much money and can pay the NCAA off.

Wow, that's the typical SMU fan theory there.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
The death penalty will NEVER happen to anyone again. It absolutely demolished SMU's program even to this day. They might come close, but they will never do the exact same to another school.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I dont mean the name. that is the same dealership that has paid Bomar and hired several OU players. duhhhhhh:D Duhh...can't a girl have a blonde moment!!!! Geez ;)

The Bomar thing is STUPID...the second players is an OL man....Quinn I think they said....and there is yet a third name that has not be released yet. All I have to say is they are DUMB!!! :doh:

The Peterson deal was investigated...it is my understanding that he test drove a car and they ran his credit...he had good credit so they let him take it home for the weekend (which is standard policy at this dealership) it seems that Momma Peterson saw the car and said they could not afford the payments and it was a no go! I will believe that until someone proves without a doubt differently.

Sorry about any attitude that may have appeared in the previous post...I am on vacation...I have not had to think too hard lately :)

Oh, and I vote everyone in Norman BOYCOTT that stupid dealership!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
08-02-2006, 05:00 PM
must be a young SMU fan who saidd that because if ANY school could have paid there way out of the death penalty it would have been SMU back then

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Duhh...can't a girl have a blonde moment!!!! Geez ;)

The Bomar thing is STUPID...the second players is an OL man....Quinn I think they said....and there is yet a third name that has not be released yet. All I have to say is they are DUMB!!! :doh:

The Peterson deal was investigated...it is my understanding that he test drove a car and they ran his credit...he had good credit so they let him take it home for the weekend (which is standard policy at this dealership) it seems that Momma Peterson saw the car and said they could not afford the payments and it was a no go! I will believe that until someone proves without a doubt differently.

Sorry about any attitude that may have appeared in the previous post...I am on vacation...I have not had to think too hard lately :)

It came out that peterson had it for more than just a weekend. he had it nearly a month and then took it back. That is why the NCAA demanded OU look into it. I think they should have looked into it themselves, but oh well.

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
The Death Penalty will probably never be used again. The NCAA pretty much said so after they saw what it did to the SMU program.

BTW, the reason that the SMU program never really recovered was because of the length. After a program goes under for more than six years, the kids in high school forget about the prestige of a program. The talent level just dropped off the map when the NCAA instituted the Death Penalty, and all those years of two win seasons took their toll. It's tough to compete in the SWC when you're competing with a bunch of walk-ons.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 05:06 PM
So what did SMU do?

and what does the death penalty impose?

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 05:13 PM
ok, i finally got a little confirmation that more players could be on their way to dismissal. It is being reported on OU's rivals site that more than these two players could be dismissed.

Sweetwater Red
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
So what did SMU do?

and what does the death penalty impose?

Here's the story.

http://people.smu.edu/adedo/

TMer25
08-02-2006, 05:27 PM
That one man just may.

Besides, Stoops is an offensive guy. The Sooner offense will be just fine with or without Bomar. If you're worried about anything when it comes to OU, worry about that big, gaping hole in their pass defense. \

Wasnt Stoops, Spurrier's defensive coordinator at Florida?

big daddy russ
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
\

It's like Brian Billick. When they took over the team they seemed to make the other units better. With Stoops, a former DC, the offense immediately became lethal. With Billick, a former offensive guru, Baltimore's defense has become crazy good, even after their braintrusts left.

What I probably should've said there was that Stoops' offenses are never a problem. I was trying to type on here, talk to a classmate through AOL IM, and write a paper at the same time. I just haven't been able to word everything right today.

But IMO, Stoops' defensive mind has somehow done wonders for their offense. Don't know how, don't know why, but it happened. His offenses have been much better than the defenses since he got there (although they were great before younger brother bolted for the desert). Through Leach, Mangino, and Chuck Long, they've been pretty darned good.

Snydertigersrul
08-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
\

Yes he was. That was where Stoops was before going to Oklahoma. He also was the defesive coordinator for their national championship team.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 05:50 PM
The "new" owners of the car dealership are referring all questions to the matter to their attorney. It seems all this happened before they bought the dealership and they are now catching the brunt of this! Bomar has not worked since March and was dismissed for collecting money for hours not worked. The new owners were not aware of any of these happenings until all this came about....man if I was them I would be kickin' someone's butt. I am not sure when the 'new' people bought the dealership...

