PDA

View Full Version : New aggie football Video Board

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Biggest HD Screen in texas! Whoop!http://www.aggieathletics.com/includes/phpThumb/phpThumb.php?src=/gallery/kylevideo/images_daily/kylecam_1.jpg

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:36 PM
umm...did you forget about the one being built @ DKR??? It's a LOT bigger than what will be at Kyle.

Emerson1
08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
The blue outlines Texas' old screen, the red outlines aggys new screen, the rest is the new DKR jumbotron

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/998/texasvideoboardsuj2kr5.jpg

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
child child child.....the texas screen will not be shown in HD compatable this year, the aggies screen will be.......

:rolleyes: rooks

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
child child child.....the texas screen will not be shown in HD compatable this year, the aggies screen will be.......

:rolleyes: rooks

Actually...

http://www.texassports.com/webcam.html

Follow the construction of the largest high-definition video display in collegiate sports at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The blue outlines Texas' old screen, the red outlines aggys new screen, the rest is the new DKR jumbotron

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/998/texasvideoboardsuj2kr5.jpg

It's up? I was just there Saturday, it wasn't up yet!

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
It's up? I was just there Saturday, it wasn't up yet!

that's just a black box somebody added into the picture...no worries! You can watch KTJ's sig to see the live web cam.

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
that's just a black box somebody added into the picture...no worries! You can watch KTJ's sig to see the live web cam.

Ah, ok. I was about to curse out the person who decided to wait until I left town to put up the scoreboard :D

Emerson1
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
You can see the whole evolution of it here.
http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/?change_well_id=9994

BTEXDAD
08-01-2006, 05:24 PM
College station still has bigger burritos than Austin though.

wedo
08-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

No nobody has bigger burritos than Los Cucos in Wharton!! they are huge!!!

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by wedo
No nobody has bigger burritos than Los Cucos in Wharton!! they are huge!!!

I've had those...but I had a burrito in Colorado Springs that took the cake. They had to bring it on a special platter.

Gp83
08-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm watching the All-Star game acoached by my GP WILDCATS and that is gunna be one HUGE arse videoboard:eek:

tigerpride_08
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM

that is so true..when we went for 7 on 7 our coaches bought them and all i can say it....wow :eek:

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM

umm...if you are referring to Freebirds...they have one in Austin now!

KTJ
08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
umm...if you are referring to Freebirds...they have one in Austin now!

There are 3.

Bandera YaYa
08-01-2006, 10:27 PM
As does San Antonio....geesh.....you guys and always trying to have something bigger and better.....aj, looks like you inserted your foot in your mouth again......I'm beginning to think you work in marketing for a&m....and you don't even go to school there anymore!!!!......lordy..... :rolleyes:

KL3
08-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Atually, AggieJohn is correct. A&M's new scoreboard will be HD as will UT's, although they won't have HD functioning until next season.

Here is a link to a podcast with Miles Marks, director of the 12th Man Foundation, talking about this very subject.

Interview (http://www.texags.com/main/texagspodcast.asp)

KTJ
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Atually, AggieJohn is correct. A&M's new scoreboard will be HD as will UT's, although they won't have HD functioning until next season.

Here is a link to a podcast with Miles Marks, director of the 12th Man Foundation, talking about this very subject.

Interview (http://www.texags.com/main/texagspodcast.asp)

UT's screen will be in HD, assuming all of our games are HD ready/capable. If we have a game, lets say on FSSW, which doesn't have HD, then the screen won't show HD.

That's what I'm hearing...

AggieJohn
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
UT's screen will be in HD, assuming all of our games are HD ready/capable. If we have a game, lets say on FSSW, which doesn't have HD, then the screen won't show HD.

That's what I'm hearing... see i hear that texas didn't acctually buy the HD conversion yet for the screen and that though it's capable, they'll be running is SD or something like that......not that it's a big point, but my ags jneed something to claim over the horns

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:15 PM
but my ags jneed something to claim over the horns
equestrian national champs! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
08-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

That's what I'm hearing...

FSSW does broadcast in HD...you just have to subscribe to the channel. I know you can get all the Fox Sports channels in HD from Dish Network..you just have to buy the biggest HD package to get them.

AggieJohn
08-02-2006, 01:16 PM
equestrian national champs! :thumbsup: i know. i know.

