PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Pick'em Game...2006 Edition (merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

STANG RED
10-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong, but why didnt 3MenAggie get the bonus point for the R1 game? They seemed to be the closest to the actual score by a long shot. What am I not seeing?
It looks like that was rewarded to the team closest to the average score, instead of the actual score. Is'nt it supposed to be closest to the actual score?

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong, but why didnt 3MenAggie get the bonus point for the R1 game? They seemed to be the closest to the actual score by a long shot. What am I not seeing?
The way that the bonus point is determined is taking the difference in the scores between the two teams vs your pick difference. Example.

Nameless had Burk 28 IP 24...so Burk by 4 points

Actual score...Burk 13 IP 7...so Burk by 6 points

That gives them a 2 point difference off of the actual score.

At first, I thought about doing a sum of the points and that would have given 3MenAggie the win as they had 28 points and the total sum was 20 points. However...think if they had picked the score as Burk 20 IP 0. Yes they would have been exact on their score...but then they were guessing that Burk would win by 20 when in reality they only won by 6. Think of your picks as you are "setting the line" for the game...and then the bonus point is given for how accurate your pick was. Does that make sense? I know I slacked last week and didn't post the bonus point process. I need to post that as well as the playoff structure. I'll try and write it all out tonight.

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 04:30 PM
It looks like that was rewarded to the team closest to the average score, instead of the actual score. Is'nt it supposed to be closest to the actual score?
I agree. This is all just to make AJ look good.:D

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM

Original Photo by Todd Purifoy (click for website)...photo graphics by me.

Freedom of speech means you can say pretty much anything you want as long as it's politically correct. - Mike Leach

The 3ADL...if you don't like something just wait around. It will change!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

STANG RED
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The way that the bonus point is determined is taking the difference in the scores between the two teams vs your pick difference. Example.

Ok I see what your doing now, but it has one glaring flaw in it (please dont call me AJ!!!). Lets say someone picked Burk to beat IP 56 to 50. They hit the spread dead on, but didnt even come close to the actual score. Do they get the bonus anyway??? Am I still not understanding?

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
The 3ADL...if you don't like something just wait around. It will change! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Has pphs called you yet?:thinking:

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Has pphs called you yet?:thinking: No, but I wish he would, otherwise we're down another man.:mad: :mad:

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
No, but I wish he would, otherwise we're down another man.:mad: :mad:
I gave him your number...:confused:
I'll call him after awhile. Dang, if there are just two of us...:eek: :(

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I gave him your number...:confused:
I'll call him after awhile. Dang, if there are just two of us...:eek: :( Did you give the other Reg. any thought?

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Ok I see what your doing now, but it has one glaring flaw in it (please dont call me AJ!!!). Lets say someone picked Burk to beat IP 56 to 50. They hit the spread dead on, but didnt even come close to the actual score. Do they get the bonus anyway??? Am I still not understanding?

Yeah. There are defintely flaws with doing it either way...I just felt this one was "more accurate" without getting things off into a sports betting direction of dealing with over/unders and stuff like that. Sports betting has no place in amateur athletics IMO. So if somebody thinks that Burk is a 3 points better than IP...it doesn't matter if they think that they are 50-47 better or 10-7 better. However, a team DOES receive an additional 3 point bonus if they guess a game with the correct score (4 pts instead of 1 or 5 pts instead of 2) for both teams! Plus...if you had the correct score then it's likely you would also get the extra bonus point. So "in theory" you could get a total of 26 points out of the 5 games! ;)

AggieJohn
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I agree. This is all just to make AJ look good.:D well when in rome....

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Did you give the other Reg. any thought?

did yall not take on whomever it was that wanted to join your team? I forget the poster's name...

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I agree. This is all just to make AJ look good.:D
true...we did finally get him out of last place and replace him with the youngsters team! ;)

AggieJohn
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM
true...we did finally get him out of last place and replace him with the youngsters team! ;) whatever, I'm awesome and the unlikely love fest that is me and KTJ, and me and Jason is helping us on our comeback

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 04:52 PM
did yall not take on whomever it was that wanted to join your team? I forget the poster's name... Yes, but he wasn't Reg. III. We are lacking anyone on our team from that Region. And there is a possibility that we now don't have a Reg. II rep. Hope not, but that could be true as well.

carter08
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
GO TEAM CARTER :D

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, but he wasn't Reg. III. We are lacking anyone on our team from that Region. And there is a possibility that we now don't have a Reg. II rep. Hope not, but that could be true as well.

yeah....our Region 3 rep has kinda gone AWOL. LHS Eagle Fan has also disappeared in the past week or two. :thinking:

carter08
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah....our Region 3 rep has kinda gone AWOL. LHS Eagle Fan has also disappeared in the past week or two. :thinking:

My team doesn't have a Region I, II, or IV rep :D

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by carter08
My team doesn't have a Region I, II, or IV rep :D That's because no one wanted you.:devil: :devil: :devil:

STANG RED
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM

That gives them a 2 point difference off of the actual score.

At first, I thought about doing a sum of the points and that would have given 3MenAggie the win as they had 28 points and the total sum was 20 points. However...think if they had picked the score as Burk 20 IP 0. Yes they would have been exact on their score...but then they were guessing that Burk would win by 20 when in reality they only won by 6. Think of your picks as you are "setting the line" for the game...and then the bonus point is given for how accurate your pick was. Does that make sense? I know I slacked last week and didn't post the bonus point process. I need to post that as well as the playoff structure. I'll try and write it all out tonight.

Take this for what it's worth Adidas, but I have an idea to bounce off of you. It just seems to me like we should be looking for picks that are closest to the actual score, and not closest to the actual spread. Here is my idea:
1. Obviously you have to pick the correct winner first, no matter the score.
2. Subtract the lowest number from the highest, from each teams winners score to the actual winners score. Record that value.
3. Subtract the lowest number from the highest, from each teams looser score to the actual looser score. Record that value.
4. Add these two numbers together. The team with the lowest number is the one closest to the actual score.
In this case, 3MenAggie would have an 8, and Nameless would have 32. Obviously 3MenAggie was much closer to the actual score.
Work out a few scenarios and I think you'll see what I mean. Anyway, like I said, take it for what it's worth. But please take a few minutes to consider it anyway.

vet93
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Stang...I am perfectly comfortable with the way Adidas is tabulating the bonus ;) Unless of course....your way benefits our team in the next round... :D

Take this for what it's worth Adidas, but I have an idea to bounce off of you. It just seems to me like we should be looking for picks that are closest to the actual score, and not closest to the actual spread. Here is my idea:
2. Subtract the lowest number from the highest, from each teams winners score to the actual winners score. Record that value.
3. Subtract the lowest number from the highest, from each teams looser score to the actual looser score. Record that value.
4. Add these two numbers together. The team with the lowest number is the one closest to the actual score.
In this case, 3MenAggie would have an 8, and Nameless would have 32. Obviously 3MenAggie was much closer to the actual score.
Work out a few scenarios and I think you'll see what I mean. Anyway, like I said, take it for what it's worth. But please take a few minutes to consider it anyway.

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Sorry I didn't get back to this last night. I didn't have internet at home so I couldn't do much. It was hard...but I got through it. ;)

The way that you are describing it is exactly how I initially scored it in my "unofficial results" from Saturday. The reason I changed was this:

There are 3 possible things that can potentially go into making a pick. You may choose to consider any number of them.

1. Pick the winner
2. How much will they win by?
3. How many points can the winning and losing teams score?

Part 1 is what we've been doing since the inception of the game. Part 2 is the way that the bonus structure is setup. Part 3 is the other way that I could have structured the bonus point.

The reason that I chose to have the bonus point be based on "how much will a team win by" is because that is how we discuss games already. If somebody came up to me and said, "Hey what do you think will happen in the Texas and Nebraska game this w/e?," I would answer, "I think Texas wins it by 7-10 points." You typically don't hear people say, "I think Texas will win the game 27-20," as they might come across as arrogant and "all-knowing." We tend to answer those questions by stating how many points better we think Team A is over Team B.

Also, we already have a system in place that gives you 3 bonus points if your team makes a correct score pick. By adding this additional bonus structure, the game now offers an opportunity for points to be awarded for all 3 things that can go into making a pick.

Btw...the bonus structure wasn't my idea. It was suggested by Bullaholic as a way to liven up the game and give teams a chance to make a move from week to week. I bet he wishes he hadn't suggested it now as his team lost it's stranglehold on the top spot! ;)

vet93
10-18-2006, 09:45 AM
It would be interesting to see what the team totals would have been had the bonus been applied from the first week. By the way...I like the idea of the bonus points...it adds spice to the game and rewards teams for getting close to the actual point spread!