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 05:51 PM
The "new" owners of the car dealership are referring all questions to the matter to their attorney. It seems all this happened before they bought the dealership and they are now catching the brunt of this! Bomar has not worked since March and was dismissed for collecting money for hours not worked. The new owners were not aware of any of these happenings until all this came about....man if I was them I would be kickin' someone's butt. I am not sure when the 'new' people bought the dealership...

I saw somewhere where the current owners took control about 6 months ago.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
I saw somewhere where the current owners took control about 6 months ago. I logged in the soonerfans site under my husband's name....man there are some MAD Okies!!! Some are showing no mercy...but then I don't think any is deserving!

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 06:00 PM
I logged in the soonerfans site under my husband's name....man there are some MAD Okies!!! Some are showing no mercy...but then I don't think any is deserving!

I cant get onto soonerfans. The admin there shut it down for new registers and they must have deleted my old profile.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I found some funny pictures online.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3716/kingbomarsq0.jpg

http://thegeiser.smugmug.com/photos/85603315-M.jpg

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
This just in from ESPN 790, Peterson is in fact being investigated by "higher powers" to see if any money has been given to him.

wedo
08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
This just in from ESPN 790, Peterson is in fact being investigated by "higher powers" to see if any money has been given to him.

Just when i thought this day couln't get any better!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Just when i thought this day couln't get any better!!!!

SMU > OU

KTJ
08-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I think this has been in the works for a while now. Why else would Stoops go get a JUCO QB? I've heard that Bomar hasn't been at workouts too.

Eagle 1
08-02-2006, 07:19 PM
I like what Stoops had to say about it. "I firmly believe that our program is stronger than any individual player and that a championship program cannot compromise its values."

Can tu say the same?

Im really starting to like Techs chances now.:D

kaorder1999
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
I like what Stoops had to say about it. "I firmly believe that our program is stronger than any individual player and that a championship program cannot compromise its values."

Can tu say the same?

yeah...your right. I bet Texas has never dismissed a player for breaking rules.

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM

Can tu say the same?

i dont think tulane has ever been able to say anything like that...

Eagle 1
08-02-2006, 07:26 PM
tulane?
http://centexfootball.infopop.cc/groupee_files/avatars/4/1/6/4166065/avatar.bmp

KTJ
08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
tulane?
http://centexfootball.infopop.cc/groupee_files/avatars/4/1/6/4166065/avatar.bmp

Well maybe you meant Tulsa.

Snydertigersrul
08-02-2006, 07:34 PM

That doesn't surprise me. I always wondered how he got that car.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 07:39 PM
http://www.utexasclan.com/images/bomar-money.gif

kaorder1999
08-02-2006, 07:40 PM
that right there is funny

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 07:42 PM

Nice! I think the NCAA really needs to step in now. I dont know if thats what "higher ups" means or not, but it seems that OU is losing control of what happens in the athletic dept. with the Sampson recruiting crap and now this in less than six months.

Snydertigersrul
08-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Nice! I think the NCAA really needs to step in now. I dont know if thats what "higher ups" means or not, but it seems that OU is losing control of what happens in the athletic dept. with the Sampson recruiting crap and now this in less than six months.

That's just the way Oklahoma operates. It has been that way for years.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 07:53 PM
We should unban chief ohera for a day and see what he thinks about this.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
We should unban chief ohera for a day and see what he thinks about this.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I agree

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/utman17/bomarad.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/utman17/adlexus7sx.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/utman17/ouch.jpg

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 07:59 PM
http://media.oudaily.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/443dc520c6f61-75-1.jpg

http://165.95.168.41/chris/BRkiamain.jpg

http://www.reuterville.com/images/bomar_tag.jpg

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Need to make some bets before Vegas can change their odds.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I have some funny screen shots of Bomars facebook right after this all happened. But I dont think I can put it on here due to a little language. But it is funny.

KTJ
08-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Those facebook shots are on Hornfans. I tried to add that one guy but I couldn't find him.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Those facebook shots are on Hornfans. I tried to add that one guy but I couldn't find him.

Those shots are hilarious. They are on Texags too.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Post them or the link to the facebook. If people are offended they can just not click it.

