PDA

View Full Version : Join a T.A.R.D. in the Chat

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Come on in, make your Monday night better. Just think if you don't come how much information and culture you will miss out on. The choice is yours, and I'm looking to you all to do the right thing.

piratebg
07-31-2006, 08:48 PM
What the heck is a T.A.R.D.?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2006, 08:50 PM
T.A.R.D.-(noun), a person in a distinguished league of gentlemen that comprise the organization known as T.A.R.D.

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
What the heck is a T.A.R.D.?
:doh: You had to ask, didn't you? :D

piratebg
07-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Let me try rephrasing?

What does the "T" stand for?

What does the "A" stand for?

What does the "R" stand for?

What does the "D" stand for?

SintonFan
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Let me try rephrasing?

What does the "T" stand for?

What does the "A" stand for?

What does the "R" stand for?

What does the "D" stand for?
ehhh...
If you add an "R" and an "E" in front it would all make sense. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Sintonfan, you should know better than to joke around with people that genuinely do not like you. As for piratebg, that information is given out to people on a membership basis only.

piratebg
07-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Sintonfan, you should know better than to joke around with people that genuinely do not like you. As for piratebg, that information is given out to people on a membership basis only.

Membership basis only.........hmmmmm.......retards......gotcha. :thumbsup:

SintonFan
07-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Membership basis only.........hmmmmm.......retards......gotcha. :thumbsup:
PM me what bbvd said as he's been on my bozo filter for some time now...:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
PM me what bbvd said as he's been on my bozo filter for some time now...:D
That's really mature...how old are you...35?

mwynn05
07-31-2006, 09:22 PM
PM me what bbvd said as he's been on my bozo filter for some time now...:D Dude, come on! You came into a thread he made to insult him and now your gonna say you cant see what he says? He said nothing to you, you brought your self into this whole situation. You're a grown man leave 18 year old kids alone. You wouldn't like it if I picked on your son or daughter. It would be about the same age difference as this little deal.

Emerson1
08-01-2006, 12:58 AM
He's an idiot. He will probably reply with some lame joke now

and I'm not the only one that thinks so.

eagles_victory
08-01-2006, 01:01 AM
PM me what bbvd said as he's been on my bozo filter for some time now...:D How dare you insult T.A.R.D and its members. :mad:

injuredinmelee
08-01-2006, 07:31 AM
how do you use the bozo filter? I think anyone that would use the word tard is gonna be on mine.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
How dare you insult T.A.R.D and its members. :mad:

considering that you are the "Chief of State"...you should be insulted often. If you wanted a real political title...you would have chosen one of these:

Chief of STAFF
SECRETARY of State

:doh:

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 10:45 AM
T.A.R.D. repoed a lady's furniture at 7:55 am yesterday.

:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
considering that you are the "Chief of State"...you should be insulted often. If you wanted a real political title...you would have chosen one of these:

Chief of STAFF
SECRETARY of State

:doh:

Actually, it wasn't a mistake, it is an ingenious combination of the two titles. Trust me, I thought the same thing you did, but e_v had a very good reason for what he did.

eagles_victory
08-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Actually, it wasn't a mistake, it is an ingenious combination of the two titles. Trust me, I thought the same thing you did, but e_v had a very good reason for what he did. T.A.R.D isnt worried about adidas guy thought he had something when ive already explained that so evs not worried about haters like adidas kids a joke anyways lol

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
T.A.R.D isnt worried about adidas guy thought he had something when ive already explained that so evs not worried about haters like adidas kids a joke anyways lol
Kid??:confused:

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:20 PM
T.A.R.D isnt worried about adidas guy thought he had something when ive already explained that so evs not worried about haters like adidas kids a joke anyways lol

let me know when you finish up with puberty alright? :thumbsup:

eagles_victory
08-01-2006, 01:24 PM
let me know when you finish up with puberty alright? :thumbsup: let me know when you start :rolleyes:

Big Papa
08-01-2006, 01:29 PM
question: Can you be a TARD and member of Fantom:thinking: :thinking:

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
let me know when you start :rolleyes:

arguing with a high school kid...I'm not even going to waste my time. I'm sure that you have better 18 yr old comebacks than I do. So let me know when you get past being a teenager. Maybe by then you will have learned how to put together an argument instead of the mindless, arrogant ramblings that the downlow must suffer through from you these days.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa

Why would you want to be when you have the heads of both organizations, calling each other names and acting like they are 8?

