PDA

View Full Version : Through with the Stros

Bulldog_12
07-31-2006, 09:15 PM
It is now official. I am done with the Stros for this year. They did NOTHING to better themselves for a run to the postseason. The Rangers beefed up to try and make a run and so did the Dodgers, but did the Astros............NO! I cant believe they didnt get anyone. Oh well, according to the ballclub there's always next year.

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 09:45 PM
I was kinda done with they decided to get Clemens .......should have spent that money on a few good ones.... :(

SWMustang
07-31-2006, 09:48 PM
I through because they didn't dump payroll and get younger.

neck_06
07-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I was kinda done with they decided to get Clemens .......should have spent that money on a few good ones.... :(

yeah, since clemens isn't pitching like he is in his 20s or 30s. :rolleyes: ;)

Bandera YaYa
07-31-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
yeah, since clemens isn't pitching like he is in his 20s or 30s. :rolleyes: ;) Way too much money for such an old player....he is just a throw away from being hurt.....ain't saying he's not good, but his days are limited and having and paying him what they did this season was just suicide. Just my opinion, but what good did it do us??? :thinking:

neck_06
07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Way too much money for such an old player....he is just a throw away from being hurt.....ain't saying he's not good, but his days are limited and having and paying him what they did this season was just suicide. Just my opinion, but what good did it do us??? :thinking:

i think they gave him too much money too, but i'm not saying that it was a bad pick up. if the bullpen didn't suck so bad, he would be like 5-2 by now, and these accusations wouldn't be happening.

also, as much as i like everett, i was really hoping that they would get tejada. that would have done wonders for the astros (who are lacking a true 3 hole hitter with Berkman hurt).

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:01 AM
I was kinda done with they decided to get Clemens .......should have spent that money on a few good ones.... :( amen on that!! Clemens WAS one of the best......10 yrs ago. Just goes to show you, the people who run and manage that team are more interested in filling the seats and making money than having a good ball club. Clemens' name sells tickets....end of story. kinda sad really.

Bandera YaYa
08-01-2006, 12:02 AM
i think they gave him too much money too, but i'm not saying that it was a bad pick up. if the bullpen didn't suck so bad, he would be like 5-2 by now, and these accusations wouldn't be happening.

also, as much as i like everett, i was really hoping that they would get tejada. that would have done wonders for the astros (who are lacking a true 3 hole hitter with Berkman hurt). yah, that would have been sweet....just not understanding what the hell the astro office is thinking these days.....sad......like they gave up!

neck_06
08-01-2006, 12:04 AM
yah, that would have been sweet....just not understanding what the hell the astro office is thinking these days.....sad......like they gave up!

well, i wouldn't say that they gave up.....they prolly just didn't want to give up any minor league prospects for big names............which isn't that bad of a thing.

presonally i still think that the stros' will give the Central a run for their money..........not to mention the wild card. :)

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:07 AM

also, as much as i like everett, i was really hoping that they would get tejada. that would have done wonders for the astros (who are lacking a true 3 hole hitter with Berkman hurt). yup, Lidge cant do it by himself every night!! :p

neck_06
08-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
amen on that!! Clemens WAS one of the best......10 yrs ago. Just goes to show you, the people who run and manage that team are more interested in filling the seats and making money than having a good ball club. Clemens' name sells tickets....end of story. kinda sad really.

nobody was complaining last year when he was winning games. and he still isn't pitching bad at all:

Record - 2-4
ERA - 2.09
IP - 47.1
Ks - 40
BB - 11
H - 38
R - 15
Opp Avg. - .217

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:11 AM
nobody was complaining last year when he was winning games. and he still isn't pitching bad at all:

Record - 2-4
ERA - 2.09
IP - 47.1
Ks - 40
BB - 11
H - 38
R - 15
Opp Avg. - .217 dude, i didnt say he wasnt pitching "bad" i'm just saying for the money that was dished out to him...he should be pitching "ALOT BETTER" thats all. sorry we had miscommunication there.

neck_06
08-01-2006, 12:11 AM
yup, Lidge cant do it by himself every night!! :p

he is just in a slump. he is still in the top 10 in the league in saves.

he needs to throw his slider for strikes, and he needs a third pitch (i.e. - change-up, curveball, cutter)

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:14 AM

he needs to throw his slider for strikes, and he needs a third pitch (i.e. - change-up, curveball, cutter) oh man, dont i know it, i wasnt knocking him at all....i have like 3 Lidge shirts in my closet as we speak!! again...this miscommunication thing w/ you and I....this could play hell on the growth of our relationship. :D

Just so ya know, I'm presently living in Sugar Land, more than likely will wind up closer to Needville/Rosharon, or maybe Simonton soon....I'M AN ASTROS FAN!! I'm not knockin them....just wish they'd of thought a little longer & harder on the Clemens thing.