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Post them or the link to the facebook. If people are offended they can just not click it.

You cant post a link on facebook because most wont be able to see it if they arent logged in. Also, im not friends with Rhett. Ill pm them to you if I can

lepfan
08-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Hudiburg's took ownership of the dealership in April....they say they have none of the upper management that was there with the old owners. He also said they have never hired nor will they ever hire any OU athletes. He has been working with the university for a few weeks on this....I guess with past records and such.

They were "grossly overpaid for work last summer" is the words used.

Joey Halzle juis the JuCo transfer from Huntington Beach who has never played a div 1 game and Sam Bradford a true freshman from Putnam City along with Paul Thompson a junior and Hays McEachern who is a walk on and a senior. Thompson just did not have it last year....

Those are the choices that OU has...Bomar and Quinn are in the past...gotta move forward. I am in mourning right now...not at losing Bomar and Quinn....but just knowing how painful this season is going to be :( . Can I get a little mercy here? ;)

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I guess the guy had a good reason to sell.

sahen
08-02-2006, 10:42 PM
The death penalty will NEVER happen to anyone again. It absolutely demolished SMU's program even to this day. They might come close, but they will never do the exact same to another school. They gave Baylor basketball half the death penalty last year so they can do something if they want...i doubt they will but they need to get their act together in Norman....first Sampson now this...gee...

lepfan
08-02-2006, 10:50 PM
I cant get onto soonerfans. The admin there shut it down for new registers and they must have deleted my old profile. They will do a lockdown on big stories like this...ya want to borrow my hubby's log in name...he is on the site now.???

They do that so that things don't get out of hand and massive amounts of people get banned. Also they have so much bandwidth they can use...My husband logged on this afternoon and has stayed logged in....he knew if he ever logged out he it would be a long wait to get back in. They have locked down like 7 threads tonight. Like I said there are some pissed off Okies on there...and I am sure it would not be a good place for a Longhorn fan to be tonight....in a few days/weeks maybe...but not tonight. Just let them moan and groan and cry and vent without having anything rubbed in their face....gotta have a little empathy man! :)

lepfan
08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
I guess the guy had a good reason to sell. Sounds like it....I bet the Hudiburg's want to hunt him down and do some butt kicking!!!

I do have to admit...those are some funny pics posted...
:crying: :crying: :crying:

If y'all need me I'll be over here in my corner crying and drinking heavily!

kaorder1999
08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
bomar has already been taken off the OU websites depth chart and roster..

lepfan
08-02-2006, 10:57 PM
You have to remember that they still have a good women's basketball team up there. And a fairly good one at that....One of the bridesmaids at my nephew's wedding a couple of weeks ago was an OU Women's BB player...1999-2003. She was on the team that went to San Antonio to the final 4. She is now head girl's BB coach at Richardson High School. She is really an awesome girl.

Despite what Kyle thinks...someone does care about OU W BB. :p

lepfan
08-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
bomar has already been taken off the OU websites depth chart and roster.. Why keep his name on there...he is now part of OU history....moving on QUICKLY!!!

Aren't y'all proud of that TEXAS boy OU "stole" from you.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 11:08 PM
I hear Bomar's dad is willing to tell the NCAA all he knows if Rhett is able to still play d1 or d2 ball somewhere.

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
$witzer, $amp$on, and $toop$ oh my!!!!!!!!

lepfan
08-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I hear Bomar's dad is willing to tell the NCAA all he knows if Rhett is able to still play d1 or d2 ball somewhere.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don't be so gullible...NCAA does not work like that!

KTJ
08-02-2006, 11:51 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don't be so gullible...NCAA does not work like that!

I'd love to read soonerfans. Something told me to register the other day but I didn't.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'd love to read soonerfans. Something told me to register the other day but I didn't. I will rent you my log in name...but it won't be cheap!!!!! :D :D

turbostud
08-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Aren't y'all proud of that TEXAS boy OU "stole" from you.

To bad they didnt steal Vince Young. They could have used him last year.

lepfan
08-02-2006, 11:58 PM
A lot of talk on the news about Big Red Sport, how the current owners have guards on the lot tonight. They can't locate the previous manager.

I heard this all started cause Peterson was driving around in a Lexus for a few weeks and raised some eyebrows...they started investigating that, found he had done nothing wrong but came across the rest of this.

