PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Adidas410s
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
OVERVIEW

- Teams can be 4-6 members. The "catch" is that you must have 1 poster from each region (either by residence or school affiliation) on your team. If unable to meet this requirement, you can appeal to me and Russ (the "league admins") to have your team approved or we can help you find somebody from another region to join your roster. If you want to have a team with less than 4 players...that will also be OK'd by Russ and me...just let us know in advance please.
- It would be nice to have people from different regions on the same teams so that you can “get to know” people from other areas of Texas. Plus, they might have more knowledge of a particular region than you would.

STRUCTURE

- Teams will pick 5 games each week. The first 4 games will be the "Region 1/2/3/4 GOW (as provided by LHPM)" and the 5th a wild card game of your choice. That game must involve at least 1 Top 25 team from Matt's list. You may earn additional points if your wild card game includes two teams from Matt’s Top 25 playing against each other.

An example of picks would look like this:

Region 1: Snyder 31 Monahans 28
Region 2: Gilmer 38 Celina 31
Region 3: Liberty Hill 28 Hutto 10
Region 4: Ingleside 35 Sinton 31
Wild Card: Wimberley 27 Abilene Wylie 14

SCORING:

1 pt for a correct pick
2 pts for a correct wild card pick
3 pts for a correct wild card pick if both teams are from Matt's Top 25
4 pts for an exact score pick of any game.
5 pts for an exact score wild card game pick if both teams are from Matt’s Top 25

If your picks are turned in AFTER the deadline...you will receive a 3 pt deduction off of your total score for the week. If the deduction puts your total score below 0, then you will be given 0 points instead of a negative score.

BONUS: Teams that have members from 4 different regions will receive a ONE-TIME 3 point bonus at the beginning of the season!!! One of the “side purposes” of this game (as I mentioned above) is to promote cohesiveness amongst downlow members across the state.

RESULTS
- They will be posted weekly (on Sunday or Monday) in the format below:
Wins…Losses…Win%...pts…% to actual score (i.e you guessed 45 pts scored by both teams...it was 50 ...you were 90% right).
- Points are the determining factor in who is winning the game.
- By having points determine the winner, it will "reward" those who played the game since the start since they SHOULD earn more points.

TIEBREAKER(S)
For a tiebreaker system (if needed) it goes wins...win %...and then % to actual score.

TEAM DEADLINES and OTHER RULES:

- Please have your team members (and nominate a team capitan) turned in to Russ and I before Monday, 5PM, August 28th. Provide us with a name for your team.
- Your picks will be due each Friday by Noon.
- If we have a week where a Game of the Week (or your wild card game) is on a Thursday night, you must turn in your picks by 5PM on Thursday.
- ONLY THE TEAM CAPTAIN CAN TURN IN PICKS AND THE FIRST COMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL BE WHAT WE ACCEPT. Obviously, if a pick is omitted we will contact you to have you include that as well.
- Please note that you can still signup after the first week but (obviously) you won’t earn any points for that week.
- Also, if you would rather pick as an individual instead of as a team, you may do so and your results will be posted under your downlow name.

I’m sure there are other things that will come up as we run this game. Remember, this is for fun and (like many other things downlow)...it's a work in progress, not an exact science. I hope everyone enjoys this game. I'm looking forward to it!:D

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way to be considered a means of gambling or wagering on high school athletics. There will be no exchange of money involved with the participation in this game. Should any such problems arise, inolved members will be punished by downlow administration to the fullest extent that the law allows.

MAJOR rule change (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=50828)

kepdawg
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
- Please have your team members (and nominate a team capitan) turned in to Russ and I before Friday, Noon, on September 1st.

So the game will not start until Week 1?

Adidas410s
07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
So the game will not start until Week 1?

Isn't September 1st "zero week?" I didn't pull up a statewide schedule but I saw that Wylie's 1st game is Sept 1st and they always play on Week Zero. Also, the downlow countdown says 32 days to go...

pirate4state
07-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Sounds like fun.

Sweetwater Red
07-31-2006, 04:25 PM
OVERVIEW

- Teams can be 4-6 members. The "catch" is that you must have 1 poster from each region (either by residence or school affiliation) on your team. If unable to meet this requirement, you can appeal to me and Russ (the "league admins") to have your team approved or we can help you find somebody from another region to join your roster. If you want to have a team with less than 4 players...that will also be OK'd by Russ and me...just let us know in advance please.
- It would be nice to have people from different regions on the same teams so that you can “get to know” people from other areas of Texas. Plus, they might have more knowledge of a particular region than you would.

STRUCTURE

- Teams will pick 5 games each week. The first 4 games will be the "Region 1/2/3/4 GOW (as provided by LHPM)" and the 5th a wild card game of your choice. That game must involve at least 1 Top 25 team from Matt's list. You may earn additional points if your wild card game includes two teams from Matt’s Top 25 playing against each other.

SCORING:

1 pt for a correct pick
2 pts for a correct wild card pick
3 pts for a correct wild card pick if both teams are from Matt's Top 25
4 pts for an exact score pick of any game.
5 pts for an exact score wild card game pick if both teams are from Matt’s Top 25

BONUS: Teams that have members from 4 different regions will receive a ONE-TIME 3 point bonus at the beginning of the season!!! One of the “side purposes” of this game (as I mentioned above) is to promote cohesiveness amongst downlow members across the state.

RESULTS
- They will be posted weekly (on Sunday or Monday) in the format below:
Wins…Losses…Win%...pts…% to actual score (i.e you guessed 45 pts scored by both teams...it was 50 ...you were 90% right).
- Points are the determining factor in who is winning the game.
- By having points determine the winner, it will "reward" those who played the game since the start since they SHOULD earn more points.

TIEBREAKER(S)
For a tiebreaker system (if needed) it goes wins...win %...and then % to actual score.