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:16 AM

he needs to throw his slider for strikes, and he needs a third pitch (i.e. - change-up, curveball, cutter) sheeeit.....when you can put em right down the pipe at 102+ (saw him throw 102 a little over a month ago)....you dont need junk. I looked at the trap and told my pops. "holy crap...does that say 102?!"

neck_06
08-01-2006, 12:20 AM
alright, we are all clear then.......the astros need to score more than the other team after 9 innings of play. :)

well i'm glad thats settled and not i'm off to bed, gotta go work out in the morning.

o yeah, and one other thing:

Week 10 - Neck_06's Roughnecks vs. IHStangFan's Stangs...........you're going down. ;)

sahen
08-01-2006, 12:22 AM
amen on that!! Clemens WAS one of the best......10 yrs ago. Just goes to show you, the people who run and manage that team are more interested in filling the seats and making money than having a good ball club. Clemens' name sells tickets....end of story. kinda sad really.
yah....3 years ago he wont the cy young with a 2.98 ERA, last year he finished 2nd in the ballotting because we couldnt score runs for him with a rock bottom 1.87 ERA , and this year he has a 2.09 ERA and should probably be 7-1 if not 8-0...im sorry but you wont find another pitcher in the majors that has ERAs that low, but yall r right he is old an washed up....good lord, do you people not watch baseball??? him and Oswalt are the 2 most dominate pitchers in the national league, if not all of baseball, that is a deadly 1-2 punch on any team that can score runs...you can say what you want about yeah we need to add a bat but the fact that we cant hit the ball is all the more reason to have a pitching staff that can actually pitch, lord knows what our record would be w/ an average pitching staff, my guess is we would be fight w/ the pirates to stay outa the NL cellar...

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by sahen
yah....3 years ago he wont the cy young with a 2.98 ERA, last year he finished 2nd in the ballotting because we couldnt score runs for him with a rock bottom 1.87 ERA , and this year he has a 2.09 ERA and should probably be 7-1 if not 8-0...im sorry but you wont find another pitcher in the majors that has ERAs that low, but yall r right he is old an washed up....good lord, do you people not watch baseball??? him and Oswalt are the 2 most dominate pitchers in the national league, if not all of baseball, that is a deadly 1-2 punch on any team that can score runs...you can say what you want about yeah we need to add a bat but the fact that we cant hit the ball is all the more reason to have a pitching staff that can actually pitch, lord knows what our record would be w/ an average pitching staff, my guess is we would be fight w/ the pirates to stay outa the NL cellar... yeah yeah yeah...whats he doin right now?? too much money for his present performance...PERIOD. Gonna be another Jordan? Dude needs to retire while hes still somewhat on top.

thanks for playing.

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:24 AM
alright, we are all clear then.......the astros need to score more than the other team after 9 innings of play. :)

well i'm glad thats settled and not i'm off to bed, gotta go work out in the morning.

o yeah, and one other thing:

Week 10 - Neck_06's Roughnecks vs. IHStangFan's Stangs...........you're going down. ;) dream on chuckles! :clap:

sahen
08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
yeah yeah yeah...whats he doin right now?? too much money for his present performance...PERIOD. Gonna be another Jordan? Dude needs to retire while hes still somewhat on top.

thanks for playing. last i checked he was dominating every time he pitched....not his fault we cant hit the ball, he is doing exactly what we are paying him for, not to mention he makes more money for the astros than we dish out to him....w/ ur reasoning we should get rid of berkman? what is he doing right now other than sitting on the bench...

