PDA

View Full Version : Corpus area question

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
I just got the new Entertainment book and it has coupons for Regal Cinemas...do we even HAVE a Regal Cinema in CC? If so, where?

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I just got the new Entertainment book and it has coupons for Regal Cinemas...do we even HAVE a Regal Cinema in CC? If so, where? I don't think so. :confused: Beeville maybe?

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Nope. We're Rio in Beeville. There are plenty of Regals in Austin.

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't think so. :confused: Beeville maybe?

I just looked it up, the closest ones are in SA and Laredo. Perhaps they are looking to expand to the CC market soon? That would be good because I like Regal Cinemas a lot better than Tinseltown or Century. They could take over Five Star :D

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Is that cinema in the 5 points area stadium seating or the crappy old seating?

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Is that cinema in the 5 points area stadium seating or the crappy old seating?

Its probably the same red vinyl seats that you had to inspect before sitting so that you didn't get pricked with the AIDS needle. :p

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Its probably the same red vinyl seats that you had to inspect before sitting so that you didn't get pricked with the AIDS needle. :p

New seats, but still the old-style seating. I hate it. But they could remodel. Remember when the Corpus Tinseltown first opened only 2 of the theaters were stadium.

pirate44
08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
New seats, but still the old-style seating. I hate it. But they could remodel. Remember when the Corpus Tinseltown first opened only 2 of the theaters were stadium.
i remember those days. i also remember when 5-points was the class theater of the Corpus area 2nd only to cinema 6 behind padre staples mall

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 11:58 AM
And now Cine 6 is a nightclub...

I used to love going to the UA theater inside the Mall (on the 2nd floor). That is the first place I saw a movie in Corpus.

pirate44
08-01-2006, 11:59 AM
And now Cine 6 is a nightclub...

I used to love going to the UA theater inside the Mall (on the 2nd floor). That is the first place I saw a movie in Corpus.
i like that place too. i was sad to see it close. i wish someone would fix up the old decaying Rialto in Sinton

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping the old UA theater is going to be host to the brand new Cheesecake Factory that is set to open at PSM. That will be great! :D

Bull Butter
08-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i like that place too. i was sad to see it close. i wish someone would fix up the old decaying Rialto in Sinton

Didn't someone fix up the old theatre in Three Rivers?

pirate44
08-01-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm hoping the old UA theater is going to be host to the brand new Cheesecake Factory that is set to open at PSM. That will be great! :D
i dont believe you, but a deep urge in me wants to. Cheescake Factory opening in corpus will be the beginning of my race to be 1000 lbs. and in debt to loan sharks

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

Its been up and running for a while, showing two new releases at a time.

pirate44
08-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
that i dont know. i believe one of our engineers did a structural analysis of the one in sinton a few years back (before i start3ed working here) but im not sure what the outcome was.

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 12:11 PM
i dont believe you, but a deep urge in me wants to. Cheescake Factory opening in corpus will be the beginning of my race to be 1000 lbs. and in debt to loan sharks

Only going by what my fiancee has told me. Its not listed on their website as a future location, but we can hope. :D

pirate44
08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Only going by what my fiancee has told me. Its not listed on their website as a future location, but we can hope. :D
id do my darndest to keep em in business

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I just got the new Entertainment book and it has coupons for Regal Cinemas...do we even HAVE a Regal Cinema in CC? If so, where? is that the one in portland

pirate44
08-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
is that the one in portland
thats Northshore

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
is that the one in portland

No that one is not affiliated with Regal. The only theater affiliated with Northshore is Cinema 4 in Rockport

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 01:25 PM
i wish someone would fix up the old decaying Rialto in Sinton I do too. Sweewater has one on Broadway, well I don't know if it is RIALTO, but it looks alot like ours did. :(

I still haven't made it to the drive-in in La Mesa. Always try and go and something else always comes up, imagine that! :D

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I do too. Sweewater has one on Broadway, well I don't know if it is RIALTO, but it looks alot like ours did. :(

I still haven't made it to the drive-in in La Mesa. Always try and go and something else always comes up, imagine that! :D That theater is the Texas Theater.

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That theater is the Texas Theater. The one in Sweewater or La Mesa?

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 01:30 PM
The one in Sweewater or La Mesa? Sweetwater.

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I still haven't made it to the drive-in in La Mesa. Always try and go and something else always comes up, imagine that! :D

Your spelling of Lamesa threw me off for a second...then I caught it...

I've been once. But the drive in over in Carlsbad New Mexico is better.

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Your spelling of Lamesa threw me off for a second...then I caught it...

I've been once. But the drive in over in Carlsbad New Mexico is better.

ha ha b/c i think it is funny that my family runs it all together (when saying it) so to piss them off :devil: I call it LA MESA (like saying the table in Spanish) :evillaugh

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
ha ha b/c i think it is funny that my family runs it all together (when saying it) so to piss them off :devil: I call it LA MESA (like saying the table in Spanish) :evillaugh

Yeah but that's not even how the town is pronounced :D

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah but that's not even how the town is pronounced :D :doh: I know!

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
:doh: I know!

That's a unique town. But how did we get onto Lamesa on a topic called Corpus area question?

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
That's a unique town. But how did we get onto Lamesa on a topic called Corpus area question? The beauty of the downlow. ;) :D

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
The beauty of the downlow. ;) :D

Insert adidas saying "true...true..." here

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Regal Cinema = The Quarry Theatre... one of the best visually i have ever seen