This was posted on another site...one that many want to be reading right now1

lepfan
08-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
To bad they didnt steal Vince Young. They could have used him last year. Probably didn't want him...he didn't choose OU so they wouldn't have wanted him...Bomar chose OU and OU took him...BIG MISTAKE wasn't it!

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 12:02 AM
OU recrutied VY as a WR I'm pretty sure.

I bet AD feels bad for going to OU and not UT.

lepfan
08-03-2006, 12:16 AM
OU recrutied VY as a WR I'm pretty sure.

I bet AD feels bad for going to OU and not UT.

My point was that VY chose Texas....

Second point is...Since when did you crawl up AD "rear end" into his brain and know how he is feeling?

Fal44
08-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Well UT is not the only Big dog in the Big 12 now with a QB situation..:D.. I like UT's chances in Red river shootout even More :D

lepfan
08-03-2006, 01:16 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2824545/?template=home/main

http://www.newsok.com/article/2824650/?template=home/main

For your bathroom reading material.

Phil C
08-03-2006, 08:42 AM

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/doafhat/wheelofbomar.gif

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6346/rhettbomar2qx0.jpg

Bulldog_12
08-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Good pics. I was just watching Cold Pizza and they just reported that upwards of 20 players were employed by Big Red. Skip went on a tangent about how the NCAA needs to do something drastic because it is starting to look like the switzer times.

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Good pics. I was just watching Cold Pizza and they just reported that upwards of 20 players were employed by Big Red. Skip went on a tangent about how the NCAA needs to do something drastic because it is starting to look like the switzer times.

Good for Skip.

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 12:05 PM
http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9582898

Dismissals damage Sooners badly, on field and in rep
Aug. 2, 2006
By Dennis Dodd
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

If you're a Sooner and you're freaking out over a Switzerian outbreak of cheating at your school, we're not going to talk you in off the ledge.

It's bad. Barry, Barry bad. Losing the starting quarterback and a starting offensive lineman a month before kickoff can't be couched any other way.

Coming on the heels of Kelvin's Folly (see 500 improper phone calls in recruits), Oklahoma has its old reputation back.

This time it's not the I Love The '80s version of OU -- guns and cocaine -- it's fawning groupies and players with their hands out.

Has much changed?

We do know that Bob Stoops feels your pain, OU fan. No matter how this plays out on the talk shows, the Oklahoma coach was duped. Rhett Bomar didn't need the money he reportedly received for doing little work at a Norman car dealership.

After jettisoning his quarterback, that has to be what hurts most. The stupid-(bleep) kid didn't have to do it. This wasn't a case of paying rent or buying groceries.

This was Rhett Bomar trying to be a BMOC, just because he could.

Stoops worried out loud again last week at Big 12 media days. Agents and their runners going after his star players is one of his biggest concerns. His No. 2 worry should be car dealers located a couple of miles from his office greasing their palms.

Players getting paid for work they didn't do at Oklahoma is nothing new. If Google doesn't do it for you, just read The Undefeated by Jim Dent.

At times it has been really great to be a Sooner.

When you calm down, OU fan, one of your first questions should be, what was the last top 10 team to lose its quarterback to an indiscretion this close to the season?

Ohio State. Last year. Troy Smith was suspended for last year's opener for taking $500 from a booster. Suspended. So why did Stoops take the radical move of booting both players off the team?

Because he was p.o.'ed most of all. One source described Bomar's conduct as "deception." The school just as easily could have declared both players ineligible, suspended them for a game or two and made them pay back the money they allegedly took.

Stoops knows that his move could ruin the Sooners' season. Well, guess what, it cuts both ways. By taking the money, Bomar and offensive lineman J.D. Quinn just ruined their college careers. Have fun in the Sun Belt or I-AA, guys. You're poison to any self-respecting AD now.

Make no mistake, this was Stoops' call. The administration stood firmly behind him knowing this could wreck the season. That administration -- most visibly AD Joe Castiglione -- still cringes at OU's renegade reputation.

This won't help it. Kelvin Sampson just bolted town with the NCAA hot on his heels. Because of that, he damaged the job itself, arguably limiting the candidates Castiglione could attract.