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:28 AM
last i checked he was dominating every time he pitched....not his fault we cant hit the ball, he is doing exactly what we are paying him for, not to mention he makes more money for the astros than we dish out to him....w/ ur reasoning we should get rid of berkman? what is he doing right now other than sitting on the bench... dude, calm down before you pop a blood vessel in your forehead. I think hes overpaid for what he's contributed.....i'm entitled to my opinion. Did i say he sucked?? No....do I think hes reached the end of his career?? Yes...I think...thats the key phrase here...pay attention....I think he needs to quit while hes ahead and go out somewhat on top. I dont want to see him make the same mistake that Michael Jordan made....you know...the whole Ross Perot "I want to run for president" thing...."i'm in...i'm out...i'm in...i'm out"

sahen
08-01-2006, 12:30 AM
dude, calm down before you pop a blood vessel in your forehead. I think hes overpaid for what he's contributed.....i'm entitled to my opinion. Did i say he sucked?? No....do I think hes reached the end of his career?? Yes...I think...thats the key phrase here...pay attention....I think he needs to quit while hes ahead and go out somewhat on top. I dont want to see him make the same mistake that Michael Jordan made....you know...the whole Ross Perot "I want to run for president" thing...."i'm in...i'm out...i'm in...i'm out" i am pretty sure it is up to him when he retires...right now he is completely dominating the competition and for a pitcher of his caliber the astros got him at a discount price, what a million a month? u do realize pitchers like that normally make about 15 mil a year or so he would be making over twice that....

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:32 AM
i am pretty sure it is up to him when he retires...right now he is completely dominating the competition and for a pitcher of his caliber the astros got him at a discount price, what a million a month? u do realize pitchers like that normally make about 15 mil a year or so he would be making over twice that.... in my opinion....I SAID IN MY OPINION....he is overpaid, and has reached the end of his career if he plans on going out on top...am I right....whos to say...its an OPINION theyre like bellybuttons and aholes....everyones got one, so get of my sack.

have a good morning.

sahen
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
in my opinion....I SAID IN MY OPINION....he is overpaid, and has reached the end of his career if he plans on going out on top...am I right....whos to say...its an OPINION theyre like bellybuttons and aholes....everyones got one, so get of my sack.

have a good morning. get out of ur sack? im sry i was just refuting your opinion w/ facts...im sry you are so hard headed u cant deal w/ that....have a good morning yourself

IHStangFan
08-01-2006, 12:47 AM
get out of ur sack? im sry i was just refuting your opinion w/ facts...im sry you are so hard headed u cant deal w/ that....have a good morning yourself "hes dominating"?? "facts" take a look at these and tell me again how hes dominating....

Over the last 30 days.....heres soem stats...

MLB Wins...hes 41st w/ 2

MLB S/O's: hes 13th w/ 33

MLB ERA: hes 7th (must admit...not too bad) w/ a 2.00

I wouldnt exactly call that dominating, but you're going to blame it on the bats right? When they win the game for the Stros...the pitcher gets the credit....so when they lose, he takes the credit as well...its called a TEAM.

i'm done w/ you and this argument...you win...you get the Astros/Clemens Superfan of the Year award...lemme contact Big Daddy Russ and we'll get that right over to you.

sahen
08-01-2006, 12:52 AM
"hes dominating"?? "facts" take a look at these and tell me again how hes dominating....

MLB Wins...hes 41st w/ 2

I wouldnt exactly call that dominating, but you're going to blame it on the bats right? When they win the game for the Stros...the pitcher gets the credit....so when they lose, he takes the credit as well...its called a TEAM.

i'm done w/ you and this argument...you win...you get the Astros/Clemens Superfan of the Year award...lemme contact Big Daddy Russ and we'll get that right over to you. i consider allowing 2 runs a game dominating, im not a clemens superfan but to say they arent getting what they paid for is wrong, he cant be blamed for the astros not hitting the ball if u cant see that then ur right there is no need to continue this arguement because u dont understand baseball...then again i guess he could hit a homerun evertime he gets up to bat and pitch complete games....that'd be about 3 runs a game and he'd win 3-2 most of the time...

District303aPastPlayer
08-01-2006, 02:37 AM
Way too much money for such an old player....he is just a throw away from being hurt.....ain't saying he's not good, but his days are limited and having and paying him what they did this season was just suicide. Just my opinion, but what good did it do us??? :thinking:

hes not the problem. the problem is the other 8 losers who cant hit behind him when he is on the bump. Roger Clemens is the only bright spot in the roster right now, other than former CC Hook- Matt Albers and current CC Hook Hunter Pence. If they could get the bats alive when Rocket is pitching, things would be better. Last year... he dominated the league when on the bump. He had a less than 1 era... and did his record show for it... NOPE!!! the stros cant hit.

District303aPastPlayer
08-01-2006, 02:38 AM
yah....3 years ago he wont the cy young with a 2.98 ERA, last year he finished 2nd in the ballotting because we couldnt score runs for him with a rock bottom 1.87 ERA , and this year he has a 2.09 ERA and should probably be 7-1 if not 8-0...im sorry but you wont find another pitcher in the majors that has ERAs that low, but yall r right he is old an washed up....good lord, do you people not watch baseball??? him and Oswalt are the 2 most dominate pitchers in the national league, if not all of baseball, that is a deadly 1-2 punch on any team that can score runs...you can say what you want about yeah we need to add a bat but the fact that we cant hit the ball is all the more reason to have a pitching staff that can actually pitch, lord knows what our record would be w/ an average pitching staff, my guess is we would be fight w/ the pirates to stay outa the NL cellar...

ill take Santana and Loriano as my 1-2 punch...

sahen
08-01-2006, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ill take Santana and Loriano as my 1-2 punch... thats y i said they are the 2 most dominate in the national league....i wasnt sure about the whole league so i put "if not the whole league"....it would be a tuff decision if having to pick between those as ur most dominate 1-2 punches, Santana and Loriano will prolly be around longer than Clemens and Oswalt so i'd take them 1st but both of them r ridiculously good....

Hawk Fan Izzy
08-01-2006, 05:14 AM
It's not that hard guys. The ERA is 2. All the Astros have to do is average is more than 2 runs a game.

They can't do that.

As for Clemens being another Jodan?

Sorry. Clemens is still pitching like hwas when he was in his 20's. Jordan with the wizzards was not the Jordan of the Bulls.

THe older Clemens gets, his ERA gets even LOWER!

I mean, ****, if that's not a sign of the guy dominating, I don't know what it is.

The man has an era of 2. Yes, he was 7th in the month, but over the course of the season, I doubt you'll see more than one or two STARTING pitchers with a lower ERA.

Watch the language....lhpm

spiveyrat
08-01-2006, 06:57 AM

Record - 2-4
ERA - 2.09
IP - 47.1
Ks - 40
BB - 11
H - 38
R - 15
Opp Avg. - .217

He didn't impress me at all last year in the postseason. So, when I saw he was coming back, all I could do is sigh. :(

Maroon87
08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Well at least the future is pretty bright. This year is a wash.:(

Now that I've said that it's OK for them to go on a big win streak and get the wild card. Happens every time... ;)

Bulldog_12
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
"hes dominating"?? "facts" take a look at these and tell me again how hes dominating....

MLB Wins...hes 41st w/ 2

i'm done w/ you and this argument...you win...you get the Astros/Clemens Superfan of the Year award...lemme contact Big Daddy Russ and we'll get that right over to you.

W/L is the most worthless stat for a ML Pitcher. They have no control on what happens after they leave the game. it was 5-1 for Rocket the other night and Over the Walls Qualls let it go. Roger is still the most dominate pitcher in baseball right now. If we follow your strategy, we should stop paying players like oswalt, berkman, or ensberg who, due to certain circumstances, cannot get the results that we are used to. The run support SUCKS and that is the ONLY reason Roger has a low W/L. The most important thins to remember is that he only has 8 starts. 33 SO's and a 2.00 ERA is pretty impressive. I would call it dominating.

SWMustang
08-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
and Over the Walls Qualls let it go. .

:D :D :D

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Over the Walls Qualls...that's better than Chok-o Cordero. At least we got rid of our game blower! :)

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Over the Walls Qualls http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9507/hystericalzx9.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9507/hystericalzx9.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9507/hystericalzx9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Maroon87
08-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
At least we got rid of our game blower! :)

I'm sure it wasn't for lack of trying.:eek:

GWOOD
08-01-2006, 02:50 PM
also, as much as i like everett, i was really hoping that they would get tejada. that would have done wonders for the astros (who are lacking a true 3 hole hitter with Berkman hurt).

OK, I am way behind. I have been out of town for a week with no access to newspapers or a computer.

What happened to Berkman?

Maroon87
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
What happened to Berkman?

Groin strain.

Fal44
08-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Can things be any worse..? as long as we dont end up like the cubs i guess they can be worse..

Bulldog_12
08-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Can things be any worse..? as long as we dont end up like the cubs i guess they can be worse..

They could get that way. According to several sources, oswalt and Lidge are pretty hacked with the front office that their names were brought up in trade talks. I can understand why Oswalt feels that way, but couldnt Lidge have seen this coming? I really hope O isnt pissed seeing as he is the best and most consistent pitcher in the roatation.

tigerpride_08
08-01-2006, 08:42 PM

i think clemens is doing great if he could just get run support...

sahen
08-01-2006, 10:30 PM
im glad some other people agree w/ me, last night i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one who thought clemens was worthwhile...

Gobbla2001
08-01-2006, 10:36 PM
im glad some other people agree w/ me, last night i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one who thought clemens was worthwhile...

Hell, his first two games back he gave up two runs in each game, that's pretty damn good until your bats give you a total of zip...

Clemens is still a beast, the bats just aren't workin'...

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Anybody wanna jump on the band wagon after these last couple of series and the 14-0 strumming we are getting right now. lol

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Anybody wanna jump on the band wagon after these last couple of series and the 14-0 strumming we are getting right now. lol

I don't jump on or off...

they really needed this series, blew it last night and just got blown tonight...

Go 'Stros, though...

(Funny, a 'Stros fan braggin' about the 'Stros losing)

District303aPastPlayer
08-22-2006, 08:41 PM
at least ya'll arent cubs fans :(

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't jump on or off...

they really needed this series, blew it last night and just got blown tonight...

Go 'Stros, though...

(Funny, a 'Stros fan braggin' about the 'Stros losing)

Im not braggin. Im very disappointed. This is easily the worst I have seen them in a while. THey are getting beat everywhere. Batting and pitching. Ive told you before, I hop egreat things happen, but I dont think anything special will happen this year.

TPlinebacker53
08-22-2006, 08:44 PM
lets go braves

neck_06
08-22-2006, 08:46 PM
"it ain't over till its over." - Yogi Berra

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Look, i know it isnt over till its over, but there just isnt anything to be hopefuly for. They just look bad. Gar is making bad decisions, nobody is hitting, and it looks like even the players have given up. As soon as the other team gets ahead, they hang their heads like its over.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Im not braggin. Im very disappointed. This is easily the worst I have seen them in a while. THey are getting beat everywhere. Batting and pitching. Ive told you before, I hop egreat things happen, but I dont think anything special will happen this year.

Well your point was nothing would happen... bringing up the fact that nothing is happening tonight (which is for damn sure) in a way of "I told you so" makes me think you're bragging that you were right, that the Astros would not produce to get in, meaning they'd lose, which is what they're doing tonight and what you're bragging about...

You lack the faith man, you gotta keep the faith... chances are nothing will happen, but true fans of teams have faith (until no math could produce anything successful for them, in which case you support them through the end of their season)...

BTW, I was using the term " 'Stros Fan " loosely

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Well your point was nothing would happen... bringing up the fact that nothing is happening tonight (which is for damn sure) in a way of "I told you so" makes me think you're bragging that you were right, that the Astros would not produce to get in, meaning they'd lose, which is what they're doing tonight and what you're bragging about...

You lack the faith man, you gotta keep the faith... chances are nothing will happen, but true fans of teams have faith (until no math could produce anything successful for them, in which case you support them through the end of their season)...

BTW, I was using the term " 'Stros Fan " loosely

Im still a fan, i still support them, but I dont want to. Why would I WANT to when even the team is giving up on themselves? I kept the faith last year when they were WAY below .500 at the beginning. I just cant have faith in a team that doesnt have it themselves.

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I will keep going for Taveras' hit streak though, which tied the club record at 25 tonight. The future looks good with players like Burke and Taveras and Scott.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Im still a fan, i still support them, but I dont want to. Why would I WANT to when even the team is giving up on themselves? I kept the faith last year when they were WAY below .500 at the beginning. I just cant have faith in a team that doesnt have it themselves.

And you know they have given up on themselves HOW?

I mean in football you can tell... the guy gets the ball and instead of turning it upfield on 3rd and 7 he runs straight to the sideline...

But in baseball? What, they didn't hit the ball? That's been happening since the start of the year...

The bullpen gave up some runs? That happened earlier in the year...

They look down? They never smile from what I know, and this sure wouldn't be the time to be smiling anyway...

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:00 PM
I will keep going for Taveras' hit streak though, which tied the club record at 25 tonight. The future looks good with players like Burke and Taveras and Scott.

I agree

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:01 PM
And you know they have given up on themselves HOW?

I mean in football you can tell... the guy gets the ball and instead of turning it upfield on 3rd and 7 he runs straight to the sideline...