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM

anybody can be a TARD...but why would you want to join the high school club?

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 01:32 PM

I believe GreenMonster is. T.A.R.D. isn't afraid of members who choose to blur the boundaries.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I don't know what T.A.R.D. stands for, and probably don't wanna know.

But I think its sad .... injuredinmelee finds it offensive for obvious reasons and has brought that topic up before.

I cringe for him everytime I see it!

eagles_victory
08-01-2006, 01:34 PM
adidas shut up your the one who has pointless power posting and his signature is look how close i am to being a top 10 posters. Everything you ever do is to see how high your post count is and if you remember you started crap with me. That is what seems kind of immature to me. Its funny for you to start crap and then call me immature.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:37 PM
adidas shut up your the one who has pointless power posting and his signature is look how close i am to being a top 10 posters. Everything you ever do is to see how high your post count is and if you remember you started crap with me. That is what seems kind of immature to me. Its funny for you to start crap and then call me immature.

I wasn't "starting crap"...I was pointing out how dumb I thought your signature was. What is your point about my posting??? I'm still waiting for you to make one. Any time now... :thinking:

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

But I think its sad .... injuredinmelee finds it offensive for obvious reasons and has brought that topic up before.

true...knowing Injured and his family...I totally agree with what his feelings are on the subject. I'll just leave it at that...

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
We've entered the twilight zone

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

or the boring "ooo...I'm cool cuz I argue over the internet" zone! :rolleyes: Oh well...it passes the time towards 5 either way...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I am too a member of F.A.N.T.O.M., and GreenMonster is a member of T.A.R.D. We are members of both groups to demonstrate the goodwill between the two organizations. Let us all try to coexist here, if you have a problem with a member, don't try to take down our organization when you insult him, if you have a problem, take it up with that member like a man.

Ranger Mom

They can talk crap about the "OWCHI's" all they want....at least we can conduct ourselves in public and take care of any "bumps" that may arise without making a spectacle of ourselves!!

pirate4state
or the boring "ooo...I'm cool cuz I argue over the internet" zone! :rolleyes: Oh well...it passes the time towards 5 either way... You need to slow down buddy!!!! :mad: :mad: ;)

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I am too a member of F.A.N.T.O.M., and GreenMonster is a member of T.A.R.D. We are members of both groups to demonstrate the goodwill between the two organizations. Let us all try to coexist here, if you have a problem with a member, don't try to take down our organization when you insult him, if you have a problem, take it up with that member like a man.

If you want to call me out...just do it directly. I'm surely not going to be offended. Plus...if I'm going to call out your "Chief of State" (a moronic title IMO)...then his actions would directly reflect on your club.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
T.A.R.D. is willing to enlist members of O.W.C.H.I. who demonstrate the qualities that or membership requires.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
If you want to call me out...just do it directly. I'm surely not going to be offended. Plus...if I'm going to call out your "Chief of State" (a moronic title IMO)...then his actions would directly reflect on your club.
I made that statement to the general public, not just you in particular. True, his actions do reflect on my club, but what he said was in defense of my club, you were the person who started throwing insults towards him. I applaud him for trying to protect the honor of our organization.

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
I think my presense doesn't fit properly with any organization. However, I will take part in strategic allegiances with the greater good of mankind in mind. I'm sorry, but I must resign from T.A.R.D.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 01:46 PM
I made that statement to the general public, not just you in particular. True, his actions do reflect on my club, but what he said was in defense of my club, you were the person who started throwing insults towards him. I applaud him for trying to protect the honor of our organization.

Honor is earned...not claimed. Let me know when some has been earned.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Honor is earned...not claimed. Let me know when some has been earned.

We have done nothing dishonorable. Every man has a certain level of honor and pride that they maintain. You do not have to look at us as honorable, but as long as we maintain our standards of moral decency, that is all that matters. You may judge us how you like, but it won't mean much seeing as how it is coming from a person who tries to start arguments for his own self-satisfaction. You threw the first punch, don't expect people to sit back and take it.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 01:53 PM
T.A.R.D. is willing to enlist members of O.W.C.H.I. who demonstrate the qualities that or membership requires.

And that would be??

And what does it mean anyway??

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
And that would be??