You can argue that Stoops and/or his staff should have known. You can also argue he took the highest road possible, putting the dignity of the program ahead of winning games.

Gobbla2001
08-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Ha those pictures are great...

Anyway, on a more serious note I still think OU is going to be damn good...

A&M will be much improved... I really expect them to surprise everyone, McGee is a stud... if they work on their defense someone seriously needs to watch out...

Tech? I think they're going to be less explosive on offense this year but still pretty good... the defense is a question and WASN'T that great last year...

Maybe they rated 30th, but Alabama, if you all can remember, was about the worst offense last year out of the top teams in the nation, they just couldn't get it going... I think that one game they won on defensive points only.... not even fg's...

And the OU comparrison??? Didn't TCU hold OU to less points than Tech??? Didn't Oregon hold OU to less points than that (oregon's wasn't that dang good)...

Baylor? Baylor doesn't get shut out all of the time though they're horrible, so the "only Texas and Tech shut 'em out" deal isn't too spectacular of a point...

Kansas? Since when have they been known for offense?

OSU? They only play good against teams like OU and UT because they want to have a major upset...

I think Tech will be good, yes...

My rankings for the south are as follows (and lord let's hope I'm wrong):

1. OU
2. Texas
3. Tech
4. A&M
5. Who cares
6. Who cares
7. no 7
8. That's all folks

Bulldog_12
08-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Ha those pictures are great...

Anyway, on a more serious note I still think OU is going to be damn good...

A&M will be much improved... I really expect them to surprise everyone, McGee is a stud... if they work on their defense someone seriously needs to watch out...

Tech? I think they're going to be less explosive on offense this year but still pretty good... the defense is a question and WASN'T that great last year...

Maybe they rated 30th, but Alabama, if you all can remember, was about the worst offense last year out of the top teams in the nation, they just couldn't get it going... I think that one game they won on defensive points only.... not even fg's...

And the OU comparrison??? Didn't TCU hold OU to less points than Tech??? Didn't Oregon hold OU to less points than that (oregon's wasn't that dang good)...

Baylor? Baylor doesn't get shut out all of the time though they're horrible, so the "only Texas and Tech shut 'em out" deal isn't too spectacular of a point...

Kansas? Since when have they been known for offense?

OSU? They only play good against teams like OU and UT because they want to have a major upset...

I think Tech will be good, yes...

My rankings for the south are as follows (and lord let's hope I'm wrong):

1. OU
2. Texas
3. Tech
4. A&M
5. Who cares
6. Who cares
7. no 7
8. That's all folks

I cant put OU at 1 anymore. Its not the fact that they lost Bomar, its the fact that they lost ANOTHER lineman. A lot of OU fans will tell you that the line worries them now. Its true that Thompson is not good and they will have to rely on peterson, but without a decent line, AD will have trouble just making it back to the LOS.

Gobbla2001
08-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I cant put OU at 1 anymore. Its not the fact that they lost Bomar, its the fact that they lost ANOTHER lineman. A lot of OU fans will tell you that the line worries them now. Its true that Thompson is not good and they will have to rely on peterson, but without a decent line, AD will have trouble just making it back to the LOS.

I see your points, but their defense will be improved as well, which hurt them some last year though it was a good defense... plus Stoops is feeling pressure now I'd believe... I don't think it is justified, but he's receiving that pressure... I believe he's gunna have some gambles pay off...

just my two pennies though...

CalallenWildcat
08-03-2006, 12:38 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060803_Sp_B1_Sourc10994

Bulldog_12
08-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I see your points, but their defense will be improved as well, which hurt them some last year though it was a good defense... plus Stoops is feeling pressure now I'd believe... I don't think it is justified, but he's receiving that pressure... I believe he's gunna have some gambles pay off...

just my two pennies though...

I agree that the defense will be good. Its a similar situation at texas, but not really. Texas will have to rely on their defense and run game early on, but have a great O-line to help them. If they cant get anything else going, then they will lose also. OU doesnt have the advantage of the O-line anymore and they have a decent defense, not GREAT, but good enough. The only way you can win a game is to score points, and the only way I see them doing that is on the jukes of AD and if he can break the long runs or if they get INT's that are run back.

KTJ
08-03-2006, 01:00 PM
I never really had OU as the #1 team. I barely had them 2nd in the South. I saw that line first hand at the RRS. And this year, it's worse.

