PDA

View Full Version : Bellville

Gsquared
08-01-2006, 07:09 AM
What does Bellville have coming back?

maestro
08-01-2006, 08:02 AM
great article about bellville football in today's houston chronicle...

also mentions wharton's joel ansley...

remember....ansley's stats are in a shortened season due to injury...

BTEXDAD
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
What does Bellville have coming back?

I'm sure someone more familiar with situation than me will get in on this, Gsquared.
I was more into v-ball and softball, but my understanding is that Brahmas have lots of skill people coming back. Lost some linemen, but they should be pretty solid. Not much size, but lots of teams have that same problem.

Gsquared
08-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I'm sure someone more familiar with situation than me will get in on this, Gsquared.
I was more into v-ball and softball, but my understanding is that Brahmas have lots of skill people coming back. Lost some linemen, but they should be pretty solid. Not much size, but lots of teams have that same problem.
I saw them against Giddings last year in the playoffs. I was impressed with thier D-Line.

Bull's-eye
08-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Bellville has 16 starters returning, 8 on offense and 8 on defense. A lot of these players will be 3 year starters. Their offense should be very good, returning last year's district MVP Harris. Their defense should be better, but seems to lack the size to stop the power running game. A very good sophomore class should provide some help and with 26 returning lettermen, there shouldn't be any problem filling the few remaing positions. Bellville will have to find replacements at both the kicker and punter positions.

Things look good, but all roads lead to getting by a really good Giddings team and a fast improving Navasota squad. If Bellville can improve their run defense, they will have a chance at going deep into the playoffs. After seeing Giddings do a number on Bellville's defense, run defense should be their top priority.

KL3
08-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville has 16 starters returning, 8 on offense and 8 on defense. A lot of these players will be 3 year starters. Their offense should be very good, returning last year's district MVP Harris. Their defense should be better, but seems to lack the size to stop the power running game. A very good sophomore class should provide some help and with 26 returning lettermen, there shouldn't be any problem filling the few remaing positions. Bellville will have to find replacements at both the kicker and punter positions.

Things look good, but all roads lead to getting by a really good Giddings team and a fast improving Navasota squad. If Bellville can improve their run defense, they will have a chance at going deep into the playoffs. After seeing Giddings do a number on Bellville's defense, run defense should be their top priority.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

tigerpride_08
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by maestro
great article about bellville football in today's houston chronicle...

also mentions wharton's joel ansley...

remember....ansley's stats are in a shortened season due to injury...

why did it metion Joel...

KL3
08-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Here is the article from the Chronicle...........

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TOUR
Early playoff loss still burns
First-round exit motivates Bellville toward fall success

By JENNY DIAL
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Bellville players know how tough the luck of the draw can be. After winning eight straight games and going 5-0 in District 23-3A last season, the Brahmas drew Giddings in the first round of the playoffs.

Bellville lost 49-35 and went home weeks sooner than expected.

"It was a tough loss" Bellville coach Huey Chancellor said. "We got behind in the game and made a lot of little mistakes that set us back."

Chancellor said the loss to Giddings will turn out to be a positive experience.

"We have 16 starters from that team coming back, and they know what it's like to make an early exit now," Chancellor said. "They are very fired up for this season and ready to get back out there and play. This year, they want to go further."

Loads of tradition
Bellville and success are no no strangers. The Brahmas have won five straight district championships, going 24-1 in district play.

"We lost to Navasota a couple of years ago" Chancellor said."Other than that game we have been very successful."

With that comes pressure.

"There is a lot to live up to" Chancellor said. "We'd like to continue with our streak of winning district."

There are a few things standing in the way. A tough schedule matches Bellville with teams such as Giddings and Navasota.

"No one is going to hand that over to us" Chancellor said. "We have some tough competition ahead of us."

Enter two-year letterman and starting receiver/defensive back Brandon Harris, who was named district MVP on both sides of the ball last season.

"Brandon is a great leader, and he motivates those around him" Chancellor said. "He's hungry. The whole team is. They want another district championship and they want to go further in the playoffs."

Harris — along with returnees such as running back Clayton Chaney, quarterback Lane O'Connor and defensive back Allen Cooper — are expected to contribute on offense and defense.

Two-way talents
"We have a lot of players who will see time on both sides of the ball," Chancellor said. "We play whoever can get the job done."

Right now, the challenge for Chancellor and his staff is to get the team to focus through two-a-days and practice.

"This team is so ready to play right now" Chancellor said. "They want to be out there playing games, so we have to get them to put forth all that energy in upcoming training. Strong practices will make us better, and that is the way to get that district championship back."

While Chancellor isn't looking too far into the future, he has thought briefly about how the Brahmas will lose 16 starters after this season.

Birthright of Brahmas
With Bellville's tradition, the coach isn't worried about future seasons.

"Boys here grow up knowing that they want to grow up and be Brahmas," Chancellor said. "I want to enjoy this season with these seniors. and I look forward to the next generations that will come up after them."

UPanIN
08-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Here is the article from the Chronicle...........

Birthright of Brahmas
With Bellville's tradition, the coach isn't worried about future seasons.

"Boys here grow up knowing that they want to grow up and be Brahmas," Chancellor said. "I want to enjoy this season with these seniors. and I look forward to the next generations that will come up after them."

This was a very good article for the Brahmas and I really like how the coach has included the future in his thinking. This not only gets the kids today fired up but the young Brahmas see what he said and think "I can't wait to play for this guy"

maestro
08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
joel was listed as a player on the watch list....

i think that that means that he needs to have a good season and wharton may surprise if he does.....

it was in a separate little box beside the main article...

also noted was navasota team...

tigerpride_08
08-01-2006, 08:28 PM
joel was listed as a player on the watch list....

i think that that means that he needs to have a good season and wharton may surprise if he does.....

it was in a separate little box beside the main article...

also noted was navasota team...

thanks maestro

Bull's-eye
08-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Does anybody know about Bellville's incoming sophomores and which ones could start or play a valuable role? I heard they have a really good RB. Does anybody know who will be the kicker?

mac77
08-02-2006, 03:38 PM
The Brahmas get an early test against Columbia in week 1. If they have trouble stopping the power running game then this game will expose it. The Flannel kid from Columbia has about 4200 yards in 3 years!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Heard Bellville had two big kids move-in from Katy.

maestro
08-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I think that what gives the bellville community the edge is that their kids come to COMPETE....

ahead or behind.....they compete.......

mosley going to u of houston.....

another tall kid on hoops team.....

did he get any athletic offers???

BTEXDAD
08-04-2006, 09:39 AM

another tall kid on hoops team.....

did he get any athletic offers???

I know I'll get wrong school, but other tall kid was Emshoff. He's going to McNeese St (I think or one of the other Louisiana schools) to play football.
Was tight end. They probably plan to put about 50-60 more lbs on him and make him Offensive lineman.

Bull's-eye
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Heard Bellville had two big kids move-in from Katy.

Are these at the varsity level? This would help a Bellville team that need some size.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-04-2006, 11:25 PM
9th grade.

Bull's-eye
08-08-2006, 08:47 PM
FBB, What times are the practices? Any news out of the Pasture?

Bull's-eye
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Any reports from the saturday's scrimmage?

sweetwater07
08-13-2006, 09:08 PM
i know a kid that will be starting as a linebacker this year....anyone from bellville know him??...his name is Spencer something??..and he will be a junior i believe...