And what does it mean anyway?? :doh: :doh: We went round & round yesterday and I still didn't get any answers. Where are those monkeys???? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 01:57 PM
:doh: :doh: We went round & round yesterday and I still didn't get any answers. Where are those monkeys???? :thinking:

Maybe they don't even know themselves???:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
The meaning behind the name is known only by our members, and membership is given on an invitation-only basis. Invitations are given out based on a person's point of view on certain subjects.

SPF25
08-01-2006, 01:59 PM
The meaning behind the name is known only by our members, and membership is given on an invitation-only basis. Invitations are given out based on a person's point of view on certain subjects. i think that means YOU DONT WANNA KNOW! lol

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
i think that means YOU DONT WANNA KNOW! lol

you probably need to lean a bit to the left...

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2006, 02:04 PM

:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 02:05 PM
you probably need to lean a bit to the left... lean to the right, now slide baby, slide....http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/beatit.gif

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
It's an acronym, not a word.

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
It's an acronym, not a word. That represents something we can talk about on the board?:thinking: :thinking:

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That represents something we can talk about on the board?:thinking: :thinking:

:thumbsup:

I still that Hops is a male OWCHI member! ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
That represents something we can talk about on the board?:thinking: :thinking:

The meaning behind the acronym has been discussed numerous times on the board.

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:12 PM
That represents something we can talk about on the board?:thinking: :thinking: Or not??:devil: :devil:

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:14 PM
The meaning behind the acronym has been discussed numerous times on the board. Discussed and then closed or locked.:devil: :devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Discussed and then closed or locked.:devil: :devil:
All threads have the possibility to be closed or locked. I'm sure threads that have contained this discussion have been closed on ocassion, but I'm positive that there are many threads that have had this discussion have not been closed.

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm sure threads that have contained this discussion have been closed on ocassion. I think only when they got to this point:flamingma :flamingma, but I agree with you that it doesn't happen all the time. :thumbsup:

SPF25
08-01-2006, 02:21 PM
lean to the right, now slide baby, slide....http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/beatit.gif

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif sorry but dancing just isnt my thing.:D

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
:thumbsup:

I still that Hops is a male OWCHI member! ;) :thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Whatever it means.....acronym or not, it is STILL offensive to someone.

I know we have some "petty" people on here.....but injured has a legitimate argument IMO....

If you put yourself in his place, I think you would understand!

I want no part of it simply for that reason!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I was not aware that anyone had a problem with the acronym. I have never been confronted with a complaint, and if someone had a legitimate problem with it, then I would definately take it into consideration.

DaHop72
08-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Whatever it means.....acronym or not, it is STILL offensive to someone.

.....but injured has a legitimate argument IMO....

If you put your self in his place, I think you would understand!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I was not aware that anyone had a problem with the acronym. I have never been confronted with a complaint, and if someone had a legitimate problem with it, then I would definately take it into consideration.

Are you not reading the replies to this thread? Every other post
comments on it. :rolleyes:

CenTexSports
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM
All condolences to injured but it is just an acronym. There are billions of people in the world and everyone is sensitive to something. Can't people just get a little thicker skin. If it was directed at him or his family, different feeling but this seems to be an innocent thread and name.

This reminds me of kids running to mom crying "He called me a dodo." (Or something similar.)

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 02:35 PM

This was on the first page (maybe the 2nd ) of this very thread:

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
how do you use the bozo filter? I think anyone that would use the word "tard" is gonna be on mine.

We have had this discussion before...when someone would say something was "retarded". Injured let us know that he has a son with "Down Syndrome" and that word being thrown around like that was offensive to him.

I had to look at it from his point. I will admit to saying that something I thought was dumb or stupid was "retarded"....it took injureds post for me to realize what I was REALLY doing.

I apologized to him and I made a conscious effort to watch what words I use!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Are you not reading the replies to this thread? Every other post
comments on it. :rolleyes:
No, I'm reading them, but I have heard no complaint from the person that they say has a problem with it. If he has a problem, he can come to me with it. I'm not at all upset that he has a problem, but I would at least like to know from him what offends him and if after a discussion he feels that it is insensitive, then the proper actions will be taken. I appreciate your concern, but I can read and comprehend very well.

Emerson1
08-01-2006, 02:37 PM
No one was talking about the 're' part until sintonfan went running his mouth as usual.

I never thought of t.a.r.d that way. I was going on tard sounding like turd.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
All condolences to injured but it is just an acronym. There are billions of people in the world and everyone is sensitive to something. Can't people just get a little thicker skin. If it was directed at him or his family, different feeling but this seems to be an innocent thread and name.

This reminds me of kids running to mom crying "He called me a dodo." (Or something similar.)

For Use of Carnal Knowledge is also an acronym these days....we cant use it on THIS board though!!!:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 02:40 PM
This was on the first page (maybe the 2nd ) of this very thread:

We have had this discussion before...when someone would say something was "retarded". Injured let us know that he has a son with "Down Syndrome" and that word being thrown around like that was offensive to him.

I had to look at it from his point. I will admit to saying that something I thought was dumb or stupid was "retarded"....it took injureds post for me to realize what I was REALLY doing.

I apologized to him and I made a conscious effort to watch what words I use!

My mother used to take care of a mentally disabled child. He was the same age as me and I spent a lot of my childhood growing up with him, and I remember crying whenever he passed away a few years ago. If the title itself is derrogatory to anyone, it is to it's members who have already faced the insults for the inferences of the name. The name was never created with the intentions to make fun of humans with disabilities, people are only trying to twist it around to be that way, and that I cannot change.

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Should this thread and the abbreviation thread from a few days
ago be merged? :D :nerd: :D

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Frankly, I don't see how you people can find T.A.R.D. offensive when so many members here use "gay" and "fag" frequently as derogatory terms. The pendulum swings both ways. Respect EVERYONE and this won't be an issue.

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2006, 02:52 PM

Where's the line between someone being insensitive and another
person being too sensitive? :thinking:

If someone tells a racial joke on here are they being insensitive or
are the ones offended by it being too sensitive? :thinking:

CenTexSports
08-01-2006, 02:53 PM
There is a difference between the use of a limited acronym that is just a part of a word and a truly offensive word to almost everyone should be easy ro distinguish. TARD vs F__k. I would say there is a marked difference.

I have been thinking about it and maybe ya'll are right. I think the name of the board should be changed. Downlow is offensive to me and so of my friends. It has a negative meaning and it should not be tolerated. Thanks in advance for changing our name to the 3a Somewhat Low.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Frankly, I don't see how you people can find T.A.R.D. offensive when so many members here use "gay" and "fag" frequently as derogatory terms. The pendulum swings both ways. Respect EVERYONE and this won't be an issue.

However...we don't have people on this board that have openly said "I am homosexual and I am offended by the usage of that word." On numerous occassions, Injured has stated that he is offended by the usage of the word retard.

He even provided us with a link to this website...

http://www.abilenefamilies.com/

and you can click on "A Major Blessing" to read a story from the Abilene paper about his son.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 02:58 PM

I can only speak for myself and I explained above why!

I haven't told anyone they couldnt say it, use it, or whatever.

I just choose not too!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 03:00 PM
However...we don't have people on this board that have openly said "I am homosexual and I am offended by the usage of that word." On numerous occassions, Injured has stated that he is offended by the usage of the word retard.

He even provided us with a link to this website...

http://www.abilenefamilies.com/

and you can click on "A Major Blessing" to read a story from the Abilene paper about his son.

That would be well and good if, through our name, we were trying to insult humans with disabilities, but we are not. The only people have has said anything about mentally disabled people have been those that are outside of our organization. Do not talk about things that you do not know about.

eagles_victory
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
We do not tolerate negative remarks or comments about down syndrome or "retarded" people in T.A.R.D we made an acronym and this just happened to be what it turned out to be. If you think im against down syndrome kids all you have to do is ask around the community of Fairfield I have invited down syndrome kids in my house on numerous occasions. I use to have a down syndrome friend that came to my house everyday to play NCAA football 06 and then I would take him home or to the school to ride the bus so there is no way that i am in anyway against down syndrome kids. I would NOT be with this organization if making fun of retarded people was what it was about.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
That would be well and good if, through our name, we were trying to insult humans with disabilities, but we are not. The only people have has said anything about mentally disabled people have been those that are outside of our organization. Do not talk about things that you do not know about.
If you actually read whom I was quoting...I was replying to somebody who was a member of your club. You can't call yourself an organization when you have 3 members...and nothing organized. Don't deviate from what I was talking about with Blast. He made a statement...and I pointed out what discrepencies there were. I wasn't talking about you or your stupid club. I have no desire to do so because I don't care to know about it. Any time that you decide to stop trying to speak with such authority when you are unable to stay on topic...feel free to let us know! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 03:04 PM

I was talking about something I evidently knew nothing about....still don't actually!!

But the FIRST thing I saw when I saw TARD in someone's signature is..."Rick isn't gonna like this"!!

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I would NOT be with this organization if making fun of retarded people was what it was about.

No one is accusing you of that either...

Emerson1
08-01-2006, 03:08 PM
It was sintonfan who ever said anything about the word retard.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:09 PM
We do not tolerate negative remarks or comments about down syndrome or "retarded" people in T.A.R.D we made an acronym and this just happened to be what it turned out to be.

To "make an acronym"...people tend to start with letters and work backwords. You don't just come up with a random phrase and say "oh look...those letters are fun!" Also...why don't you just reveal what it means? Nobody here cares about your 3-man lovefest. Nobody is really that interested in joining your club so just let it out of the bag.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It was sintonfan who ever said anything about the word retard.

hey...we get it...you don't like SintonFan.

Emerson1
08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry you are going on and on blaming t.a.r.d. for stuff. When none of them ever mentioned the word.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 03:14 PM
If you actually read whom I was quoting...I was replying to somebody who was a member of your club. You can't call yourself an organization when you have 3 members...and nothing organized. Don't deviate from what I was talking about with Blast. He made a statement...and I pointed out what discrepencies there were. I wasn't talking about you or your stupid club. I have no desire to do so because I don't care to know about it. Any time that you decide to stop trying to speak with such authority when you are unable to stay on topic...feel free to let us know! :thumbsup:
Apparently you have trouble comprehending what you read. I understand that you said that injuredinmelee has a problem with the term retard, but I was reaffirming the fact that we are not trying to use the term retard nor insult people with disabilities. You have done enough to try to make it out as though T.A.R.D. is an unworthy organization, and I would not put it past you to try to make it out as though we were insulting those with disabilities. Throughout this thread you have done nothing but start arguments. I would much rather be spending my time doing something else instead of having to defend myself and this organization from the slander of you. I have not tried to speak with authority, I have tried to speak with a steadfast devotion to uphold the character of myself and my organization and my fellow members. I'm not going to let you or anyone else try to tell people what we stand for whenever you do not even know. This would not be an ongoing discussion if it were not for you, always trying to stir the pot. My suggestion to you is to get a life outside of starting confrontations on message boards.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
OMG! Am I gonna have to close this damn thread??

I was probably the one who brought it up, or BACK up anyway...so yall feel free to jump on me too!!

GreenMonster
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
I pulled it from my sig due to the fact that I never considered the slur it is similar to. My apologies to anyone that may have been offended, especially Injured. Sorry Big Guy, I didn't think that one through. I was caught in what it actually stands for. Unfortunately I agreed upon joining not to reveal the actual name of the organization. By Laws state that you have to be a member to know. BBDE, sorry Bro. Had to pull it. It's pretty insensitive if you think about it. I know that isn't the point of the acronym as well, but right is right. Do what's right too. You'll feel better about yourself tomorrow.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
To "make an acronym"...people tend to start with letters and work backwords. You don't just come up with a random phrase and say "oh look...those letters are fun!" Also...why don't you just reveal what it means? Nobody here cares about your 3-man lovefest. Nobody is really that interested in joining your club so just let it out of the bag.

We don't reveal what it means because we simply do not want to. If you really did not care what it means, you would not ask us to reveal it, and you would definately not be trying to accuse the members of being homosexual. If you aren't interested, don't open this thread again and do not reply.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:21 PM
We don't reveal what it means because we simply do not want to. If you really did not care what it means, you would not ask us to reveal it, and you would definately not be trying to accuse the members of being homosexual. If you aren't interested, don't open this thread again and do not reply.

Show me two things...

1) where did I accuse anybody in your club of being homosexual?

2) Where did I say that anybody in your club was deliberately trying to spell out (re)tard?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I pulled it from my sig due to the fact that I never considered the slur it is similar to. My apologies to anyone that may have been offended, especially Injured. Sorry Big Guy, I didn't think that one through. I was caught in what it actually stands for. Unfortunately I agreed upon joining not to reveal the actual name of the organization. By Laws state that you have to be a member to know. BBDE, sorry Bro. Had to pull it. It's pretty insensitive if you think about it. I know that isn't the point of the acronym as well, but right is right. Do what's right too. You'll feel better about yourself tomorrow.

You do not have to apologize to me, I have already been deliberating on a new name for our organization with the same principles so that we would not be under scrutiny for being insensitive. I understand your position, but I am not going to take it off of my signature line because I feel that I meant nothing derrogatory by the name, and if people want to look at it that way, then shame on them, not me. I am changing the name out of respect to injuredinmelee, because I know that as long as this name stands, certain individuals will try to twist it around to reflect something that only a heartless individual would laugh about.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Show me two things...

1) where did I accuse anybody in your club of being homosexual?

2) Where did I say that anybody in your club was deliberately trying to spell out (re)tard?

You clearly stated that we were having a "lovefest" among our members, who are all males. As for #2, I never said that you did, but I did say that I would not put it past you to do so, seeing as how you have waged a personal war against our organization for reasons that I do not even know. I've never even talked to you, but I open up a thread from last night and all I read is your slander, and when I try to be diplomatic, you turn your aggressions away from one member towards me. Why, I have no idea. I assume that you get your kicks out of starting arguments on a message board, either that, or you have no life in the outside world.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:35 PM
You clearly stated that we were having a "lovefest" among our members, who are all males. As for #2, I never said that you did, but I did say that I would not put it past you to do so, seeing as how you have waged a personal war against our organization for reasons that I do not even know. I've never even talked to you, but I open up a thread from last night and all I read is your slander, and when I try to be diplomatic, you turn your aggressions away from one member towards me. Why, I have no idea. I assume that you get your kicks out of starting arguments on a message board, either that, or you have no life in the outside world.

1. Lovefest...not infering any homosexuality. Simply saying "you guys think your club is oh so cool" and giving you a hard time about it because you think "oh we better defend our internet club". ;)

2. I have no "personal war against your organization." As I've stated I have no interest in your little club. Also, I wasn't slandering anybody last night. I made one quib this morning...and then nothing else until this afternoon once your buddy e_v tried to run his mouth for a few...he has since been quieted down when he realized that he, just like you now, have no leg to stand on. You have created this idea that I am somehow against your club and (this is the best/worst part) think that I would accuse you of making fun of people with disabilities. You even feel the need to say "oh look...I've done this, this, and this with disabled people" as if you feel that you must somehow prove yourself. Remember...I haven't accused anybody of anything...I simply stated that I thought the title of Chief of State showed a lack of intelligence and comprehension of the executive branch of government. The fact that you have tried to spin this 17 different ways is totally beyond me. Amongst all 90 or so posts...I have yet to see you make much of an argument against what you have perceived as "an attack/war (love the "real life words" to describe a pointless, internet discussion) against your 'organization' (it's a club...an organization actually gets together and does something productive...yall haven't)".

I'll leave you with this thought...try and let it soak in.

Don't take life [on the downlow] so serious, you'll never get out alive. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I was the one who brought up that some might find offensive and quoted injureds post.

Nothing was said about it AT ALL before I said it.

I can't help it that that is what I see when I see TARD.

I never said anything about your "organization"....and this whole thread has gotten completely out of hand.

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 03:42 PM
OMG! Am I gonna have to close this damn thread??

I was probably the one who brought it up, or BACK up anyway...so yall feel free to jump on me too!!

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/jump.gif http://www.kit.netpoets.net/jump.gif http://www.kit.netpoets.net/jump.gif

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I was the one who brought up that some might find offensive and quoted injureds post.

Nothing was said about it AT ALL before I said it.

I can't help it that that is what I see when I see TARD.

I never said anything about your "organization"....and this whole thread has gotten completely out of hand.

blah....blah...blah

This is just a time passer at this point. I'm not even reading over what I'm saying. Just shooting from the hip and hoping it all adds up. I love getting BBDE worked up over useless stuff. Politics and an internet club can really ruffle his feathers.

http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gif

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 03:44 PM
1. Lovefest...not infering any homosexuality. Simply saying "you guys think your club is oh so cool" and giving you a hard time about it because you think "oh we better defend our internet club". ;)

2. I have no "personal war against your organization." As I've stated I have no interest in your little club. Also, I wasn't slandering anybody last night. I made one quib this morning...and then nothing else until this afternoon once your buddy e_v tried to run his mouth for a few...he has since been quieted down when he realized that he, just like you now, have no leg to stand on. You have created this idea that I am somehow against your club and (this is the best/worst part) think that I would accuse you of making fun of people with disabilities. You even feel the need to say "oh look...I've done this, this, and this with disabled people" as if you feel that you must somehow prove yourself. Remember...I haven't accused anybody of anything...I simply stated that I thought the title of Chief of State showed a lack of intelligence and comprehension of the executive branch of government. The fact that you have tried to spin this 17 different ways is totally beyond me. Amongst all 90 or so posts...I have yet to see you make much of an argument against what you have perceived as "an attack/war (love the "real life words" to describe a pointless, internet discussion) against your 'organization' (it's a club...an organization actually gets together and does something productive...yall haven't)".