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by vet93
It would be interesting to see what the team totals would have been had the bonus been applied from the first week. By the way...I like the idea of the bonus points...it adds spice to the game and rewards teams for getting close to the actual point spread!

OK...I got bored and figured it up going back to Week 1 (didn't have the Week 0 scores in my sheet). Bull's idea would REALLY be hurting his team as the All Seeing Guys only had 1 bonus point and they earned that in Week 5. Here are the current standings along with how many bonus points they WOULD have had if the game had started in Week 1.

Nameless 41 + 1 = 42
AllSeeing 40 + 1 = 41
FUBAR 38 + 2 = 40
Team Carter 38 + 7 = 45
Guys/Girls 36 + 3 = 39
BASSHOLES 35 + 4 = 39
Dyslexia 34 + 1 = 35
Patagonian 33 + 3 = 36
3MenAggie 33 + 2 = 35

So the new rankings would have looked like this...

1. Team Carter - 45 points (up 4 spots)
2. Nameless - 42 points (down 1 spot)
3. All Seeing - 41 points (down 1 spot)
4. FUBAR - 40 points (down 1 spot)
5(t). Guys/Girls - 39 points (no change)
5(t). BASSHOLES - 39 points (no change)
7. Patagonian - 36 points (up 1 spot)
8(t). Dyslexia - 35 points (down 1 spot)
8(t). 3MenAggie - 35 points (no change)

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 10:04 AM

8(t). Dyslexia - 35 points (down 1 spot)

all of a sudden i hate that idea

pirate4state
10-18-2006, 10:06 AM
wow - look at Team Carter with the "would have been" numbers!! :eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
k...my goal for today is to get the write up on the playoff structure put together. Maybe I should do some real work instead...hmm....:thinking:

vet93
10-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Your doing great....don't worry...be happy!

k...my goal for today is to get the write up on the playoff structure put together. Maybe I should do some real work instead...hmm....:thinking:

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 10:54 AM
You’ve heard me make mention of a 3ADownlow Pick’em Game Playoffs…well here is how it’s all going to work. We have 9 times…and in the spirit of the UIL we are going to ensure that all 9 teams make the playoffs! ;).

Structure
- The playoffs will start in Week 11 with the #8 and #9 teams facing each other.
- Teams 1 through 7 will still turn in picks as has been done every other week. For these 7 teams, Week 11 is the last week to “jockey for position” before starting the playoffs in Week 12.
- Beginning in Week 12, the bracket will look like this:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9929/playoffbracketys2.jpg
- The playoffs will run through Week 14…the last possible week that there will be 5 games to pick from.
NOTE: For the playoffs, a mandatory wildcard game will be announced each week and all teams will use that as their 5th game.
NOTE 2: As this is the playoffs and everything is being done in a head-to-head format, there will be no use of the bonus point system.

Scoring/Tiebreakers
If teams have different picks, then the team with the correct pick gets the point. The first team with 3 points advances to the next week. If the teams both choose the same winner, the following tiebreak system will be used:
- Closer to actual point spread of game (this is the current “bonus point” system)
- Closer to actual score of winning team
- Closer to actual score of losing team

For example, if both teams turn in the exact same pick in Region 1, I will revert back to your pick in the Region 1 game from Week 11 and again use the same tiebreaking system if both teams chose the same winner. After that, it would move to Week 10, 9, and so on until the tie is broken. The same thing would apply if it reverts to Region 2, 3, or 4.

If you turn in the exact same pick on the wildcard game, it will then go to whichever region that game stems from. For example Wylie/Decatur would be Region 1, Gilmer/T-LE would be Region 2, etc.

As always, please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and I will do my best to get them answered. If there is anything that I haven’t covered in these rules please let me know ASAP so that it can be addressed before the playoffs start so as to minimize heartache later on. Thanks guys…and that other team! ;)

mwynn05
10-18-2006, 11:00 AM
I like this it keeps everyone involved a little longer....I actually like the idea of having it be like fantasy football where you play a different pick em team every week and you have records not that thepoint system is bad its just i realized i like this idea when i saw this thread and it just now dawned on me lol

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 11:01 AM
So let me get the laymens terms here....

Head to head total of five points for grab from each region

Chose your pick, if it's the same then we're using the bonus point system to tie break that...

last two teams play each other in 5 weeks....

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
So let me get the laymens terms here....

Head to head total of five points for grab from each region

Chose your pick, if it's the same then we're using the bonus point system to tie break that...

last two teams play each other in 5 weeks....

no....LHPM will still be posting GotW for each region which gives you 4 games. The 5th game will be a w/c game that will be chosen by Russ and I and it will be used across the board. There are 5 games...the team with the correct pick gets 1 point. If both teams turn in the same winning team...then read the tiebreaker system for an explanation.

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 11:18 AM
no....LHPM will still be posting GotW for each region which gives you 4 games. The 5th game will be a w/c game that will be chosen by Russ and I and it will be used across the board. There are 5 games...the team with the correct pick gets 1 point. If both teams turn in the same winning team...then read the tiebreaker system for an explanation. Ok

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 10:40 AM
ttt for those who didn't see it....

Ranger Mom
10-19-2006, 10:41 AM
I will just let pirate4state explain it to me!!:p

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I will just let pirate4state explain it to me!!:p

eh.....http://forums.ratehispanic.com/images/smilies/icon_scratch.gif okay http://forums.ratehispanic.com/images/smilies/icon_blink.gif :nerd: :D

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I like this it keeps everyone involved a little longer....I actually like the idea of having it be like fantasy football where you play a different pick em team every week and you have records not that thepoint system is bad its just i realized i like this idea when i saw this thread and it just now dawned on me lol

One thought though is that it would be A LOT more time consuming if it was head to head every week as often times both teams would make the same picks and then I would have to go into multiple tiebreakers every week. The point system is easier in the regular season.

Adidas410s
10-20-2006, 11:32 AM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8809/week7picksjk3.jpg

pirate4state
10-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Can I change my mind?? :p :D After they are posted per the AJ rule??

Adidas410s
10-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Can I change my mind?? :p :D After they are posted per the AJ rule??

Nice try...I'm thinking no! :mad: Especially after that evil thing you wrote when you sent your picks! :foul:

injuredinmelee
10-20-2006, 12:49 PM
it is after MY lunch so lets see em!!!

Adidas410s
10-20-2006, 12:55 PM
we've got a delay...I noticed that a team used a w/c team that they had already used so I'm waiting on a response to see if they want to stick with that pick. It should just be a few more minutes...

SintonFan
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
we've got a delay...I noticed that a team used a w/c team that they had already used so I'm waiting on a response to see if they want to stick with that pick. It should just be a few more minutes...
Show no Compassion!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
10-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Nice try...I'm thinking no! :mad: Especially after that evil thing you wrote when you sent your picks! :foul: ROFL! PROTEST!! :p :p

Adidas410s
10-20-2006, 01:08 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

SintonFan
10-20-2006, 01:21 PM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8809/week7picksjk3.jpg
Did Mad/LW play last night? If so when did Pata send in their picks?:thinking:
I'm just curious as to how two points are awarded so soon.:(

Adidas410s
10-20-2006, 01:25 PM
nobody worry...Emerson sent me their picks yesterday afternoon before I left work at 5PM.

injuredinmelee
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
nobody worry...Emerson sent me their picks yesterday afternoon before I left work at 5PM.

sure he did sure...

Adidas410s
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
sure he did sure...
you suck at life! :mad:

Adidas410s
10-23-2006, 08:55 AM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1403/week7resultsac4.jpg

Two things of note...somebody double check and make sure I'm right on the bonus point for All Seeing. At home, I had them tied at 47 points with Nameless and nobody got more than 7 points in the round. However, this morning I have them at 8 points. Please double check that one for me.

NOTE: For purposes of determining playoff seeding, if two or more teams are tied for the 8th place (as we have right now with 3MenAggie and BASSHOLES) then whoever had the higher score in Week 10 will be awarded the 7th seed and not have to face the 9th place team in the "play in game" in Week 11. If both teams had the same score in Week 10, we will then revert back to Week 9, Week 8, etc until the tie is broken.

injuredinmelee
10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Ajs team is def the cream of the crop!

Adidas410s
10-24-2006, 08:09 AM
yeah I forgot to e-mail the spreadsheet back to work today. I'll just do it here sometime this morning. I think I can squeeze it in...

STANG RED
10-24-2006, 08:14 AM
yeah I forgot to e-mail the spreadsheet back to work today. I'll just do it here sometime this morning. I think I can squeeze it in...