ESPN Radio in Dallas is picking Texas Tech as the #1 team in the South. If that happens, Tech will win the big 12 and go to a BCS Bowl. They won't get to the NC game, however.

I still like Texas to finish 1st and Tech 2nd, with a possible flip-flip of these teams. I can't put OU lower than 3rd. They are still a damn good football team. And never underestimate Bob Stoops.

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 04:33 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/doafhat/wheelofbomar.gif

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 04:34 PM
http://www.reuterville.com/images/ou_helmet.jpg

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 04:34 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/Mannikm/SalesmanoftheYear.jpg

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I finally read some of the articles....

I now know what BMOC stands for!!

I know we have a poster here by that name, and I always wondered what it meant!!

LOL!!!

wedo
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Man thats what i call funny right there!!!! hahaha!!

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
http://www.garrodh.com/bomar.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/aggiessuck/bomarad.jpg

http://www.reuterville.com/images/bomar_tag.jpg

wedo
08-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Keep 'em coming its hilarious!!!!

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 04:55 PM
his myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=57528480)
***Warning - has language which may be offensive to some***

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 04:57 PM
http://photos-082.ak.facebook.com/ip004/v38/183/54/176400479/n176400479_30087082_1329.jpg
http://photos-055.ak.facebook.com/ip004/v38/183/54/176400479/n176400479_30087055_5645.jpg

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 05:36 PM
It's not cool to repeat AJ

and Bomar is currently online. I wonder if he is till on campus

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 05:57 PM
It's not cool to repeat AJ

and Bomar is currently online. I wonder if he is till on campus yeah, well i didn't have the time to check all 15 pages too see that that picture had been posted......i have a job

Gp83
08-03-2006, 05:58 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1948/3281/84427.jpg

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 05:59 PM
yeah, well i didn't have the time to check all 15 pages too see that that picture had been posted......i have a job
That's why you make the post per page 40 and you only have 6 pages.

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 06:01 PM
That's why you make the post per page 40 and you only have 6 pages. once again, i have a job, life, and wife.....you have an xbox, ps2, and a dog

Gp83
08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I got caught not lloking either...go ahead and kill me:doh:

Bulldog_12
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
.you have an xbox, ps2, and a dog

Whats wrong with that???:mad:

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!:mad:

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 06:06 PM
once again, i have a job, life, and wife.....you have an xbox, ps2, and a dog
Actually I don't have an xbox. I do have 4 computers I could use though for power posting.

PPHSfan
08-03-2006, 06:32 PM

Phantom Stang
08-03-2006, 06:37 PM
:D :D :D

Rabbit'93
08-03-2006, 06:39 PM
:D

gobbler grad
08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
that did not feel good...:crying: :crying:

damn good hit though...

tigerpride_08
08-03-2006, 07:06 PM
nice hit...

KTJ
08-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I finally read some of the articles....

I now know what BMOC stands for!!

I know we have a poster here by that name, and I always wondered what it meant!!

LOL!!!

Yes, but do you know what BOMC stands for?

Bulldog_12
08-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I do I do I do!! OOOHH OOOH PICK ME

Old Tiger
08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I bet Bomar wants to have a beer

Bulldog_12
08-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I bet Bomar wants to have a beer

By this point I think he wants about 10 beers.

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 09:37 PM
He has moved past just 10 beers
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4792/alcoholwallpaperpa5.jpg

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
http://static.flickr.com/92/205363664_44981802d4_o.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/muzz33/bluegeniecopy.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~tidetiger/ToBeOrNotToBe.jpg
http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/cheaters1.bmp
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/theroc/Bomard.jpg
http://www.inflowdesign.com/toddson/bomar_money_2.jpg
http://www.utexasclan.com/images/draft1.jpg

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/nhennigan/johnny_be_good.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/muzz33/wheelbomar.jpghttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9211/ridindirtywithrhettdr1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/muzz33/textmsg5.jpg
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4369/claurhettue3.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/57/206142880_084b424448.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/theroc/bomard1.jpg

Phil C
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I thought that was what I said!!

I now know what BMOC stands for

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
AJ, I don't get the cell phone or the pic underneath it where he's running the 40. Help a brotha out.

