PDA

View Full Version : Corpus Christi gets Hank Jr.

pirate44
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Corpus Christi gets Hank Jr.
Country legend is scheduled to perform Sept. 7

By Cassandra Hinojosa Caller-Times
July 29, 2006

In the competition for which city would get country singer Hank Williams Jr. to perform in their neck of the woods, Corpus Christi beat out San Antonio and the Rio Grande Valley.

Williams performs at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 7 at the American Bank Center arena.

"The reason Hank chose Corpus has to do with the success we have had with country music and our geographic location," said Marc Solis, American Bank Center general manager. Solis said that, since Corpus Christi is located between San Antonio and the Valley, he anticipates that many people will drive here from those areas for the concert.

Solis said the country legend performs 30 shows a year. The last time Williams was in town was in 1996.

Williams debuted on the Grand Ole Opry at age 11 and cut his first album at 14. His hit singles include "Family Tradition," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)" and "Born to Boogie."

In 1989, he won his first and only Grammy for "There's a Tear in My Beer" the duet with his father which borrowed the late Hank Sr.'s vocals from a vinyl record.

Hank Williams Jr. also is known for singing the opening theme for ABC's Monday Night Football and has played shows with Kid Rock.

Tickets are $31 to $76.50 and go on sale at noon Aug. 5 at the American Bank Center box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets also may be charged by phone at 881-8499 or purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com.

CalallenWildcat
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Hmmm, I might go to that.