PDA

View Full Version : CCISD selects new superintendent

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.bgsd.k12.wa.us/About/images/shonny.jpg

The Corpus Christi Independent School District Board of Trustees announced tonight at a Special Called Board Meeting that Dr. Rochonne Bria is the finalist for superintendent of schools. Dr. Bria has more than 13 years experience as a superintendent and currently serves as superintendent of Battle Ground School District #119 in Battle Ground, Washington, a position she has held since 1998.

As superintendent of Battle Ground School District (BGSD), Dr. Bria oversees the third largest district in Clark County, Washington. BGSD encompasses more than 13,200 students attending eight primary schools, seven middle schools, two full-service high schools and three alternative high schools. Bria is responsible for managing BGSD’s $200 million Capital and Operations budget.

Under Dr. Bria’s leadership, BGSD implemented a content-based literacy program for diverse learners at all levels and achieved Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for two years in a row. In November 2005, the BGSD Board of Directors was recognized as School Board of the Year for the state of Washington. In addition, School Match, the nation’s largest independent research and database collection firm, named BGSD in the top 16% of all districts in the US for overall excellence in education for providing “what parents want most in a school district.”

Before moving to Battle Ground, Washington, Bria spent nine years with the Pendergast School District #92 in Phoenix, Arizona. Five of those years were spent leading that district as Superintendent of Schools. Bria also served as Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services, Administrator for Curriculum and Instruction, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, and Assistant Principal in the Pendergast School District #92. In 1997, Dr. Bria was named All Arizona Superintendent of the Year.

Bria began her career as an elementary teacher in the Mesa Unified School District in Mesa, Arizona. She earned a doctorate in administration/supervision from Arizona State University in 1990, a master’s degree in education from Arizona State University in 1976 and a bachelor’s degree in education from Arizona State University in 1973.

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
I'll reserve judgment and see how she does...can't be any worse than the last two...especially Saavedra.

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 08:26 AM
i'm just well, how do i politely say this, suprised that they picked some that doesn't represent the majority of students in corpus

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i'm just well, how do i politely say this, suprised that they picked some that doesn't represent the majority of students in corpus

Countdown to thread deletion...

pirate44
08-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Countdown to thread deletion...
he's commiting thread hari kari

Maroon87
08-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I'll reserve judgment and see how she does...can't be any worse than the last two...especially Saavedra.

That dude parlayed his epic perfomance in CC to the supt. job with HISD. Of course, that doesn't say much for either party.;)

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 09:06 AM
i know i know, it's borderline to say that

CalallenWildcat
08-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
That dude parlayed his epic perfomance in CC to the supt. job with HISD. Of course, that doesn't say much for either party.;)

Yes and weren't some HISD schools caught cheating on TAKS a few years back? That guy should never be allowed to run a school district.