CalallenWildcat
08-04-2006, 12:09 PM
AJ, I don't get the cell phone or the pic underneath it where he's running the 40. Help a brotha out.

The cell phone is a text-message recruiting him to SOSU...which I think is Southeastern Oklahoma State University

big daddy russ
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
The cell phone is a text-message recruiting him to SOSU...which I think is Southeastern Oklahoma State University
I see said the blind man..... LOL.

Bulldog_12
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM

The one under it is supposed to be like Maurice Clarrett

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
correct and correct, thanks hornfans.com

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I thought that was what I said!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by KTJ
Yes, but do you know what bOMc stands for?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I now know what bMOc stands for

;)

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Yes, but do you know what bOMc stands for?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------quote:

I now know what bMOc stands for

;)

HUH????
Dang it LPHM.....don't confuse me!!:mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
HUH????
Dang it LPHM.....don't confuse me!!:mad:
Sorry, I was trying to help. :(

You said you knew what BMOC stood for.....KTJ asked if you knew what BOMC stood for.

Ranger Mom
08-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Sorry, I was trying to help. :(

You said you knew what BMOC stood for.....KTJ asked if you knew what BOMC stood for.

OHHHH!!!!!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

)

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Texas A&M-Commerce coach Scotty Conley isn't sure when, or if, former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar will be allowed to play college football again. But Conley said Bomar has a home with the Division II Lions if he is reinstated by the NCAA.

Conley said he sent a request to Oklahoma officials on Thursday asking that Bomar be released from his scholarship with the Sooners. Under NCAA rules, Conley isn't allowed to have contact with Bomar until he is released by Oklahoma.

Conley said he has known Bomar's father, Jerry Bomar, a longtime high school football coach in Texas, for several years because Conley recruited many of Bomar's players.

"We've sent a release request to Oklahoma to ask permission to talk to him," Conley said during a telephone interview Friday. "We don't know what Rhett is going to do. We're in the dark as much as anyone."

Bomar, who was one of the country's most highly-recruited quarterbacks coming out of Grand Prairie (Texas) High and started 11 games for the Sooners last season, was dismissed from the team by coach Bob Stoops on Wednesday. The school said Bomar and sophomore offensive lineman J.D. Quinn knowingly broke NCAA rules by accepting wages from a car dealership in Norman, Okla., for work they didn't do.

Bomar and his father haven't returned messages to their cell phones.

"All we know right now is what we've seen in the paper, since we haven't been able to talk to him," Conley said. "We saw the interview he did on TV and what's been said in the paper. From what we know right now, he looks like a kid who just made a mistake."

Conley is entering his third season at Texas A&M-Commerce, a school of about 8,500 students located in Commerce, Texas, about 65 miles northeast of Dallas. The Lions were 5-5 and finished second in the North Division of the Lone Star Conference last season. They last played in the Division II playoffs in 1995.

NCAA spokesman Eric Christianson said since Bomar has been declared ineligible by the Sooners, if he transfers to play football at another NCAA institution, regardless of classification, Oklahoma or his new school would have to apply for him to be reinstated. That would probably involve repaying the $18,000 he was paid by Big Red Sports/Imports and might include a suspension from games. The NCAA could also declare him permanently ineligible.

Bomar's other options are transferring to an NAIA school -- they are not governed by NCAA rules -- or to a junior college, where he would have one season of eligibility. Since Bomar redshirted at Oklahoma in 2004, he would be eligible to enter next spring's NFL draft because he is three years removed from high school

Maroon87
08-04-2006, 02:26 PM
The LSC is going big time. First West Texas A&M hires Ryan Leaf, now this? :eek: What next?

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
that was my though

Adidas410s
08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Texas A&M-Commerce coach Scotty Conley isn't sure when, or if, former Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar will be allowed to play college football again. But Conley said Bomar has a home with the Division II Lions if he is reinstated by the NCAA.

Conley said he sent a request to Oklahoma officials on Thursday asking that Bomar be released from his scholarship with the Sooners. Under NCAA rules, Conley isn't allowed to have contact with Bomar until he is released by Oklahoma.

Conley said he has known Bomar's father, Jerry Bomar, a longtime high school football coach in Texas, for several years because Conley recruited many of Bomar's players.

