PDA

View Full Version : The E_V thoughts on the T.A.R.D situation

eagles_victory
08-02-2006, 07:09 AM
I did not get to be in the entire last part of the discussion because I had to go to work. After a 15 hour shift I thought a lot about the argument that was going on. I appologize for the T.A.R.D name if it offended anyone but I think that if that is not at all the purpose we used the name for then it shouldnt be offensive however Im not in injureds situation and if I was I could possibly feel different about things. So I will go along with the rest of my members and pull T.A.R.D from my signature. As for Adiddas I do not agree with many if any of the things he said but I was wrong for starting an arugment and getting into it with him yesterday. My actions werent what they should of been and I should of just let it go instead of getting into a petty argument with him that resolved nothing. But back to the main thing IMO that if you look hard enough you can find anything offensive. Like BBDE said if injured would of came to us and said guys I have a problem with your group being called T.A.R.D my son is down syndrome and i just find it offensive and do not agree with it we both would of said ok we understand and changed the name. But we never heard anything about it. But ive seen injureds myspace hes a pretty big guy he doesnt need you adiddas to fight his battles for him. In the end Id like to say sorry to the board addidas injured and anyone offended by the T.A.R.D name. Anything anyone would like to say to me about this post we can take it up in a pm thank you for your time.

injuredinmelee
08-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Group hug??? I might be big but I am a teddy bear...

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 08:21 AM
:weeping: That was beautiful, EV. :clap:

Ranger Mom
08-02-2006, 08:24 AM
To set the record straight I was the one who brought the fact up that it might be offensive, no one else...(because of conversations in the past I had had with injured)!

CHS_CG
08-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: That was beautiful, EV. :clap:

ROFLMAO

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/064.gif

And to once again provide my favorite quote for you guys...I'll even include a picture of the girl that said it:

"Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive."

http://www.filmmonthly.com/Profiles/Articles/TReid/vanwilder2.gif

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-02-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't think I would have been so mad if you would have posted that picture yesterday.

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't think I would have been so mad if you would have posted that picture yesterday.

does nobody else watch Van Wilder??? That's the movie she said it in...and that's a picture from her at the end of the movie...:D :D :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Yes, I have seen the movie, and if you would like, I can make you some of those delicious pastries.

LH Panther Mom
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
ROFLMAO
It wasn't meant to be funny. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 11:24 AM

but it still was...;)

CHS_CG
08-02-2006, 12:02 PM

lol oh well.. it tickled my funny bone...

SintonFan
08-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I did not get to be in the entire last part of the discussion because I had to go to work. After a 15 hour shift I thought a lot about the argument that was going on. I appologize for the T.A.R.D name if it offended anyone but I think that if that is not at all the purpose we used the name for then it shouldnt be offensive however Im not in injureds situation and if I was I could possibly feel different about things. So I will go along with the rest of my members and pull T.A.R.D from my signature. As for Adiddas I do not agree with many if any of the things he said but I was wrong for starting an arugment and getting into it with him yesterday. My actions werent what they should of been and I should of just let it go instead of getting into a petty argument with him that resolved nothing. But back to the main thing IMO that if you look hard enough you can find anything offensive. Like BBDE said if injured would of came to us and said guys I have a problem with your group being called T.A.R.D my son is down syndrome and i just find it offensive and do not agree with it we both would of said ok we understand and changed the name. But we never heard anything about it. But ive seen injureds myspace hes a pretty big guy he doesnt need you adiddas to fight his battles for him. In the end Id like to say sorry to the board addidas injured and anyone offended by the T.A.R.D name. Anything anyone would like to say to me about this post we can take it up in a pm thank you for your time.
That took some maturity ev. I applaud your sincere post.
I couldn't believe how big that whole thread got yesterday and wish I was there to have put my two cents in and maybe, just maybe could have helped to smooth some of it out.
I'll also add that I had forgotten that one of our members had a son with downs syndrome. I value your posts and contributions here injured and I apologize for my comment.