But in baseball? What, they didn't hit the ball? That's been happening since the start of the year...

The bullpen gave up some runs? That happened earlier in the year...

They look down? They never smile from what I know, and this sure wouldn't be the time to be smiling anyway...

You can read peoples body language. In the middle of a game they completely change. They dont look determined when they are down. They always look beat. Its not hard to tell if someone has given up.

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:03 PM
You can read peoples body language. In the middle of a game they completely change. They dont look determined when they are down. They always look beat. Its not hard to tell if someone has given up.

Well I understand your whole deal on them not looking determined... I don't see it but maybe you're Mr. Cleo...

I know you're a fan, but you gotta hang in there and try and not rub it in my face if they don't get the wildcard :D

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:04 PM
Well I understand your whole deal on them not looking determined... I don't see it but maybe you're Mr. Cleo...

I know you're a fan, but you gotta hang in there and try and not rub it in my face if they don't get the wildcard :D

No way. If they dont get it Im coming back on here with an ego the size of Hirsh's ERA. :p

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
No way. If they dont get it Im coming back on here with an ego the size of Hirsh's ERA. :p

best not foo :mad:

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:08 PM
best not foo :mad:

I am, whats one more person on the Cuero hates Bulldog_12 list. lol:D

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:10 PM
I am, whats one more person on the Cuero hates Bulldog_12 list. lol:D

One more person?

I won't hate ya, I'd just ask you to please remove your avatar :p

GreenGobbla
08-22-2006, 09:11 PM
It is now official. I am done with the Stros for this year. They did NOTHING to better themselves for a run to the postseason. The Rangers beefed up to try and make a run and so did the Dodgers, but did the Astros............NO! I cant believe they didnt get anyone. Oh well, according to the ballclub there's always next year.

you should have been done with the stros when they got swept in the series last year...haha

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
you should have been done with the stros when they got swept in the series last year...haha

You should go to bed...

Hell I am, didn't get any sleep last night...

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
One more person?

I won't hate ya, I'd just ask you to please remove your avatar :p

Yeah, youd have to be behind Green Gobbla and Magic man. So I am pretty sure half the Cuero people on here have it out for me.:D

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, youd have to be behind Green Gobbla and Magic man. So I am pretty sure half the Cuero people on here have it out for me.:D

The only thing we've really ever disagreed on are the Astros as of late... but we did agree on them last year as well as plenty other things...

So until your name is Keith7, I will not dislike you

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
The only thing we've really ever disagreed on are the Astros as of late... but we did agree on them last year as well as plenty other things...

So until your name is Keith7, I will not dislike you

HAHA, good call. Glad to know I wont be ****listed until I reach Keith7 status.

GreenGobbla
08-22-2006, 09:14 PM
You should go to bed...

Hell I am, didn't get any sleep last night...

go to bed? are you my dad now?

hell i dont get sleep any night, you dont need to sleep, just stay up all night, promise you it works

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:15 PM
HAHA, good call. Glad to know I wont be ****listed until I reach Keith7 status.

To reach that you would have to have a period for about five straight years...

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:16 PM
To reach that you would have to have a period for about five straight years...

ewwww, sounds absolutely gruesome. I doubt I reach that. But ya never know.:devil:

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:17 PM
go to bed? are you my dad now?

hell i dont get sleep any night, you dont need to sleep, just stay up all night, promise you it works

You goin' to work in the morning?

Didn't get sleep all weekend, went to work Monday morning, went to bed at 2:00 this morning and was up at 7:00 to get ready for work, need to sleep...

nite

GreenGobbla
08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
You goin' to work in the morning?

Didn't get sleep all weekend, went to work Monday morning, went to bed at 2:00 yesterday morning and was up at 7:00 to get read for work, need to sleep...

nite

i work at night online poker...been working out good so far...and i didnt mean to be a smartass to you, i just dont like that bulldog guy

Bulldog_12
08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
i work at night online poker...been working out good so far...and i didnt mean to be a smartass to you, i just dont like that bulldog guy :rolleyes:

GreenGobbla
08-22-2006, 09:19 PM
:rolleyes:

:D

Gobbla2001
08-22-2006, 09:20 PM
i work at night online poker...been working out good so far...and i didnt mean to be a smartass to you, i just dont like that bulldog guy

hell he's a good guy... but win me some money, son!

nite folks

The Kracken
08-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Lidge hasnt been ne good since Puljois jack on him in the NL championship series look what happened in the World Series