Well HOLY CRAP!:mad:
Somebody get a freaken rope! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2006, 08:22 AM

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/leo_cowgirlmettouw.gif

Adidas410s
10-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Well HOLY CRAP!:mad:

Ranger Mom
10-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/leo_cowgirlmettouw.gif

HaHa!! Ask and you shall receive!!

jason
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Ajs team is def the cream of the crop! add the 3 points we got screwed out of, and we're not doing half bad...

whoever made that pitt vs mt vernon score must be a genius... :D

Adidas410s
10-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Here are the picks for this week. I'm heading to Abilene and to Lubbock this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday night. Monday morning I'm heading out of town for work and won't be back until late on Thursday night. If I have internet service tonight or tmrw, I'll try and get the results posted for everyone's enjoyment...and for AJ's frustration! ;)

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2356/week8picksrs8.jpg

injuredinmelee
10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
oh who changed the Snyder/Gwood pick?

AggieJohn
10-27-2006, 11:38 PM
If the team that you picked too win didn't win are you not allowed to get the bounus point for being closest too the actual score

SintonFan
10-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Lots of hits and misses this week.
3MenAggie should pick up four extra points this week for having the closest score in ALL FOUR GAMES. :) We missed the WC but we got some good ones on the scores.
Reg. 1 Snyder 27 GW 17(10 points)... our pick Snyder 28 GW 21 (7 points... closest)
Reg. 2 West 13 Ken 10 (3 points against all's picks) our pick Ken 21 West 14 (4 points and closest)
Reg. 3 Kirby 27 BC 12 (15 points) our pick Kirby 28 BC 17 (11 points... closest)
Reg. 4 Ingleside 35 OG 34 (1 point) our pick Ingleside 30 OG 24 (6 points and tied for closest margin of victory, don't change the rules just because there is a tie... do it next week:) ):nerd:
We should have 7 points this week! Sweet!:clap: :cool: :clap:

SideBurnWillie
10-28-2006, 12:54 AM
3MenAggie should pick up four extra points this week for having the closest score in ALL FOUR GAMES. :) We missed the WC but we got some good ones on the scores.
Reg. 1 Snyder 27 GW 17(10 points)... our pick Snyder 28 GW 21 (7 points... closest)
Reg. 2 West 13 Ken 10 (3 points against all's picks) our pick Ken 21 West 14 (4 points and closest)
Reg. 3 Kirby 27 BC 12 (15 points) our pick Kirby 28 BC 17 (11 points... closest)
Reg. 4 Ingleside 35 OG 34 (1 point) our pick Ingleside 30 OG 24 (6 points and tied for closest margin of victory, don't change the rules just because there is a tie... do it next week:) ):nerd:

Now thats what I'm Talking about. :clap:

SintonFan
10-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
Now thats what I'm Talking about. :clap:
Watch them change the rules.:eek:
Better not or I'll just :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!

Adidas410s
10-28-2006, 01:20 AM

Nobody gets bonus points on Region 2 as nobody guessed the game correctly. You have to guess that correct to get the score. Also, there is a tiebreaker system already in place for the bonus point. If both teams tie the system is as follows:

1. Closest to winning team's score
2. Closest to losing team's score
3. Team with the lower point total to start the week

Thus, nameless was correct on on tiebreaker #1 so they would receive the bonus point. So sorry...I'm not changing the rules...get off my ass...you don't get the point! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Adidas410s
10-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Watch them change the rules.:eek:
Better not or I'll just :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!

and go ahead and whine...but you will that I wrote all of that when I announced the tiebreaker point. It's all in the big "3ADL Pick'em Game" thread...HA!!!:eek:

Adidas410s
10-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Here is that text to save you the time...

Sorry for the delay...here are the picks:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7292/week6picksen0.jpg

NOTE: The Patagonian Giants did not turn in their picks on time and will thus receive the same 3 point deduction that was given to previous teams. Emerson1 has been notified by PM of this ruling.

NOTE 2: Effective this week, the team with the closest pick to the actual score of the game will be given 1 bonus point. This is for all 5 games so it is possible for a team to earn 5 bonus points. In the event of a tie, there are 3 tiebreakers:

1. Closest pick to the winning team's score.
2. Closest pick to the losing team's score.
3. Team (picking teams...not the schools) with the lowest season point total before the picks.

SintonFan
10-28-2006, 01:54 AM
and go ahead and whine...
I never whine...:hand:

pirate4state
10-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Standings after this week :nerd:

All Seeing - 50 pts
Nameless - 50 pts
Fubar - 49 pts
Chicks Rule - 46 pts
3Men - 45 pts
Dyslexia - 45 pts
Bass - 41 pts
Carter - 41 pts
Patagonian - 41 pts

carter08
10-28-2006, 05:40 PM

All Seeing - 50 pts
Nameless - 50 pts
Fubar - 49 pts
Chicks Rule - 46 pts
3Men - 45 pts
Dyslexia - 45 pts
Bass - 41 pts
Carter - 41 pts
Patagonian - 41 pts

Team Carter had a BAD week

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Team Carter had a BAD week
Thank you! :D (j/k :) )

pirate4state
10-28-2006, 05:59 PM

All Seeing - 50 pts
Nameless - 50 pts
Fubar - 49 pts
Chicks Rule - 46 pts
3Men - 45 pts
Dyslexia - 45 pts
Bass - 41 pts
Carter - 41 pts
Patagonian - 41 pts

These are unofficial of course. :nerd:

AggieJohn
10-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Nobody gets bonus points on Region 2 as nobody guessed the game correctly. You have to guess that correct to get the score. Also, there is a tiebreaker system already in place for the bonus point. If both teams tie the system is as follows:

1. Closest to winning team's score
2. Closest to losing team's score
3. Team with the lower point total to start the week

Thus, nameless was correct on on tiebreaker #1 so they would receive the bonus point. So sorry...I'm not changing the rules...get off my ass...you don't get the point! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: i didn't say anything

SintonFan
10-30-2006, 02:31 AM
i didn't say anything
yet you implied...

Adidas410s
10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry there is no fun spreadsheet this week. I e-mailed it home from work but evidently I sent an older version that didn't have the week 8 picks included. I am heading out of this morning but will be back on Thursday night so you can still PM your picks as always.

1(t) - Namless Gurus (50 points)...0-0-1-2-0 + 47 previous points
1(t) - All Seeing Guys (50 points)...0-0-1-1-0 + 48 previous points
3 - FUBAR (49 points)...1-0-0-1-3 + 44 previous points
4 - Guys/Girls (46 points)...0-0-0-1-4 + 41 previous points
5(t) - Dyslexia (45 points)...0-0-1-1-2 + 41 previous points
5(t) - 3MenAggie (45 points)...2-0-2-1-0 + 40 previous points
7(t) - Team Carter (41 points)...0-0-0-0-0 + 41 previous points
7(t) - BASSHOLES (41 points)...0-0-0-1-0 + 40 previous points
7(t) - Patagonian (41 points)...0-0-0-1-3 + 37 previous points

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 10:38 AM
looks like i survived the death sentance

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 10:40 AM
and you have the bassholes tied in 7th yet they have 40 points

pirate4state
10-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Sorry there is no fun spreadsheet this week. I e-mailed it home from work but evidently I sent an older version that didn't have the week 8 picks included. I am heading out of this morning but will be back on Thursday night so you can still PM your picks as always.

1 - Namless Gurus (50 points)...0-0-1-2-0 + 47 previous points
2(t) - All Seeing Guys (49 points)...0-0-1-1-0 + 48 previous points
2(t) - FUBAR (49 points)...1-0-0-1-3 + 44 previous points
4 - Guys/Girls (46 points)...0-0-0-1-4 + 41 previous points
5(t) - Dyslexia (45 points)...0-0-1-1-2 + 41 previous points
5(t) - 3MenAggie (45 points)...2-0-2-1-0 + 40 previous points
7(t) - Team Carter (41 points)...0-0-0-0-0 + 41 previous points
7(t) - BASSHOLES (40 points)...0-0-0-1-0 + 40 previous points
7(t) - Patagonian (41 points)...0-0-0-1-3 + 37 previous points

:clap: Thanks!! :)

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 10:45 AM
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2155/untitlednt3.jpg

Adidas410s
10-30-2006, 11:08 AM
and you have the bassholes tied in 7th yet they have 40 points
do some math and you would get the typo! ;)

STANG RED
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Looks like All Seeing Guys should have 50 instead of 49.
If I'm reading this right, they started with 48, and hit the RIII & RIV games for 2.

AggieJohn
10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
If I'm reading this right, they started with 48, and hit the RIII & RIV games for 2. your correct i think

pirate4state
10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/2356/week8picksrs8.jpg

I think you are right Stang Red. These are the point totals I came up with.