I'm sure phil will back us up soon with an obsure stat. ;) ;)

BTEXDAD
08-02-2006, 02:33 PM
......not that it's a big point, but my ags jneed something to claim over the horns

I was trying to get the biggest burrito claim in for College Station, but I was corrected on that one.
Colder beer at A&M maybe??

AggieJohn
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
maybe at the chicken

Gp83
08-02-2006, 04:16 PM
I know A&M has the fatest chicks.:doh:

KTJ
08-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Just got confirmation that the UT scoreboard will be in HD.

I don't see why people said it wouldn't be. They've been touting that feature since the announcement.

AggieJohn
08-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Just got confirmation that the UT scoreboard will be in HD.

I don't see why people said it wouldn't be. They've been touting that feature since the announcement. what was your source

KL3
08-03-2006, 01:00 PM
KTJ, yes it will be HD, but you guys are not going to be able to use that feature until next season for some reason.

A&M will have the only HD screen in college football next season.

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by KL3
KTJ, yes it will be HD, but you guys are not going to be able to use that feature until next season for some reason.

A&M will have the only HD screen in college football next season. thank you, that's what i was trying to say

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Just because the HD won't be used this season doesn't mean the screen isn't HD. So it's still the biggest HD screen in Texas

KTJ
08-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by KL3

A&M will have the only HD screen in college football next season.

I want to know where yall are getting this info?

And if it's from that interview with the guy that works for A&M, how would he know anything about the UT scoreboard?

Either way, I don't think it's that big a deal as no one really cares except the schools who are getting the scoreboards. I doubt someone at Penn State or Michigan really cares about who had HD first. (Hope that didn't come off as an a**.)

However, I'll go back and ask again...

KTJ
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Here's the lowdown--

UT's board will be in HD if the people broadcasting the game use HD. If they don't, then the scoreboard won't be. That's directly from the AD.

What does this mean? Well it means nothing. Honestly, who cares what school has HD, who has the biggest screen, who had HD first, when JoPa dies, or if Bobby Bowden goes to church. No one really cares.

:D

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Even if they arn't showing some of the games in HD, the screen is still a HD screen. If I'm watching ESPN HD on my HDTV and I flip it to UPN, it's still and HDTV

AggieJohn
08-17-2006, 03:49 PM
saw this on texags.com

Email To Athletic Department:

quote:

Sent: Tue 8/1/2006 2:59 PM
To: Athletic Dept
Subject: Web Email: Can't Get Ahead
message: I am a member of the Class of 2006. I have been ecstatic about the new media upgrades that A&M is receiving and I thought that for once, we would have something over our neighbors down the road. And then I talked to my buddy who goes to school there. Did you know that their new HD Screen is going to be 134x55? My question is why can't we seem to get ahead of them? They have had an indoor practice facility for quite some time, they have had a scoreboard for basketball, like we are getting, for quite some time, and now not only are they going to have a bigger replay screen, but they are going to have one that is over twice the square footage of ours and it's going to be in High Definition. I just don't understand why we always seem to be one step behind.

Email Reply From Athletic Department:

quote:
Your questions raise complex issues, and it would be inappropriate for anyone in the department to discuss the history you referred to. We are focused dead-ahead on the future.

The point on video boards, however, I can address directly: Texas, nor anybody else that we know of in college football, will operate those video screens in high def. The cost is way, way too prohibitive on the control room production side.

Also, while their total board is that large, their video screen portion will not be measurably larger than the area we have for our video screen usage, or Nebraska, or anyone else. Because of aspect ratio requirements in projecting video, there are limitations; otherwise the picture becomes distorted. If you put all of our usable screen areas side by side, you would not be able to tell much difference in size with the naked eye.

So don't be misled by the claims of HDTV at Texas or anywhere else; they are not going to feed in high def. Here's some fodder for discussion with your friend, and to address your disappointment about where we stand:

When kickoff takes place Sewpt. 2,we will be unveiling the second largest video screen in college athletics, and it is 200 square feet more than No. 3 (Nebraska.). We also are the sixth largest screen in college and pro sports combined.

Another thing: the Texas media guide shows their new board. The screen is about the same size as ours, slightly larger. The rest of their board -- to the left, to the right, top and bottom, is filled with advertisements. We will have no advertising on either our big board or our ribbon boards around the second-deck facing. We are using sponsors, but no ads.

Thanks for writing in.

Emerson1
08-17-2006, 04:16 PM
What is the different between a sponser and an ad?

Adidas410s
08-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is the different between a sponser and an ad?

a sponsor may donate money without having their name/logo displayed in recognition of their donation.