PDA

View Full Version : Done with the 'Stros???

Gobbla2001
08-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I don't care if it is this year or next year, but if they do good and you guys hop back on the train I'm calling you guys out...

I'm never done with the 'Stros... They make the World Series last year and you guys get all up-nosed and expect nothing less than a repeat...

Us TRUE Stros fans do not need you :mad:

CHS_CG
08-01-2006, 09:58 PM
i dont see how everybody can get their panties in a wad about being done with a certain hs team for football and then can say theya re down with a major league team.. its the same concept...

even if they suck this year.... go stros!

Gobbla2001
08-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i dont see how everybody can get their panties in a wad about being done with a certain hs team for football and then can say theya re down with a major league team.. its the same concept...

And you are speaking of? :confused:

Bandera YaYa
08-01-2006, 10:02 PM
I;m not done with them......but I am highly disappointed....I hate to lose!!!! Well, they will be back!!!! oh yah......GO SPURS GO!!! :D

Gobbla2001
08-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I;m not done with them......but I am highly disappointed....I hate to lose!!!! Well, they will be back!!!! oh yah......GO SPURS GO!!! :D

disappointed? yes... but it's up to the hitters... we got to the World Series last year with the same guys, and MAYBE even a better lineup this year, they just haven't been hitting as well...

But the head wigs are taking a gamble here, they're gambling on these hitters getting hot... and in a round about way it shows these slumping hitters the kind of faith the organization has in them...

I mean look at it, pitching is damn good most of the time... Clemens is a monter out there STILL, but when he's out on the mound the hitters aren't getting stick...

Let's hope they pull this around, but I'm a 'Stros fan and am never done with them...

sahen
08-01-2006, 10:17 PM
i think most of us mean we r done as in we dont think they can right the ship, not that we dont like or pull for them anymore...the past 2 years i figured well they prolly wont make the playoffs at one point during the season but i'll keep watching to see some new guys come up and see whats in teh future, but lo and behold they came back...now some wishy washy fans really wont watch anymore when they think they are done but the ones of us that are true fans dont do that, well unelss if we get disgusted then we might miss a game or 2 out of aggravation but then end up finding ourselves back watching them needing our astros' fix....

neck_06
08-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't care if it is this year or next year, but if they do good and you guys hop back on the train I'm calling you guys out...

I'm never done with the 'Stros... They make the World Series last year and you guys get all up-nosed and expect nothing less than a repeat...

well said, and i'm with you all the way on this one. if you want to give up on the astros, then go ahead, we don't need you!!! :mad:

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 11:09 PM
i can take something like this season because i am a STROS fan

Fal44
08-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Imm with the Astros all the way...Just wish they were playing better ball o well Go stros!

Bulldog_12
08-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Im with Sahen on this. I love the Stros, but I think the ship cannot be righted this year. I dont think the proper moves have been made to put this team in a position to be a contender. Next year I will be cheering them all the way to the series again, just like every year. I will continue to be happy for the success that might come along, but I have lost faith for this year.

Maroon87
08-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Gobbla...the only reason the Stros turned it around the last 2 year is BECAUSE everyone jumped off of the bandwagon. I'm as die hard as they come but even I can see that pattern developing. So I'm running up the white flag, then sitting back and waiting for the wins to start piling up.:D

GWOOD
08-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i can take something like this season because i am a STROS fan

I've been an Astros fan since I was a young kid in the late 60's--Jimmy Wynn, Cesar Cedeno, Larry Dierker, Don Wilson, even Joe Morgan before he went to the Reds. For about 25 years they made the playoffs twice--'80 & '86.

Now they have finished first or second in their division 12 out of the last 13 years. They have made the playoffs in 6 of the last 10 years. Whatever happens this year, being an Astro fan is a lot more fun now than it used to be.

Buccaneer
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
All the Stros need to do is go on a winning streak(10 wins in a row would be nice) and they will be right back in it! They have the players to do it , they have just underperformed. Last night Pettitte has never pitched better and Lidge struck out the side in the 9th for the save. Ensberg is going to get hot and help them for a change!

You gotta believe!

Pmoney
08-02-2006, 02:52 PM
i am disappointed in the Stros but not giving up on them....we r only 5 or 6 games out of the Wild Card...the last few years the Stros got better in the 2nd half so i am expecting the same this year....Look for the Stros to be in the playoffs again

SWMustang
08-02-2006, 02:53 PM

If you care about the 'Stros, you should write them off for the playoffs. They'll make room for you on the bandwagon if need be...

Astrosdawg07
08-02-2006, 04:39 PM

AMEN!!!