"We've sent a release request to Oklahoma to ask permission to talk to him," Conley said during a telephone interview Friday. "We don't know what Rhett is going to do. We're in the dark as much as anyone."

Bomar, who was one of the country's most highly-recruited quarterbacks coming out of Grand Prairie (Texas) High and started 11 games for the Sooners last season, was dismissed from the team by coach Bob Stoops on Wednesday. The school said Bomar and sophomore offensive lineman J.D. Quinn knowingly broke NCAA rules by accepting wages from a car dealership in Norman, Okla., for work they didn't do.

Bomar and his father haven't returned messages to their cell phones.

"All we know right now is what we've seen in the paper, since we haven't been able to talk to him," Conley said. "We saw the interview he did on TV and what's been said in the paper. From what we know right now, he looks like a kid who just made a mistake."

Conley is entering his third season at Texas A&M-Commerce, a school of about 8,500 students located in Commerce, Texas, about 65 miles northeast of Dallas. The Lions were 5-5 and finished second in the North Division of the Lone Star Conference last season. They last played in the Division II playoffs in 1995.

NCAA spokesman Eric Christianson said since Bomar has been declared ineligible by the Sooners, if he transfers to play football at another NCAA institution, regardless of classification, Oklahoma or his new school would have to apply for him to be reinstated. That would probably involve repaying the $18,000 he was paid by Big Red Sports/Imports and might include a suspension from games. The NCAA could also declare him permanently ineligible.

Bomar's other options are transferring to an NAIA school -- they are not governed by NCAA rules -- or to a junior college, where he would have one season of eligibility. Since Bomar redshirted at Oklahoma in 2004, he would be eligible to enter next spring's NFL draft because he is three years removed from high school.

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com. You can contact him at schlabachma@yahoo.com.

AggieJohn
08-04-2006, 03:34 PM
i read that.....and put it on the bomar got sacked thread

Phil C
08-04-2006, 03:41 PM
WHAT IF BOMAR TRANSFERS TO SAM HOUSTAN STATE UNIVERSITY!

:eek:

That will increase the significance of the UT vs SHSU game and really make it tougher and it is already tough enough anyway.

:(

Adidas410s
08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
WHAT IF BOMAR TRANSFERS TO SAM HOUSTAN STATE UNIVERSITY!

:eek:

That will increase the significance of the UT vs SHSU game and really make it tougher and it is already tough enough anyway.

Don't count on it happening!

kaorder1999
08-04-2006, 03:45 PM
holy crap

KTJ
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM

UT vs SHSU game and really make it tougher and it is already tough enough anyway.

Phil, this is not true. This game is an easy W and you know it.

I'm probably not even going to that game. I think a few of us are going to the Tech/A&M game.

Snydertigersrul
08-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Phil, this is not true. This game is an easy W and you know it.

I'm probably not even going to that game. I think a few of us are going to the Tech/A&M game.

The score will be 70-7, instead of 70-0 with starters sitting out the second half. :devil:

Snydertigersrul
08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The score will be 70-7, instead of 70-0 with starters sitting out the second half. :devil:

I take that back. The starters won't play past the first quarter. :clap:

lepfan
08-05-2006, 02:15 PM
The cell phone is a text-message recruiting him to SOSU...which I think is Southeastern Oklahoma State University SOSU has a decent team...they don't need nor want Bomar...Texas can have this OU reject back!!!

CalallenWildcat
08-05-2006, 02:50 PM
The rumor on the SMU and TCU boards is that Bomar is making a visit to the TCU campus today. Gary Patterson has been diplomatic in his approach to the situation, saying in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (which did NOT report any rumor of the players making a visit on the campus) that he would gladly take both former OU players if they can regain NCAA eligibility by paying the money back and winning an NCAA appeal. If these players transfer to TCU or any other Division 1-A school, they will have to sit out a year and lose that year of eligibility. The players can transfer to a 1-AA, D2, or D3 school and not lose a year of eligibility, provided their eligibility were reinstated by the NCAA.

KTJ
08-05-2006, 03:39 PM
SOSU has a decent team...they don't need nor want Bomar...Texas can have this OU reject back!!!

The State and not the University, right?

AggieJohn
08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a177/TechTard/Sooner_Sorento.jpg

wedo
08-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Good one aggie john!!!:clap: