PDA

View Full Version : good things happening for Zobrist

pirate44
08-01-2006, 06:30 AM
:rolleyes:
good things are happening for one of my fav. Hooks (former) players. unfortunately its not in an Astros uniform. :(

Devil Rays call up ex-Hook Zobrist
By From staff reports
August 1, 2006

Almost three weeks ago, Ben Zobrist's head was swimming.

The Corpus Christi shortstop had been notified he was traded to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays' organization along with Mitch Talbot, so the Astros could get Aubrey Huff.

After the trade, Zobrist reported to Class AAA Durham. Now, he's on the move again.

Zobrist was called up to the big leagues when the Devil Rays traded starting shortstop Julio Lugo to the Dodgers.

Zobrist, who was hitting .304 at Durham, is expected to start for the Devil Rays when they play at Detroit today.

piratebg
08-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Wow. That is awesome for Zorbist. That dude could play. The Hooks miss him right now, and the Astro organization lost a very talented ball player.

pirate44
08-01-2006, 07:33 AM
i thinbk he was the heart and soul of the Hooks. they sure do seem like theyve lost a step since he was traded. it made me sick at my stomach when i heard Hunter Pence was on the trading block.:mad:

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
i hope that he really does suceed

piratebg
08-02-2006, 05:58 AM
According to channel 6, he hade his debut last night with Tampa Bay and went 0-4, was struck out once, and batted last in the line up. A rough start, but I'm sure he'll get out of it.

pirate44
08-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
According to channel 6, he hade his debut last night with Tampa Bay and went 0-4, was struck out once, and batted last in the line up. A rough start, but I'm sure he'll get out of it.
ya gotta expect that for a first game. i hope the next start is better