All Seeing - 50 pts
Nameless - 50 pts
Fubar - 49 pts
Chicks Rule - 46 pts
3Men - 45 pts
Dyslexia - 45 pts
Bass - 41 pts
Carter - 41 pts
Patagonian - 41 pts

Adidas410s
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
If I'm reading this right, they started with 48, and hit the RIII & RIV games for 2.

yeah that's how I wrote it down on my paper AND on here. Maybe I should reconsider all this finance and accounting work I do! :thinking:

STANG RED
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
yeah that's how I wrote it down on my paper AND on here. Maybe I should reconsider all this finance and accounting work I do! :thinking:

LOL, Uh oh! :D

Dont sweat it man! Your doing great. We got your back, here anyway.

Adidas410s
10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
LOL, Uh oh! :D

Dont sweat it man! Your doing great. We got your back, here anyway.

Thanks...sorry I missed out after the game Friday night. SING didn't end until close to 11 and then Rick didn't answer when I called! I ended up going to play poker for a few hours...

bulldogman06
10-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Is there somewhere that shows who is on each team???

jason
10-30-2006, 11:51 AM
'dyslexia is nuf' consists of:

jason
aggie john
injuredinmelee
ktj
3afan

carter08
10-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Team Carter is

carter08

pirate4state
10-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Guys Drool, CHICKS RULE consists of:

Ranger Mom
txkmom
LH Panther Mom
pirate4state

Adidas410s
10-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Is there somewhere that shows who is on each team???

I believe the rosters are somewhere in the stickied game thread. There are a lot of pages so have fun looking! ;)

Gobbler Fan
10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Dyslexia is 'NUF'
Injuredinmelee
3afan
tigerpride_08
Aggie John
KTJ
KindaCool

Guys Drool, Chicks Rule
Ranger Mom
txkmom
LH Panther Mom
pirate4state

The Patagonian Giants
TexasHSFootball
Emerson1
Eagles_Victory
D303APP
DUStud
mwynn05

Three Men and an Aggie
DaHop72
PPHSFan
neck_06
Sinton Fan

BASSHOLE
Adidas410s
lostaussie
WOS1
BDR
Z Motion Out On 2
LHSEagleFan

FA Team 1
Sweetwater Red/Stang Red
LEROY
cdlvj
footballgal
Tiger Baseball
Pmoney

FA Team 2= Nameless
Vet 93
manck
Chris Hart
Gobbler Fan

All Seeing Guys
Bullaholic
Fury900
Big Papa
Bjrod
football4life
garageoffice

SintonFan
11-03-2006, 12:58 AM
If anyone "forgot" that today's picks should have been turned in, the penalty should still be enforced. Anyone would gladly take a penalty if it means they were dum enuf to have over-looked an obvious "GOTW". Just checking here, but only team leaders can submit their weekly teams picks, right? Just curious.:confused:

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 03:51 PM
If anyone "forgot" that today's picks should have been turned in, the penalty should still be enforced. Anyone would gladly take a penalty if it means they were dum enuf to have over-looked an obvious "GOTW". Just checking here, but only team leaders can submit their weekly teams picks, right? Just curious.:confused:

That is correct unless I know that "circumstances" dictate that somebody else will submit them...which has happened numerous times throughout the season. The part about the captain submitting them is to say that the picks we receive from the captain are the official picks for the team...in case other members decided to send in differing picks.

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Here ya go. As has been noted, there was a Thursday night game. Team FUBAR did turn their picks in late and it is so noted. Two teams (Guys/Girls and BASSHOLES) both picked the correct spread at 4 points. There is a 3 part tiebreaker when this happens. The teams tied on the first two parts (closer pick to winner/loser score) so the 3rd tiebreaker (team with lower oveall point total at the beginning of the week) was awarded the bonus point. Thus, the BASSHOLES received the 2 points.

FYI...there will a MAJOR opportunity for teams to catch up in the point standings next week so make sure that you stay tuned once LHPM posts the game(s) of the week! You didn't think we could go too long without throwing another curveball out there! ;)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6550/week9pickscq8.jpg

pirate4state
11-03-2006, 04:31 PM
WHAT THE HELL??? Because their point total is lower than ours they get a reward??? :mad: :mad: :mad:

AggieJohn
11-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Major Points?

Let me guess, we throw in a College Football game....that would be cool

jason
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
WHAT THE HELL??? Because their point total is lower than ours they get a reward??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :bigcry: :crying: :bigcry: :crying::bigcry:

:rolleyes:

AggieJohn
11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
ok so how did you get that bassholes gets the extra point...i don't see that...maybe i'm just not doing the math right right now....

pirate4state
11-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by jason
:bigcry: :crying: :bigcry: :crying::bigcry: :rolleyes:

:hand:

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
ok so how did you get that bassholes gets the extra point...i don't see that...maybe i'm just not doing the math right right now....

The final score was 11-7...so Madison won by 4.

BASSHOLES and Guys/Girls BOTH picked Madison to win by 4 points. In this case, they both also picked the same score of 30-26. Here are the tiebreak rules:

1. The closer pick to the winning team's score
2. The closer pick to the losing team's score
3. The team with the lower point total to begin the week.

Remember...this is only for the regular season and it will change come playoff time once we go to the head-to-head format.

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
We've got an OOPS...just realized that Patagonian's pick of Yoe and Rockdale does not include a Top 25 team from Matt's poll. Does anybody know if Emerson is around today?

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 05:30 PM
here is the Pats new w/c pick...from Emerson's PM...

Adidas410s wrote on 11-03-2006 04:22 PM:
you chose Yoe vs Rockdale but neither of those teams are in Matt's Top 25. I need a new pick from you. So far...you've used the following teams so don't use them again:

Bellville Sweetwater Greenwood/Brownfield Sanger/Gainesville Dal Madison/Lk Worth

Emerson1 wrote on 11-03-2006 04:26 PM:

Take whatever two top 25 teams are playing

28-21. The winning team is the team with the most letters.

So...based on that his pick will be Bellville 28 and Giddings 21. I'll fix the spreadsheet...

Ranger Mom
11-03-2006, 05:41 PM
The final score was 11-7...so Madison won by 4.

BASSHOLES and Guys/Girls BOTH picked Madison to win by 4 points. In this case, they both also picked the same score of 30-26. Here are the tiebreak rules:

1. The closer pick to the winning team's score
2. The closer pick to the losing team's score
3. The team with the lower point total to begin the week.

Remember...this is only for the regular season and it will change come playoff time once we go to the head-to-head format.

Just so I am in the "know"....can you point me to the link where the tie-breaker was discussed before??

IMO..I think both teams should be awarded the points!!

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Just so I am in the "know"....can you point me to the link where the tie-breaker was discussed before??

IMO..I think both teams should be awarded the points!!

I tried finding it today but couldn't. I do remember finding it last Friday though...let me look around some more.

And the reason that the 3rd part was written in was to promote the purpose of the bonus point...to offer teams a chance to gain ground/seperate themselves from other teams. If the point is given to multiple teams...then it's purpose is defeated.

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 05:52 PM
here is the original text...I don't remember which week I found it in...

Sorry for the delay...here are the picks:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7292/week6picksen0.jpg

NOTE: The Patagonian Giants did not turn in their picks on time and will thus receive the same 3 point deduction that was given to previous teams. Emerson1 has been notified by PM of this ruling.

NOTE 2: Effective this week, the team with the closest pick to the actual score of the game will be given 1 bonus point. This is for all 5 games so it is possible for a team to earn 5 bonus points. In the event of a tie, there are 3 tiebreakers:

1. Closest pick to the winning team's score.
2. Closest pick to the losing team's score.
3. Team (picking teams...not the schools) with the lowest season point total before the picks.

Ranger Mom
11-03-2006, 05:56 PM
These rules confuse me....I know you had mentioned something about not being able to use a "losing team" score. But I can't remember what you were talking about.

It didn't seem like it had anything to do with the tiebreaker....I just remembered you said it couldn't be used.

I think..... :crazy1: :crazy1:

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 06:02 PM
These rules confuse me....I know you had mentioned something about not being able to use a "losing team" score. But I can't remember what you were talking about.

It didn't seem like it had anything to do with the tiebreaker....I just remembered you said it couldn't be used.

I think..... :crazy1: :crazy1:

That was when somebody wanted to get the bonus point because (even though everybody picked the game wrong) they said they were closest to the actual spread so they wanted a point. I countered with "how can you get a bonus point on a pick if you don't even get the point for a correct pick."

I assure you that the rules will be much more cut and dry next season. This year was/is a big work in progress and we've had many kinks along the way.

pirate4state
11-03-2006, 06:35 PM
IMO..I think both teams should be awarded the points!! Me too. I mean we predicted the same score!!!

3afan
11-03-2006, 06:38 PM
IMO its gotten too complex -- drop the wildcard and give each team 1 point if they get the various GOTWs right, 0 points if its wrong

there ya go

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
IMO its gotten too complex -- drop the wildcard and give each team 1 point if they get the various GOTWs right, 0 points if its wrong

there ya go

the game would've been over by the 3rd or 4th week if we did that. Go back and look at the scores...it would've made the game boring and teams would've stopped playing. The changes and bonuses are made to give teams a chance to catch up and keep it interesting. You don't have to do anything different...just pick your games. The scoring has just had some added extras in it. Sorry that you don't do well with change...

3afan
11-03-2006, 07:49 PM
we're still gonna come back and win ... I can feel it

Emerson1
11-03-2006, 07:50 PM
we're still gonna come back and win ... I can feel it
No, my team is!

Adidas410s
11-03-2006, 07:52 PM
the playoffs can be a beautiful thing! Somebody should tell the BCS!:D

Hupernikomen
11-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Here ya go. As has been noted, there was a Thursday night game. Team FUBAR did turn their picks in late and it is so noted. Two teams (Guys/Girls and BASSHOLES) both picked the correct spread at 4 points. There is a 3 part tiebreaker when this happens. The teams tied on the first two parts (closer pick to winner/loser score) so the 3rd tiebreaker (team with lower oveall point total at the beginning of the week) was awarded the bonus point. Thus, the BASSHOLES received the 2 points.

FYI...there will a MAJOR opportunity for teams to catch up in the point standings next week so make sure that you stay tuned once LHPM posts the game(s) of the week! You didn't think we could go too long without throwing another curveball out there! ;)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6550/week9pickscq8.jpg

ttt

Ranger Mom
11-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Me too. I mean we predicted the same score!!!

I agree...it's like we are being penalized for having more points!:rolleyes:

I think it's a conspiracy....they expected an all girl team to be in dead last!!!:p

I think in the VERY least....the points should be split.

When 2 people win the lottery, they split it, not give it to the poorest person!!:D

pirate4state
11-04-2006, 02:25 AM
here is the Pats new w/c pick...from Emerson's PM...

Emerson1 wrote on 11-03-2006 04:26 PM:

Take whatever two top 25 teams are playing

28-21. The winning team is the team with the most letters.

So...based on that his pick will be Bellville 28 and Giddings 21. I'll fix the spreadsheet... [/QUOTE]

based on his previous picks though they can't use Bellville and get the max points right?? :thinking: :confused:

I STILL THINK WE WERE ROBBED BONUS POINTS!

AggieJohn
11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
See I don't think i fully understood the rules. I think that in order to win a bonus point you should have to have a score picked to the closest actual score.

Example:

Sinton-11 Cuero 7

Team A picks: Sinton 28 Cuero 24
Team B picks: Sinton 14 Cuero 8

Under what I understand from the game, the winner this week would be team A because they got the right spread. I think that Team B should win because they got closes to the actual score and picked the winner.

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Here are this weeks results. Nobody really did that great this week but there was a lot of shifting in the standings.

NOTE: This week...the Mart/Marlin game is ALSO being included in the picks. It will be a 6th game and you will still turn in your 4 Region + w/c games as well. A correct pick in the Mart/Marlin game will = 5 points. The 1 point bonus will not apply to this game. If you pick the exact score of the game, you will receive an additional 3 points making this game worth up to 8 points.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6959/week9resultssb0.jpg

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 11:52 AM
okay that yellow is hard to read and did nameless get the bonus pt for Region III?? You already know how I feel about Region II. :mad:

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
okay that yellow is hard to read and did nameless get the bonus pt for Region III?? You already know how I feel about Region II. :mad:

Oops I forgot to mark them on Region 3....

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
If the game were to end today...here is what the playoff bracket would look like. Remember that in Week 11, there will be a play-in game between the 8th and 9th place teams...which are currently Patagonian and Carter. The 8-team playoffs will start in Week 12.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2429/playoffbrackettentativeet5.jpg

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Sweet!
We got our act together just in time for the playoffs.:clap: :inlove:

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Just curious here Addy, how do the teams tied for 3rd get placed on the third seed and fourth seed.

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 01:46 PM
When we start the playoff thing please get away from Guys/Girls and use CHICKS RULE??? :D

3afan
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM
When we start the playoff thing please get away from Guys/Girls and use CHICKS RULE??? :D

don't matter - chicks are going DOWN in round 1 ...

:D

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 02:06 PM

:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 02:11 PM

Don't think so!!

jason
11-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Don't think so!! wanna BET ????

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 02:48 PM
wanna BET ???? I'll have to ask my girls!! :p :p :D

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Just curious here Addy, how do the teams tied for 3rd get placed on the third seed and fourth seed.
good question...I hadn't even thought of that. I just placed them up there this time.

Tiebreak system:

1. # of weeks that a team had the highest point total (including ties) of all teams. You can see that info here:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8957/weeklystandingshs4.jpg

2. If #1 doesn't break the tie, we will look at who had the higher point total week 11, then 10, then 9, etc if we need to break the tie.

Anybody have any objections to this tiebreak method?

SintonFan
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Looks good and if that was the case we would have the tie-breaker with 4 weeks highest score and 3 weeks for them. 3men
have gone from last place to 3rd in the tie-breaker system.:cool: :clap:

pirate4state
11-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Looks good and if that was the case we would have the tie-breaker with 4 weeks highest score and 3 weeks for them. 3men
have gone from last place to 3rd in the tie-breaker system.:cool: :clap: It won't even matter b/c we are gonna leave ya'll in the dust after this week!!! :kiss:

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
have gone from last place to 3rd in the tie-breaker system.:cool: :clap:
after being tied for last in Weeks 5 and 6 yall have really made a jump up the standings! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
11-06-2006, 04:07 PM
ttt...PLEASE READ THE NOTE!!!

Adidas410s
11-07-2006, 12:24 PM
ttt...PLEASE READ THE NOTE!!!

yeah...what he said

Adidas410s
11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Just a reminder for Week 10...you will be turning in SIX games instead of the Usual 5 games. Your picks will look something like this:

Region 1 - Canyon 86 Dalhart 72
Region 2 - Kaufman 25 Crandall 13
Region 3 - Cameron Yoe 44 Liberty Hill 33
Region 4 - Devine 53 Hondo 0
Wild Card - Wharton 28 Needville 27
SPECIAL - Mart 3 Marlin 2

Just FYI for everybody. I haven't received picks from anybody so no need to worry about fixing things just yet...

pirate4state
11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks!! :)

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 11:05 AM
ttt since I only have picks from 4 or 5 teams as of now...also I'm going to be kinda busy at work early this afternoon but I'll get the picks posted by 5...:D

3afan
11-10-2006, 11:07 AM
work??? on a Friday???

I'm off every Friday the rest of the year - plus 3 full weeks !!!

pirate4state
11-10-2006, 11:09 AM
work??? on a Friday???

I'm off today!!! WOO HOO!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 11:12 AM
work??? on a Friday???

:D jason said he he needs more money, so you better get to work :D :D :D

3afan
11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
jason said he he needs more money, so you better get to work :D :D :D

oh, I'm getting paid !!!! its vacation I could not use while I was up in VA ....

sad thing is, today the Mrs. is home - so its not a day off at all :(

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 11:17 AM
ah, i know the feeling

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 11:27 AM
ah, i know the feeling

Already???

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Already??? not really i just wanted to sound like i'm an old married couple

jason
11-10-2006, 01:31 PM
jason said he he needs more money, so you better get to work :D :D :D my business is booming...dont NEED donations...but i would gladly accept them...:cool:

3afan
11-10-2006, 01:35 PM
my business is booming...

Campus Repair? Poker? or Skin Games?

:confused:

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 01:42 PM

:confused: http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7772/p1010032uo0.jpg
his part time job at the fun factory

jason
11-10-2006, 01:46 PM

:confused: all 3...get to play @ killeen saturday, i havent played since they opened the new back 9...apparently its 7400+ yards from the tips....FUN....

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Sorry if it's a bit small this week. I had to cram 6 games into 5!

Remeber that at the conclusion of this week the 8th and 9th place teams will face off in a "play-in game" in Week 11. The top 7 teams will play Week 11 under the regular season system and their seeding will be determined after next week. The 8 team playoffs will start in Week 12. As always...feel free to gripe, compalain, and maybe mix in a few questions! ;)

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5774/week10picksew0.jpg

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 03:32 PM
i like it, although, what in the crap was carter's team thinking............3 pts on all

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 03:33 PM
i like it, although, what in the crap was carter's team thinking............3 pts on all
he tried to turn in 1 to 0 on every game. He said that whenever he picks the scores he never gets them right...so he's just picking a winner instead.

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 03:34 PM
he tried to turn in 1 to 0 on every game. He said that whenever he picks the scores he never gets them right...so he's just picking a winner instead. how many members does he have left on his team

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I got a question and maybe a gripe, depending on the answer.

Since guys/girls and fubar BOTH have picked the same score for the Mart/Marlin game...and that happens to be the actual score of the game......will us girls be penalized yet again, since their score is smaller than ours???

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I got a question and maybe a gripe, depending on the answer.

Since guys/girls and fubar BOTH have picked the same score for the Mart/Marlin game...and that happens to be the actual score of the game......will us girls be penalized yet again, since their score is smaller than ours???

There is no bonus point on the Mart/Marlin game. However, last week was the 1st time we had to use tiebreaker #3. Every week there are a few games where 2 teams turn in the same score. Look at this week:

Region 1 - Dyslexia and Guys/Girls both have 31-17
Region 2 - Dyslexia and FUBAR both have 28-24
Region 4 - 3MenAggie and BASSHOLES both have 31-20
Wild Card - FUBAR and Dyslexia both have 38-10 (granted...this would require the score of two different games to be the exact same for tiebreaker #3 to come into effect)

Also...on the Mart/Marlin game Nameless and BASSHOLES turned in the same score but as I stated earlier there is no bonus point given. You get 5 points for a correct pick and 8 points for an exact score pick.

And NOOOOOOOO...you aren't being penalized. Nothing is being taken away from you. You just aren't receiving anything extra! ;)

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 03:43 PM
how many members does he have left on his team
it's always been a 1 man show!

pirate4state
11-10-2006, 03:49 PM
And NOOOOOOOO...you aren't being penalized. Nothing is being taken away from you. You just aren't receiving anything extra! ;) :tongue: :tongue: Uh huh. :rolleyes:

AggieJohn
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
There is no bonus point on the Mart/Marlin game. However, last week was the 1st time we had to use tiebreaker #3. Every week there are a few games where 2 teams turn in the same score. Look at this week:

Region 1 - Dyslexia and Guys/Girls both have 31-17
Region 2 - Dyslexia and FUBAR both have 28-24
Region 4 - 3MenAggie and BASSHOLES both have 31-20
Wild Card - FUBAR and Dyslexia both have 38-10 (granted...this would require the score of two different games to be the exact same for tiebreaker #3 to come into effect)

Also...on the Mart/Marlin game

\Nameless and BASSHOLES turned in the same score but as I stated earlier there is no bonus point given. You get 5 points for a correct pick and 8 points for an exact score pick.

And NOOOOOOOO...you aren't being penalized. Nothing is being taken away from you. You just aren't receiving anything extra! ;)

in other words, we are probably going for broke this week

Ranger Mom
11-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Well hell!!! All my post was for nothing!!

Our score is the same...just with opposite teams winning!!

"Mart" and "Marl" are just WAY TOO CLOSE!!!!

You did that just to mess with my head...huh adidas!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Adidas410s
11-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Well hell!!! All my post was for nothing!!

Our score is the same...just with opposite teams winning!!

"Mart" and "Marl" are just WAY TOO CLOSE!!!!

You did that just to mess with my head...huh adidas!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
ha I didn't even notice that. No I just did that so that I could fit all 6 games onto 1 screen. If it was just 5 games I would've written out Marlin. :(

AggieJohn
11-11-2006, 01:03 AM
so who takes the crandall kaufman points

kaorder1999
11-11-2006, 01:05 AM
25-22 crandall

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 01:10 AM
so who takes the crandall kaufman points
I think we should, since we missed the actual score by one point! :D

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I think we should, since we missed the actual score by one point! :D
But going by the rules we might get it. I'm STILL confused by the rules.:confused: :D

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 01:19 AM
But going by the rules we might get it. I'm STILL confused by the rules.:confused: :D
Or it might be carter, since he hit the "spread" on the nose. :eek:

SintonFan
11-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Or it might be carter, since he hit the "spread" on the nose. :eek:
ROFL!
Don't let K see that post!:D

pirate4state
11-11-2006, 03:22 AM
Or it might be carter, since he hit the "spread" on the nose. :eek: Nah, Carter picked Kaufman to WIN. Patagonian picked Crandall to win by 3 so they get the extra point.

6 teams received 11 points and I'm too tired to look at the "tie breaker" rules for the WC game. There are 3 teams: 3men, Dyslexia & Patagonian that are real close with the spreads on their picks for the wild card games. Every team received 2 pts for their correct wild card picks.

Only teams NOT to receive the 5 point bonus for the Mart-Marlin game were: FUBAR & Carter.

Say good night Rita :nerd: :D

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Nah, Carter picked Kaufman to WIN. Patagonian picked Crandall to win by 3 so they get the extra point.

:doh: :doh: There's the reason I shouldn't post anything after midnight that requires cognating. :nerd: :nerd:

TAMUGRAD
11-11-2006, 07:33 AM
:doh: :doh: There's the reason I shouldn't post anything after midnight that requires cognating. :nerd: :nerd:

You were on at 12:19, and now you are back at 6:00am.
Do you sleep?

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
You were on at 12:19, and now you are back at 6:00am.
Do you sleep?
Hahaha! Sometimes. ;) Have to cook breakfast before the little one leaves for band competition in a little bit.

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Here are the results for this week. We will have FUBAR vs Team Carter in our Week 11 "play in game" to get into the 8 team playoffs. There will be a new thread posted shortly detailing the playoff scenarios as well as any tiebreak procedures that are in place:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8590/week10resultsya9.jpg

NOTE: If you are one of the 7 teams not involved in the play in game this week, you will still turn in your picks as normal but I will post the wild card game that every team will use as their 5th game. The GotW should be posted soon and then I will follow with a w/c game shortly after that. Remember, seeding for #'s 1-7 will be determined after this week of picks with the #1 team playing the winner of the FUBAR/Team Carter matchup.

vet93
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
I may be reading it wrong but didn't Nameless get the closest on Region I...assuming that Canyone one by 22...Nameless had a 17 point pick and 3men had a 15 point pick....

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:02 AM
This is the same as what I posted a few weeks ago. I added further clarification on the tiebreak scenarios.

You’ve heard me make mention of a 3ADownlow Pick’em Game Playoffs…well here is how it’s all going to work. We have 9 times…and in the spirit of the UIL we are going to ensure that all 9 teams make the playoffs! ;).

Structure
- The playoffs will start in Week 11 with FUBAR and Team Carter facing each other.
- Teams 1 through 7 will still turn in picks as has been done every other week. For these 7 teams, Week 11 is the last week to “jockey for position” before starting the playoffs in Week 12.
- NOTE: If two teams are tied with the same overall score at the end of 11 weeks, the team with the most weekly 1st place finishes will have the advantage. If they are tied there, then the team with the higher Week 11 score will get the higher seeding. This will continue to Week 10, 9, etc until the tie is broken
- Beginning in Week 12, the bracket will look like this:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/953/playoffbrackettentativeds8.jpg
- The playoffs will run through Week 14…the last possible week that there will be 5 games to pick from.
NOTE 2: For the playoffs, a mandatory wildcard game will be announced each week and all teams will use that as their 5th game.
NOTE 3: As this is the playoffs and everything is being done in a head-to-head format, there will be no use of the bonus point system.

Scoring/Tiebreakers
If teams have different picks, then the team with the correct pick gets the point. The first team with 3 points advances to the next week. If the teams both choose the same winner, the following tiebreak system will be used:
- Closer to actual point spread of game (this is the current “bonus point” system)
- Closer to actual score of winning team
- Closer to actual score of losing team

NOTE 1:If both teams turn in the exact same pick in Region 1, I will revert back to your pick in the Region 1 game from Week 11 and again use the same tiebreaking system if both teams chose the same winner. After that, it would move to Week 10, 9, and so on until the tie is broken. The same thing would apply if it reverts to Region 2, 3, or 4.

NOTE 2: If you turn in the exact same pick on the wildcard game, it will then go to whichever region that game stems from. For example Wylie/Decatur would be Region 1, Gilmer/T-LE would be Region 2, etc.

As always, please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and I will do my best to get them answered. If there is anything that I haven’t covered in these rules please let me know ASAP so that it can be addressed before the playoffs start so as to minimize heartache later on. Thanks guys…and that other team! ;)

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by vet93
I may be reading it wrong but didn't Nameless get the closest on Region I...assuming that Canyone one by 22...Nameless had a 17 point pick and 3men had a 15 point pick....

:thumbsup: I highlighted the wrong team. Let me fix that...

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:12 AM
also...here are the current 1st place finish totals:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5921/weeklystandingsqe4.jpg

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 11:14 AM
This should come as NO SURPRISE, but I'm :confused: :confused:

ROFLMAO!! I'll read it again later!! ;)

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 11:14 AM
I trust Pirate4state will read the above and understand it all...and then explain it to me!!:D

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 11:15 AM

Haha!! Did you read what I posted right when you posted this???

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Haha!! Did you read what I posted right when you posted this??? YES!!! LOL!! I'll "get it together" after lunch. It is MONDAY MORNING. :doh:

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:25 AM

Here is a scenario.

Team A
Wylie 24 Decatur 20
Gilmer 48 T L/E 38
La Grange 24 Sweeny 21
Cuero 42 Sinton 7
Sweetwater 28 Argyle 27

Team B
Decatur 28 Wylie 21
Gilmer 48 T L/E 31
Sweeny 20 La Grange 14
Cuero 49 Sinton 14
Argyle 28 Sweetwater 21

Results
Wylie 29 Decatur 25
Gilmer 52 T L/E 28
La Grange 24 Sweeny 14
Sinton 28 Cuero 27
Sweetater 35 Argyle 14

Results...

Region 1 - Team A gets the point for picking Wylie

Region 2 - both teams picked Gilmer. The actual point spread was 24 points (52-28 = 24). Team A picked a 10 point spread and Team B picked a 17 point spread. Team B gets the point for being closer.

Region 3 - Team A gets the point for picking La Grange

Region 4 - Both teams picked Cuero. Both teams were wrong but somebody has to get a point for this game. Tiebreak 1 says look at the point spread. Both teams were off by the exact same margin (the 35 points they favored Cuero by plus the 1 point that Sinton won by). Tiebreak 2 says look at the score of the winning team. Sinton scored 28 points and Team B picked them to score 14 points...so they were closer than Team A's pick of 7 points. Thus...Team B gets the point because of tiebreaker 2.

Wild Card Game - Team A gets the point for picking Sweetwater over Argyle.

Team A...3 points
Team B...2 points

Team A advances to the next round.

Clear as mud?
:p

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Here is a scenario.

Team A
Wylie 24 Decatur 20
Gilmer 48 T L/E 38
La Grange 24 Sweeny 21
Cuero 42 Sinton 7
Sweetwater 28 Argyle 27

Team B
Decatur 28 Wylie 21
Gilmer 48 T L/E 31
Sweeny 20 La Grange 14
Cuero 49 Sinton 14
Argyle 28 Sweetwater 21

Results
Wylie 29 Decatur 25
Gilmer 52 T L/E 28
La Grange 24 Sweeny 14
Sinton 28 Cuero 27
Sweetater 35 Argyle 14

Results...

Region 2 - both teams picked Gilmer. The actual point spread was 24 points (52-28 = 24). Team A picked a 10 point spread and Team B picked a 17 point spread. Team B gets the point for being closer.

Region 4 - Both teams picked Cuero. Both teams were wrong but somebody has to get a point for this game. Tiebreak 1 says look at the point spread. Both teams were off by the exact same margin (the 35 points they favored Cuero by plus the 1 point that Sinton won by). Tiebreak 2 says look at the score of the winning team. Sinton scored 28 points and Team B picked them to score 14 points...so they were closer than Team A's pick of 7 points. Thus...Team B gets the point because of tiebreaker 2.

Team A...3 points
Team B...2 points

Clear as mud?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/Confused.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/hypnotised.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/Confused.gif

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm glad that all I see are two little red X boxes!!! :mad:

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm glad that all I see are two little red X boxes!!! :mad:

see if you can see them now!

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:39 AM
see if you can see them now!
I can't see anything from photo bucket at work. It has to be imageshack for me to see it.

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 11:41 AM
ttt...I picked the wrong team for the R4 bonus...

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Here is a scenario.

Team A
Wylie 24 Decatur 20
Gilmer 48 T L/E 38
La Grange 24 Sweeny 21
Cuero 42 Sinton 7
Sweetwater 28 Argyle 27

Team B
Decatur 28 Wylie 21
Gilmer 48 T L/E 31
Sweeny 20 La Grange 14
Cuero 49 Sinton 14
Argyle 28 Sweetwater 21

Results
Wylie 29 Decatur 25
Gilmer 52 T L/E 28
La Grange 24 Sweeny 14
Sinton 28 Cuero 27
Sweetater 35 Argyle 14

Results...

Team A...3 points
Team B...2 points

Clear as mud?

Got it!! :thumbsup: Thank you!! :)

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I can't see anything from photo bucket at work. It has to be imageshack for me to see it.

Oh...well the first one's weren't from photobucket...it was a direct link. Then I saved them so they are now on photobucket.

Needless to say....they are "confused" smilies!!:p

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Got it!! :thumbsup: Thank you!! :)

WOO HOO!!!

Thank goodness!!:D

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Just reminding EVERYBODY that there is a Thursday night game in Region 2!!! Make sure your picks are turned in by 5PM on Thursday!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
If they haven't figured out by now to open the threads themselves, too bad, imo. ;)

Adidas410s
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
With as involved as the scoring and tiebreakers are going to get once we get into Week 12...I just want to minimize the workload! ;)

wimbo_pro
11-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Wimberley plays Marion Thursday night as well. The reason is the Lady Texans (volleyball) are playing in the state semi-finals Friday.

STANG RED
11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Just reminding EVERYBODY that there is a Thursday night game in Region 2!!! Make sure your picks are turned in by 5PM on Thursday!!!

Thank you sir. I hadnt picked up that yet. Now I know. :D

eagles72
11-13-2006, 04:20 PM
I wish they would take into consideration that the Canyon girls will be in the Volleyball State Semi's too. Oh well, it is a really long drive from Canyon to San Marcos, not like many people could go anyway! Seems like everywhere we go is a long way from Canyon though!!:(

STANG RED
11-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by eagles72
I wish they would take into consideration that the Canyon girls will be in the Volleyball State Semi's too. Oh well, it is a really long drive from Canyon to San Marcos, not like many people could go anyway! Seems like everywhere we go is a long way from Canyon though!!:(

On a bright side though, with yall being right up next to the north pole, at least Santa gets to yall first. :D

DaHop72
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank you sir. I hadnt picked up that yet. Now I know. :D I'm glad you saw this. Would have hated to seen a hanging on team FUBAR.:D :D

eagles72
11-13-2006, 04:27 PM
On a bright side though, with yall being right up next to the north pole, at least Santa gets to yall first. :D

Hadn't thought about it that way, that makes it a little brighter though!!:D

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Thursday game?? Shocker!

Adidas410s
11-14-2006, 10:02 AM
ttt kids!!! :mad:

So what happens to team Dyslexia since captain AJ is on a self-imposed ROM?

LH Panther Mom
11-14-2006, 10:36 AM
ttt kids!!! :mad:

So what happens to team Dyslexia since captain AJ is on a self-imposed ROM?
He can't post, but can't he still send pm's like every other team captain does?

Adidas410s
11-16-2006, 03:28 PM
one more time...since the deadline is upon us...

Ranger Mom
11-16-2006, 03:48 PM
one more time...since the deadline is upon us...

Remind me again what time the deadline is! Our "captain" is out of pocket right now!!

Adidas410s
11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
5Pm

pirate4state
11-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Remind me again what time the deadline is! Our "captain" is out of pocket right now!! I have returned! :D We are still missing someone's picks though. :eek:

Adidas410s
11-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Here ya go...look at the picks on Kirbyville/Coldspring! Shocking indeed...:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5881/week11pickskq7.jpg

pirate4state
11-16-2006, 06:37 PM
What's shocking? Are there any bonus points this week?

Adidas410s
11-16-2006, 07:46 PM
What's shocking? Are there any bonus points this week?
I found it shocking that 3 teams turned in 30-14 as their pick for the game. Craziness indeed. Yes there will be bonus points this week for the Top 7 teams.

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Region II: Atlanta 30 Gladewater 8

Looks like we get the bonus point!! :D :D

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Region II: Atlanta 30 Gladewater 8

Looks like we get the bonus point!! :D :D

actually...I input the score wrong for Dyslexia...they also turned in 37 14 Atl so due to the tiebreakers they will get the point! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2006, 09:32 AM
actually...I input the score wrong for Dyslexia...they also turned in 37 14 Atl so due to the tiebreakers they will get the point! :D
:mad: :mad: :mad: Who's on that team? Let me guess..... :thinking:

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Who's on that team? Let me guess..... :thinking:
you know him and love him...;)

Oh...and with all the free time that he now has, their team was the 1st to turn in picks this week too. Surprise indeed! :)

jason
11-17-2006, 09:35 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: Who's on that team? Let me guess..... :thinking: :evillol:
let the crying from p4s begin...

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 09:43 AM
:evillol:
let the crying from p4s begin...

Nice, but that's AJ's department. :)

jason
11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Nice, but that's AJ's department. :) seeing is how he cannot post, you inherited the crown of crying...

Ranger Mom
11-17-2006, 09:46 AM

How ironic that you "accidently" did that!!

I'm beginning to smell a rat!!:eek: :eek:

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 09:46 AM
seeing is how he cannot post, you inherited the crown of crying... Cool! How many jewels does it have??

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2006, 09:57 AM
How ironic that you "accidently" did that!!

I'm beginning to smell a rat!!:eek: :eek:
It seems mighty odd, doesn't it? And how "convenient" that it NOW comes to light, especially after such a BIG DEAL was made over three teams picking the same score. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jason
11-17-2006, 10:35 AM
It seems mighty odd, doesn't it? And how "convenient" that it NOW comes to light, especially after such a BIG DEAL was made over three teams picking the same score. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Ranger Mom
11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
It seems mighty odd, doesn't it? And how "convenient" that it NOW comes to light, especially after such a BIG DEAL was made over three teams picking the same score. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Exactly!! I think there needs to be "yet another rule" set in place that the scores posted on the board stand....adidas may have to pm them to us before they are publicized to make sure he has them right....but it seems kinda funny to me that ALL of the sudden, when the girls got the bonus, there is once again a problem!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

(I'm beginning to think adidas just doesn't like girls!!!:eek: :eek: :D :D :D )

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Exactly!! I think there needs to be "yet another rule" set in place that the scores posted on the board stand....adidas may have to pm them to us before they are publicized to make sure he has them right....but it seems kinda funny to me that ALL of the sudden, when the girls got the bonus, there is once again a problem!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

(I'm beginning to think adidas just doesn't like girls!!!:eek: :eek: :D :D :D )

Don't hate the player, hate the game!!! :mad:

Ranger Mom
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Don't hate the player, hate the game!!! :mad:

Don't hate the girls!!:tongue: :tongue:

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't hate the player, hate the game!!! :mad: Listen here (http://www.jokes.thefunnybone.com/waves/cutitout.wav)

jason
11-17-2006, 12:29 PM
none of this matters, the girls are gonna lose the first round anyways...

injuredinmelee
11-17-2006, 12:59 PM
I think that is my team so Im gonna say GEEEZ calm down ladies.

Ranger Mom
11-17-2006, 01:04 PM
I think that is my team so Im gonna say GEEEZ calm down ladies.

Hmmm....he STILL hasn't corrected it!:thinking: :thinking:

I can see making a typo....but if they actually picked the same score as we did...which was 37-14....then why the heck did he put 27-24?? He made a typo on BOTH scores??

It's not like he got the scores mixed up with someone elses, as nobody even had those on the numbers as a score for that game.

Something is rotton in Denmark, Arlington...wherever the heck he lives!!

I think he is just pulling our leg girls....or else, he needs some help with this BIG TIME!!!!

:doh: :doh:

injuredinmelee
11-17-2006, 01:11 PM
are ya'll jockeying for position because you dont want to play us first round?

jason
11-17-2006, 01:14 PM
i hope this doesnt come back to bite me...but i just looked at the pm i sent aggie john with my region 2 pick, and i do have it:

atlanta 27
gladewater 24

so unless AJ changed it without me knowing, then it is correct in the spreadsheet....

that still doesnt change the fact that the girls will lose the first round...

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2006, 01:20 PM
are ya'll jockeying for position because you dont want to play us first round?
:rolleyes: Oh, puhleeeeeeze!!! :hand: None of you guys gave us a chance at all to be anything but DAL when this first started, so it seems you should be the ones worried about playing US. :devil: :devil:

injuredinmelee
11-17-2006, 01:23 PM
:rolleyes: Oh, puhleeeeeeze!!! :hand: None of you guys gave us a chance at all to be anything but DAL when this first started, so it seems you should be the ones worried about playing US. :devil: :devil:

honestly I didnt even know what team I was on until like week 7. DO ya'll pick your games by the following scenario:

Well Greenwood has nice light blue colors and I dont like the Black of snyder mixed with their maize looking blue... so Greenwood 20-17?

LOL OK OK OK I am just joking.

jason
11-17-2006, 01:23 PM
are ya'll jockeying for position because you dont want to play us first round? would you want to play us in the first round???

has the first round already started?? i havent even been keeping up haha...

SintonFan
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
honestly I didnt even know what team I was on until like week 7. DO ya'll pick your games by the following scenario:

Well Greenwood has nice light blue colors and I dont like the Black of snyder mixed with their maize looking blue... so Greenwood 20-17?

What team are you on injured?

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
DO ya'll pick your games by the following scenario:

Hey, it's worked so far so why change now? :p :D

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 01:28 PM

More like, "which mascot has the cutest costume!" :p

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I think he is just pulling our leg girls....
geez...took ya long enough! :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2006, 02:03 PM
This wasn't funny the first time.....isn't any funnier this time. And it's not a good time to mess with my mind....I think I'm getting sick. :(

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 02:06 PM
This wasn't funny the first time.....isn't any funnier this time. And it's not a good time to mess with my mind....I think I'm getting sick. :( The 1st time wasn't funny it was just BS! :D

Ranger Mom
11-17-2006, 02:08 PM

I had my doubts the entire time.....but the more I thought about it, the more I suspected you were up to NO GOOD!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

As far as the pickem playoffs go...I aint' scared to play anyone, because frankly...i don't understand how it all works anyway.

I just do what P4S tells me too!!!:p

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 02:09 PM
This wasn't funny the first time.....isn't any funnier this time. And it's not a good time to mess with my mind....I think I'm getting sick. :(

Since when did this game become so serious??? :confused: There's no prize for the winner or anything... ;)

pirate4state
11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Since when did this game become so serious??? :confused: There's no prize for the winner or anything... ;)

WHAT?????

;)

LH Panther Mom
11-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Since when did this game become so serious??? :confused:

Originally posted by Bullaholic
You may as well give us the trophy now, Adidas. :D There's even an all "girl" team in there for cryin' out loud.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Since "then" did it become so serious. :p

There's no prize for the winner or anything... ;)
Who needs a prize? It's all about bragging rights! :D

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Here are the results after last night. Hopefully I will update them again late tonight or tomorrow.

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4484/week11resultseh2.jpg

carter08
11-17-2006, 05:21 PM
NO!!!!!!!!

I GOT THE PICK CORRECT
GIVE ME MY ONE POINT!!!!

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
NO!!!!!!!!

I GOT THE PICK CORRECT
GIVE ME MY ONE POINT!!!!

You're in the play-in game for the playoffs d-bag. You either get a point or you don't. Go read the playoff rules! ;)

Adidas410s
11-17-2006, 05:29 PM
To find the playoff rules:

If you have your thread settings set to 40 posts/page...then it's the first post on page 17 in the pick'em game sticky. I posted it on 10/18.

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 01:26 AM
:nerd: ttt

Region I: Wylie 36 Decatur 35
Region III: Kirbyville 27 Coldspring 12
Region IV: Rio Hondo 38 Raymondville 0
Wild Card: Sweeny 31 La Grange 7

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 02:49 AM
:nerd: ttt

Region I: Wylie 36 Decatur 35
Region III: Kirbyville 27 Coldspring 12
Region IV: Rio Hondo 38 Raymondville 0
Wild Card: Sweeny 31 La Grange 7

Girls:

Region I: 0 pts
Region II: 2 pts
Region III: 2 pts
Region IV: 1 pt
Wild Card: 2 pts (?)

Not sure the structure of the wild card game.

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 01:09 PM
ttt for my buddies 3men&an aggie :D

SintonFan
11-18-2006, 01:12 PM
ttt for my buddies 3men&an aggie :D
Why is that p4s?

pirate4state
11-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Why is that p4s? We aren't tied for 3rd anymore. ;) Plus I like picking on y'all. :p :kiss:

SintonFan
11-18-2006, 01:15 PM
We aren't tied for 3rd anymore. ;) Plus I like picking on y'all. :p :kiss:
Really? Cool, so when is the coronation.:devil: :nerd: