PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of the Beaten Bull Hauler

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Back in or around 1997, the actual date slips by me, but the memory of the event still lays fresh on my mind, there was a neat little thing that happened in Amarillo Texas.

It seems that these two truck drivers were eating breakfast in a truck stop and having a discussion about the power of their CB radio.

"My radio has a 15 gazillion watt linear on it and can talk all the way to Mars" was the line that one of them used.

After listening to the conversation for what seemed like an hour, I, I mean this other truck driver walked over to where they were sitting and said "I bet that my little walkie talkie that is tuned to channel 19 is just as powerful as your radio is, would you like to take the bet?"

Well after the two drivers finally were able to bring their laughter under control they decided to accept the bet.

Ok, here is the deal said the "other trucker". I am going to key up my little walkie talkie and say one sentence, and I am going to prove to you how powerfull my little walkie talkie is, and when you come back through here in a couple of weeks, if you are not convinced that my radio is just as powerfull as yours I will buy you both one of those 72 ounce steaks that they serve down the road, do we have a deal?"

"Sure" they both agreed.

What happened next will go down in History.

The other trucker, pulled his little channel 19 walkie talkie out of his pocket and said this.

"Did you guys here about that Bull Hauler that the Texas Highway Patrol had to beat up before they could get him in the car last night?"

That was all he said and he turned his little radio off.

Six days later in Truckstops from San Diego California to Bangor Maine, there were truckers sitting and having coffee discussing the Legend of the Beaten Bull Hauler. Hundreds of "eye witnesses" had seen it all. They talked of how it took from 6 to 26 State Troopers to take the guy down, how he had been pistol whipped, and how he had sat for hours in the cab of his truck threatening suicide, because his wife had run off with a state trooper. There were several at diffent truckstops all over the country that had to butt in and tell folks that they were not getting all of the "facts" straight, but that "I was there and saw it all, and this is how it happened".

Two weeks later while having coffee in Amarillo, the two truck drivers showed up and asked the other trucker if they could buy him a steak instead. Nah, he said, the fact that the Highway Patrol has had to go to the local newspapers and radio stations all over the Panhandle and explain that there never was a Bull Hauler that even got arrested, much less, beaten, and that the whole thing was just a wild story that got out of hand is good enough for me....but by the way..."Who has the biggest radio?"

funny how one little "story" can get so blown out of proportion when we have the power of communication and the willingness of the "group" to remember it all, because "we were there".

jason
11-18-2003, 09:09 AM
aww...im dissapointed, i thought there was gonna be a funny punch line...

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 10:50 AM
jason:
aww...im dissapointed, i thought there was gonna be a funny punch line...There is a funny punch line, it is just Dry Humor. Next time I will try and Sponge Bob it up for you a little bit.

St. Ivender
11-18-2003, 10:58 AM
I liked the story and I like Sponge Bob. Does that make me a bad person?

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 11:48 AM
St. Ivender:
I liked the story and I like Sponge Bob. Does that make me a bad person?No, that makes you Patrick.
http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/PPHSfan/JasonP.gif

BIG19
11-18-2003, 12:59 PM
Very true, PPHSfan. Thanks.

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 07:31 PM
I wonder why nobody has a strong opinion on this? I guess it is just not juicy enough :p

Chief Woodman
11-18-2003, 08:03 PM
But you did not finish the story.....

A Highway patrol officer overheard the last conversation. Knowing his law well, he knew that what the trucker with the 19 channels had done was against the law, and the punishment for doin this ment that his CDL had to be forefieted for at least one year for commiting the offence. So he went over to the trucker and told him to surrender his CDL. The driver of course did not like this and appealed to the Troopers booses. The on duty supervisor brought all 6 supervisors together to hear his appeal. After hearing ALL the evidence, they decided the trooper was correct, and made the driver surrender his CDL.

The daddy of the driver of course thought that was being unfair, so he hired an attorney. The attorney filed a lawsuit and went before the Judge. The judge issued an injunction in the matter and set a court date of May 15, 3030. The driver continued to drive and he, his daddy and his fleet manager thumbed their noses at what was right, knowing that they would never be held accountable until it was too late to really matter.

It is ok to take your case to court...but do not put off the decision until it no longer matters. Espically if it takes something away from other
innocent truckers who also want to drive on the big highway. :D :D :D :D

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 08:08 PM
I would say that the biggest difference is that my story is true. I am sure there is at least one or two truckers out there that remember this. While they never will admit to being part of the rumor mill that made the story, they will admit that it happened.

Chief Woodman
11-18-2003, 09:18 PM
PPHSfan:
I would say that the biggest difference is that my story is true. I am sure there is at least one or two truckers out there that remember this. While they never will admit to being part of the rumor mill that made the story, they will admit that it happened.How do you know it is true? Was you the guy with the 19 channels....or did your read about it somewhere...or see it on the news?