I'll leave you with this thought...try and let it soak in.

Don't take life [on the downlow] so serious, you'll never get out alive. :thumbsup:

I created this thread last night, I did not say that you posted what you did last night. You were arguing with e_v, and he stopped because I asked him to. I never had to create the idea that you were against T.A.R.D., you have shown that yourself through your numerous attacks. I said that I would not put it past you to try to accuse us of making fun of the mentally disabled, I never said that you did. You have done nothing put put your nose in someone else's business. I know this is a message board, but that does not mean that you always are going to have something meaningful to add or that someone wants to read what you have to say. I said what I did about the mentally challenged to make it absolutely clear to everyone, and most importantly injuredinmelee, that we were not trying to exploit the disabilities of others. I have never tried to spin the situation away from the only reason I have been posting on this thread, and that is to defend myself. You try to make it out like I am wrong for trying to defend my character, but many people on here know me and understand that I am a very proud person. I never took a stab at you, but you have been thrusting the knife towards me since I first posted with no regard as to what you have been saying. Have some tact, and please stop posting on this thread, because I never posted it with the intentions of starting an argument, I just wanted people to join in on a friendly discussion, but thanks to the help of you this thread has turned into a jumbled mess of contempt. Good job.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I created this thread last night, I did not say that you posted what you did last night. You were arguing with e_v, and he stopped because I asked him to. I never had to create the idea that you were against T.A.R.D., you have shown that yourself through your numerous attacks. I said that I would not put it past you to try to accuse us of making fun of the mentally disabled, I never said that you did. You have done nothing put put your nose in someone else's business. I know this is a message board, but that does not mean that you always are going to have something meaningful to add or that someone wants to read what you have to say. I said what I did about the mentally challenged to make it absolutely clear to everyone, and most importantly injuredinmelee, that we were not trying to exploit the disabilities of others. I have never tried to spin the situation away from the only reason I have been posting on this thread, and that is to defend myself. You try to make it out like I am wrong for trying to defend my character, but many people on here know me and understand that I am a very proud person. I never took a stab at you, but you have been thrusting the knife towards me since I first posted with no regard as to what you have been saying. Have some tact, and please stop posting on this thread, because I never posted it with the intentions of starting an argument, I just wanted people to join in on a friendly discussion, but thanks to the help of you this thread has turned into a jumbled mess of contempt. Good job.

Like I already said...don't take things so seriously. Nobody is "attacking your character." Nobody is "thrusting the knife towards you." Don't get so worked up over it...it's nothing! You are ALWAYS convinced that somebody is out to get you. Like I just said in my last post...I love picking on you about anything because you will get so worked up over it and be like "oh no...I didn't do that. Our club is full of honor and is blah, blah, blah."

Blah, blah, blah...whine, whine, whine...

That's all people are hearing from you. I'm just the guy who doesn't mind giving you the http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/064.gif to watch you get all worked up OVER NOTHING!!! :thumbsup:

CenTexSports
08-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Why didn't some one comment on MY problem. I think the term Downlow is offensive. Change the name or I will report you to the PC police. The new name MUST be 3A Some What Low.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
blah....blah...blah

This is just a time passer at this point. I'm not even reading over what I'm saying. Just shooting from the hip and hoping it all adds up. I love getting BBDE worked up over useless stuff. Politics and an internet club can really ruffle his feathers.

http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gif

How dare you quote me and say "blah blah blah"!!:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
STOP IT!!! :foul: If you don't stop right now you will leave me in the dust before the month is out! :mad:

:nerd: :D

Ranger Mom
Why didn't some one comment on MY problem. I think the term Downlow is offensive. Change the name or I will report you to the PC police. The new name MUST be 3A Some What Low.

:confused: :confused:

pirate4state
Why didn't some one comment on MY problem. I think the term Downlow is offensive. Change the name or I will report you to the PC police. The new name MUST be 3A Some What Low. Where is the PC police station?