TEAM DEADLINES and OTHER RULES:

- Please have your team members (and nominate a team capitan) turned in to Russ and I before Friday, Noon, on September 1st. Provide us with a name for your team.
- Your picks will be due each Friday by Noon.
- If we have a week where a Game of the Week (or your wild card game) is on a Thursday night, you must turn in your picks by 5PM on Thursday.
- ONLY THE TEAM CAPITAN CAN TURN IN PICKS AND THE FIRST COMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL BE WHAT WE ACCEPT. Obviously, if a pick is omitted we will contact you to have you include that as well.
- Please note that you can still signup after the first week but (obviously) you won’t earn any points for that week.
- Also, if you would rather pick as an individual instead of as a team, you may do so and your results will be posted under your downlow name.

I’m sure there are other things that will come up as we run this game. Remember, this is for fun and (like many other things downlow)...it's a work in progress, not an exact science. I hope everyone enjoys this game. I'm looking forward to it!:D

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way to be considered a means of gambling or wagering on high school athletics. There will be no exchange of money involved with the participation in this game. Should any such problems arise, inolved members will be punished by downlow administration to the fullest extent that the law allows.

I'm in...does anyone want to play with me? :D

lostaussie
07-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Isn't September 1st "zero week?" I didn't pull up a statewide schedule but I saw that Wylie's 1st game is Sept 1st and they always play on Week Zero. Also, the downlow countdown says 32 days to go... gilmers first game is aug 31st.

kepdawg
07-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Isn't September 1st "zero week?" I didn't pull up a statewide schedule but I saw that Wylie's 1st game is Sept 1st and they always play on Week Zero. Also, the downlow countdown says 32 days to go...

Yes, September 1 is Week 0. With picks due each Friday by Noon it seems you would want to have all the participant information prior to noon of the first week of the game.

AggieJohn
07-31-2006, 04:31 PM
i will play, PM me if you would like to be included in my team...

Adidas410s
07-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Yes, September 1 is Week 0. With picks due each Friday by Noon it seems you would want to have all the participant information prior to noon of the first week of the game.

Yeah. I was just thinking that in the first week they send me team info (or sooner if they wish) along with their first week of picks.

Adidas410s
07-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
gilmers first game is aug 31st.

so hopefully LHPM won't make that a "game of the week" since they aren't even playing a Texas team.

And..because of Thursday games that's why I included this little blurb:

Snyder_TigerFan
07-31-2006, 04:35 PM
gilmers first game is aug 31st.

Snyder's is as well.

AggieJohn
07-31-2006, 04:37 PM
and no i'm not from sinton

kepdawg
07-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah. I was just thinking that in the first week they send me team info (or sooner if they wish) along with their first week of picks.

Okay, but I'd suggest having all the info sooner.

Adidas410s
Originally posted by AggieJohn
and no i'm not from sinton

What Region are you claiming??? Liberty is in region 3 correct? Are they still a 3A school? I'm too lazy to go look it up...

Emerson1
I'll play. THE Region 2

Adidas410s
07-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Okay, but I'd suggest having all the info sooner.

sounds good. I'll change teams to be due on the Monday of that week. You've been running Kepball for years so you have a bit more experience at this than I. I helped tabulate Pig Picks a few years back...and that was exhausting.

kepdawg
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
sounds good. I'll change teams to be due on the Monday of that week. You've been running Kepball for years so you have a bit more experience at this than I. I helped tabulate Pig Picks a few years back...and that was exhausting.

It should be easier for you to have the team information entered before you have to start entering results, etc... Yes, it is a lot of working running one of these games. Have fun!

neck_06
07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
i want to play.........anyone need a Region 3 member?

vet93
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
I am a region I free agent....I don't want to be a captain but would be a loyal teamate.

Resume:
-Picked Monahans over Snyder last year
-Picked Sweetwater to represent the region before the season started
-I am sure I picked some other really big games that nobody else picked right;) :D

injuredinmelee
07-31-2006, 05:38 PM
I am all over this one.

SintonFan
07-31-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm in.

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
looks like we aren't getting any sticky love :( ...so here is the morning TTT ;)

KTJ
08-01-2006, 10:38 AM
So.....how does this work again?

footballgal
08-01-2006, 11:15 AM
OOOOO, I wanna play :eagerly raising hand:

Adidas410s
08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
So.....how does this work again?

If everybody else on here can figure it out...then I'm sure that "I'm in grad school at THE University" can figure it out too! :thumbsup:

tigerpride_08
08-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sounds like fun.

yes it does...im interested if anyone needs another region 3 person...

AggieJohn
08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
looks like you got your sticky love, also i sent you a PM if that is okay

Bullaholic
08-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I am available if someone needs a Region I player......

Qualifications-- Old and wiley (not Abilene) veteran
I know PPHSFan

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 04:35 PM
You can join me and E_V.

I need someone else to help me carry the team.

District303aPastPlayer
08-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You can join me and E_V.

I need someone else to help me carry the team.

Reg. IV

Emerson1
08-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Region 1- _______
Region 2- Emerson1
Region 3- Eagles_Victory
Region 4- D303app

football4life
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
i can fill the region I if ya need me

eagles_victory
08-03-2006, 04:07 AM
Region 1- _______
Region 2- Emerson1
Region 3- Eagles_Victory
Region 4- D303app We filled out our six man roster looks like we could be pretty tough lol but who knows i am looking foward to this though.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 09:02 AM
looks like we aren't getting any sticky love :( ...so here is the morning TTT ;)

I gave you "sticky" love...just not immediately after you asked for it.

Do I need to give you my phone number so you can call in your "order" if I am not sitting in front of the computer??:p :D :kiss:

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
We filled out our six man roster looks like we could be pretty tough lol but who knows i am looking foward to this though.

Well your team name is going to be "the High School Heroes"...that's an executive mandate. I'm sorry that Aaron chose to join your team cuz he's getting lumped into it! ;)

Your team name may change as other things pop into my mind...don't worry! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 10:08 AM
I have received a few PM's as well as posts in the game thread of posters looking to latch onto a team. I will make a list of them in this post. If you are looking for a team...copy this list of players and yourself as the last person on the list. Make sure that you include what Region you are affiliated with.

Sweetwater Red - Region 1
Neck_06 - Region 3 SIGNED
Vet 93 - Region 1
SintonFan - Region 4 SIGNED
footbalgal - Region 4
Bullaholic - Region 1
Football4life - Region 1
DaHop72 - Region 1 SIGNED
cdlvj - Region 3
Big Papa - Region 5...aka the Region Wild Card
WOS1 - SIGNED
LEROY - Region 2
Manck - Region 2
Gobbler Fan - Region 4
bjrod - Region 4
Chris Hart - Region 5...aka the OTHER Region Wild Card
Fury900 - Region 5...Region Wild Card by executive decision
Tiger Baseball - Region 1

Region 1 - 6 players
Region 2 - 2 players
Region 3 - 1 player
Region 4 - 3 player
Region 5 - 2 players

If I included you on this list..it's because you have indicated interest in joining the league but I haven't received a PM with you listed as a team member/captain.

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Neck_06 - Region 3
Vet 93 - Region 1
SintonFan - Region 4
footbalgal - Region 4
Bullaholic - Region 1
Football4life - Region 1
DaHop72 - Region 1
Big Papa - Region 5

DaHop72
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
I have received a few PM's as well as posts in the game thread of posters looking to latch onto a team. I will make a list of them in this post. If you are looking for a team...copy this list of players and yourself as the last person on the list. Make sure that you include what Region you are affiliated with.

Neck_06 - Region 3
Vet 93 - Region 1
SintonFan - Region 4
footbalgal - Region 4
Bullaholic - Region 1
Football4life - Region 1
DaHop72 - Region 1

If I included you on this list..it's because you have indicated interest in joining the league but I haven't received a PM with you listed as a team member/captain. You can scratch off me, Neck_06 and SintonFan off the list.:D :D

DaHop72
08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Big Papa
Big Papa - Region 5 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap:
what can i say...im lone ranger, a desperado, a poster with out a home region, a skywalker:thinking: , a person who has no idea what he is saying or where he is goin with this post...i better stop

Bullaholic
08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
: , a person who has no idea what he is saying or where he is goin with this post...i better stop

Well Big Papa, I'd say you fit in just fine with the majority of the rest of us on this part. :D

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2006, 10:24 AM
what can i say...im lone ranger, a desperado, a poster with out a home region, a skywalker:thinking: , a person who has no idea what he is saying or where he is goin with this post...i better stop

LMAO :clap:

Don't stop now!

cdlvj
08-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Region III
here

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 10:38 AM

so....before I declare you a Region Wild Card (meaning you can get plugged in as a rep for any region)...are you saying that you are a Sweetwater man who ISN'T a Sweetwater homer?

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Check first post for updated list!!!

LH Panther Mom
08-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well Big Papa, I'd say you fit in just fine with the majority of the rest of us on this part. :D
:confused: How does he fit in? He actually said "i better stop". I don't remember anyone else "stopping". :D

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
so....before I declare you a Region Wild Card (meaning you can get plugged in as a rep for any region)...are you saying that you are a Sweetwater man who ISN'T a Sweetwater homer?
Region Wild Card...I like that I like that alot

Sweetwater is my fav 3a team but im not necessarily a homer...although my home is in swater, so maybe i am a homer, but i don;t even go to school there, so perhaps i am not classified to be a homer....I know i am a stwater homesteader :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Region Wild Card...I like that I like that alot

Sweetwater is my fav 3a team but im not necessarily a homer...although my home is in swater, so maybe i am a homer, but i don;t even go to school there, so perhaps i am not classified to be a homer....I know i am a stwater homesteader :clap: :clap:

plus as a Six Man guy...you pretty much live in Region 3 and 4 by living in Sweetwater! ;)

Ladies and Gents...I hereby declare Big Papa as the Region Wild Card.

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 11:05 AM
plus as a Six Man guy...you pretty much live in Region 3 and 4 by living in Sweetwater! ;)

Ladies and Gents...I hereby declare Big Papa as the Region Wild Card.

I like Big PaPa....he tends to just ramble on and on and on....like me!!:D :D

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Oh! I'm sorry. What were you saying? :D

Ranger Mom
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Oh! I'm sorry. What were you saying? :D

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
so here is what i'm thinkin......

every week you throw in one of the top sixman games as a bonus...so basically the teams will have no idea nad have to guess, but in order to get the bonus points you have to guess the margin of victory within 10 points either way
ie. Highland (my school) v Aspermont
my pick Highland by 46 ...so if we beat them by 50 that is a correct pick good for some points

plus this gives a lil value over the zero percent i had before for the game:D :D :D :D

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 11:10 AM

Thanks RM i like you too. I have always thought of you as my e-mom, basically what i am saying is that you are like what e-mail is to mail is to mom

DaHop72
08-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I love Big PaPa's sig. Hard for anyone on here to take that away from him.:thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
08-03-2006, 11:16 AM
so here is what i'm thinkin......

every week you throw in one of the top sixman games as a bonus...so basically the teams will have no idea nad have to guess, but in order to get the bonus points you have to guess the margin of victory within 10 points either way
ie. Highland (my school) v Aspermont
my pick Highland by 46 ...so if we beat them by 50 that is a correct pick good for some points

plus this gives a lil value over the zero percent i had before for the game:D :D :D :D

By 46! :eek:

You do know that Ryan Adkins graduated right ? :D :D :D

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 11:20 AM
By 46! :eek:

You do know that Ryan Adkins graduated right ? :D :D :D

yes and i still cry every night about it.....

Bullaholic
08-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:confused: How does he fit in? He actually said "i better stop". I don't remember anyone else "stopping". :D

lol LHPM,....You know everyone even better than I......:D

Bullaholic
08-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Everybody who wants to play on a "pic em'" team needs to step up and "declare" themselves in open forum or in a PM to Adidas or BDR so they have an idea of the players available. Don't be shy---it's going to be a lot of fun between the teams with all of the ballyhooing and good-natured "trash" talk that will be going on, plus the board is going to have a lot more insight to more games as the season goes on. C'Mon down and declare your availability right now...........or better yet, pick your own players and form a complete team.

Emerson1
08-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Will my team get a prize for winning?

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Will my team get a prize for winning?

Yes, you will be able to stay out 1 hour later each night for a week...As long as mommy says it's ok! ;)

WOS1
08-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll play if anyone needs a region 3 guy.

Adidas410s
08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
LIST UPDATED AGAIN!!!

Big Papa
08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
ooohh pick me pick me

wildstangs
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
If anyone needs a Region I player send me a private message.

AggieJohn
08-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes, you will be able to stay out 1 hour later each night for a week...As long as mommy says it's ok! ;) http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/icaughtyouowned.jpg.jpg

bjrod9
08-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I would like to be a teammate of region 4, i am loyal, dedicated and got my area covered.

Manck
08-04-2006, 12:49 AM
I will captain the "All-Out-of-State" Team, and will man Reg II.

I -
II - Manck
III -
IV -

PM me to get in, as I don't get to check the boards as much as I'd like during the day, but if I get the e-mail, I have a great excuse.

TheDOCTORdre
08-04-2006, 02:09 PM
The Doctor is in if anyone needs a region 1 guy, and if no one needs a region 1 guy i am willing to start my own team of extraordinary gentlemen

KindaCool
08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
will the teams and all of their respected members ever be listed so those that are playing can see who competition might be ??

Adidas410s
08-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by KindaCool
will the teams and all of their respected members ever be listed so those that are playing can see who competition might be ??

yes...I will post them the Monday that we start. So far we are up to 5 or 6 teams....I forget off hand.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 01:13 PM
ttt...

It was suggested that anybody that wants to play in the game that isn't on a team...well I can randomly put yall on a team so that we have more teams competing in the game. If you are interested in this idea, please make sure that your name is on the "free agent" list at the top of this thread. If it isn't then reply here that you are interested, include what region you would represent, and we'll get you on a team asap.

LEROY
08-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I think this would be a blast. Put me on a team coach! Region 2

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by LEROY
I think this would be a blast. Put me on a team coach! Region 2

you're on the list. I'm gonna wait a few days before putting together teams...but you being Region 2 will really help out so that your team can get the "all-region" bonus points!

Manck
08-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Throw in Manck-Region II since nobody decided to join in on the Out-of-State All-Stars...

Gobbler Fan
08-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Put me on a random team Ill sail on this ship .

bjrod9
08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
i was not mentioned on free agent poll, i am interested.

Adidas410s
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
alright guys...we have 11 and enough to make 2 teams of players from each region. I'll get the teams put together in the morning and then PM your team to each person on the team. This puts us up to 7 teams now. Thanks for joining all!

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 04:21 PM
yeah...yeah...I'm slacking. I'll get the FA teams put together tomorrow.

Chris Hart
08-08-2006, 05:21 PM
I want in! Whomever gets lucky enough to land me as a pard, is a lock to win it all. I know everything, or at least I've been told i do....;)

Chris Hart
08-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Am I going to be able to get in on a team?

fury900
08-08-2006, 10:15 PM
If anyone needs a Region I player

Adidas410s
08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
yeah I can get you on a team. A team can have up to 6 players and you would give us 12...or 6 on each team. I'll try and get this done tmrw.

vet93
08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Can I be on Chris' team!!!!

Originally posted by Chris Hart
Am I going to be able to get in on a team?

Tiger Baseball
08-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Region I, I'm in if anybody needs fortune cookie!! :D

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Here are the 3 teams of "Free Agents" that I have put together. Each team will receive the 3 "bonus points" for having somebody from every region...thanks to some "wild cards" being given out! ;)

Remember, any team can have up to 6 players so one team can still add 2 players and the other team 1 player. I designated a "team captain" based on your # of posts. That person is listed in bold print. Please have your captain PM your team name so that I can include it in my team rosters. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if anybody else is interested in playing, feel free to send a PM to a team captain that has an open slot on their team and they can let me know to add you to their roster.

Team 1
Sweetwater Red - R1
Tiger Baseball - R1
LEROY - R2
cdlvj - R3
footballgal - R4
Pmoney - R1

Team 2
Vet93 - R1
Manck - R2
Chris Hart - R3
Gobbler Fan - R4

Team 3
Bullaholic - R1
football4life - R1
Fury900 - R2 (by executive decision...Vernon's played plenty of R2 teams in the last 15-20 years! ;)
Big Papa - R3 (wild card)
bjrod - R4

vet93
08-09-2006, 11:04 AM
.....I think Team 2 has some real talent this year!!;)

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Here are the 3 teams of "Free Agents" that I have put together. Each team will receive the 3 "bonus points" for having somebody from every region...thanks to some "wild cards" being given out! ;)

Remember, any team can have up to 6 players so one team can still add 2 players and the other team 1 player. I designated a "team captain" based on your # of posts. That person is listed in bold print. Please have your captain PM your team name so that I can include it in my team rosters. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if anybody else is interested in playing, feel free to send a PM to a team captain that has an open slot on their team and they can let me know to add you to their roster.

Team 1
Sweetwater Red - R1
Tiger Baseball - R1
LEROY - R2
cdlvj - R3
footballgal - R4

Team 2
Vet93 - R1
Manck - R2
Chris Hart - R3
Gobbler Fan - R4

Team 3
Bullaholic - R1
football4life - R1
Fury900 - R2 (by executive decision...Vernon's played plenty of R2 teams in the last 15-20 years! ;)
Big Papa - R3 (wild card)
bjrod - R4 Are you going to post all the teams soon?

Pmoney
08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
hey i would like to join so can i send a pm to all of the captains since i dont care which team im on?

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Are you going to post all the teams soon?

I was going to wait until the Monday of Zero Week so that I could post all the teams at one time.

AggieJohn
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
i think you should do it now so we can trash talk each other

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Pmoney
hey i would like to join so can i send a pm to all of the captains since i dont care which team im on?

list updated...you are on SW Red's team.

garageoffice
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Sounds like fun...is it too late to get on one of the wild card teams?

Adidas410s
08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by garageoffice
Sounds like fun...is it too late to get on one of the wild card teams?

PM Bullaholic. It would be great to have a true Region 2 rep on his team since I put Fury900 from Vernon over there as a fill-in.

LEROY
08-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Go ahead and give us the trophy!!!!!!!!

Chris Hart
08-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Can I be on Chris' team!!!! I definitely want Vet93 on my team! I knew if I held out for a while over contract disputes it would benefit me in the long run. Vet, I think you and I as a duo will be a great asset to any team....:)

Chris Hart
08-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Team 2 is STACKED!!!;) :D :clap:

Sweetwater Red
08-09-2006, 12:28 PM

Yeah, stacked like a pyramid of playing cards just waiting to be
blown over. :D :devil: :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I would like to play too. So if anyone else wants to get another team together PM me.

I'm a Region I guy.

Z~

District303aPastPlayer
08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
just wait til the full team lists are released

vet93
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
I guess great minds think alike....We have to come up with a team name...any suggestions...I was on a bowling team called the pinworms....or was the hookworms....anyway...I don't think that a worm type would be a good team name...

DaHop72
08-09-2006, 02:04 PM
i think you should do it now so we can trash talk each other :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Loser:devil:

Gobbler Fan
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
This isint even fair we may have to spot you guy's a few point's .:D

I Bleed Red08
08-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm in...does anyone want to play with me? :D I will y not

I Bleed Red08

I Bleed Red08

KindaCool
08-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
I will y not

I will y not

I will y not

wow you must really want to play :D

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 08:24 PM
http://images.ifun.ru/n/N8X8beQjyC.gif

pirate44
08-10-2006, 08:25 PM
dang the dial-up:mad:

LH Panther Mom
08-10-2006, 08:39 PM
So your team is going to move their front paws around in the air while we watch you acting tough? :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

SintonFan
08-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Duh!

injuredinmelee
08-10-2006, 11:31 PM
I hear your team is the best AJ.

AggieJohn
08-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I hear your team is the best AJ. we are, we are

SintonFan
08-11-2006, 01:17 AM
we are, we are
thinking:
why use kitty cats if you can use Bulls or even buffuloes(yes it was MISpelt)?:p
I vote aj in for the next election for "OWCHI Quality Control".:nerd:

pirate4state
08-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:thinking:
why use kitty cats if you can use Bulls or even buffuloes(yes it was MISpelt)?:p
I vote aj in for the next election for "OWCHI Quality Control".:nerd:

more proof of my reasons behind the the new rule suggestion! :doh: :evillaugh :doh:

carter08
08-20-2006, 03:15 PM
I offer my region 3 skills

3afan
08-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I offer my region 3 skills

elaborate please .....

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:35 AM
yes...I will post them the Monday that we start. So far we are up to 5 or 6 teams....I forget off hand. I guess that would be next monday? :clap: Cool!!! :)

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:51 AM

thats kinda cool.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 01:48 PM
i wanna pick teams

LHSEagleFan
08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
i can represent region 4 if anybody needs me.

Adidas410s
08-24-2006, 02:17 PM
I know I said these would be coming out on Monday...but the locals are starting to get a bit fiesty around here so now is as good a time as any to get these all posted. Also, if there are any errors in what I have listed, please have the team captain PM me so that I can correct any inaccuracies. 2 of the FA teams have yet to send me a name so they are listed as FA team #'s for now.

Dyslexia is 'NUF'
Injuredinmelee
3afan
tigerpride_08
Aggie John
KTJ
KindaCool

Guys Drool, Chicks Rule
Ranger Mom
txkmom
LH Panther Mom
pirate4state

The Patagonian Giants
TexasHSFootball
Emerson1
Eagles_Victory
D303APP
DUStud
mwynn05

Three Men and an Aggie
DaHop72
PPHSFan
neck_06
Sinton Fan

BASSHOLE
Adidas410s
lostaussie
WOS1
BDR
Z Motion Out On 2
LHSEagleFan

FA Team 1
Sweetwater Red/Stang Red
LEROY
cdlvj
footballgal
Tiger Baseball
Pmoney

FA Team 2
Vet 93
manck
Chris Hart
Gobbler Fan

All Seeing Guys
Bullaholic
Fury900
Big Papa
Bjrod
football4life
garageoffice

District303aPastPlayer
08-24-2006, 02:18 PM
in the words of the West Side Connection... BOW DOWN!

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Awesome!
How do we play this game again?:doh:

Bullaholic
08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
You may as well give us the trophy now, Adidas. :D There's even an all "girl" team in there for cryin' out loud.

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I sense the smack talk is gonna be strong in this thread.
And btw bull, I'll hand you the trophy. But only to polish it for our team.:p

GWOOD
08-24-2006, 02:25 PM
PreSeason Top 8 Downlow Pick Em' Poll
1. Three Men and an Aggie
2. Guys Drool, Chicks Rule
3. FA Team 2
4. All Seeing Guys
5. FA Team 1
6. We don't have a name
7. The Patagonian Giants
8. Dyslexia is 'NUF'

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
PreSeason Downlow Pick 'em Poll

3. FA Team 2
4. All Seeing Guys
5. FA Team 1
6. We don't have a name
7. The Patagonian Giants
8. Dyslexia is 'NUF'
Rofl!
That's gonna draw some criticism GWOOD.;)

Adidas410s
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I sense the smack talk is gonna be strong in this thread.
And btw bull, I'll hand you the trophy. But only to polish it for our team.:p

so that yall can present it to us!!! :evillol:

GWOOD
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Rofl!
That's gonna draw some criticism GWOOD.;)

I thought I'd have a little 'nuf' with this

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 02:30 PM
PreSeason Top 8 Downlow Pick Em' Poll
3. FA Team 2
4. All Seeing Guys
5. FA Team 1
6. We don't have a name
7. The Patagonian Giants
8. Dyslexia is 'NUF' That's right GWOOD, cause we got the KING.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 02:30 PM
That's right GWOOD, cause we got the KING.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And "the Man".:devil: :devil:

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
That's right GWOOD, cause we got the KING.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What the aggie. :D

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:33 PM
so that yall can present it to us!!! :evillaugh:
I'm sure we can loan it out when you want to impress the girls. I mean we believe in charity, if the cause is right.:smoker:

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 02:34 PM
I thought I'd have a little 'nuf' with this
I think this poll is probably more accurate than your Baseball poll. And that truly is a compliment.:cool: :clap:

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
What the aggie. :D Well no, he's just a Prince. Of course I didn't betray where I live and team up with a "Mustang", Benedict Arnold.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Well no, he's just a Prince. Of course I didn't betray where I live and team up with a "Mustang", Benedict Arnold.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hay this is the first that I have seen of this. 4 of the 6 are region 1. :confused:

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Sweetwater Red where are you?

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Sweetwater Red where are you? He saw he had 2 Snyder Tigers on his team and he went and hid.:D :D

Bullaholic
08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
He saw he had 2 Snyder Tigers on his team and he went and hid.:D :D

Yep--and that AJ-KTJ team combo ought to be a study in "relations", too. :D

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Yep--and that AJ-KTJ team combo ought to be a study in "relations", too. :D Team unity Bull, think Captain injured may have to be the deciding vote each week on that team.:thinking: :thinking:

carter08
08-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Can i be on a team by myself

Adidas410s
08-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Sweetwater Red where are you?

He did tell me he wouldn't be around as much because they put in some internet filters at work that keeping him off the downlow. We'll find him a work around...but it may take a while.

Adidas410s
08-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Can i be on a team by myself

yes you can. Go read the rules that are stickied and explains how you can.

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I'd be happy to rep region I for a team, if anybody still needs someone. Sorry to be such a johnny come lately on this deal. Looks like alot of fun.

garageoffice
08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
All Seeing Guys
Bullaholic
Fury900
Big Papa
Bjrod
football4life
garageoffice

I think I need a new name...something that starts with a 'B' LOL

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 03:56 PM
This looks like fun. I need a team. We can be called "The F.U.B.A.R. Boys".

Adidas410s
08-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
This looks like fun. I need a team. We can be called "The F.U.B.A.R. Boys".
check your PM's...we can put you on FA Team 1 and they still need a name!

injuredinmelee
08-24-2006, 04:01 PM
how stacked is my team?

carter08
08-24-2006, 04:02 PM
team carter is #1

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 04:03 PM
check your PM's...we can put you on FA Team 1 and they still need a name!

Works for me, but with footballgal on there, we will have to change the name to "Team F.U.B.A.R."

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Looks great, except FA Team #2 seems to be a touch under ranked....;)

LH Panther Mom
08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Don't worry. Once we start the games, they'll be lucky to be in 3rd. :devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
08-24-2006, 04:19 PM

I think your team name should be---"Dr. Doolittle"---after all you have got 1 Vet and 3-"animals" and it reflects how you guys will do. :D

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Works for me, but with footballgal on there, we will have to change the name to "Team F.U.B.A.R."

Two Tigers, Two Mustangs, footballgal, cdlvj, and LEROY this is going to be good. " Team F.U.B.A.R." I like it! :clap: :D :clap:

DU_stud04
08-24-2006, 04:26 PM
its okay everyone, the juggernaut is now here;) :evil: :evil:

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I think your team name should be---"Dr. Doolittle"---after all you have got 1 Vet and 3-"animals" and it reflects how you guys will do. :D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

GWOOD
08-24-2006, 04:29 PM

Clever, very clever:thumbsup:

STANG RED
08-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Two Tigers, Two Mustangs, footballgal, cdlvj, and LEROY this is going to be good. " Team F.U.B.A.R." I like it! :clap: :D :clap:

Your right, but I didnt really realize just how well the name fit, till you pointed that out. Heck, it's perfect! :D

DaHop72
08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I'd be happy to rep region I for a team, if anybody still needs someone. Sorry to be such a johnny come lately on this deal. Looks like alot of fun. You can be on our team, even if you are a Mustang.:thumbsup:

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I think your team name should be---"Dr. Doolittle"---after all you have got 1 Vet and 3-"animals" and it reflects how you guys will do. :D LOL, Bull now that was low....:clap:

Bullaholic
08-24-2006, 04:42 PM
LOL, Bull now that was low....:clap:

I have only begun to "sink", Chris---just wait until the game starts. :D

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Don't worry. Once we start the games, they'll be lucky to be in 3rd. :devil: :devil: Enjoy your pre-season #1 ranking while you can. Everyone knows women don't know anything about football, you gals will be the cellar dwellars by season's end...:D :p :devil:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Enjoy your pre-season #1 ranking while you can. Everyone knows women don't know anything about football, you gals will be the cellar dwellars by season's end...:D :p :devil:

:hand: I'll have you know I astounded and amazed 3 Sweetwater men who were shocked to find out just how much I really DO KNOW about football!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Enjoy your pre-season #1 ranking while you can. Everyone knows women don't know anything about football, you gals will be the cellar dwellars by season's end...:D :p :devil:
Who ranked them numeral uno?
Three Men and an Aggie were ranked top by GWOOD. :p
lol @ Bull's comment.:D

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 04:53 PM
:hand: I'll have you know I astounded and amazed 3 Sweetwater men who were shocked to find out just how much I really DO KNOW about football!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
Yes, but next time don't use dishwashing analogies for offensive play calling.:eek: :p

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 04:54 PM

Oh somebody might be eating some that black crow! :thinking: :D

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Enjoy your pre-season #2 ranking while you can. Everyone knows women don't know anything about football, you gals will be the cellar dwellars by season's end...:D :p :devil:

Chris Hart
08-24-2006, 05:07 PM
:hand: I'll have you know I astounded and amazed 3 Sweetwater men who were shocked to find out just how much I really DO KNOW about football!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: They were just amazed that you called a score a touchdown instead of a homerun. That really doesn't qualify you as knowing football:D :p :kiss:

lostaussie
08-24-2006, 06:08 PM

We don't have a name...but we'll still win anyways!!!
Adidas410s
lostaussie
WOS1
BDR
Z Motion Out On 2
6th player TBD
I tried for BASSHOLES but i guess it was shot down. discention already. i must have T.O. on my team:D

SintonFan
08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I tried for BASSHOLES but i guess it was shot down. discention already. i must have T.O. on my team:D
everyone knows TO is on "Dyslexia is 'NUF' " :D

Tiger Baseball
08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
You can be on our team, even if you are a Mustang.:thumbsup:

Sorry Hop done taken "Team F.U.B.A.R." :tongue: :tongue:

Adidas4I0s
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM

haha...oh and we have a 6th member now to help out in Region 4 since BDR will be tied up with non-downlow activities. LHS Eagle Fan will be joining our team.

PPHSfan
08-24-2006, 10:57 PM
This ain't even gonna be close:D

Adidas4I0s
08-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
This ain't even gonna be close:D

yeah...yall don't even have a chance!

Manck
08-25-2006, 02:21 AM
For some reason I think my team will do pretty good, even though I'm halfway across the freaking country.

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
When do we get the games? I need more than ten minutes to make my pics. I am after all....only human.

Tiger Baseball
08-27-2006, 06:54 PM
I think they come out monday.

Bullaholic
08-27-2006, 06:58 PM
When do we get the games? I need more than ten minutes to make my pics. I am after all....only human.

Man you're "shattering" a lot of young poster's images of you. :D

Tiger Baseball
08-27-2006, 06:59 PM
I went and looked at the rules and the region I game is posted.

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Man you're "shattering" a lot of young poster's images of you. :D

I know, but I refuse to tell tall tales on Sunday.:p

Bullaholic
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
You do realize that neither one of our teams can finish behind the all girl team don't you?

PPHSfan
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
You do realize that neither one of our teams can finish behind the all girl team don't you?

Three Men & An Aggie will monkey stomp those little girls.

Bullaholic
08-27-2006, 07:09 PM

Atta boy.... :thumbsup:

KindaCool
08-27-2006, 07:11 PM
our team is a lot better than what most people think

and on top of that, we're nuf

Bullaholic
08-27-2006, 07:14 PM
our team is a lot better than what most people think

and on top of that, we're nuf

"Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill, every time." :D

LH Panther Mom
08-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Give me a chance to find a Region II game that I won't be the only person talking about..... :p

:hand: :hand: W/E :crazy1:

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 09:06 AM
This week, there is a Thursday night game so for your picks to be accepted you MUST have them turned in to me by Thursday at 5PM. Here is what is written in the rules:

- ONLY THE TEAM CAPTAIN CAN TURN IN PICKS AND THE FIRST COMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL BE WHAT WE ACCEPT. Obviously, if a pick is omitted we will contact you to have you include that as well.

Adidas410s
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM
ttt

Emerson1
08-29-2006, 08:06 PM
What top 25 games are up for picking?

Adidas4I0s
08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
What top 25 games are up for picking?

your team can pick from any game that it wants to pick for it's wild card game this week as long as it involves at least one team in Class 3A.

KTJ
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
How does this game work?

And why did my team stick me with Region 3 when I'm from a Region 1 school?

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
How does this game work?

And why did my team stick me with Region 3 when I'm from a Region 1 school?

You aren't a region 3 rep...I told them that and if they think you are they are mistaken. You are a region 1 person (along with injured) tigerpride_08 is your region 3 rep.

KTJ
08-30-2006, 10:19 AM
So how do I find a list of all the games I need to pick from?

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
So how do I find a list of all the games I need to pick from?
the 4 GOTW that are stickied plus whatever Wild Card game your team decides to pick on. Contact AJ...he is yall's team captain.

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Remember...picks are due by tomorrow at 5PM and I haven't received picks from any team captain yet. Make sure you have these turned in ASAP. Thanks again!!!

injuredinmelee
08-30-2006, 11:32 AM
what games are we picking again?

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
ask AJ...I've filled in everybody else on your team. Or just go read the sticky...it will explain it for ya.

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:30 PM
ask AJ...I've filled in everybody else on your team. Or just go read the sticky...it will explain it for ya. Adidas I have searched and searched and can't find the thread with the team names. What was the title to that thread? Do you remember?? Thanks. :)

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Adidas I have searched and searched and can't find the thread with the team names. What was the title to that thread? Do you remember?? Thanks. :)

yeah give me a sec and I'll send it ttt. I found it this morning...

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 02:32 PM
ttt for p4s

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
yeah give me a sec and I'll send it ttt. I found it this morning... Roster!!! :doh: :doh: Thank you!!! :)

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Roster!!! :doh: :doh: Thank you!!! :)
lol...it's all in the same thread anyways...I guess I need to add our 6th person to my team's roster.

injuredinmelee
08-30-2006, 02:50 PM
I guess i am stupid cause I cant tell jack dooo from the sticky about what games we are picking. I bet my teammates are pd proud

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I guess i am stupid cause I cant tell jack dooo from the sticky about what games we are picking. I bet my teammates are pd proud

Is it not the "games of the week" from each region??

The one's that are stickied??

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
lol...it's all in the same thread anyways...I guess I need to add our 6th person to my team's roster. Dang...why do ya'll need so many people on a team??? :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Is it not the "games of the week" from each region??

The one's that are stickied??

sshhhhh....let them figure it out on there own! ;) :D

Ranger Mom
08-30-2006, 02:56 PM
sshhhhh....let them figure it out on there own! ;) :D

Dang it...you gotta keep me in the loop on these things!!

I was just so excited that I knew something that he didn't!!!:D

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Dang it...you gotta keep me in the loop on these things!!

I was just so excited that I knew something that he didn't!!!:D ;) ;) :D

oh wait...let me insert some witty text before someone :weeping: about my post padding....

You must stay excited!! :evillol:

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe it's just me...but I thought this was pretty clear:

STRUCTURE

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I included it in the sticky...but wanted to post it here so that everybody sees it.

If your picks are turned in AFTER the deadline...you will receive a 3 pt deduction off of your total score for the week. If the deduction puts your total score below 0, then you will be given 0 points instead of a negative score.

I am adding this in because so far I have only received picks from one other team besides my team! That means that 7 of the 9 teams have yet to turn anything in. Also, that other team WAS the girls team...so we can't have this happening men!!! :mad:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
We've had our picks ready since Monday, but I wanted to mull over a prediction before I sent it in. :D

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 03:47 PM
We've had our picks ready since Monday, but I wanted to mull over a prediction before I sent it in. :D

trying to convince the others that Sinton really will beat Cuero huh? ;)

carter08
08-30-2006, 03:50 PM
What are the games

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
trying to convince the others that Sinton really will beat Cuero huh? ;) that's funny....

Adidas410s
08-30-2006, 04:03 PM
What are the games

This is copied from the stickied post that outlines the game and all of the rules...

STRUCTURE

Wild Card: Wimberley 27 Abilene Wylie 14 [/B][/QUOTE]

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 04:06 PM
This is funny!!!! All ya gotta do is R-E-A-D :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
08-30-2006, 07:54 PM
ttt for p4s

Chris Hart
08-30-2006, 08:36 PM
This is funny!!!! All ya gotta do is R-E-A-D :doh: :doh: Not really, you then have to comprehend what you've read, lol;)

AggieJohn
08-30-2006, 10:20 PM
aj is still confused a little

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 10:23 AM
the following teams:

- Patagonian Giants (captain - Emerson 1)
- Three Men and an Aggie (captain - DaHop72) RECEIVED!!!
- FUBAR (captain - Sweetwater Red and/or STANG RED) RECEIVED!!!
- Team Carter (captain - Carter08) RECEIVED!!!

Remember...these are due by 5PM today. I will be around except for 11AM to about 1215ish. Let me know if you have any questions. Once I have everybody's picks turned in...I will post the picks for all to see! I can't do this until I receive picks from the aforementioned teams. ;)

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 10:26 AM
wow your demanding.

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 10:29 AM
wow your demanding.

Just trying to make sure everybody that signed up gets to participate. It's not about the winners and losers...it's all about participation and everybody feeling good about themselves! ;) :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Just trying to make sure everybody that signed up gets to participate. It's not about the winners and losers...it's all about participation and everybody feeling good about themselves! ;) :rolleyes:

wow, have you been listening to Dr. Laura again?

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 10:36 AM
wow, have you been listening to Dr. Laura again?

shhhhh....that's a secret that I left behind in the ABI! ;)

Bullaholic
08-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Everybody hurry up and get those picks to Adidas---I want all to see the pure genius of the All-Seeing Guys picks. :D
(Sounds like a PPHSFan "humble" post don't it.)

Seriously, this game will be only as good as the active participation of those who play it. Everybody is busy--especially Adidas, in trying to get all this together, so team captains "show some compassion" and get those picks in to him----believe it or not he has a job and schedules to keep also, and needs to get this done for all of us.

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 10:45 AM
adidas has a job??? Man sign me up for that place... post all day long...

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Not really, you then have to comprehend what you've read, lol;) true...guess that is just a little too much to handle for some!

Chris Hart
08-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I was just curious as to whether or not Adidas410s or whoever is running the show, is going to post each team's picks in open forum prior to any games being played, so there will be none to question whether or not there is cheating/doctoring scores after they're played. I trust you guys, but being a part of a few of these type things, I can assure you if the picks of everyone are not made public PRIOR to the games being played, someone will eventually pull the cheat card. Just trying to help nip this problem in the bud before it arises. This may have already been addressed and I missed it. Just curious...:)

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes I do plan to post them. I posted that earlier but the thread was merged into the sticky at the top. We are just waiting on one more team (Patagonian Giants - Emerson 1 captain) to turn in their picks. If I don't have their picks by 5PM....then I will post everybody's picks.

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Nazis all of em

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Nazis all of em

don't pick on the young'ns now!

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 04:59 PM
UPDATED: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 9:31AM

Let me know if there are any errors in what I have written down. I still have your PM's with your picks so I can double check if needed.

On the wild card game:

- Dyslexia chose Cameron Yoe vs Austin LBJ
- Team Carter chose West Columbia vs Brazosport
- Patagonian chose Gilmer vs Las Vegas
- Every other team chose Wimberly vs Giddings

NOTE: This weeks points include the 3 pt "roster bonus" for the teams that earned it.

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1924/week0pickskc1.jpg

Emerson1
08-31-2006, 05:00 PM
sent at 4:59

Adidas410s
08-31-2006, 05:02 PM
I got 'em...let me change the image...

STANG RED
08-31-2006, 05:16 PM
By sure and read team Dyslexia's picks with a mirror. :D

injuredinmelee
08-31-2006, 05:20 PM
who is in charge of region 2 picks on my team? We should have taken Everman by about 20.
;) ;) ;) ;)

tigerpride_08
08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
everyone picked the our game pretty close...

pirate4state
08-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Adidas please check your PMs. Thanks.

nvm....:nerd:

Adidas4I0s
08-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I'll fix it manana

AggieJohn
08-31-2006, 10:51 PM
nice, nice, now in laymens terms how does scoring go

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 05:00 AM
One game down, four to go. Sorry Team Carter, no points for you. :p ;)

Adidas410s
09-01-2006, 09:24 AM
One game down, four to go. Sorry Team Carter, no points for you. :p ;)
he got 1 pt because Monahans beat Snyder...everybody else gets 0 pts. I'll have updated scores posted

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
he got 1 pt because Monahans beat Snyder...everybody else gets 0 pts. I'll have updated scores posted
I realize that....I was still asleep apparently. :doh:

Adidas410s
09-01-2006, 09:54 AM
K I posted two different "scoreboards"...which one do you like better?

DaHop72
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
K I posted two different "scoreboards"...which one do you like better? The top one is easier to read.

KTJ
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
White

The Carolina Blue is hard to read.

How does the scoring work? Or should I know that by now?

Bullaholic
09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
As team Cpt. I'd like to request a correction of our pick to Monahans-12, Snyder-7. Something must have gotten changed in our original reporting PM. Thank you. :D

Adidas410s
09-01-2006, 09:59 AM
the vote is 2 to 0...works for me. White it is!

AggieJohn
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
i wish their was an easier way then screenshoting something when putting it up there

44INAROW
09-01-2006, 10:03 AM
until I saw the chart of the games and pickem teams, I was confused.. Now I understand.. It will be fun to watch this throughout the season!