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
STOP IT!!! :foul: If you don't stop right now you will leave me in the dust before the month is out! :mad:

:nerd: :D

That's right...I'm a post padder! :thumbsup:

I hadn't even thought of that until now. I needed something to get my #'s up. I've been over on PG's board and Galleywinter a bunch lately so it's slowed me down a bit over here.

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Has anybody else gotten a head ache from reading a thread?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Adidas just admitted to being a post padder (pp for short) ;) :evillaugh

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM
How dare you quote me and say "blah blah blah"!!:eek: :eek:

It was just a general rant. I never think that about your comments.

44INAROW
Where is the PC police station?

Car 54, where are you?

DaHop72
This thread is beginning to resemble my little "cobra" smilie.:D :D

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 03:59 PM
It was just a general rant. I never think that about your comments.

Yeah.....That's what I thought!!!!;)

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2006, 04:00 PM

Yeah about six pages ago. :D

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 04:00 PM

Oh hush!!!

Ya'll are just jealous because it's not about Sweetwater and Snyder!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Dang.....I feel ornery today!!:D :D

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 04:01 PM

That's why I stretch my thread views out to 40 per page. I'm only on page 3 instead of page 11 right now! ;)

pirate4state
08-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh hush!!!

Ya'll are just jealous because it's not about Sweetwater and Snyder!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Dang.....I feel ornery today!!:D :D Just great! You had to bring go and bring up S&S!!! :tongue: :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Just great! You had to bring go and bring up S&S!!! :tongue: :D :D :D

Oh..you know that was funny.

Admit it!!

CenTexSports
08-01-2006, 04:03 PM
RM, by onery do you mean onery or do you mean something else?

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
RM, by onery do you mean onery or do you mean something else?

Whatever do you mean??:thinking:

CenTexSports
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Just a ditry mind trying to stay in the gutter where I feel most comfortable.

Ranger Mom
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Just a ditry mind trying to stay in the gutter where I feel most comfortable.

Yeah...that's kinda what I thought!!:p :p

In answer to your question....Ill never tell!;)

Sweetwater Red
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh hush!!!

Dang.....I feel ornery today!!:D :D

Have you noticed that there hasn't been one of those in a while?

Have you noticed who has been MIA during this same time? :D

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Like I already said...don't take things so seriously. Nobody is "attacking your character." Nobody is "thrusting the knife towards you." Don't get so worked up over it...it's nothing! You are ALWAYS convinced that somebody is out to get you. Like I just said in my last post...I love picking on you about anything because you will get so worked up over it and be like "oh no...I didn't do that. Our club is full of honor and is blah, blah, blah."

Blah, blah, blah...whine, whine, whine...

That's all people are hearing from you. I'm just the guy who doesn't mind giving you the http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/064.gif to watch you get all worked up OVER NOTHING!!! :thumbsup:

No, I never complained, I just defended myself, plain and simple. I'm not convinced that people are out to get me, I enjoy coming on here and I have a lot of friends and people on here that I respect. You get on here and talk crap and expect people to roll over and take it. I have more pride than that. You're not trying to get a rise out of me, you're just being the genuine ass that you are. You don't pick on people, you try to piss them off. I sometimes wonder if you even have friends outside of this website. I may not have a lot of things, but I have my pride and I will always stand up for myself and my beliefs. You can either respect that and let it rest, or you can continue listening to me.

Blastoderm55
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM

This is Blastoderm55's fiancee, and after reading this thread it comes to my mind that someone has to come out and say they're gay or mentally retarded or black or fat or WHATEVER and THEN you all will stop using derogatory or pejorative terms. I mean really, just don't use it at all and move on.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
No, I never complained, I just defended myself, plain and simple. I'm not convinced that people are out to get me, I enjoy coming on here and I have a lot of friends and people on here that I respect. You get on here and talk crap and expect people to roll over and take it. I have more pride than that. You're not trying to get a rise out of me, you're just being the genuine ass that you are. You don't pick on people, you try to piss them off. I sometimes wonder if you even have friends outside of this website. I may not have a lot of things, but I have my pride and I will always stand up for myself and my beliefs. You can either respect that and let it rest, or you can continue listening to me.

to borrow from my earlier smilie...

http://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gifhttp://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gifhttp://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gifhttp://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gifhttp://dancehall.patgreen.com/membersOnly/lounge/phpbb/images/smiles/4_1_72.gif

LH Panther Mom
08-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I mean really, just don't use it at all and move on.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: